Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

I love Russell Tovey
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Ablissa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am This Instagram like from Phil is giving me a lot of feelings...
How is that just the most Phil thing to like ever? It's not popcorn-cactus-colorful branding-Phil, but just like. Phil.
nicky1388
spork

i need content. i am watching domestic compilations that are pre-PCOU, so they seem so shippy and silly. halp.

also, that like. my brain just wants to keep superimposing Dan into it. lol.
noodlebum
flower crown

Phillll the suspense! Please let it be worth the wait and not the biggest anti-climax ever :(
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Their instagram/twitter activity makes me wonder if they both might have had private accounts where they followed gay peers and now they are slowing adding who they want to their public accounts.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Megancita75 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:55 pm Their instagram/twitter activity makes me wonder if they both might have had private accounts where they followed gay peers and now they are slowing adding who they want to their public accounts.
This feels very likely. I love how now things like the top bottom tweet or just any mention of lgtbq+ topics would be a regular Tuesday activity.

Is anyone else imagining Phil going through his mentions and seeing the questions about the video being delayed and just laughing cheekily and doing that plotting hand thing with the fingers? Maybe it's just me
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
stufflizloves
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm
Ablissa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am This Instagram like from Phil is giving me a lot of feelings...
How is that just the most Phil thing to like ever? It's not popcorn-cactus-colorful branding-Phil, but just like. Phil.
it really, really is.

also i now have an intense need to know whether they’ve watched Looking...like, an intense need. oh boy. (also MAN...hard recommendation for anyone who hasn’t mainlined the 2 seasons + movie. it has its flaws—FOR SURE—but man do I love the character of Patrick a lot. actually, maybe I just really love Jonathan Groff. ..both, it can be both.)
hintatty
drama llama

Has anyone seen all of this business about the alleged Phil TikTok account? It's pretty strange, if nothing else, but then I'm starting to get the impression that most of these kinds of things in this fandom are quite strange

https://tikvid.com/amazlngphil/tiktok-u ... 9711129606
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

snoopysadie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:07 pm
Is anyone else imagining Phil going through his mentions and seeing the questions about the video being delayed and just laughing cheekily and doing that plotting hand thing with the fingers? Maybe it's just me
thank you for this opportunity to use one of my favorite gifs:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

also i now have an intense need to know whether they’ve watched Looking...like, an intense need. oh boy. (also MAN...hard recommendation for anyone who hasn’t mainlined the 2 seasons + movie. it has its flaws—FOR SURE—but man do I love the character of Patrick a lot. actually, maybe I just really love Jonathan Groff. ..both, it can be both.)

I loved Looking and also wonder if they've seen the movie Weekend -- both are by the same director, Andrew Haigh.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

hintatty wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:27 pm Has anyone seen all of this business about the alleged Phil TikTok account? It's pretty strange, if nothing else, but then I'm starting to get the impression that most of these kinds of things in this fandom are quite strange

you know what? i could fully see this next video being a tiktok spon. approval from sponsors can take a while (thus the delay) and tiktok's been sponning other youtubers i've watched.

i'll take it. just... just make it good phil. pls.
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

rizzo wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm
hintatty wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:27 pm Has anyone seen all of this business about the alleged Phil TikTok account? It's pretty strange, if nothing else, but then I'm starting to get the impression that most of these kinds of things in this fandom are quite strange

you know what? i could fully see this next video being a tiktok spon. approval from sponsors can take a while (thus the delay) and tiktok's been sponning other youtubers i've watched.

i'll take it. just... just make it good phil. pls.
hmmmm....interesting! :tu:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

I saw the one in London with the boyfriend posted on instagram a few days ago and figuered it was fake. Lol if it's actually him.
Puffy
drama llama

Seems like it could well actually be his Tik Tok, they look like Vegas videos but longer than what we’ve seen on Instagram. Could still potentially be fake but it’s so much effort to do that (and only follow two people and those two people be corgis) and not do anything majorly fandom-stirring with it? Even when people take famous usernames they usually put their own name to it. Idk.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

phandemonium
drama llama

I am starting to wonder what "quite a long one" means... Will it be an hour long epic? Phil's videos are usually very short so long could be anything over 15 minutes...
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

So this is completely useless speculation, but Manchester's pride event is this weekend, including a parade. Seems like all of the events are ticketed though. Any thoughts on whether Phil might go to it?
JLynne
drama llama

Long video, lots of prep time, lots of apparently tricky editing... what have you got up your sleeves, Mr. Lester?? Color me intrigued
sparkle
blobfish

Phil tweets:

me to me:

me in reality:

I swear to god if this isn't at least 10:02 I'm unstanning.

also thank you for the love previously :love1: it means a lot
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

knq wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:50 am A weird part of me doesn’t want Phil to post. Because once he does, when will we see him again?

I’m content with the knowledge that a video is coming sometime this week-ish, but once Phil actually posts that video, then what? Will he go back to a ~12 day posting schedule like he had before coming out? Or will he post as and when he feels like it, like Dan? And then what?

This is a strange thing to choose to be anxious about at 1am but here I am.
I agree with this whole feeling. I like anticipating a video, I like knowing something nice is coming and it's gonna drop any day. It just adds a little bit of excitement to my life that I value.

It's the days after a video when there's nothing imminent that I get kind of sad. Especially if it's the sort of video that everyone just wants to complain about, and considering how long he's been hyping it there's a higher likelihood that a lot of people are gonna deem it not good enough (unless he surprises us all and it's joint content).
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan just liked more art on tumblr- including a cute drawing of him and phil
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Let's play a guessing game :D What do you think the title, length and thumbnail of the video are?

I'll start: "Reacting to weird TikToks" (12:01), thumbnail is Phil with a surprised face, holding one hand in front of his mouth and the other one holds his phone. The background of the thumbnail is some odd TikTok video frame. A small #ad in the corner.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My giess...

Things I Bought Because Instagram Made Me (17:31) with a thumbnail that's a second stress mushroom (this one glows in the dark) and some of those, uh, special chocolates that Firebox sells. (Blurred out so he doesn't get slapped with that demonetization.)
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

My guess

Our first 48 hours a dog parents in 48 minutes (48:48) with a thumbnail that will be a real life version of my profile picture.
:rainbowtears:
A girl can hope can't she ;)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Puffy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm Seems like it could well actually be his Tik Tok, they look like Vegas videos but longer than what we’ve seen on Instagram. Could still potentially be fake but it’s so much effort to do that (and only follow two people and those two people be corgis) and not do anything majorly fandom-stirring with it? Even when people take famous usernames they usually put their own name to it. Idk.
I was wondering the same thing, but an anon on tumblr explained that it was fake. Apparently he does have an account, like he said he did at vidcon, but he isnt using it, again like he said at vidcon. Idk I wouldn't be against a tiktok spon because I want content but also...I wouldn't be a huge fan of a tiktok spon lol.

(link)