Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

The new gas leak/no storage complains have happened
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:32 pm The new gas leak/no storage complains have happened
Oh.. How awful, Dan! Hm... Maybe the solution would be... to move out??
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Can’t get much more obvious than this
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

DanAndPhilGames is back, and they're playing... with us. :sideeye:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Landlords shouldn’t have a reason to bathe in your tub unless they’re taking it back~

Bitches, moving hill is RAVING this weekend!!! :ribena:
knq
lava lamp

I hope that’s the bath at the old place and not the new one.
bantsandpheels
phillion/danosaur <//3

I have been ambivalent about moving hill but ohhhhh boy I think it's time to begin my climb

Edit: now I'm also wondering if "out of hair product" really means "my hair products are sitting in boxes so I can't use them"🤔
autumnhearth
senpai

Dan’s tweet was the perfect setup for a photo from the new bathtub sipping a glass of wine with the caption “ah that’s better” and frankly I’m disappointed in him for not following through.
parallel
phabergé

you know you're starved when one of your first moving-related thoughts is "so... moving video = joint content?"
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So we got about 20 seconds of Phil in the vidcon now shout out video. I guess there will be one with Dan in it in a couple days? I'm shocked they've still got content to spread out this far. I can't say making a whole new channel for this stuff was a smart idea on their end but oh well. I'll take the little snippets of deppy, even if it's not super interesting. Though I do love that Phil had to read out one asking to pay for their student loans because that's a mood.

Anyway that aside, I am always, always on moving hill and I'm so fucking ready for their forever home and eventually their dog to join Norman. The "and now onto the future" vibes are strong for me :')
masterofgeometry
squish

It's astonishing how oblivious I am to their content sometimes, I didnt even think about moving hill when they posted those tweets! I was just like "huh good for them, nbd". Thank god for IDB otherwise all these would have flown over my head.

me rn:
autumnhearth
senpai

parallel wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:30 pm you know you're starved when one of your first moving-related thoughts is "so... moving video = joint content?"
“We Bought a House” sounds like the perfect next AmazingPhil vid featuring Dan and the natural sequel to “We’re Moving Out”. Two flats whomst?

Now realistically how many weeks until it could drop? Yes I am getting my hopes up for the first time this year.
noodlebum
flower crown

Am I the only negative ninny thinking Phil moved out, and Dan is staying behind in the flat? :cry: I want to be jolly like everyone else but have a bad feeling.

Definitely don't want that to be true and I'm probably off, but there we go, it's an option sadly.
scientia
phabergé

noodlebum wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:19 am Am I the only negative ninny thinking Phil moved out, and Dan is staying behind in the flat? :cry: I want to be jolly like everyone else but have a bad feeling.

Definitely don't want that to be true and I'm probably off, but there we go, it's an option sadly.
ngl it did cross my mind too, but then again I'm never fully certain on any moving theories
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

the fact that both of their tweets used "I/my" instead of "we/our" caught me a bit off guard - it's an exception and not the rule with them, I feel like - but I refuse to look too deeply into that. moving together until proven otherwise :betta:
:rainbowtears:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

noodlebum wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:19 am Am I the only negative ninny thinking Phil moved out, and Dan is staying behind in the flat? :cry: I want to be jolly like everyone else but have a bad feeling.

But why? I don't think there's anything to suggest this might be the case at all. What would have happened that we don't know about between Dan calling Phil his soulmate and now? Did I miss something?

Them using "I" instead of "we" this time is probably just due to them not being a joint brand anymore. They want to be seen as seperate creators so of course they've stopped speaking like they were still a double act on social media. I wouldn't read into it.
noodlebum
flower crown

I really want to be wrong and probably am! My mind just didn't instantly go being all excited by these tweets and jump on moving hill as easily. I want them to be moving into their forever home together too, not moving away from each other! But just have a horrible feeling (am crossing fingers that I'm completely wrong though!!).
Hopefully the moving away from each other in everything work related isn't also linked to their personal lives too. I think the tweets on the same day about their living situation was on purpose, but what it means I'm not sure, Phil was staying very quiet...
I don't know. Others have read into it and gotten one conclusion, I've gotten another (more negative) one.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I guess it’s odd to still see people who think they will move apart or arent together. I’m a naturally pessimistic and don’t try to get my hopes up with all things dnp. So I can see why people may think they aren’t moving right now but to think they won’t move together is a bit beyond me. Why is there still so much doubt. Them moving into the next place apart didn’t even enter my mind. I can see still a few do think that way.
hello9217
flower crown

Sometimes I think that people have had a doubt about dnp being together for so long that, even after dan confirmed they were actual soulmates, it’s still hard for people bc it’s just too good to be true. You mean to tell me that dnp have survived 10 years despite having been publicly, and in dan’s case, privately closeted? Despite being outed on more than one occasion? Like they got through that and still want to be companions through life and still look at each other like they hung the moon and stars? No that’s just impossible. Who cares that they went on a road trip with Phil’s brother and his gf. Who cares that they very recently they went to IOM to celebrate phil’s mom birthday. Who cares that phil made an important life decision without consulting dan first bc of course them adopting a fish is something that effects them both. They are definitely moving apart.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

noodlebum wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:25 am I really want to be wrong and probably am! My mind just didn't instantly go being all excited by these tweets and jump on moving hill as easily. I want them to be moving into their forever home together too, not moving away from each other! But just have a horrible feeling (am crossing fingers that I'm completely wrong though!!).
Hopefully the moving away from each other in everything work related isn't also linked to their personal lives too. I think the tweets on the same day about their living situation was on purpose, but what it means I'm not sure, Phil was staying very quiet...
I don't know. Others have read into it and gotten one conclusion, I've gotten another (more negative) one.
The thought of them moving separately hadn't occurred to me, but I'm not surprised it's occurred to others. Dan and Phil, by choosing not to talk about their relationship publicly, get to experience a level of privacy unknown to most YouTubers. They've made the decision not to talk about their romantic lives because they value their privacy so highly. One drawback to that decision is that there will always be room for doubt in the minds others about the nature of their relationship. Because, while we "know", we don't really know.

Let's leave behind the world of DnP for a second so I can demonstrate what I'm trying to say. I enjoying watching Safiya Nygaard's videos. Safiya makes videos with the help of her boyfriend (now fiance) Tyler. How do I know Tyler and Safiya are in a romantic relationship? Well, if they'd gone the DnP route, I could have put together the clues (live together, work together, travel together, etc.) from watching their videos over the years. But, I never had to do that. The first time Tyler was mentioned, before he ever appeared on camera in one of her videos, Safiya casually introduced him as her boyfriend. Mystery solved. And their relationship isn't the focus of her videos (save one). They never get show affection on camera (I can't even recall a time they've held hands); no, they just do life together (much like another YT couple).

Okay, so back to DnP. Over the years there have been hints, clues, innuendos, statements about the past, but neither one of them have ever flat out said, "Hey, this is my boyfriend." Until one of them does, there will always be room for doubt. That, my friends, is the power of the declarative sentence.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Sami
squish

As a new subscriber I figured that I should catch up on what has gone before so I have been on a Phil marathon this weekend and I don't know why, but it made me so happy to notice that Dan has a cactus next to his name in the comments :happytears:
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
autumnhearth
senpai

sapienveneficus wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 am
noodlebum wrote: I really want to be wrong and probably am! My mind just didn't instantly go being all excited by these tweets and jump on moving hill as easily. I want them to be moving into their forever home together too, not moving away from each other! But just have a horrible feeling (am crossing fingers that I'm completely wrong though!!).
The thought of them moving separately hadn't occurred to me, but I'm not surprised it's occurred to others. Dan and Phil, by choosing not to talk about their relationship publicly, get to experience a level of privacy unknown to most YouTubers. They've made the decision not to talk about their romantic lives because they value their privacy so highly. One drawback to that decision is that there will always be room for doubt in the minds others about the nature of their relationship. Because, while we "know", we don't really know.

Let's leave behind the world of DnP for a second so I can demonstrate what I'm trying to say. I enjoying watching Safiya Nygaard's videos. Safiya makes videos with the help of her boyfriend (now fiance) Tyler. How do I know Tyler and Safiya are in a romantic relationship? Well, if they'd gone the DnP route, I could have put together the clues (live together, work together, travel together, etc.) from watching their videos over the years. But, I never had to do that. The first time Tyler was mentioned, before he ever appeared on camera in one of her videos, Safiya casually introduced him as her boyfriend. Mystery solved. And their relationship isn't the focus of her videos (save one). They never get show affection on camera (I can't even recall a time they've held hands); no, they just do life together (much like another YT couple).

Okay, so back to DnP. Over the years there have been hints, clues, innuendos, statements about the past, but neither one of them have ever flat out said, "Hey, this is my boyfriend." Until one of them does, there will always be room for doubt. That, my friends, is the power of the declarative sentence.
And yet PJ and Sophie did go the DnP route (for good reason) and no one questions them. That’s heteronormativity at its finest.
formlessblobsunite wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 am the fact that both of their tweets used "I/my" instead of "we/our" caught me a bit off guard - it's an exception and not the rule with them, I feel like - but I refuse to look too deeply into that. moving together until proven otherwise :betta:
Phil uses the singular possessive all the the time, even for their apartment(s). My husband and I would do the same unless we were talking to someone together or I had already mentioned him just before in the conversation. It’s actually just a natural reflex. This discussion comes around frequently and many people have said they do the same thing. Nothing to worry about.

And why in the ever loving fluff would Dan stay behind?
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

sapienveneficus wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 am

I suspect that if people's brains want to be mean and see things negatively, they'll find a way. If D&P looked into the camera and used the word "boyfriend," (which seems to me to be a step down from "soulmate"), I don't think that would stop the anons who decide that any number of little things mean they must have broken up. I'm sure there are some people who just need to hear the word and then will have full faith in Dan-and-Phil-together-forever, but I don't think that accounts for most of the people whose brains take them to negative conclusions.

Re: the Safiya comparison, she may have a "typical" YouTuber situation, but I think in order to look at the role of heteronormativity (even now that D&P are both out as gay) the usual comparisons to PJ and Grace Helbig are useful. I haven't kept up with PJ and I know this has shifted for Grace recently, but they have both gone a very long time including their partners in content and talking about them without stating their relationship in any kind of direct way or showing any affection on camera. And my understanding is that after the initial questions, people quickly accepted those relationships to be what they were/are. I think the argument that BIG wasn't direct about the nature of D&P's relationship is pretty weak, but even setting that aside, we have evidence that there's more at play here than the word choice.

(Autumn said this much more efficiently but I already typed this out so whatever I'm still posting it, sorry.)
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:35 pm
formlessblobsunite wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:09 am the fact that both of their tweets used "I/my" instead of "we/our" caught me a bit off guard - it's an exception and not the rule with them, I feel like - but I refuse to look too deeply into that. moving together until proven otherwise :betta:
Phil uses the singular possessive all the the time, even for their apartment(s). My husband and I would do the same unless we were talking to someone together or I had already mentioned him just before in the conversation. It’s actually just a natural reflex. This discussion comes around frequently and many people have said they do the same thing. Nothing to worry about.

And why in the ever loving fluff would Dan stay behind?
The singular possessive doesn't matter to me at all. I actually used the phrase "my kids" while talking to the father of my kids, my husband of 10+ years. Obviously they are "our" kids, but MY kids just comes out sometimes (most times) Using that as "evidence" is silly.
Neons
spork

People questioning whether DnP are still a couple at this point always reminds me of the scene in Brooklyn 99 where Rosa's trying to come out as bi to her parents while they're playing that game where you have to guess what someone is drawing. She draws two brides with a big heart over them who are clearly getting married to each other and her mother is guessing like "sisters!... um, two women holding hands... friends! Oh I know, business partners!" Lol.