Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phantasy
woodland creature

And the winner of the inappropriate comment award...
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

A little #spon for phandomwatch but...we're hosting an Undertale marathon this weekend! Please feel free to join us!

We will be posting more about it closer to when it happens :D :undertaledog: :napsta: :skeleton:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:33 pm Can I just say that I, a straight woman, have never seen a stache and found it attractive? I find them kind of repulsive.
As a fellow straight female, I can relate. I think the only man I've found attractive with a mustache is Nick Offerman. I think a guy has to have a very specific face to suit a mustache and he needs to be older. Dan is 0 for 2. I mean, he's on vacation and trying something out, I'm sure he'll shave it off when he gets home.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aunt Roz replying to Dan's picture with just a cry laughing emoji is a big ass mood.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:happytears:
:gayaf:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:33 pm Dan, back at it with a mildly controversial tweet...
I laughed because it's actually a bit true. Speaking more than one language is important and all but I have literally lived in countries for several months without speaking the language and that's basically how I got by and I somehow managed. That's Europe for you. I already speak quite a few languages well enough but there are so many of them here. I currently live very close to the Dutch border (close enough to casually hop over for shopping) and I don't speak a word of Dutch, what can you do.

Baguette pictures: Please tell me he's not growing this mustache as some kind of French joke. I see your bread and your stripey shirt, Dan, add a beret and you're good to go? I wouldn't put it past him tho... (Can I just say, I unironically love the mustache? It's so extra, very him.)
noodlebum
flower crown

THAT DOG 🐕
deiligbaby
smol bean

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:43 pm
deiligbaby wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:35 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:08 pm
Nothing of recent. It was back in 2017 when they moved. Their address wasn’t leaked per say. What I saw anyway was people took a screen grab of the area but scribbled over the actual address. But you still could see the area and if you knew it, it wouldn’t be hard to work out. I’m confused by you saying you can tell where they live from their videos? In what way? They don’t vlog so for you to know where they actually live in London from what? Maybe you live there I dunno. When it comes to the area they live I think a fair few amount have seen or know it, it definitely not something I see people talk. I think more people just know of the area rather than the actual address.
thanks! i don't want to say the names of videos or how bc i feel like that's weird, it just so happened that i recognised the area bc i live in london.
knq wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 pm
They've lived in two London apartments so far. I wonder if the discussion you saw was about the 'leaking' of the address to their first London apartment? Knowledge of where their first apartment was is often brought up in discourse over fans respecting (or not) Dan and Phil's privacy. Knowledge of their current apartment definitely isn't common, though if it were you wouldn't see it on IDB, as that would violate the forum rules.
yeah i meant the second one which is why i was confused, never seen anything about the first one but then again i was never super involved. thanks though!
You're probably going to get private messages asking about more details (stalkers gonna stalk, sadly). I don't think messages are surveilled by the mods, but I hope you still respect DnP's privacy beyond the borders of this thread ❤️
i would never and i didn't get any so far thankfully. i've been made aware on another forum that i might be wrong tho as it seems because nobody else remembers anything! so i could just have dreamt up a clip one day like a year or two ago who knows lmao moving on

sidenote and more important: i would die for colin
i just like dnp ok
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

I guess i found the one thing i just don't find attractive at all. Not even on Dan. Heck, not even on Phil i'd like it.
Stache is a no. Everything else is a hell yes.

But i will defend his right to post anything he feels comfortable with, something something like Voltaire said.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I wonder if Phil’s mom really thought Phil might have gotten a girl pregnant as he says in this VYou answer. Or was he just saying that to be funny or to appear straight? Doesn’t seem to fit with having figured out her son was gay as Phil said in COTY. Maybe she figured it out later? Thoughts?

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
autumnhearth
senpai

All he said that she said was “pregnant?” nothing about knocking up a girl... sure she could have said more than that one word or it could have been implied or she could have been being cheeky or she might not have said it at all and Phil was just adding it for humor. Personally I like the idea of his mom cheeky (like “you aren’t pregnant are you Phil?”) and I can imagine Phil’s mpreg interest going back farther than mcu fan fic. But as to whether it fits with what he said in COTY, we don’t know if Phil was bringing back “friends” before 2009, but he was certainly vlogging years prior and nothing suggests that she was being kept in the dark about it for years.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 am I wonder if Phil’s mom really thought Phil might have gotten a girl pregnant as he says in this VYou answer. Or was he just saying that to be funny or to appear straight? Doesn’t seem to fit with having figured out her son was gay as Phil said in COTY. Maybe she figured it out later? Thoughts?

Doesn't Phil have videos filmed pretty obviously with his parents (on Florida vacations, for example) well before he'd graduated and moved back in with them? It seemed from COTY that they couldn't have known who was staying over with him until he lived with them again (and it was most likely Dan, who Kath filmed with), and by then YouTube wasn't a secret. But I also think "pregnant" in that video is a joke (mpreg or just playing with the trope) and likely not something his parents were actually worried about.
knq
lava lamp

Phil constantly jokes about getting pregnant. Kath raised Phil. Kath 100% joked about Phil getting pregnant. You can't take it back; it's my headcanon now.
phandemonium
drama llama

What I'm getting from the Insta stories is that with Dan gone, Phil opted to live in the wilderness and pet all the animals. Half of which he's probably allergic to.
noodlebum
flower crown

Are we thinking all these stories are just from the same day at the zoo, but staggered? Surely he hasn't been to several zoos this week! :lol:
phandemonium
drama llama

noodlebum wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:12 am Are we thinking all these stories are just from the same day at the zoo, but staggered? Surely he hasn't been to several zoos this week! :lol:
Maybe they decided to keep him.
autumnhearth
senpai

:foreverhome:
knq wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 am Phil constantly jokes about getting pregnant. Kath raised Phil. Kath 100% joked about Phil getting pregnant. You can't take it back; it's my headcanon now.
Fully accepted, love Kath! Speaking of which, that’s her voice in Phil’s otter story. No doubt that it’s delayed, he’s been back for days. Honestly I’m more and more amused by delayed stories these days. I imagine Dan is back as well. Now that both boys have had their family time they can focus on their own :foreverhome: :betta:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Dan's last tweet was sent from the Web app and not his iPhone so I feel like he's back home. The delayed stories amuse me, especially Phil's because he's acting like he's still on the IoM even though everyone knows he's not, lmao
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Phil's delayed stories are starting to remind me of the continued vase joke :lol:
He knows we know but he's still going to act like he's been at the same animal park for 3 days lol
flarequake
not an airport stalker

It’d be funny if he really had been at the animal park for 3 days. Maybe training to be a zookeeper in case he needs a career change ;)
Phantasy
woodland creature

Good on Phil for clearly registering protest against the ‘stache by not liking Dan’s photo.
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

I don't particularly mind the 'stache (and fully support Dan laughing at his own attempt and living his best gay 'stache-having life if he must), but Phil finally appearing online again just to like a bunch of hot guy insta posts and pointedly not interact with Dan's danstache pictures is killing me.
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phantasy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:56 pm Good on Phil for clearly registering protest against the ‘stache by not liking Dan’s photo.
onemoresock wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:04 pm I don't particularly mind the 'stache (and fully support Dan laughing at his own attempt and living his best gay 'stache-having life if he must), but Phil finally appearing online again just to like a bunch of hot guy insta posts and pointedly not interact with Dan's danstache pictures is killing me.
I absolutely believe this is a statement from Phil and I approve of it.
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

Is there any twitter/instagram account that posts their likes?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Socks out for the lads