Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, Colin is such a cutie, those big pretty brown eyes. I don’t suppose we’d ever see a Howell brothers photo, that would be cute. I wonder what Dan’s like as a big bro, hopefully nice.
Phantasy
woodland creature

flarequake wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 pm Oh, Colin is such a cutie, those big pretty brown eyes. I don’t suppose we’d ever see a Howell brothers photo, that would be cute. I wonder what Dan’s like as a big bro, hopefully nice.
If I had to guess, I’d say “distant”. I’d like to think that some of Dan’s interest in Veganisim (or even fitness) is inspired in part by Adrian, but who knows...but, maybe now that Adrian is an adult they are finding things more in common and are closer as a result.

(Though I also imagine a lot of time is just spent awkwardly in silence or making idle chitchat staring at the dog waiting for him to do something interesting to break the tension.)
Snowboy
smol bean
Pronouns: he/his

Phantasy wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:28 pm
flarequake wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 pm Oh, Colin is such a cutie, those big pretty brown eyes. I don’t suppose we’d ever see a Howell brothers photo, that would be cute. I wonder what Dan’s like as a big bro, hopefully nice.
If I had to guess, I’d say “distant”. I’d like to think that some of Dan’s interest in Veganisim (or even fitness) is inspired in part by Adrian, but who knows...but, maybe now that Adrian is an adult they are finding things more in common and are closer as a result.

(Though I also imagine a lot of time is just spent awkwardly in silence or making idle chitchat staring at the dog waiting for him to do something interesting to break the tension.)
Yeah, what's up with that? I've heard rumours of them not being super close as kids, including someone who claimed Adrian once wrote (and then deleted) a Tumblr post about how Dan actually picked on him quite a bit. If anybody has any backstory about Dan and Adrian's relationship, I'd like to hear it.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Seven years is a big age difference for siblings and that time difference also could mean they had different parenting experiences. I was only 3 years apart from my brother and we had no interest In each other growing up. Pure conjecture on my part.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Nice to see Dan having a good time in France (so far...most family vacations are disasters imo lol). He looks so happy, it's really nice. And tbh I'm always up for Colin content so Dan...pls...
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Could he look much happier about all that ice cream ;) also hella pretty, as is the scenery.

I read that on tumblr too, but that’s all. I imagine they get on better now.
deiligbaby
smol bean

i think it was probably a combination of dan's own problems as a teenager and his need to leave his home and that life as soon as possible and the fact that adrian's distant brother became world famous and everyone kept mentioning dan to him, probably not the best for someone who was never close with his brother, maybe even was part of conversations that got ugly and even had some resentment, who knows. now at least dan is fine with mentioning the fact that he even has a brother, i know at some point he was quite touchy about it. glad to see that the fans have matured for the most part and aren't harassing adrian anymore/he isn't affected by it and keeps doing what he does
i just like dnp ok
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

deiligbaby wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:07 am i think it was probably a combination of dan's own problems as a teenager and his need to leave his home and that life as soon as possible and the fact that adrian's distant brother became world famous and everyone kept mentioning dan to him, probably not the best for someone who was never close with his brother, maybe even was part of conversations that got ugly and even had some resentment, who knows. now at least dan is fine with mentioning the fact that he even has a brother, i know at some point he was quite touchy about it. glad to see that the fans have matured for the most part and aren't harassing adrian anymore/he isn't affected by it and keeps doing what he does
I agree with this!

And I think Adrian stepping into the spotlight of his own volition helped a lot. Adrian may not have decided to stick with youtube, but the fact that he is a known person and doesn't feel removed and untouchable anymore has to take a lot of the pressure off of both of them for the whole famous-sibling-relationship. Adrian has now had at least a small taste of what Dan goes through (positive and negative) and since he's older Dan doesn't have to take on so much of a protective role - which I do believe he did, maybe not in an interpersonal way, but at least in making it blindingly obvious that he wanted to shield Adrian from his fans while Adrian was young. It still didn't stop some people from taking advantage of Adrian, since he did get somewhat catfished by at least one Dan fan in the past, but I'm sure it helped a whole lot.
noodlebum
flower crown

Dan and Colin :love2:
stufflizloves
living flop

Disclaimer: I know that 1 or 2 photos is not enough to show the entire picture of a day spent with family. I know that it’s easy to edit your life and make things look good when they may not be as rosy.

Having said that..it is so so so so so lovely to see such a smiley, happy boi on a family trip. I know everyone keeps saying it, but Dan looks relaxed in a way I haven’t seen in a while—I love that we’re seeing open smiles without the accompanied moody caption (not that it’s not coming!) It’s just nice and wholesome.
noodlebum
flower crown

I've just thought of 2 more things I say a lot because of DnP:

Being 'zazzed'. Didn't realise this wasn't a regular thing til I used it today and people looked baffled.

'i'm sorry' in the way that Dan used in a video once, in a sort of confused/dazed, weird voice... can't explain it! Will try and find the video and post it later, but that too.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I did some research into charities for the next drives.

Phil
https://www.dkms.org.uk/en
https://www.anthonynolan.org/
https://bloodwise.org.uk/

I'm currently leaning towards DKMS as AN is very UK and under 30 based. It would also be a good way to encourage people to register.

Dan
https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/ https://www.stonewall.org.uk/
I'm currently leaning towards mermaids as Dan has been a vocal supporter of trans rights and they need support in the UK especially. The media is vile.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or issues. I plan to set them up this weekend.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think those charities sound fantastic. You found a really perfect one for Phil, especially, being so specific to what his dad went through.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I’m a bit miffed when I see people talking about ‘The Urge’ like Dan was trying to come out via it. IDK exactly what he intended, there certainly was homoerotic subtext, but I tend to believe that it was a bait & switch ( as mentioned in The Right Opinions vid about Dan). In a fan fiction format, he made points about how personal his& Phil’s relationship is to him- an early version of the section he did in BIG about being a private person. Whatever the case the story that he told was very intentional.

I think sometimes people confuse what Dan means and simplify it. Another thing that I’ve seen is a live show Gif of Dan saying ‘I’m Philtarian... I worship Phil’. It’s a funny quote but don’t people realize he’s mocking the fans lmao. In a well- intentioned way I’m sure, but he’s pointing out the way people sometimes idolize and make Phil a Saint like figure- another things which he mentions in the II Audio Commentary (e.g. ‘Phil died for our sins’)

Anyway this has been my rant.
TuxedoSam
spork

spaceguitar wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 am
I think sometimes people confuse what Dan means and simplify it. Another thing that I’ve seen is a live show Gif of Dan saying ‘I’m Philtarian... I worship Phil’. It’s a funny quote but don’t people realize he’s mocking the fans lmao. In a well- intentioned way I’m sure, but he’s pointing out the way people sometimes idolize and make Phil a Saint like figure- another things which he mentions in the II Audio Commentary (e.g. ‘Phil died for our sins’)

Anyway this has been my rant.
isnt people worshipping Phil by calling him a god and saying he is perfect also joking ? like of course it means they love him but like... isnt it like a meme for people we like ? i have seen tweet being all " *celebrity name* is god, how dare you say otherwise" and it's just funny ? So that's why i don't think he was mocking these people but more like joking with them. I could totally be wrong and just dumb too.... idk that's how i saw it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I think so, though all the innocent smol angel bean stuff was less jokey, more earnest protectiveness, though maybe not totally serious. Amazing how long that went on for considering he’s such a cheeky troll.
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

oh god. oh god the icecream story. why is he like this i'm unstanning
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Petition for Dan to keep it in his pants?
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

um

I don't know what I expected, but "I'm gonna lick that fucking banana all day get in my mouth you saucy yellow fuck" was definitely not it
:rainbowtears:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

rizzo wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:39 pm i honestly hate him
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Well, we all heard that, thank you, Daniel ;) must be hot over there.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Starting my morning with Dan's obscenities is A Lot and I honestly might sue.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

We all gotta suffer.
Philena
blobfish

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm Starting my morning with Dan's obscenities is A Lot and I honestly might sue.
I am not okay.. that gulp at the end :yuck:

I need more wholesome Norman content :betta:
kavat
pastel persona

So we've reached the "making sure my boyfriend doesn't forget me" stage of the vacation, got it