Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I just want some communication.

Otherwise i'm gonna go to london and explain to Phil Lester that monday is not the "weekend"
:gayaf:
Mia
spork
Pronouns: she/her

I think I remember getting new video from Phil notifications after 10pm in the past but I could be remembering wrong...I don't want to boost hopes but just a thought.

Dan's content has been super lovely :rainbowtears:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Yeah, can Phil say something? If he doesn't want to deal with the reactions on twitter, he can make a story on ig or something because this is the kind of behaviour i'd expect from Dan, not from him.

Dan's pic is so precious, tho. I love that he feels comfortable enough to post things about his family now. :love2:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan looks cute as a button and that shirt, good to see it again. His grandma’s waited a few months for the iPad.

Love everyone asking him if he wiped his browser history first, like you don’t have to reset it entirely to remove your account (or at least log out) or it remains forever locked. Had 2 iPhones sitting around like useless expensive bricks where I worked last cos twonks hadn’t done that.

Also, Phil, speak to us. I feel like we’ve run out of steam for saying “basic communication please”, they’re clearly not hearing it.
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

Last time one of them committed to an upload date and failed we got the absolute joy of a video that is Dan Gets His Legs Waxed... I say bring back Louise and her pot of wax!
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh boy, Louise and her pot of leg wax would be hilarious. I loved that video. Phil, hop to it or get those legs out ;)
Phantasy
woodland creature

I love how Dan is literally “that one cousin” at the big family event... no one stereotype, but I think every family has a “that one cousin” maybe it’s a goth, or a reformed emo, the gay cousin, or the artsy soul, but generally the one that will pick a fight about politics with the overly conservative uncle that everyone says you should not engage with.
Dan rocking a black Alexander McQueen skull print shirt at granddads 80th is that cousin.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think today is a perfect example of why people say they want Dan and Phil to communicate more, and why Dan and Phil usually don't. Because everyone was definitely spamming Phil asking when this video would be posted - people keep saying it was Phil hyping it but the last couple times he was directly responding to people asking when it would be posted.

But clearly he didn't have a good grasp on how long it would take to get ready. So he communicated something before he was sure he'd be able to fulfill it, and now it's looking increasingly like he won't fulfill it. I don't blame him for being reluctant to respond again knowing how mad and frustrated people are. But it's one of those situations where... I wish he had just beyonce'd it to begin with instead of trying to appease people by attempting to say exactly when it'd be coming.

Basically, yeah, I'd like better communication, but also them knowing that they're unreliable is probably why they prefer not to communicate some things to begin with.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

YouTube is trolling me, several times today when I've refreshed my feed Phil's original Draw my life has popped up.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Phanshy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:26 pm YouTube is trolling me, several times today when I've refreshed my feed Phil's original Draw my life has popped up.
same here! That's weird :? it's been popping up in my recommended videos for a couple of days now. :tinfoil:

anyway, I'm mildly annoyed at Phil but mostly annoyed at myself for getting my hopes up in the first place. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:21 pm I think today is a perfect example of why people say they want Dan and Phil to communicate more, and why Dan and Phil usually don't. Because everyone was definitely spamming Phil asking when this video would be posted - people keep saying it was Phil hyping it but the last couple times he was directly responding to people asking when it would be posted.

But clearly he didn't have a good grasp on how long it would take to get ready. So he communicated something before he was sure he'd be able to fulfill it, and now it's looking increasingly like he won't fulfill it. I don't blame him for being reluctant to respond again knowing how mad and frustrated people are. But it's one of those situations where... I wish he had just beyonce'd it to begin with instead of trying to appease people by attempting to say exactly when it'd be coming.

Basically, yeah, I'd like better communication, but also them knowing that they're unreliable is probably why they prefer not to communicate some things to begin with.
I see the point you're trying to make but this is absolutely 100% his fault. The two times he said "next week" he specifically chose to respond to tweets and say that. He could've just said "I'm going to work on it". He chose to upload the instagram story saying "this weekend" no one forced him, and it seems obvious that he would give a date only if the video was already finished. This is 100% his fault if he doesn't upload and people can be upset because if he knew he wouldn't be able to post, he could've tweeted something even along the lines of "sorry, having some difficulties, will upload as soon as possible!"

The point isn't what he says but the general attitude of ignoring people and their questions and just disappearing :/
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Best guess is the upload is taking longer or has gone wrong, cos him getting the timescale wrong last week is one thing, but when he said “this weekend” I thought he must know it’s ready to go like any other time he used to tell us which day he’d upload. I always thought he was done with the edit and decided on a day to upload. He said at least once in the past that it was taking longer than usual to upload, in these ways he has been pretty good at telling us what’s happening. He also used to tell us a while before that it was uploading now, though he wouldn’t have a definite time for how long that would take. This telling us, but getting it wrong did happen with the new filming space video too, but these are the only two I can think of.

I didn’t think he was hyping it particularly, he told us it was coming and teased the whiteboard shot, we tend to carry ourselves away with the rest. But yeah, as above, the leaving us to it while we wonder and he, knowing everything, stays silent, is really not a good look.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:33 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:21 pm I think today is a perfect example of why people say they want Dan and Phil to communicate more, and why Dan and Phil usually don't. Because everyone was definitely spamming Phil asking when this video would be posted - people keep saying it was Phil hyping it but the last couple times he was directly responding to people asking when it would be posted.

I see the point you're trying to make but this is absolutely 100% his fault. The two times he said "next week" he specifically chose to respond to tweets and say that. He could've just said "I'm going to work on it". He chose to upload the instagram story saying "this weekend" no one forced him, and it seems obvious that he would give a date only if the video was already finished. This is 100% his fault if he doesn't upload and people can be upset because if he knew he wouldn't be able to post, he could've tweeted something even along the lines of "sorry, having some difficulties, will upload as soon as possible!"

The point isn't what he says but the general attitude of ignoring people and their questions and just disappearing :/
I definitely didn't say that people can't be upset! I also never said that it isn't Phil's fault. My point was just they're shit at communicating, and trying to communicate isn't making them any less shit at it. So if the options are 'Phil offers information, but the information is wrong' or 'Phil offers no information' then I'd rather go the route of knowing nothing and the video drops when it's ready.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:38 pm
liola wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:33 pm

I definitely didn't say that people can't be upset! I also never said that it isn't Phil's fault. My point was just they're shit at communicating, and trying to communicate isn't making them any less shit at it. So if the options are 'Phil offers information, but the information is wrong' or 'Phil offers no information' then I'd rather go the vid drops out of nowhere when it's ready route.
Ah okay sorry, I think I read your post too quickly! When it comes to posting videos yes I definitely agree that they should just beyonce it, I was already perplexed as to why he was giving out posting dates but this is just frustrating that after so many years they're still so shit at it :roll:

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

i said it once, but i'll say it again that i'm just impressed at our collective ability to forget that the last video from the two of them ... was phil's.

if anything, i'm upset with dan for leaving phil with the weight of having to post regularly again.

where's my #BIGPartDeux? video about therapy? video about the failed marathon? video about... literally anything? or are we just gonna expect a 1 vid a year schedule?

^ all of that turned out significantly more annoyed-sounding than i actually am. i know what we've come to expect of dan. and also like... i'm not actually that mad about phil if he's struggling to post. i'm sure there are reasons. it sucks, but.... meh. it'll come when it comes and then we'll all be twiddling our thumbs and waiting for more content again. at least - as it stands - we have something definitive to look forward to.
bevioletsky
glabella

I’m 28 seconds in and he’s promising to “hit me with all the behind-the-scenes juice” and I would like to say that I have never been happier to be wrong. Hope for some good tea ☕️
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

OMG IT IS A DRAW MY LIFE 2

never doubt yourselves again IdB

Edit.. ey he looks cuteee in that thumbnail :loveeyes:
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well, that video was a lot.

I'm mostly just emotional for Phil right now. He didn't say anything about the future and joint content that we didn't already know, but the reference to needing to be out for things in his future (forever home, I'm guessing) was nice. And I'm glad for the reassurance that they're still considering the future of the gaming-not-gaming channel and that he and Dan are gonna do joint content.
PolarFox
truth bomb

that hit... all kinds of different
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

well... that video sorta just left me wanting to give phil a big, long, clingy hug that says both "thank you" and "i love and support you unconditionally."
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

WOW WOW WOW
i love him. that’s all.
i think the phandom graduated from clown school finally :happytears:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

he surprised me by finally uploading but oh i loved it. it really was a draw our life without the label. i was surpised to see he actually let us in on some things we didnt know already. i'm glad his dad is doing well.

bittersweet about dapg, though. now i'm less sure we'll ever get devan wedding. surprised that they actually still don't know what they're doing with the channel.

overall a good video though and definitely worth the wait for me.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sugar wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 pm he surprised me by finally uploading but oh i loved it. it really was a draw our life without the label. i was surpised to see he actually let us in on some things we didnt know already. i'm glad his dad is doing well.
fuck me, you're so right.
taco baco
dank meme

Phil saying he only had 4 friends in London and no real hobbies really broke my heart. Surprisingly emotional video.
oi he's mine
liola
rankussy

The bit about his dad was heartbreaking and it just hit me so hard since I went through something similar with my mom. Those boys really had some pretty heavy cards to deal with early on in their careers and it's really incredible that they managed to stay positive and focused and hard working and still always always supporting each other. That takes a lot.

Also the last 5 minutes.. the way he talked about needing a house and a dog, if that isn't to prepare us for their upcoming move then I don't know what it is :happytears: God I'm just soft for them