Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

i had a heart attack when i read the first half of dan's tweet. then i read the second half and went back to listen to lana del rey's new album. #spon
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

For like a whole second I thought Mr. Howell had uploaded a new video. I really should know better :facepalm2:

also i'm gonna stay watching the idb version because some of the audience reactions and commentary makes me lol.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Do we think they’re back already or is Dan just taking some time to spon his speech?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Amiaw wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:14 pm Do we think they’re back already or is Dan just taking some time to spon his speech?
I don’t think they're back. It’s probably something to try and give a bit of distraction while they are way and probably won’t be tweeting or posting anything. Tbh I’m not gonna rewatch, I’ve already seen it but there are probably some people who don’t go searching for recordings of the night so this is probably for them.
starwatersong
phabergé

Cute!
knq
lava lamp

Secretstanner wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:20 pm
Amiaw wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:14 pm Do we think they’re back already or is Dan just taking some time to spon his speech?
I don’t think they're back. It’s probably something to try and give a bit of distraction while they are way and probably won’t be tweeting or posting anything. Tbh I’m not gonna rewatch, I’ve already seen it but there are probably some people who don’t go searching for recordings of the night so this is probably for them.
I think their branding at this point is pretty much 'probably won't be tweeting or posting anything/busy being happy' :lol: I'm not mad. They're good at being happy. A+ from me. But I will be grading them down if Norman dies because they adopted him and then bailed.

I listened to the 'exploring dan's oral fixation or not' liveshow this week, as I think I've only seen/heard it the once. (Wow Dan was not having a nice day) A bit near the beginning ties in really well with Phil's last video when he talks about working less and wanting more hobbies and friends:

5:45 "Dan: A video that was about trying to be true to yourself, and that's what will make you feel happy, and how it's not all about your career and trying to, you know, grow up to be a Formula One racing driver unicorn fireman vegan gymnast but... that day to day your life should be enjoyable. Which is something that I feel like I need to work on. I need hobbies and friends and stuff. You need to live life by your own values, you know what I mean, otherwise you'll never feel content with things."

And like of course we know Dan and Phil discuss their business decisions together, including working less, but I find it very sweet when you can tell it's something they talk about frequently and have developed as a goal together and now they're working towards that goal together and :rainbowtears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:betta: I just wanna show off the pretty new Norman emoji that rizzo customized for us :betta:
starwatersong
phabergé

:betta: :betta: :betta:

Love it! Thank you!!!
kavat
pastel persona

I feel like we're still in a weird transition period regarding content.

We don't really know when Phil is going to post next and what that would be like. It's been two weeks since DML2, which dropped six weeks after COTY. He was on a pretty regular schedule earlier this year but we don't know if that's something to expect again.

With Dan we definitely have no idea, he could go back to posting every other month or so or he could do two videos a year. Honestly, if he posts another video this year I'll be happy.

And DAPG? They've left any possibility open there, it could become a collab channel or it might already be dead. We have no real certainty at this point.

I feel like youtube videos aren't their main focus anymore, since they've been talking about writing other things, but I just like knowing what to expect, yknow. Right now the next video could drop tomorrow or next month or next year.

This has been a pointless ramble, here are some pretty fish :betta: :betta2: :betta:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Yeah, I feel like we're in this limbo when there's no way of knowing what to expect. Actually, I'm wondering if that's how it's gonna be from on, you know? We were used to have regular content from them, we knew what to expect and when. Now we don't anymore, hell.. maybe THEY don't either, i don't know. I guess it rather depends on whether they have plans or if they're just going with the flow.
I miss them, though.
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm excited for the next video to be all things NORMAN, and for Dan to feature, seeing as they both helped create his tank and are adoptive fish dads (even if Phil kind of made the decision to become dads without Dan's input) :deppy: :love2: :betta:
stufflizloves
living flop

“wrestling” lmao, phil.

where is this? it’s so gorgeous. i love that he shared, tbh.

edit: duh, he tagged it. looks like fountain abbey is north of leeds, west of york. hm...theories?
noodlebum
flower crown

Ooh, UK road trip! Wow it looks beautiful there.

I wish I wandered up north more often. So many lovely National Trust properties, parks, scenery etc. I'm from right down south by the coast, and can never bring myself to travel any more than 4 hours, like Derby... I got an annual National Trust pass recently so might have to force myself to go further afield :P
(Must seem very lazy to you US lot, who I expect are used to travelling a lot further to get to different states etc. :D )
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So in the last few days they brought home their fish, took a trip up north, and dan decided to start using his tumblr queue again....
i look like a pencil
tol bean

dan back at it again randomly shitposting on tumblr...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

While I am enjoying Dan's shitposting queue, special love for Phil just sharing some tidbits of their day.

Doesn't Aunt Roz live near there? Wonder if they went to visit family.
knq
lava lamp

Amiaw wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:50 pm So in the last few days they brought home their fish, took a trip up north, and dan decided to start using his tumblr queue again....
I'm not sure how tumblr works, but I think it might not be a queue? Or not a very planned one. All the posts he reblogged from were made within the last few days/hours.

I'm genuinely anxious that they adopted a fish, built a new tank, started a nitrogen cycle, and then left. They must have someone feeding the fish and checking the water quality while they're away. Right? ... Right?
Sami
squish

So I just noticed that Dan started following a company called 'Gentle Monster' on Instagram who make the strangest looking sunglasses. I love Dan dearly but he does sometimes make interesting fashion choices :lol:
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm
i actually visited fountains abbey earlier this summer, it's a really lovely national trust place in north yorkshire. it's the ruins of a medieval cistercian monastery which was pretty rich and successful until the dissolution of the monasteries under henry viii. there's also an 18th century water garden a short walk down the valley, which has all the homoerotic ancient greek-esque statues. that ""wrestling"" comment made me laugh especially since that was pretty much what i thought when i was there looking at the statues.

it's actually kind of strange to see places i recognise from real life on phil's instastory as i don't live near dnp or their relatives - but in this case i have a photo in my camera roll that looks almost identical to the one phil took looking down over the river! i am too excited over this imma shut up now anyway, glad we get to see some of what they're up to on their northern getaway!
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’m not too versed on tumblr queues either but he was online at least once this morning because he liked a post but he’s only been reblogging from the same 2-3 tumblr accounts so it could be or he could just be really bored and avoiding other social media
sonicgreen
woodland creature

He set the tumblr queue probably yesterday/today and its scheduled for every 20 minutes. I find that a strange utilization of the queue but what do I know?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Yeah Dan tends to queue a bunch of stuff that gets posted basically all at once and then calls it a day. I don't understand his method and at this point I am too afraid to ask.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I’m here exclusively to comment on Dan in a cropped sweatshirt.

Because.... yes.

He released new merch. That’s the news here. But....... Dan in a cropped sweatshirt.
noodlebum
flower crown

I need the backpack in my life
https://shop.danielhowell.com/collections/ugh

Also in addition to above (it's not my style, but ooh belly)
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

He’s rocking the crop top! Also I died at the “wrestling” insta story lmao