Dan & Phil Part 90: Fish Daddies

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Bookworman355 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:14 am
kavat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:36 am
susan2 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 pm that Phil pose givin me flashbacks
Gosh, they both look absolutely terrified in that picture. When you know how comfortable and confident they can be in photo shoots now, the difference is massive.
If feel like if we’re talking about awkward photo shoots we can’t forget this one :lol:
My fave. I hope that one day they put it on their wedding invitations.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’ve never thought of them looking scared in the first one, though I can kinda see it now you say it. The second one, poor Phil, looks like he’s trying to telepathically call for help from anyone nearby. Photographers do have weird pose ideas sometimes.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

I always thought it was mostly part of their relatable/awkward branding, not to mention they were quite a bit younger then. I do love their more recent photo shoots though, especially the merch photos Dan takes of Phil. <3 (Love that he always gets a professional photographer for his own shoots though, that’s very Dan :lol:)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I always thought the second one looked like Dan was badly photoshopped in to a passport picture Phil had taken at the post office.
noodlebum
flower crown

Yeah Dan doesn't look like he's meant to be there :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

It 100% doesn't look like Dan's arms. Something with the lighting and how he's leaning makes it look like they've photoshoped someone else's arms and Dan's head in. So weird.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

No replies from Dan? I see, I see.

:foreverhome:
Nahcba
smol bean

Re ambiguity in BIG, I have always interpreted his language (sometimes using the past tense when talking about his and Phil’s relationship) because he was referring to when he and Phil met - the only time their relationship was germane to Dan’s coming out story. Although he does believe his and Phil’s relationship should be private, he had to refer to their dating because that was an important time in his sexuality story (that is, finally being accepted for it by ‘one person’ who changed it all for him). I think it doesn’t preclude that he and Phil are in a relationship just because he does use this past tense referral! Does that make sense LOL
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The replies to this are amazing already.

I hope Dan has fun hand selecting some images for Phil.
noodlebum
flower crown

Ew to the person putting a photo of Adrian there
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’m glad there’s no guessing with the new video because that wasn’t always fun but I’m pretty sure it’ll be a solo video. The only thing I’m curious about is if the white wall behind him will be in the current flat or their new home
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I find it annoying that people are tweeting him pictures of Dan or of himself. Like, I hope he gets some more creative ones. As a person with glasses and bad vision, I think you could have a lot of fun with some pics of pretty mundane things. I also wonder if he should have specifically requested PG13 pics :lol:
hello9217
flower crown

Cannot see dan being in this video, even behind the camera like a commentator. He would probably get a mention of ‘dan picked these beforehand,’ as phil looks at a laptop
kavat
pastel persona

The versions of this I have seen before has always had someone else behind the camera choosing and commenting, so it makes the most sense to me that Dan would be in it. I won't be mad if he isn't but Phil would make it harder for himself just logistically if he did it alone.

What do we think, filming tomorrow, edit thursday-friday, video up by saturday or sunday? That's what I hope at least.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

It would make the most sense for Dan to choose and hold up the pics off-camera like the Viewers Pick My Outfits vid, and I feel like it’d be a nice, low-key return of “joint content”, but so far this year Phil has gone to some lengths to do his videos entirely solo ... on the other hand, those were all during Dan’s pre-BIG hiatus.

So basically it could go either way and I’m probably not going to be able to stop myself from getting my hopes up. But I’m looking forward to it regardless, we haven’t seen Phil’s face in a vid (except vidcon now lol) since the end of June and I’m sure it’ll be funny whichever :)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Secretstanner
truth bomb

kavat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 pm The versions of this I have seen before has always had someone else behind the camera choosing and commenting, so it makes the most sense to me that Dan would be in it. I won't be mad if he isn't but Phil would make it harder for himself just logistically if he did it alone.
We’re talking about a man who held up a printer in the air to take a photocopy of his face so he wouldn’t have to show another part of their apartment. This man makes everything hard for himself. I don’t think dan will be in it but I’ll happy welcome dan to be the Julien of this video.
kavat
pastel persona

Secretstanner wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:20 pm
kavat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 pm The versions of this I have seen before has always had someone else behind the camera choosing and commenting, so it makes the most sense to me that Dan would be in it. I won't be mad if he isn't but Phil would make it harder for himself just logistically if he did it alone.
We’re talking about a man who held up a printer in the air to take a photocopy of his face so he wouldn’t have to show another part of their apartment. This man makes everything hard for himself. I don’t think dan will be in it but I’ll happy welcome dan to be the Julien of this video.
Fair point :lol: I might be clinging on to how he said in DML2 that they'll keep poping up in each other's videos, and this would be a perfect way of doing it without actually being on camera together.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:24 pm
Fair point :lol: I might be clinging on to how he said in DML2 that they'll keep poping up in each other's videos, and this would be a perfect way of doing it without actually being on camera together.
I actually did just assume that he was gonna have Dan pick these. I mean, he'll need someone to, if he opens all the tweets up with his glasses on that sort of defeats the purpose. Also someone on anon on tumblr pointed out to me that the tweet itself is Dan style and done from web, lol. So if Phil is really taking this seriously Dan probably made that tweet for him.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Not starting the tweet with a capital letter made me think Dan wrote it too.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 pm
kavat wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:24 pm
I actually did just assume that he was gonna have Dan pick these. I mean, he'll need someone to, if he opens all the tweets up with his glasses on that sort of defeats the purpose. Also someone on anon on tumblr pointed out to me that the tweet itself is Dan style and done from web, lol. So if Phil is really taking this seriously Dan probably made that tweet for him.
I didn’t think it’s impossible for dan to be in it but now I will definitely eat my words. I didn’t notice at all so I guess more chance than not. I still wouldn’t put it past phil to pick photos blindly haha but yeah now it looks like a dan tweet I’m here for this! I’m not gonna get my hopes up but I’m getting my hopes up.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I am sorry but the video would lose a great amount of fun if Dan is not in it commenting off-camera, just like it would have if Jenna did it without Julien. Like, in general those types of videos work well because of the bants that can come out of it, that's just a fact.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Neons
spork

Yeah as soon as I saw the idea for the vid I thought someone else obviously Dan would have to be involved, probably off-camera like the Pick My Outfits vid, as it just wouldn't work otherwise. Would be a nice low-key return to joint content if this is the case (maybe even why Phil chose it?).
hello9217
flower crown

I guess my response comes from not knowing the new normal. Like pre-BIG the most interaction we got was phil maybe mentioning dan in a video, like dan got him nasa shoes or whatever. So I’m just not sure if, now that BIG has been released and dan is no longer in hiding, he can now be on AP again. Like I get that dan wanted BIG to be his first entrance on youtube this year but is his channel the only place he wants to be? I guess we’ll see and this will give us a taste of where dnp and joint content are.
autumnhearth
senpai

Ah see I was being a pessimist about Dan getting more than a mention, but Phil’s illustration of them popping up in each other’s videos was of Dan behind the camera in Viewers Pick My Outfits (cheese costume) so my hopes have been raised.

I don’t think they will :haru: the move entirely, but I doubt it will be acknowledged in this video or any typical AP style vid and I fully expect the background to be replicated (though sitting in a nice big red armchair would be a refreshing change). If there isn’t a ‘We Bought A House’ vid after they’ve full settled, I expect they’ll talk about it in the muckbang.