Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

Yoga saga continues
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask. Was the whole "Try New Things" merch tied in to a Phil video series? If so, I've looked for it and I can't find it. Or was it more just something they talked about that turned into merch?

Edit: only started to watch their videos a few months ago, so still filling in gaps in knowledge
autumnhearth
senpai

Megancita75 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:54 pm Here's a question I've been meaning to ask. Was the whole "Try New Things" merch tied in to a Phil video series? If so, I've looked for it and I can't find it. Or was it more just something they talked about that turned into merch?

Edit: only started to watch their videos a few months ago, so still filling in gaps in knowledge
Kinda, more of a reoccurring phrase in some of his side channel vids, but we would love an actual video series.

kavat
pastel persona

Oh I love an excuse to watch any Lessamazingphil videos. A couple more in the Try new things-series:

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:31 pm
Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 pm
lilabet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm Honestly the lack of their own charity projects was part of what prompted the discussion that lead to phandomgives. There's a big difference on donations when they retweet the drives or don't so if they did a standard liveshow with donations they'd make a lot.

I'm planning to set up the next lot of phandomgives drives in the next few weeks. In light of everything that's happened since the last one (wow time flies) what's everyone's opinion on charity changes? Should they change and if so what to? Currently I'm of the mind that if they did maybe a cancer charity for Phil and a queer one that Dan's recently supported for dan but maybe we shouldn't change them? I need opinions :shrug:
I think change Phil’s keep Dan’s.
I think its good to vary up the charities? We’ve done a lot of good for YoungMinds (and Make a Wish), now may be a good time to support and promote other organizations Dan has worked with (Stonewall UK, Mermaids). I think a cancer charity for Phil could be really thoughtful, we just have to do the right research to find one he would support? First one that comes to mind is Stand Up to Cancer.
I agree with this. I think variety is good and I also think that a change would be refreshing for the project (not that it's gotten old in any way!! I definitely don't mean it like that).
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Oh. Those are fun videos. Thanks. The shocking pen video is hilarious — it’s so interesting to me that Phil can go on world tours and get up on stage and do terrifying things but psych himself out about touching a pen that will slightly shock him.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:31 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:31 pm
Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 pm
lilabet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 pm Honestly the lack of their own charity projects was part of what prompted the discussion that lead to phandomgives. There's a big difference on donations when they retweet the drives or don't so if they did a standard liveshow with donations they'd make a lot.

I'm planning to set up the next lot of phandomgives drives in the next few weeks. In light of everything that's happened since the last one (wow time flies) what's everyone's opinion on charity changes? Should they change and if so what to? Currently I'm of the mind that if they did maybe a cancer charity for Phil and a queer one that Dan's recently supported for dan but maybe we shouldn't change them? I need opinions :shrug:
I think change Phil’s keep Dan’s.
I think its good to vary up the charities? We’ve done a lot of good for YoungMinds (and Make a Wish), now may be a good time to support and promote other organizations Dan has worked with (Stonewall UK, Mermaids). I think a cancer charity for Phil could be really thoughtful, we just have to do the right research to find one he would support? First one that comes to mind is Stand Up to Cancer.
I agree with this. I think variety is good and I also think that a change would be refreshing for the project (not that it's gotten old in any way!! I definitely don't mean it like that).
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll do some research when I'm back from holiday and let you know the options.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I haven’t really been paying attention to see if anyone has uploaded the plays or if there are links floating around but wanted to put this here just in case
liola
rankussy

Dan's video on the Vidcon Now channel is up! He's v cute :happytears:

Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

Oh he's adorable. Giggling at his own jokes, rolling on the table from cringe and being actually proud of some of the early things he's posted :happytears:
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

That Vidcon Now video was incredible. I'm so glad they made him do that lmao. Ah, Daniel.
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
SpikyLeaf
phillion/danosaur <//3

the vidcon video was so good! i laughed all the way through it, especially when he almost yeeted the laptop when watching hello internet omg that was gold. i love him so much
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that was cute. I love how he said so many of the same things. I loved how not to stay cool, it used to be the one I rewatched the most, funny to see it there. Weird to think most of those are over 5 years old already. I remember thinking nothing of him playing with a slinky and the multicoloured lights in Hello Internet cos Jacksgap had done something similar, it was just what youtubers did.
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

liola wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:32 pm Dan's video on the Vidcon Now channel is up! He's v cute :happytears:

What was the video in the toilets of the office? I'm not sure over ever seen that one?
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
kavat
pastel persona

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:21 pm
liola wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:32 pm Dan's video on the Vidcon Now channel is up! He's v cute :happytears:

What was the video in the toilets of the office? I'm not sure over ever seen that one?
Here ya go!
deiligbaby
smol bean

can't believe dan filmed phil spitting into a sink and washing out his mouth and we just let him
i just like dnp ok
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh my heart. The Vidcon Now video is so wholesome :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
noodlebum
flower crown

Norman everyone! :betta:
I wonder if they chose a fairly boring name like Norman, to make other Normans feel like they too can be glorious 8-)
Last edited by noodlebum on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

AHHHHH omg they're officially fish daddies now :betta:

That fish is like an exact combination of their aesthetics. The black and the blue. It was meant to be. :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
firsttimeposter
living flop

noodlebum wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:31 pm Norman everyone! :betta:
I wonder if they chose a fairly boring name like Norman, to make other Normans feel like they too can be glorious 8-)
Oh he is beautiful! I love that name (unpopular opinion?). I’ve been so out of the loop for the simons and what not in these past couple of years cause I was never thaaat interested in dust turning into fishes, but!! Norman is a real ass pet and I’m so excited. Maaan they're probably just gonna be sitting there for hours watching him boringly swim around, I hope they’re very happy.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I had a dream they'd call the fish Norman because it's my last name.💙 :betta:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Norman is really stunning, and I'm glad they really get to be fish daddies now!!!

And no, I'm not getting emotional about them adopting a fish, wydm :happytears:
kavat
pastel persona

Welcome Norman! :betta: I can't believe they managed to find the most deppy fish ever. It's literally shimmering in blue and green with a black and white fin. Gorgeous!
autumnhearth
senpai

Ahh teal with a bit of bronze, gorgeous! :betta:

Dan’s 10 year reaction vid flowed better than Phil’s, he was just really comfortable despite the “cringe”. I’m here for him standing by his content.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

fish dADDIES im cRYING. <3 :betta: