Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I got a comment on my page for being a top fan, but I have no idea how I was a top fan, since I didn't donate. Or did phil just accidentally hit that button for everyone?

Do I get cred because it's connected to my social and I have some amount of followers? wtf.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was nice. I got used to the new setup fairly quickly, but it’s not quite the old cosy sofa corner and chilled chat about stuff. Could have done without poo talk tbh, why is he like this. It was good to see him, not having them for 10 months and thinking they were done was pretty sad.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Hmm, he (*coughs* they *coughs*) should just drop the liveshow façade and start doing podcasts. The set up is there. Just... do it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This will take getting used to and I hope the first show was just an attempt to figure out the format because it was so impersonal. Idk I love Phil so I’ll watch but they really did make it so they aren’t telling us anything anymore and on one hand I get it but on the other I’m not thrilled with the change
Luu
tol bean

I'm sorry but I didn't like it. It was so awkward with the app crashing and Phil not knowing what to say in between segments. I was hoping for a casual liveshow with some updates about his life and some random stories but this more structured format makes me unsure if it's going to work in a platform like YouNow. It made me feel more distant from him bc I feel like he doesn't want us to be as involved in his life anymore, which I totally respect but it kinda makes me feel a bit sad. :cry:
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

It was my first live "live show" because YouNow never worked for me before, the chat kinda gave me a headache, I don't mind the green screen I guess it's a more formal set up so he doesn't have people saying get Dan, the news story of the week gave me super amazing project vibes. I just enjoyed seeing him for an extended time.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

glitterintheair wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 pm Hmm, he (*coughs* they *coughs*) should just drop the liveshow façade and start doing podcasts. The set up is there. Just... do it.
Honestly, once the stream started working, I put it in a different tab and barely watched and listened to it like a podcast.
Sami
squish

For my first live show, I have to say it wasn't what I was expecting and I'm not sure how to feel about it. Seeing an hour of Phil's face definitely made me smile but something about it just didn't work for me. :?
I think I was hoping for something more casual.
I fully support them wanting to keep their private life private, but the green screen mixed with the annoying younow graphics that kept appearing was really distracting for me. Hopefully I will get used to it and can enjoy the chance to look at Phil's beautiful face every week.
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
hello9217
flower crown

The only thing I didn’t like was the news segment, something from SAP and the radio said that I never really liked, but otherwise the format is fine. If they did move, which I think they 100% did, who am I to say that phil can’t cover that up a bit until they actually want to announce it. According to dan of 2017 this is probably going to be their more permanent place. After they gave 10 year of themselves to the internet I understand wanting to have that as something personal and just for the two of them. If he would just switch to twitch I would be even happier
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I think where I’m at right now is that I’m feeling too grateful for actually having regular content back (and we’re getting a show *every week*?? I actually cannot believe it) to not like it... maybe I’ve just been starved for too long, or maybe I don’t mind as much as I’m still on a high from yesterday’s vid. But I enjoyed it, technical difficulties aside, which he seemed to have resolved after figuring out the recording issue. Big Super Amazing Project vibes on occasion. It does come off as less personal, but that isn’t terribly surprising given how this year has gone ... hopefully, once they become more regular he might talk a bit about the week that’s just passed, as opposed to this week’s where he’d have had to summarise almost all of this year.

Totally got me with Norman Cam; I actually thought it was live. Japed again :lol:

I really hope he plays the goose game next week! I’m just so thrilled that we get to see him every week, I never thought this day would come again.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So now that this is over I am very curious about the background of the next video and insta stories. I’m sure they probably have a bank of delayed stories but how long will we have to wait until we see another ap video?
I also wonder if dan is going to start streaming on twitch. We know he watches twitch streams and while I will always prefer joint content just knowing we can watch both of them in that space
Would be nice
autumnhearth
senpai

Sigh this is going to take some adjusting to. Let’s be honest we haven’t had a genuinely cozy Phil liveshow since they moved out of the first London apartment. After that they felt awkward and forced (at least to me). Still this was such a stark contrast. Admittedly I haven’t watched many other professional live-streams, but it resembles them more than his old liveshows (only more awkward). If this is what he wants then I hope it works out for him. He was probably all kinds of shaken up over the technical difficulties, but trying not to show it. I’m also excited for the goose game. Best leave it on that positive note. Except to follow up that no the app does not work :|
Neons
spork

I've only been a fan since their coming out videos so I wasnt expecting anything in particular from the live show, but the idea of weekly Phil makes me so very happy :love1:

I'm so glad Phil mentioned Untitled Goose Game as I was just thinking the other day how I'd loved for that to have been on the gaming channel.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Does anyone know where I can watch it? From what it sounds like, I think he’s trying something more presenter-y show-like and I think that’s something he actually wants to do and enjoys. Maybe in the future he can keep his structure but add a segment for personal anecdotes for ppl that miss the old style liveshows. Im kinda glad he’s trying something new bec growth won’t come from doing everything the same way but the platform is definitely a problem. I wish he would stream somewhere better, YouTube and twich are both good options. Why do I have so much to say when I haven’t even watched it yet lol
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I totally forgot about the liveshow so I'll have to wait for some functioning VOD to turn up.
I don't understand how there should be any technical difficulties (i have a good amount of streaming experience) - it's SO easy these days, even with bad internet. From the screenshots I saw it looks like he invested into a proper setup, so I don't think the issues were so much on his side as on YouNow's end. There's a reason no one uses that page.
Evening42
dank meme

madzilla84 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:38 pm I think where I’m at right now is that I’m feeling too grateful for actually having regular content back (and we’re getting a show *every week*?? I actually cannot believe it) to not like it... maybe I’ve just been starved for too long, or maybe I don’t mind as much as I’m still on a high from yesterday’s vid. But I enjoyed it, technical difficulties aside, which he seemed to have resolved after figuring out the recording issue. Big Super Amazing Project vibes on occasion. It does come off as less personal, but that isn’t terribly surprising given how this year has gone ... hopefully, once they become more regular he might talk a bit about the week that’s just passed, as opposed to this week’s where he’d have had to summarise almost all of this year.

Totally got me with Norman Cam; I actually thought it was live. Japed again :lol:

I really hope he plays the goose game next week! I’m just so thrilled that we get to see him every week, I never thought this day would come again.
I totally agree with this. I’m so happy to have the live shows back in any format. It is very reminiscent of SAP. I think the live shows will evolve over the coming weeks as Phil develops it.
bevioletsky
glabella

That was different and a bit strange but ultimately nice, I think? I was definitely losing it at first because I don’t remember younow ever being as bad for me as it was then but ig the fault really was more at Phil’s end because the latter half worked quite smoothly after he fixed whatever. The stickers are still so obnoxious, though, I hate them. I wish they didn’t show up on fullscreen, being able to avoid them in addition to avoiding the chat would be sweet.

The setup was kind of a surprise, but it’s nice enough and I think I already started getting used to it. It’s like a proper streaming one, and of course it’s not the same, of course it’s a v different vibe from streaming from their real living space which I do miss very much but I get it. I’ll take it.

What I’ll definitely take are weekly liveshows if he’s really planning on keeping this up. Consistent live content in this day and age? Would not have expected that one. The more structured parts of the show were pretty cool and I hope they give him a bit of confidence and comfort while doing the streams. Liked the deleted bits of the video, or would have without the crashing, it’s a good idea and a solid segment. The news story part was umm a bit awkward and unexpected, and very reminiscent of the SAP/radio show, but the bit of interaction it led to was cool – at least he got some relevant responses to that one. Lmao @ the Norman ‘live cam’ (with the annoying music).

I think overall I hope that it’ll go a bit more smoothly in the future, which I would presume it will, and that maybe it’ll feel a bit more relaxed as the nerves that come with doing a liveshow for the first time in ages and in a completely new way are now out of the way. Other than that, I always want to know more, just generally, like I always want him to talk more about his life and everything and not pivot to the same two things, but then again he has never been one to ramble, say, in the way that Dan does and that’s Okay. Also the old thing about boundaries, and balancing how much he wants (they want) to share with our wishes, and accepting that that can be a difficult line to walk, etc. Also I don’t want to make it sound like he actually only talked about two things, we got a few nice anecdotes sprinkled in there (apparently he’s given some real consideration to getting a tattoo, huh). He made me smile a lot, it was still pretty chill, well done on trying new things. I’m curious to see where it goes, at least. My rambly and disjointed ass is going to sleep now, good night.
enomdy
smol bean

I'm v exited about phil growing out his natural hair colour ngl

I enjoyed the livestream but phil should stream on twitch or youtube cause younow is a laggy and broken mess
:betta: :sparkle: lol what :sparkle: :betta:
knq
lava lamp

I couldn’t watch at the time and hope I’ll see it on YouTube later—was there dnp banter in the outtakes Phil showed?

I’m laughing about the green screen. I also love that for him. It sounds like with the segments and the background Phil’s put himself a bit more in control of his liveshow? I hope that makes him feel comfortable to do them often. I think a lot of us just want something reliable to look forward to.
noodlebum
flower crown

Yeah I'm excited for his not-black hair dye escapades continuing.
Pleased he's decided to look into how he wants the live shows to go and is trying out all these new things, then can decide who m what works or not 😀
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It definitely has Super Amazing Project and original Sunday Radio Show vibes. Which are both things I liked, I just don't know how much I will like that format with just Phil. I know and understand that they want to be their own person again for now, but I will always think that they're just better together. I'm gonna give it a fair chance though and I think we should all consider this and the next few shows as a test run. Phil needs to get used to this new setup and format just as much as we do. He also needs to figure out for himself how much he wants to share about his (and Dan's) personal life and how to approach certain things in the PCOU without defaulting back to glass closet he has always known, but when he gets used to being live on camera again I hope he will find his flow. I have faith that he can do this. I know a lot of people will miss the old liveshows, but I feel like if Phil had just continued that route people would've been critical about him never doing anything new. :shrug:

But please get this man in contact with Twitch. The fact that YouNow still even exists continues to amaze me.

btw, I'm really surprised to learn that he actually dyed his hair a different color than black?? I thought he had just grown out his roots.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LindonSound
not a first-time poster

Do you know if any channels will post his live show? I don’t have YouNow and can’t get it. I pray this man gets a Twitch.
Becky.rigby
living flop

I know everyone is talking about Phil's liveshow at the moment which I think they will take a while to settle in. However I wonder what Dan is up to :S he hasn't tweeted in 5 days, he didnt even retweet or fav Phil's new video, or mention the vidcon video he was in, or am I missing something. And when was his last Instagram? Hmmm

Also to add in Phil's new video did he refer to us as Phil's viewers? Bit weird knowing that most people watch both of them.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan’s been pretty quiet but he has been liking things on social media and he was in Phil’s video which we know was filmed this week. My guess is that if they did move he’s probably been pretty busy with life stuff
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Amiaw wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:11 pm Dan’s been pretty quiet but he has been liking things on social media and he was in Phil’s video which we know was filmed this week. My guess is that if they did move he’s probably been pretty busy with life stuff
If he has time to like other things on socials then surely he has time to like Phil's video if he wanted. But I've given up trying to understand anything Dan does or doesn't do.

The bits of Phil's liveshow I was able to catch seemed chaotic but funny. :lol: Different, but still fun. Hopefully he'll work out some of the kinks before the next one.