Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

Megancita75 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm
also i now have an intense need to know whether they’ve watched Looking...like, an intense need. oh boy. (also MAN...hard recommendation for anyone who hasn’t mainlined the 2 seasons + movie. it has its flaws—FOR SURE—but man do I love the character of Patrick a lot. actually, maybe I just really love Jonathan Groff. ..both, it can be both.)

I loved Looking and also wonder if they've seen the movie Weekend -- both are by the same director, Andrew Haigh.
this is unrelated but I feel like if we're wondering about them watching Looking, we NEED to wonder about them watching Queer as Folk US(I'm just utter qaf trash, sorry) and I would love to know that because that's queer culture and... yeah... :rainbowtears:

so... phil... what does this MEAN? i can't see him making a second draw my life to talk about his gayness and not mention dan given that dan was/is a big part of his life and gayness. I would think he'd continue to address everything in that low-key way he's weaving into his new branding.
I have NO idea what this could be but we only have to wait three days so i give up. I just really hope it's 20+ minutes long.
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Just being extra demon tonight, but how great would a Draw Our Life (Together) be?
Edit-Now I just noticed that's all over Tumblr already, so that's what I get for coming here first lol.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Off topic, but I love in this vid starting at 4:40 where you can here Dan paying in the background. Bits of their real life are so interesting to me. Along these same lines, I don’t remember which live show it was, but I remember them talking about how Phil was buying both their movie snacks. I’m just nosy about how they handle who pays for what. I wonder if it’s changed now that they are out. Sorry if no one else is interested in this!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
uwu
phillion/danosaur <//3

https://pseudophan.tumblr.com/post/1870 ... usion-time I've only read the last two pages of this thread, so excuse me if I'm repeating what others have said, but I thought this was worth a read and makes some good points
In conclusion, confusion
though you may not know where your gifts may lead, and it may not show at the start, when you live your dream,
:love1: :love2: :love1: :love2: you'll find destiny is written in your heart :love1: :love2: :love1: :love2:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

uwu wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:58 am https://pseudophan.tumblr.com/post/1870 ... usion-time I've only read the last two pages of this thread, so excuse me if I'm repeating what others have said, but I thought this was worth a read and makes some good points
In conclusion, confusion
I'm on team "it's gonna be something that we didn't really see coming" (maybe unfortunately). But at this point i'll take anything.
:gayaf:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

I keep hoping maybe the video will be up tomorrow bc remember when Phil was gonna do a countdown to his merch store last year and he ended up only doing a one day countdown? See Phil’s explanation At 0:30.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Susanisnotafish wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:29 am I keep hoping maybe the video will be up tomorrow bc remember when Phil was gonna do a countdown to his merch store last year and he ended up only doing a one day countdown? See Phil’s explanation At 0:30.
I can’t help but point out my fav moment from this live show @4:35... Dan’s flirtatious little smile when recalling the Canadian border agent, Chan.
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Amiaw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:12 am What do y'all think of this?

https://allthephils.tumblr.com/post/18 ... ole-moving
I hope it’s true! I hope it’s true! I really want them to have bought a house so they can finally get a dog(s)!
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Susanisnotafish wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:23 am
Amiaw wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:12 am What do y'all think of this?

https://allthephils.tumblr.com/post/18 ... ole-moving
I hope it’s true! I hope it’s true! I really want them to have bought a house so they can finally get a dog(s)!
Honestly, to me it just looks the same but in the second photo the decking is unfocused in the background :shrug:
Maybe that's just me though. I tend to be very anti-moving theories, probably because I loathe change.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I'm not sure about the pictures either but Dan's instagram story was a video so I don't know if it would change the look of the decking that much. I also compared it to their pigeonfest video and from what we can see it looks really different. Also, they could have moved Phil's plant but the wall behind it looks different too. so to sum it up i do think it is a different balcony It might be the same and i've been wrong enough to not bet on being right but it looks just different enough for me to be curious

here's another shot of the deck
Last edited by Amiaw on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Listen them having the same deck doesnt mean we all have to pack up camp on moving hill (or stop accepting newcomers). We havent seen the inside of their flat in ages. Not to mention, they can still be moving and maybe be in that weird in between phase where you're half living in both places. A forever home, I imagine, would take quite a bit of time to move into.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Are we even sure those stories were taken now? They're famous for being masters at delaying content so i'm not saying that they *are* delayed but i'm also not not saying it mostly because I don't trust them and I am very suspicious when they are silent for days and then drop content all at once like they did yesterday.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

To me, the floor in the pidgeon fest and the floor in Dan's IG look the same. The ridges are more visible in the first one due to higher contrast.

As far as them moving, don't really care. (I think there can be a lot of reasons why we're not seeing pictures from the flat. If they've seen what people have done with what they have shared so far, they might have decided that they have shared too much already and I'm pretty sure they don't want people to know their floor plan.)

What I do care about, however, is them getting a dog before Phil's looked into if he's getting allergic. It's one thing to joke about taking an allergy pill everyday and a totally different thing actually doing it. And besides, it might not work. Getting a dog, especially if it's rescued or re-homed, is to cater to it's needs not your own wants. And if Phil truly is an animal lover, well...

I'm not saying they can't or shouldn't get a dog I just hope, that for that dog's sake, he is as sure as anyone can be and don't get one and hopes for the best.
knq
lava lamp

I recognize the wall in the ice cube IG. You can see the same wall in Phil's Week in the Life video when he shows us his maple. There's white stucco behind the maple, and then off to the left the wall turns into a tan slate/tile type thing, same as in the IG video.
I appreciate that Dan and Phil live in a place with interesting architecture considering how much we end up examining it. I hope the new place is equally unique.
hintatty
drama llama

fwiw, i don't think this is delayed content. seems like a pretty reasonable representation of the weather in London yesterday :shrug:
kavat
pastel persona

Phil's been hyping this video for so long now. I would really like it to be an updated Draw My/Our Life, but the cynic in me says it's Drawing my subscribers 2.0. I'm keeping my expectations super low for my own sake.
phandemonium
drama llama

Yeah, I hate how hyped I am for Phil's video right now. Not even because I fear he'll disappoint me, but because afterwards I'll be all untethered. If that makes any sense.
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

kavat wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:27 am Phil's been hyping this video for so long now. I would really like it to be an updated Draw My/Our Life, but the cynic in me says it's Drawing my subscribers 2.0. I'm keeping my expectations super low for my own sake.
Honestly, I'm in the same place. But then I have to wonder, why the hype?? I can't really remember a video he's done recently with this much communication to the audience around it except maybe pinof. Maybe they've realized we're feeling more out of the loop since they stopped liveshows (rip truly) so he's making more of an effort to keep us updated and therefore it's just a coincidence... unless it really does :tinfoil: MEAN something :tinfoil:

apologies for my theatrical tinfoiling it's 2:30 AM here and I can't sleep wooooo
liola
rankussy

Why does a Draw my Life part 2 sound unlikely to me? It's the most obvious choice given that insta story but for some reason I just can't see it? I know it's silly to say that I can't see Phil being that open with us given that they both filmed coming out videos which was the last thing any of us would expect from them, but still..

Also can't help but think that installed story teaser, posted the same day Dan post a pic of the two of them for the first time in months? Makes me susbitches not gonna lie. All in all, I do hope its going to be a long video and that it's going to give us new insights on Phil's life if it's indeed a dml.

I wish he posted today but I'm assuming it'll be tomorrow sigh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm I think the whole there has to be X videos for a merch release thing is a bit ridiculous. Like the designing and releasing of merch is them making art for us. If you don't want to buy it, don't.
You wouldn't say you're not buying an artist's album cos they've not posted on Instagram or not watch a TV show because the director isn't active on twitter.
I suspect this conversation has probably moved on (I'm just now catching up on the last few days and haven't quite made it to the last page yet) but I wanted to highlight this quote because I believe it can actually make a case for the other side. Fans who are side-eyeing the sheer amount of merch we've been seeing from DnP this year aren't akin to fans of musicians who put won't buy albums because their favorite artists have dropped the ball with social media. Rather, we'd be fans of musicians who didn't want to buy band t-shirts, or buttons, or posters because the band in question hasn't put out an album or toured in 5 years. Does that make sense?

Dan and Phil are content creators who haven't done much in the realm of content creation this year. That's why people are critical of all the merch they've been dropping. And no, it hasn't been 5 years, but given the pace of YouTube content creation vs. the music industry, and DnP's history of creation up to this year, the drop off has been significant. (flood<leaky faucet) And while there's been little to no content, there has been an unprecedented amount of merch. If you subscribe to the seesaw theory of creator merch (which I do) what DnP are doing is seriously unbalanced. We're talking that kid on the other end has been catapulted off the seesaw and into the next playground it's so unbalanced. So do I think DnP are terrible people for releasing so much merch? Of course not. Do I think what their doing is wise? Also no. I think they need to do some work to restore the delicate balance in the relationship that exists between artists and their fans.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

sapienveneficus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:21 am
Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm I think the whole there has to be X videos for a merch release thing is a bit ridiculous. Like the designing and releasing of merch is them making art for us. If you don't want to buy it, don't.
You wouldn't say you're not buying an artist's album cos they've not posted on Instagram or not watch a TV show because the director isn't active on twitter.
I suspect this conversation has probably moved on (I'm just now catching up on the last few days and haven't quite made it to the last page yet) but I wanted to highlight this quote because I believe it can actually make a case for the other side. Fans who are side-eyeing the sheer amount of merch we've been seeing from DnP this year aren't akin to fans of musicians who put won't buy albums because their favorite artists have dropped the ball with social media. Rather, we'd be fans of musicians who didn't want to buy band t-shirts, or buttons, or posters because the band in question hasn't put out an album or toured in 5 years. Does that make sense?
A very valid point! :hmmm:
I'm just going to be excited about the merch. :shrug: (And keep getting over excited every time I get any sort of notification on my phone!)
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

The only thing that has me clinging to some version of Draw My Life is that his first one ended with “to be continued”. But maybe it’s a video about linguistics. Or playing tic-tac-toe or hangman with Dan. Maybe nobody picked up his script and he decided to animate it himself. Just kidding, but now I want the linguistics video.

Quick input: I think it’s the same decking and not that delayed. I’m just happy to see they actually have furniture out there and are using it.
bevioletsky
glabella

Yeah I feel suspicious of it being a Draw My Life as well. He described the video as thicc and l o n g, and that combined with him responding to a tweet saying it’s turning out to be quite long makes me think it will be at least around ~20 minutes, give or take, and I’m wondering if a DML would be that long? I don’t think most of them are; I checked and the first one was six minutes (Dan’s was over eight but that’s still well short of what I would describe as a long video on YouTube these days, even on Phil’s channel). Though I suppose if he’s saying it’s turning out to be long in the editing process specifically then that would actually support the theory. But even if he could make a long DML would he? He is so private, keep-the-details-of-my-personal-life-private-private, and while a lot has definitely happened since the first one in early 2013 (!), most of it, career-wise especially, we already know. Even if he did an updated one completely from the beginning I feel like he would have to go a bit more in-depth on something and I just have a hard time imagining it. As for mentions of Dan, I think making any outright statements as part of a narrative immediately after their coming out vids seems to me to go against what they achieved with those videos and how they handled their relationship in them.

But what do I know, nothing! Could be totally wrong! I won’t be disappointed either way, just hope that the video is good. People were saying a couple of days ago how they enjoyed the anticipation and knowledge of content coming soon, and I agreed then, but I think now I just want him to upload. The curiosity and other people’s hype are getting to me (not saying don’t be hyped, just... yeah). I’m not sure it’s completely fair to say he’s the one who’s been hyping it up though? I feel like if the video is taking longer to make than he anticipated, he’s simply trying to ~communicate~ with us because he knows we’re expecting content, hence the several updates. Or maybe the ‘thicc and l o n g’-description counts as hype, I guess that’s kind of fair. I am quite excited for a long video. I think that’s the one thing that would let me down, actually, it being a twelve-minute one. But I do trust him more than that, when was the last time he said a video was going to be long? Before the mukbang? Hm. Him not telling or properly hinting at what it is doesn’t count though, to me, I don’t think we usually know beforehand. Anyway, this ramble was brought to you by a combination of my anticipation and skepticism. Still miss liveshows, bye.
noodlebum
flower crown

Maybe it'll be a draw my life, then end with a sort of 'and this is what the future could hold' sort of run down of ideas? Hmm