Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
PhilTrashNumber1
placenta

hello9217 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:23 pm Well now that they both made coming out videos, what’s going to be the new theory of what video they’re uploading when they are being cryptic about it?
“soulmate picks my outfits for a week”
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

I'm reaaaally trying not to get my hopes up for anything because so many things are floating on my mind and I know that none of them will end up being an actual video. Not for now, at least.

But damn do I hate when they get cryptic.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
noodlebum
flower crown

I don't think Dan will be in the next video, much as I'd like him to be. Anyone else?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

It's interesting to thing about how much of this next video is just the next creative idea Phil had and how much is going to be strategic. I'm going to vote for something lightweight that's just Phil, because I think that's his strategy going forward in the near term--to be business as usual for a while longer at least before joint content or any major changes in how he presents himself. I for one, though, think at some point his channel will have to grow in a new direction to both be viable long-term and because I think the AmazingPhil persona could use some revamping. Don't get me wrong -- I love him, but I'm interested in seeing some changes.
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

noodlebum wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 pm I don't think Dan will be in the next video, much as I'd like him to be. Anyone else?
I think it could happen. It seems like they want to be in complete control of how their relationship comes across (hance the lack of joint content from vidcon) and I can't blame them so I could totally see how that might be one reason it'd take longer than normal to edit if Dan is in the video. But that could also be wishful thinking.

I do think whatever it is, Phil will definitely try to maintain the same low-key vibe as before coming out. I'm sure they're aware of that added pressure of it being the first video in the post come out universe.
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

dan and phil both liked this on twitter, aww

noodlebum i'm leaning towards no, i don't think dan will be in phil's new video, but i really hope i'm wrong. i'm also not expecting any big announcements, my guess is that it's something more 'creative' which takes longer to put together than the videos about risky clicks and trying out snapchat filters
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

The “edit could take a while “ might just mean he’s going to be busy this week? Or it could mean something interactive like he used to do. Or it could mean Dan’s busy and can’t help with the editing. I mean, maybe Phil always does the AmazingPhil editing on solo vids, but at least when Dan’s been in an AmazingPhil video I know he has helped edit.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

i think phil just had to wait on stuff to arrive/took a long time to edit. maybe he'll explain why in the video :wink:

i really don't think dan is going to be in this new video personally (and i don't know when he'll post new content at all tbh. that's. our. dan. jk love him). i like to have hope, though!!
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
AltMay
glabella

As much as i'd love to see them together i don't expect them to do joint content on their solo channels anymore. That's the impression i've been under for a while at least. I think the return of joint content will be marked by the rebranding of dapg whenever that is.

About the video, at first i was almost sure the delay had to do with shipping but now he said it's the editing that will take a while, i'm at a loss. But hopefully it'll involve something on the side of creative/quirky phil style.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

i found this on tumblr and thought it would keep us occupied for a bit ;) enjoy, my friends :hearts:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
PhancifulPhil
smol bean

A react video with Dan in it just came out
annabanana
sofa crease

Here is the Youtubers React vid!

Also gonna leave this here for comparison :rofl:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
AltMay
glabella

I almost drop dead when i saw the llama song. Poor dan, vidcon been doing him dirty this year.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
SpikyLeaf
phillion/danosaur <//3

annabanana wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 pm Here is the Youtubers React vid!

Also gonna leave this here for comparison :rofl:
I don’t often find FBE videos entertaining but I really liked this one, I think it had some good dan moments and nostalgia. I also really liked John and Hank in it

When the llama song came up I knew dan was going to sing along to it and my heart is so happy i got to see that again.
knq
lava lamp

I’m really excited for Phil’s next video! He’s had time in the last month to come up with some unique video ideas so I’m hoping for something creative and fun.

FBE is better when the people reacting are from a generation we don’t usually get to see on YouTube, like the older people reacting to Dan’s gay video. I like seeing Dan laugh and I liked seeing Phil, but generally I think the Youtubers react format is pretty meh. Youtubers react to things on their YouTube channels all the time; bring back the older man who was in the first pride parade from the BIG react video, that was interesting!
nicky1388
spork

i just want a new video. i think it is obviously going to come from Phil and i think it'll be a solo video. i hope it is something kinda completely random and has nothing to do with anything that's happened lately. just a fun cute video of Phil being cute.

i probably saw it on here, but i don't know who from, but i'm a huge proponent of no more collabs on Phil's channel and revamping games to have all those kinds of things.

i think it would be cute if they did another like edit video phil finding something silly like future reading for them to do. something cute and wholesome would be really nice.

i think it'll be a while until we get another Dan video and i think he's going to continue to give us kinda deeper/thinky videos.

tl:dr, i just want something new. i'm getting tired of my regular channels.
icedcoffeestan
phillion/danosaur <//3

The FBE video was nice enough but I'm a liiiiiiiittle sad that his presence in this video means my dreams of a Dan Reacts to People Reacting to Dan coming out video are likely dead since I don't think FBE has youtubers shoot more than two videos at a time. :'(
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

icedcoffeestan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:07 am The FBE video was nice enough but I'm a liiiiiiiittle sad that his presence in this video means my dreams of a Dan Reacts to People Reacting to Dan coming out video are likely dead since I don't think FBE has youtubers shoot more than two videos at a time. :'(
In past years they’ve shot 3 or 4 with them at a time. Dan could also react to Generations React to B.IG on his channel like when Dan and Phil reacted to Teens React to Dan and Phil.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Martyn finally found a cause worth using that famous brother card to promote. (Phil liked it on twitter.)
nicky1388
spork

icedcoffeestan wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:07 am The FBE video was nice enough but I'm a liiiiiiiittle sad that his presence in this video means my dreams of a Dan Reacts to People Reacting to Dan coming out video are likely dead since I don't think FBE has youtubers shoot more than two videos at a time. :'(
i think it's also important to figure in that Dan (& Phil) are british and based in London. i've noticed ALOT of larger youtubers are LA based and probably easier to get ahold of which is why they only do 2 at a time. When they get bigger names or people who live out of state, maybe they do a few more?

ETA: i rewatched BIG today and it was only my 4th or 5th time but i'm surprised by how much of it i have memorized. it is an odd video to memorize but it has impacted me a lot so maybe that has to do with it.

Also, people have been talking about lines that get stuck in their heads and i don't have one, but i can watch this video 3 or 4 times in a row and usually pull it up at least once or twice a week. the SMILES and just complete comfortablity and love and freshness that radiates from this video is INSANE.

formlessblobsunite
drama llama

Well, I loved seeing Dan in the FBE video. my glowing sweet tol boi :love1: but my main takeaway is that all he needed to do was say "chaotic neutral energy" and now I'm filled with an overwhelming desire to see him play Dungeons&Dragons (or, you know, in a dream world, play d&d with him).
:rainbowtears:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

The D&P shop is having another clear out sale - I know they confirmed it wasn’t closing down (I expect they’ll keep trying to sell the last of those pricey II jackets until the end of time) but it’s getting very sparse indeed. I’m hoping it’s because there are plans to one day make some new joint merch, maybe for whatever DAPG rebrands into; realistically they probably haven’t even thought about it yet but I’m still holding on to hope!! (I didn’t expect new merch from Dan right after his return either and he had 2 lots.)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am The D&P shop is having another clear out sale - I know they confirmed it wasn’t closing down (I expect they’ll keep trying to sell the last of those pricey II jackets until the end of time) but it’s getting very sparse indeed. I’m hoping it’s because there are plans to one day make some new joint merch, maybe for whatever DAPG rebrands into; realistically they probably haven’t even thought about it yet but I’m still holding on to hope!! (I didn’t expect new merch from Dan right after his return either and he had 2 lots.)
This post actually made me wonder if IRL was in the dark for the first half of the year, too. How did Dan and Phil communicate the reason for the stall? Did they just say it was a creative think too? Or do they trust the whole team enough to have confided they were going to come out?
cheekyc
squish

Okay, so I know this is supposed to go under the DnP dreams thread, but my dream last night was so intrinsically tied to recent news that I had to share here. It’s my first dream about Deppy, and it’s VERY unrealistic.
So, Phil tweeted about new channel content (yay) and addressed at his QnA the future of DAPG.
So I had this dream that I was sitting in a drive through and I was j chillin’ checking YouTube and whatnot. I refresh my sub box to see a simultaneous upload from Phil and a channel called Our Two Chins (a renamed DAPG/ don’t ask me where the name came from, it’s a dream). I click on the OTC video, because YOLO. It’s Deppy, but it’s not shot side-by-side. Instead, the video cuts between individual talking-head shots. It’s strange. They talk about how they bought a place, but it never felt quite right. They found themselves drifting apart. They were still together, but they were incredibly stressed. So they moved again, and things seemed to get better. They joke about the flat being cursed.
They clarify that through all of this, they love each other immensely. It’s a great relief knowing that through all of the BS, things could work out.
It was a sweet enough dream, but I was still nervous about the future. Never once in the video were they on camera together. That’s unusual for the first video on a revamped joint channel.
I digress. It was a strange dream. It likely means nothing.
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

They may not have brought up taking a break at all; Phil didn’t take one, really, and he had a merch launch in April that they were prepping/taking pics for etc in March, and they had the D&P shop sale in March too. I expect Martyn, at least, was probably aware Dan was taking a sabbatical from youtube, but they must have been working on his merch too, a while before its launch around the same time as his vid.
If the order numbers are anything to go by (and they might not be, idk how their numbering system works), then the D&P shop is orders of magnitude more popular than their individual shops combined, so hopefully they’ll look into new items for it once they figure out what/when their return’ll be.

That dream sounds like a classic anxiety one, hardly surprising when we’re all so uncertain about the future of joint content! Before they left for LA I had one about being in a car with Phil, who was sad Dan had gone off clubbing in LA without him. Obviously, that didn’t end up being the case. :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com