Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

Well, that's my afternoon sorted thanks
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

phil liked tomska's tweet about his new card game with big potato
i think it's pretty likely we could get a video where dan and phil play muffin time once the game's out next year! since it's the same company that did truth bombs with them and also tom played that with them on dapg.

thank you autumnhearth i really enjoyed all those compilations! don't know why wii music makes everything funnier but it does
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

me @ phil:

socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

Hope Phil's video is worth the wait whenever it comes :roll:
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I don’t have high expectations for this video. It’s probably going to be a typical AP video but longer with more Phil and that’s always okay with me. I think their silence has more to do with behind the scenes stuff that we’ll either find out about (if it’s a project) or that they’ll never talk about. It would be nice to get a random tweet or Instagram story that’s more than just a tightly zoomed in shot though
nicky1388
spork

Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:50 pm I don’t have high expectations for this video. It’s probably going to be a typical AP video but longer with more Phil and that’s always okay with me. I think their silence has more to do with behind the scenes stuff that we’ll either find out about (if it’s a project) or that they’ll never talk about. It would be nice to get a random tweet or Instagram story that’s more than just a tightly zoomed in shot though
i agree with this more and more. as the days pass, my expectations are actually getting lower because i don't think it's going to be anything groundbreaking or amazing. it's going to be cute and fun but nothing big that we've built up.

they're probably just reveling in being able to be more free and open with themselves. i believe maybe 15 or so people knew about Dan before he came out and he's probably just enjoying going around without worrying about perceptions or if he's going to let something slip. i do hope they're conversing about the future of DAPG though. i cannot help but raise my hopes for it to be revived.
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Dan's latest insta story.

I'm so firmly on the moving train, I'm now the conductor.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Not so subtle spon for more merch.

Also... MOVING IS HAPPENING
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

y'all, we got a lot to unpack here.

first, desk. are those daniel howell pencils??? i swear those weren't a thing, if they were, correct me. i've been gone from the phandom for a minute.
second. we got...joint content???? who is she???? (I cannot believe how low my joint content standards are)
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Looks like a spoiler for DH school supplies... yay another merch release 3rd since his video. I’m being incredibly salty and I don’t care. I never have a problem with anyone making merch but like really?

Phil upload soon please I’m losing the will
liola
rankussy

I cannot believe Daniel fucking Howell dared to post a joint picture with a filter obscuring both of their faces THIS IS A TRAVESTY
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I see their attempt to cover the lack of video and.... I only mildly accept it out of desperation.

Not sure if I'm a fan of more Dan merch tbh. Even having regular insta stories would make that more reasonable, but... we don't even have those, so I hope he waits on that.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

the desk + dh merch could be for a photoshoot? (though I want moving SO BAD) the other two photos are cute. Love boyfriend mirror selfies (lmao).
Phantasy
woodland creature

Looks like they’re having a lovely sit on their terrace/balcony enjoying the nice late summer weather. :love2:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I was thinking photoshoot as well - definitely looks like somewhere you’d sit a slightly terrifying exam, lol. School supplies would certainly be timely given it’s back to school/college soon for a lot of people. (And despite the fact it’s been over 15 years since I left formal education, I’m still a huge stationery addict and would be all over it, dammit Dan)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Ablissa
pastel persona

rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 pm I see their attempt to cover the lack of video and.... I only mildly accept it out of desperation.

Not sure if I'm a fan of more Dan merch tbh. Even having regular insta stories would make that more reasonable, but... we don't even have those, so I hope he waits on that.
Same, and I'm usually a massive supporter of them getting more money. But three batches of merch feels too soon when we still don't know what's planned for the future.

I really want a Phil video, pleaseee. My expectations are lower than low at this point so anything will be nice.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 pm the desk + dh merch could be for a photoshoot? (though I want moving SO BAD) the other two photos are cute. Love boyfriend mirror selfies (lmao).
Yeah that’s my thoughts too. The furniture isn’t that expensive probably bought for a shoot. Can he give me a IG story with him and Phils faces not warped please :cry:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm happy for whatever they're doing. I'm happy for selfies. I'm happy for more merch releases. I'm happy for general activity in whatever form we get it. My opinion on merch is the same as it always is, there's no set ratio or rule for what you release and how often compared to videos, and I'm guessing based on how much sells out that they sell well enough that most of their audience isn't unhappy with it.

Maybe I'm just biased because I genuinely have enjoyed getting the more behind the scenes look at IRL that we've been treated to this year. It feels like real moments from their life. Yeah, a video would be nice too, but at this point I feel like people have too high expectations and that's just gonna let people down anyway and two days later there will be more complaints because the video wasn't long enough, or good enough, or had a spon in it, or didn't feel genuine, or wasn't joint content, etc etc. So right now - yep, bring on the merch, boys. At least you're doing stuff that we get to see.
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:11 pm I'm happy for whatever they're doing. I'm happy for selfies. I'm happy for more merch releases. I'm happy for general activity in whatever form we get it. My opinion on merch is the same as it always is, there's no set ratio or rule for what you release and how often compared to videos, and I'm guessing based on how much sells out that they sell well enough that most of their audience isn't unhappy with it.

Maybe I'm just biased because I genuinely have enjoyed getting the more behind the scenes look at IRL that we've been treated to this year. It feels like real moments from their life. Yeah, a video would be nice too, but at this point I feel like people have too high expectations and that's just gonna let people down anyway and two days later there will be more complaints because the video wasn't long enough, or good enough, or had a spon in it, or didn't feel genuine, or wasn't joint content, etc etc. So right now - yep, bring on the merch, boys. At least you're doing stuff that we get to see.
thank you! my mindset at the moment is that i'm just gonna let them do their thing, whatever it may be. let them release content when they want. let them live their lives. they have their reasons for being quiet (as we've seen), and we just have to respect that. the wait is getting shorter. the best thing we can do right now is just support them. :lilheart:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

I think the whole there has to be X videos for a merch release thing is a bit ridiculous. Like the designing and releasing of merch is them making art for us. If you don't want to buy it, don't.
You wouldn't say you're not buying an artist's album cos they've not posted on Instagram or not watch a TV show because the director isn't active on twitter.
Them spending time opening and running their merch company is something they did FOR US.
Yes they're making money, I'm not oblivious to that, but they have to make a living. If Dan decided to never upload again and instead develop his passion for marketing and product design and produce more merch why on earth would you not support that?

Idk everyone is obviously welcome to an opinion I just think it's really strange to want to put someone down who you support for sharing something they're passionate about.
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

ooh things have happened in the past hour, that's what I get for showering! I was just thinking (after watching the videos autumnhearth posted, thank you!!) how much I miss Dan. like, we've all been anxiously waiting for Phil's video but I also miss Dan a dumb amount. I'd like a video, a hint of a video, even a dumb tweet will do. the "joint content" was funny, yeah, but just not enough, I guess? not to mention the possible-probable merch tease. I just wish for him to grace us with his presence a bit more.
:rainbowtears:
JLynne
drama llama

Just thinking of the boys relaxing on their balcony with some wine and fancy ice cubes, enjoying the warmth and each other's company makes me :rainbowtears:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm I think the whole there has to be X videos for a merch release thing is a bit ridiculous. Like the designing and releasing of merch is them making art for us. If you don't want to buy it, don't.
You wouldn't say you're not buying an artist's album cos they've not posted on Instagram or not watch a TV show because the director isn't active on twitter.
Them spending time opening and running their merch company is something they did FOR US.
Yes they're making money, I'm not oblivious to that, but they have to make a living. If Dan decided to never upload again and instead develop his passion for marketing and product design and produce more merch why on earth would you not support that?

Idk everyone is obviously welcome to an opinion I just think it's really strange to want to put someone down who you support for sharing something they're passionate about.
I don't know if you're responding to me or rizzo, but this is not what we said. I'm always happy when they make merch and I'm literally the person who tries to explain to others that this is their job and they're supposed to be making money. No one is putting them down here.

I just feel like it would be better to hold off another merch release, or better yet, it would've been best to combine all of those into one. It just makes more sense to me that way.

However, if he does release a notebook and pencils, I guess it makes sense with the back to school theme. I'm merely impatient for more content, but I'm definitely not putting anyone down.

Also... yes, they run the merch company for us and we love merch, but don't make it sound like it's some super big favor or something... They make great money on it, which is awesome, but it's not like we need to thank them for selling us products.
autumnhearth
senpai

IRL merch has an office yeah? I imagine that’s where the IKEA desk is s I don’t recognize the flooring. Their definitely still at their apartment, that’s the pigeon fest balcony. I was wondering what would even be special about DH pencils. Like clearly their the all black kind, but I’m hoping the have ‘have the courage to exist’ embossed on them. Otherwise what’s the point?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’ve seen that Ikea desk before, not like it’s so rare that no one else would have, but anyway I’m pretty sure it’s the one Baylee Jae has two of.

I’ve had a cold since SITC and watched enough films, don’t know how some dare to call themselves horrors tbh, they barely deserve to be films, I could go for a video, though I don’t mind waiting, I’d just like to feel they’re not sitting there leaving us hanging while they don’t talk to us. I’ve been moseying along not minding, but even with the odd ig or twitter post, no live shows feels like silence for weeks between videos now. I know it’s been a bigger gap just lately for reasons and we know what was up for the first 6 months of this year, still we’re waiting for any answers going forward.

On merch, the argument that it’s their job so they should make money falls flatter than hell to me. I’m sitting here with rsi again hoping it’ll go if I do as little as I can with my arms for weeks and no feasible thing I can confidently do if they don’t clear up, it twists my mind in knots trying to think of an answer. Meanwhile I’m broke af cos this year has been full of ill and silent clients, so thank god for my mum.