Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I think this is my favorite of their posed photos from yesterday.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

susan2 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:27 am
goldenskin wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 pm They went to go see 'Everybody's Talking About Jamie' BTW!
Ahhh....I"m so glad they've been to see it - great show! I saw it once before BIG and COTY (when Bianca Del Rio was in it) and once just last week. And I wondered on that second showing if they'd seen it, as I thought Dan would love it, and there are a few things in it that made me think of their recent videos. Hope they had a great night.

...gawd, I miss liveshows sooooo much.
noodlebum wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:07 pm What/when do people think will Dan's next video will be?
I'd love to see Dan do a video about LGBTQ+ influences in music/media/culture (...and life?).

Both the importance of representation, and sharing with us more about those who were important to him growing up and those that still are (he touched on a few in BIG e.g. Tyler the Creator, Shangela). Someone mentioned Queer as Folk here recently, and I saw his buddy Owen Jones was part of a panel celebrating 20 years, which made me reflect a bit about the importance of that show to me growing up (perhaps that was more Phil's time though - Dan would've been 7 when it first aired in the UK and Phil 12). Though I don't expect we'll see a video from Dan in the super near future, I think they're both working on off-YT things (both personal and professional), both "writing".

...hopefully the merch spon wasn't all Dan filmed for VidCon Now(?) - he was wearing his black stripey top in a story at the time, so hopefully there's still another vid to come.

...or, I'd happily take an ISG "Queer Edition" right now :rainbow:
me! thanks so much for that panel! i hadn't seen it.
I do miss liveshows in moments like this because now it's a perfect time for deppy to talk about all the lgtbq+ art they've been exposed to in their lives, whether it's a tv show or music or books, i would love to know!

also :undertaledog: T_T and thE FISH. How is it that we've gotten one video from Dan, a few from Phil and no joint content but these IG stories from the last days feel like this year has given us more than last year did. Maybe because the fish and the dogs and the buying of a house imply settling down and we might not see them every Tuesday or Thursday but they're sharing their settling down with us. We're living the life :rainbowtears:

edit cause i do not know how to type or read
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
susan2
rainbow nerd

Presumably just a coincidence from last night ... but small world huh!
(Layton plays the lead in Everybody's Talking About Jamie, so sounds like Luke was at the same show as DnP)
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

If anyone's confused like me, Baby Shark is a song and the lyrics are heteronormative because they don't allow for a different family model than a mom/dad/grandma/grandpa.
Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Baby shark!
Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Mommy shark!
Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Daddy shark!
Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandma shark!
Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Grandpa shark!
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I work with preschool aged children, so this song is always stuck in my head but I can't believe that DAN HOWELL is the one that got it re-stuck. That jerk. unsubbed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I see Dan is really taking this deep dive into aquatic fatherhood seriously.
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 pm I see Dan is really taking this deep dive into aquatic fatherhood seriously.
Is this a link to something in the tank? The page can't be found for me
autumnhearth
senpai

I was just lamenting that more animals aren’t bi/pansexual after watching yet another documentary with fiercely competing males (humpback whales). Like I know natural selection and all that and that sex for many animals isn’t even pleasurable but... Yeah I’ve got no point, except that we need more lesbian sharks.

I think I only skimmed through the puppy posts yesterday, so I don’t know if anyone mentioned it, but I just love that Rachael’s brother’s tee says PREPARE TO BE AMAZED in purple and blue lettering.

Aww yay purple betta! :betta:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cafil wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 am
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 pm I see Dan is really taking this deep dive into aquatic fatherhood seriously.
If you're seeing a link in that post, can you PM me a screenshot?
jesp
why bother

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:44 am
Cafil wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:27 am
If you're seeing a link in that post, can you PM me a screenshot?
I'm really sorry this has happened - I certainly don't want IDB to be a place with invasive and unpleasant ads.

I'm not able to reproduce the issue people seem to be having so I'm not sure what is causing it.

There is an option on all phpBB based forums that inserts referral links into posts, but that has never been enabled on IDB {nor will it ever be}.

If anyone finds a link or ad on IDB I would appreciate it if you could send me a message either on the forum or on twitter {@mcthighbutt} with the following details -

- a description of where you saw the link/ad, and a screenshot if possible
- if you were signed in to IDB at the time
- the device you're using
- the browser you're using to access the forum
- if you're using any form of adblocker
- if possible, the url itself that appears in posts

Again, I'm very sorry that this has happened and we'll do our best to look in to it.
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
kavat
pastel persona

socksparadox wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:01 am
Oh that's really sweet! Her daughter has taste.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Busy Philipps' daughter is a phannie? Ugh we stan.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
dontpanic
#relatable

she was on freaks and geeks, right? Legends supporting legends
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that’s cute. Good taste and also how much reach the guys have, it’s amazing. Oh, I just spotted the new emoji! :betta: yay :)
Ablissa
pastel persona

We're watching some really fun and sweet 2012 content today!
The first show starts in an hour and 45 minutes. Then the next ones will be at 7 PM UTC and midnight UTC :)

Join us!
https://w2g.tv/4rtb5y36pb88l4oedp
noodlebum
flower crown

Need a bi-weekly/monthly podcast to hear Dan talk all things Drag Race UK (or a liveshow, i'm easy)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Ablissa wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:17 am We're watching some really fun and sweet 2012 content today!
The first show starts in an hour and 45 minutes. Then the next ones will be at 7 PM UTC and midnight UTC :)

Join us!
https://w2g.tv/4rtb5y36pb88l4oedp
Starting now! :ribena:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:46 pm :betta: vote for the next thread name here! :betta:
Don't forget to vote! :betta:
autumnhearth
senpai

socksparadox wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:01 am
“Thank you for being you so that she felt she could be herself.” :rainbowtears:

Yeah, co-signed as another parent.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

So I am interested in the demographics of DnP and how parents navigate what is appropriate and what isn't-- like, I'd say some of DnP's content is appropriate for an 11 y/o, but certainly not all. Do you think parents watch the videos first and then decide what is ok for a kid to consume? Like, most of APs stuff is kid-friendly, but even on his channel there are things that are pretty adult, and I also wonder if he is going to be moving more in that direction anyway.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Megancita75 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:57 pm So I am interested in the demographics of DnP and how parents navigate what is appropriate and what isn't-- like, I'd say some of DnP's content is appropriate for an 11 y/o, but certainly not all. Do you think parents watch the videos first and then decide what is ok for a kid to consume? Like, most of APs stuff is kid-friendly, but even on his channel there are things that are pretty adult, and I also wonder if he is going to be moving more in that direction anyway.
I'm a parent, but I can only answer what I do with my kids.

I watch the videos without the kids first then decide if it's okay for them to watch. For example, I didn't let my kids (9 and 6) watch BIG because of the suicide reference. Same with Daniel and Depression. But I did let the kids watch Phil's coming out video. Curse words and innuendo won't make a video be an automatic NO but themes will. The kids can watch D&P play FNAF but not markiplier or Game Theory because they get too deep in the lore and that is not kid friendly. It always depends on the kid though. Some kids can handle it, some cant.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie