Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Going back a few posts, I wouldn’t call Dan skinny. Every time I see his forearms, same with Boro Drawing cos they’re about the same height and size, I’m reminded of a story I read years ago about a girl seeing a branch swing across her eyeline before realising it was her to-be-bethrothed who was just that handsome and broad of arm. So there’s my thirst post early today ;)

Oh good, top of page. Have some pretty fish, I love these :betta2: :betta:
noodlebum
flower crown

Speaking of thirst, Dan's over on Miss Benny's Instagram thirsting :lol:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

There was a contestant on the last (? possibly the series before) series of Bake Off called Dan whose husband is called Phil :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
kavat
pastel persona

noodlebum wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 am Speaking of thirst, Dan's over on Miss Benny's Instagram thirsting :lol:
x

I hate him sometimes.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Dan's comment on Benny's pic is what I'd say on any Phil's pic if I had no shame.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

:roll: I’m really not here for all the drama on tumblr about it (and from what I understand in Twitter it was even worse there, but I only follow a handful of phandom people there so I don’t know, the #danandphildivorceparty tag going around was probably sarcastic but geez). I deliberately unfollowed/muted all the accounts that track their Twitter/insta likes and comments because there’s *always* drama but somehow I end up seeing it all anyway lol.

I hope they breathe again today so everyone starts talking about something else. I reckon we’re
due a member’s post from Phil soon, it’s been over 3 weeks. And I’d love a Norman update :love2: :betta:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
noodlebum
flower crown

Ah man, danandphildivorceparty really? People don't need to be all dramatic about these things! (And that's coming from me who freaked out at the cute mutuals comment in big)
kavat
pastel persona

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:29 am :roll: I’m really not here for all the drama on tumblr about it (and from what I understand in Twitter it was even worse there, but I only follow a handful of phandom people there so I don’t know, the #danandphildivorceparty tag going around was probably sarcastic but geez). I deliberately unfollowed/muted all the accounts that track their Twitter/insta likes and comments because there’s *always* drama but somehow I end up seeing it all anyway lol.
Jeez, are people really taking it seriously? I hope not. I would hate for them to not be able to like or comment on friends pictures because people are insecure about what it might imply.

For me it's a little weird because Ben is still KidPOV in my brain and anyone, not Dan specifically, commenting in a sexual way just feels wrong. But that's just me being old and I have to come to terms with that he's in his 20's now and not a literal child.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

there were some people taking it seriously but I think people have hopefully calmed down about it now. Ben also followed phil on Instagram last night so its pretty obvious he’s just a nice guy that likes to interact with his friends online.

Anyways, crossing my fingers we get some kind of Norman content or a phil sighting today

ok scratch that - i guess Ben followed and then unfollowed Phil last night so nevermind but I still stand by what I said
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I know nothing about Twitter, but if Dan were to pin some general Twitter etiquette rules to the top of his page would that school some people or is that like a hopeless task? It seems insane to me that people behave the way they do, though it sounds like this happens to all celebs anyway.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

The drama was extremely over the top and unsettling on Twitter I had to come off the app a few times because it was just all over my timeline. I can deal with jokes a few people were joking but when you comment under bennys post about it that’s too far.
Amiaw wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:28 am ok scratch that - i guess Ben followed and then unfollowed Phil last night so nevermind but I still stand by what I said
what really? That’s so weird. Did anyone actually see Ben started following him
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I follow them both and I saw him follow last night but even though he unfollowed on insta he’s followed on twitter for a long time so I don’t know what that whole thing was about but i don’t think it means anything
Phantasy
woodland creature

The Miss Benny “drama” is hilarious to me... sure there’s some mutual flirtation, but if you follow Miss Benny, his comments and interaction with Dan are along the same lines as his interactions with guys like Tyler Oakley, Connor Franta, Troye, Jordan Doww, etc...

I bet in some alternate universe daydreaming that Dan has imagined what things would be like if he had embraced and nurtured his queerness early on and Miss Benny is probably the living approximation of that... they certainly have similar tastes in pop/queer culture, music, and humor. Thirst away, Dan!
stufflizloves
living flop

Phantasy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:17 pm The Miss Benny “drama” is hilarious to me... sure there’s some mutual flirtation, but if you follow Miss Benny, his comments and interaction with Dan are along the same lines as his interactions with guys like Tyler Oakley, Connor Franta, Troye, Jordan Doww, etc...

I bet in some alternate universe daydreaming that Dan has imagined what things would be like if he had embraced and nurtured his queerness early on and Miss Benny is probably the living approximation of that... they certainly have similar tastes in pop/queer culture, music, and humor. Thirst away, Dan!
i agree with all of this—it’s such needlessly silly drama.

also, i for one am excited to see Dan feeling safe and open to queer interactions (perhaps this is projecting a bit, but i don’t get the impression that he has felt safe to do this so openly before more recent years.) it makes me happy to see him support other out youtubers/public figures. it’s the welcome and support he expressed anxiety about prior to BIG.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Yay dan posting puppers pictures on his insta story. Do we know whose pupper that is? Update: apparently it is Ian's pupper so...delayed story.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

It looks like Ian’s place and dog
susan2
rainbow nerd

I wonder if they've heard Back to the Future: The Musical is coming to Manchester in 2020! :sparkle:
Time to book another trip?!
noodlebum
flower crown

Love a lab :love2: :dog:
kavat
pastel persona

I'm very happy with the amount of dnp+dog photos weve gotten in the last month. With the dinner stealing poodle, the Battersea puppies and this? I'm very happy. Please keep it up, boys :dog:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I love that photo so much, it aches knowing there's one of Phil out there and we're not getting it.

Honestly, can they just get a dog so this content is more consistent?
knq
lava lamp

his beautiful floofy head :happytears:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The pic of Dan with the dog is so pure :happytears:

I kinda miss Norman though.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Nahcba
smol bean

Who is Ian again?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Nahcba wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:43 pm Who is Ian again?
Ian is Phil's best friend from his youth! There's some more info on him here.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:32 pm
Nahcba wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:43 pm Who is Ian again?
Ian is Phil's best friend from his youth! There's some more info on him here.
I'm pretty sure it was Ian that "stole" Phil's first girlfriend, the one he had for a week and then she forgot they were dating and kissed someone else... Phil caring so little that he became besties with Ian after that is just perfect and so Phil.

Also, Ian indirectly gave us this beautiful bit of territorial Dan: