Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I love Phil's mind, using that Vidcon Now video as content for himself.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Dan has been found
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Is it just me or does that seem like a not very Dan tweet? I can't specifically put my finger on the vibe that I'm getting from it but just... I dunno. I wonder if something happened and someone crossed a line in-game?
AltMay
glabella

Also Phil replied this:
(idk how to link it properly)
Wonder what could it be that it takes longer? Something he needed to purchase perhaps?

Re: Dan's tweet. Dizzy, i was wondering the same thing :/
Last edited by alittledizzy on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Good to know about an ap video!

And yeah idk I feel like usually if that were to happen Dan wouldn't tweet about it? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but it's not like we actually got to see what went down...though I imagine it's an unwritten rule of how to act when you find Dan (or Phil) in some kind of MMO. Especially as this heavily implied guild wars so. Hmm.

Oh and Phil just posted a story. They're so active today...how curious.

(Side note: speaking of stories I highly recommend watching Martyn and Cornelia's that are up right now because they're awfully cute!!)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I notice that Tomska just posted a few insta stories for battersea with a bunch of rescue dogs. Maybe they reached out to a bunch of youtubers for promo for this event and that’s why the new follows lately. Can you imagine the content if DNP went?????

Still crossing my fingers, but after the cereal post and the gaming post I don’t hold out much hope...
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil’s story is the tightest angled one yet. I noticed the white counters in the background - do they have those in the living flats kitchen?
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

I've seen a few people on here refer to "the living flat" and "the filming flat" ... Is there a masterpost anywhere summarising this theory with pics/vids? Why have people decided there's two different apartments...surely there's bits of the "filming flat" we haven't seen and they've kept just for them? I seem to recall in a liveshow just after moving they mentioned they planned to keep filming in a certain bit of the apartment?
Not trying to come across as skeptical, just trying to keep up with the theories !
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
noodlebum
flower crown

Echoing what someone else mentioned, Baby-Phil's 'oh dear' is said by me an awful lot, in his accent especially :lol: and 'light!'
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 pm Phil’s story is the tightest angled one yet. I noticed the white counters in the background - do they have those in the living flats kitchen?
Quoting myself because I’m trying to be Nancy drew and it’s not working out too well. It looks like their actual flat so no mystery there (other than why it’s so tightly framed) so nevermind
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Re: the tone of Dan's tweet. (1) That sounds annoying and intrusive and (2) I wonder if DnP are feeling a sort of post-coming out/post-trip comedown. Like, I know when I have big thing after big thing at some point I crash and feel blue when I return to the grind of my regular life.
moon-boye
smol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:15 pm Is it just me or does that seem like a not very Dan tweet? I can't specifically put my finger on the vibe that I'm getting from it but just... I dunno. I wonder if something happened and someone crossed a line in-game?
i feel this too, the tone of it just makes me all squirmy and i can't figure out why. maybe it's just secondhand "oh my god i would never do that" djgdgjdskhjgs. but so many of dan's tweets are too deep in the is-he-joking-or-being-serious realm for me. :shrug:
:rainbow: :cactus:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm probably overthinking this, but I wonder if this really happened now/recently? Because I can't imagine Dan would admit to the person that found him that he's Dan. I'd think he would pretend it's not him. But then this tweet would confirm it for them anyway, risking that his name will be found out by more people?

I'm probably reading too much into this, or maybe it's wishful thinking because I don't want Dan to feel trapped by his audience.
GalaxyDarling
Pronouns: he/him

What game was Dan playing anyway? GuildWars 2? Has he mentioned his screen name/username of it anywhere? That's the only way someone could recognize him there. Unless they are playing with a headset and you can hear his voice? Maybe he was just offended by someone calling him as DINOF rather than Dan.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

He has mentioned that he wears a headset and has led raids in Guildwars 2. So I’m guessing they recognized his voice.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
GalaxyDarling

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:19 am He has mentioned that he wears a headset and has led raids in Guildwars 2. So I’m guessing they recognized his voice.
So that must be it!

I don't think it's anything dramatic though. He just took another awkward moment from his life to a danecdote for comedy. He jokes so much it's hard to tell when he's serious about anything.
knq
lava lamp

I think he shared his GW2 character’s name when he did an interview on their YouTube channel.

I didn’t pick up a particularly negative tone—or at least not more than is usual for Dan’s humor—from today’s tweets. I took it as a joke about his username first. It sounds quite funny to be at the top of a mountain in a fantasy game and then be jarred into reality by someone riding a dragon. I can see why he’d tweet about it.

I also suspect his username is recognizable as his, as however headsets in GW2 work I don’t imagine Dan would be talking in game at the top of a cliff, and a stranger would be able to hear (and recognize) his voice from some dragon-y distance.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ah, I’d forgotten he’d ever said his character name. Only his own Guild would hear his voice, chat’s used in a separate programme like Discord rather than the game. Also, raids (and others like dungeons) are a separate thing from the open game world and I’m pretty sure dragons or other mounts aren’t usable in areas like that. In the open world there’s plenty of places he could be, high up as he mentioned, but all reachable by a mount like a dragon. Good point that it might well not have just happened.
GalaxyDarling

I was wondering that what does Dan do with all of his spare time these days. He tweets and leaves, scrolls IG for a bit, but then what? He's rarely on Tumblr. Maybe he plays games more these days.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So Phil just gave an update on the cereal. Though if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that's just a screenshot of the video from earlier with a filter. I'm suspicious. Though, tbh, it doesn't really matter, he could actually be eating cereal at 2 am, but I'm the embodiment of the eyes emoji rn.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:59 am So Phil just gave an update on the cereal. Though if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that's just a screenshot of the video from earlier with a filter. I'm suspicious. Though, tbh, it doesn't really matter, he could actually be eating cereal at 2 am, but I'm the embodiment of the eyes emoji rn.
It does look like a screenshot - first thing I noticed. It’s interesting that they are so active all of a sudden but they haven’t given us any actual irl updates so I’m still suspicious.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

sus bitches.

But also we're so blessed that Phil is protecting us from spending money on deceitful products. He does that for us. And at 2am as well! What a selfless king, losing sleep over this.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
adorally
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hello all! Wow, getting to post is so exciting. :woohoo:

I had a quick question. Do any of y'all have the link for the video where Dan talks about meeting a fan's mom? The mom is crying or something because Dan and Phil really cheered her daughter up through tough times. I may have messed up a few points but lmk if it rings a bell!

In other news, I personally have been watching the DITL Christmas video nonstop- any other Christmas in July folks around?
Last edited by adorally on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:straggy: :betta: :maskup:
philliebillie
dank meme

If he isn't eating cereal at two in the morning for another sleepless night with Phil then what's the point lol.
-you can go swimming in those eyes-