Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nicky1388
spork

i'm just upset that i'm not in the UK. i really wanted to get my daughter the galaxy stationary set for school but it's not on the US website.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

nicky1388 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:57 pm i'm just upset that i'm not in the UK. i really wanted to get my daughter the galaxy stationary set for school but it's not on the US website.
You can order from the uk site even if you're in the US! In fact, shipping is often cheaper there.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Dan has liked some exceptionally beautiful art on Tumblr. :shock:
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am The D&P shop is having another clear out sale - I know they confirmed it wasn’t closing down (I expect they’ll keep trying to sell the last of those pricey II jackets until the end of time) but it’s getting very sparse indeed. I’m hoping it’s because there are plans to one day make some new joint merch, maybe for whatever DAPG rebrands into; realistically they probably haven’t even thought about it yet but I’m still holding on to hope!! (I didn’t expect new merch from Dan right after his return either and he had 2 lots.)
that's interesting. i didn't know there were rumors about it closing down; i guess i missed that during my phandom break. did they send out a newsletter about their sale?

rebrand march is truly going to be a dream :valentine:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

itasca00 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 pm Dan has liked some exceptionally beautiful art on Tumblr. :shock:
It took until just now for me to realize that's supposed to be Phil fainting and not Phil dropping to his knees for a different reason.
phandemonium
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:15 pm
itasca00 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 pm Dan has liked some exceptionally beautiful art on Tumblr. :shock:
It took until just now for me to realize that's supposed to be Phil fainting and not Phil dropping to his knees for a different reason.
...I didn't realize that until you pointed it out 😅
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

honest to gawd, i HATE how much i love dan howell.

this one (1) tumblr like was content i didn't know i was deeply craving.
JLynne
drama llama

Yeah, that was definitely the first interpretation that popped into my head too :lol: I'm just as thotty as Dan, apparently

(also, that shirt needs to make a reappearance.)
liola
rankussy

Yeah, it took me until the artist specified it for me to go "oh. Oh he just fainted."

Good like Dan. *slow clap*
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Oh look
GalaxyDarling

he looks different somehow. getting that d... lol
icedcoffeestan
phillion/danosaur <//3

JLynne wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:48 pm
Yeah, that was definitely the first interpretation that popped into my head too :lol: I'm just as thotty as Dan, apparently

(also, that shirt needs to make a reappearance.)
Yup count me in as joining the club of people who saw this particular piece of fan art a bunch when it was first posted but wholly misinterpreted what was happening in it until today.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I don’t think I’d ever have thought it was anything *else* if the OP hadn’t said so. :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
GalaxyDarling

Oh crap, I didn't realize that shirtless picture of Dan I linked was old... Oh well, a nice pic anyway
nicky1388
spork

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:58 pm
nicky1388 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:57 pm i'm just upset that i'm not in the UK. i really wanted to get my daughter the galaxy stationary set for school but it's not on the US website.
You can order from the uk site even if you're in the US! In fact, shipping is often cheaper there.
thanks for informing me! i ended up getting her the pixel people set (which she'll probably hate, lol) because the shipping was cheaper. she has plenty of notebooks anyhow. maybe if they have it in a week or so with my next paycheck i'll get it!
autumnhearth
senpai

Shipping is also often faster and definitely more reliable. I’ve heard District Lines has been a mess recently. Just something to consider for the future. I hope your merch arrives with no hiccups.
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 am
Shipping is also often faster and definitely more reliable. I’ve heard District Lines has been a mess recently. Just something to consider for the future. I hope your merch arrives with no hiccups.
District lines has been a mess. I accidentally ordered my phil merch from them because I'd forgotten I could order from the other site and got the pocket mirror instead of the candle despite paying waaaay too much on shipping for it. Heard back from them that they'd gotten incorrect invoices from IRL and that they would fix the problem but I'm still waiting on the candle. Although they made it sound like it was not a snafu on their end, I've heard other horror stories about district lines so I'm not totally convinced. Either way, I can say they were prompt about communicating with me about the problem via email so that's something. If there are any hiccups with district lines definitely email them about it! They said I could keep the mirror even though I offered to send it back :shrug:
knq
lava lamp

The other day I got curious about what Adrian's been up to since he originally established himself online. It seems like he recently came back from a hiatus of his own and shared this photo in July. I wonder if it was meant as a response to Dan coming out, as it echoes the Love is Love philosophy and I don't see much of a connection between the photo and the quote.

Am I reaching? I just like to think of Dan and Phil's families getting together for a happy Christmas someday, okay. :festivedeppy:

Love is the only thing that matters.

(Can't figure out how to include text with IG photos anymore so I just pasted it.)
snoopysadie

I reblogged that and my first thought was "omg imagine if Dan saw this" and now the fucker liked it. I love you Dan. You and your gayness make me enjoy existence.

Matthew Lush, eww *drops invisible stick i wouldn't touch him with*

I'm really looking forward to Phil's video and even though I also think it will be pretty standard AP (maybe, hopefully a little more old-school, crazy creative AP) I would love for Phil to prove us wrong and just acknowledge the PCOU or have something in it that would make us die... I mean... remember when he came out and snatched all of our wigs? It's midnight and I just remembered that happened and I stared at my wall for like a minute.

Also, on the topic of merch: I found a specific site where the daps reviews were awful, apparently due to some issues with stock around the end of last year/beginning of this year and I was quite surprised because I never had any problems (I buy from the worldwide shop obvs). Still patiently awaiting my backpack and dvd, which have been in the country for a month now with all paperwork/shipping fees having been taken care of but you gotta love the national postal service :) :) :), I definitely don't wish for them to choke on a dick or anything
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I've been hit with late night soft feelings and feel compelled to share.
nicky1388
spork

i want to go back to the merch talk again.

i think it's really silly for them to have seperate shops. i know they don't want to be known as a duo but as seperate entities, but the fact of the matter is that they are often seen as a duo. typically, if you stan one, you stan the other. especially if you're going to be buying merch. i'm TOTALLY HERE for seperate merch, but i would appreciate it all in one place so that i'm not paying multiple shipping costs. ya know?

also, ever since June, I've been really into older videos because yes it hits different but in this totally sweet and adorable way, ya know? here's today's top choice:

highlights include:
- the infamous babycakes shirt and sonic boxers because i'm a sucker for clothes sharing.
- Phil's little love tummy
- Dan's pants seriously looking like they're about to fall off.
- me realizing 3/4 of the way through Dan is still 19. lol.
- the boys falling over and just being absolutely adorable.

ETA: i think doing baking/cooking videos again could be really good joint content if they do revamp dapg. they're cute and funny. lots of bants. arguably teaching something kinda and letting the boys move and comment on something. like, i don't know how to explain it properly but i really also LOVED the golf series because the bants came easily because the game was fun and cute but no story or need to super pay it attention, ya know?
noodlebum
flower crown

Yes, I think they struggled with games like Dream Daddy which had a lot of speech and reading through, rather than just messing around on the sims/golf/baking. Like you said, less need to be super attentive during it, so can chat more
phandemonium
drama llama

Cooking and baking would be so good. I watch a lot of cooking /baking channels because I love to cook myself, but there's something incredibly refreshing in watching amateurs. Watching Dan and Phil try hard and then burn stuff or discover mid-through that they don't have the right utensils but still end up with yummy results is honestly without exaggeration life-affirming. I love watching people create amazing things in the kitchen but watching videos like Dan and Phil's baking experiments makes me want to actually put in a n apron myself and try things I haven't been brave enough to. Plus, you know, excellent banter opportunity.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I love that video except for the random Alex Day head in it (I get why it's there).

Also, can they do something please because I am not getting work done and I would wholly like to blame it on them.
kavat
pastel persona

phandemonium wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 pm Cooking and baking would be so good. I watch a lot of cooking /baking channels because I love to cook myself, but there's something incredibly refreshing in watching amateurs. Watching Dan and Phil try hard and then burn stuff or discover mid-through that they don't have the right utensils but still end up with yummy results is honestly without exaggeration life-affirming. I love watching people create amazing things in the kitchen but watching videos like Dan and Phil's baking experiments makes me want to actually put in a n apron myself and try things I haven't been brave enough to. Plus, you know, excellent banter opportunity.
Yes, same. I love Bon Appetit because of how professional and inspiring their content is, but I also love that Julien Solomita has been doing a lot of cooking videos, just testing things in the kitchen. It doesn't have to be perfect to be good, it just has to be entertaining, which is exactly the case with deppy's baking videos.