Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Phil’s going to the dog show soon! I realized I have very little idea of what he’ll be doing there or what exactly his spon deal is.

Is the point of it just to generate interest in the show and get people to buy tickets because dogs? Is there more to it, like a meet-up or some Phil-centered entertainment/creation?

He has said he hopes to ‘see us there’ several times. I wonder how many people will go.
noodlebum
flower crown

I hope there's some kind of vlog for it as it's a spon 😁 or at least 8 stories and 10 photos on Instagram 😛
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I assume he’d have mentioned it if there was an official meet-up or anything, but people might bump into him around the place for pics I guess (not sure how it’s setup). I think quite a few people are going; most London phannies I know of have said they are.

I’m a bit surprised Dan isn’t going; not because “joint branding” or whatever but because - it’s dogs! Turning down a (paid!) chance to spend a day with dogs, Daniel what is u doin
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Oh, I just scrolled through the Discover Dogs instagram and twitter and dang, there's gonna be some cute ass dogs at this weekend's event. I have no idea what Phil's role will be at this event, but I can only hope he's gonna be posting a ton of cute dog content.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Today is National Coming Out Day and I didn't even know it because in the past my signifier that it's coming was all of the speculation about Dan and/or Phil making a video, tweeting, liking tweets, etc.

2019 is wild.

Also, Dan liked this tweet!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

stufflizloves
living flop

*aggressively tries not to think about how sweet it would be if BIG hit 10 millions views today*
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

:candycorn: :skeleton: SPON ALERT :skeleton: :candycorn:

While Phil is going to be frockling with puppies all day tomorrow, Phandom Watch is hosting a spooky themed watch fest! This will feature all the spooky week videos sans jumpscares, a baking video here and there, and maybe even some old SAP specials! More information is in the tumblr post/tweet below, and we hope you can join us! :pumpkin:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:48 pm
Phil has SUCH a nice face. :loveeyes:

That's it. That's the post.
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

I crave Photo Booth Challenge part 2 with a fiery passion. oh lord.
:rainbowtears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

For whatever reason, this section from BIG has been repeating in my brain this week:
But one of the other big fears holding me back was, honestly, that I wouldn't be accepted by the community. I know that it's a big pride flag covering a lot of ground and even the idea of it and certainly most of it is amazing ... But I'm a nice guy and I'm trying my best so you better be welcoming, you bunch of fuckin' queers.
I hope both Dan and Phil are finding their queer community. They deserve it.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Megancita75 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:16 pm For whatever reason, this section from BIG has been repeating in my brain this week:
But one of the other big fears holding me back was, honestly, that I wouldn't be accepted by the community. I know that it's a big pride flag covering a lot of ground and even the idea of it and certainly most of it is amazing ... But I'm a nice guy and I'm trying my best so you better be welcoming, you bunch of fuckin' queers.
I hope both Dan and Phil are finding their queer community. They deserve it.
This really struck a chord with me. I hope they are too, and I'm glad that the response to their coming out videos was so positive and nice. And I think irl with friends like Bryony and Adam they've got a little queer circle. I'm still in awe of how brave they were to come out like they did, especially Dan having to relive that trauma while telling his story. Coming out is hard and sometimes it sucks, or sometimes it'll go well and still feel bad. I'm proud and happy that they get to be more comfortable and live their truths :prideheart2:

I've also definitely got BIG muted on repeat in a tab while I'm at work today. Hope it hits 10 million views soon!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ooh, looks like Cat is London? She posted a pic of Norman to her instagram story.
knq
lava lamp

Moving theory thoughts on Phil’s new selfie?

Dan’s last selfie could have been from any point before he had a haircut, but this one of Phil looks more recent based on his red squirrel-ish hair color.

(Although I’ll be the first to admit I’m not great with color.)

If it is his squirrel hair, I wonder how recently that puts him and Norman in the upstairs lounge flat? I’d be shocked if they actually hadn’t moved (yet). But they have a knack for shocking me.
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

the return of brand twitter mentioning deppy. i'm curious - how did tesco mobile end up with a reputation as a dnp fan? because that first tweet implies they have a history of interacting with the phandom.
okay then
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

bluecaterpillar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:05 am the return of brand twitter mentioning deppy. i'm curious - how did tesco mobile end up with a reputation as a dnp fan? because that first tweet implies they have a history of interacting with the phandom.
okay then

I'm thinking the "still" is referring to #tescoshipsphan? I think Tesco Mobile has also tweeted about shipping phan in the past, but probably starting from the same origin point, maybe?
noodlebum
flower crown

Wtf 😂😂 that's so weird, I love it
Sami
squish

I really hope I can get to the dog show today, I am travelling from Birmingham and my train just got cancelled halfway there because of an incident in the line :(
I want to see Phil and the dogs :pls:
Hoot hoot, b*tch - Phil Lester 2019
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Templeofshame wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:18 am
bluecaterpillar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:05 am the return of brand twitter mentioning deppy. i'm curious - how did tesco mobile end up with a reputation as a dnp fan? because that first tweet implies they have a history of interacting with the phandom.
okay then

I'm thinking the "still" is referring to #tescoshipsphan? I think Tesco Mobile has also tweeted about shipping phan in the past, but probably starting from the same origin point, maybe?
This definitely struck me as weird when I first saw it, but even more so now. I'm generally suspicious of corporations appearing funny and relatable on Twitter as it is, but joining in on "shipping" a real-life, then-closeted couple is even weirder. Individuals and even communities of fans is one thing and I think that's fine, but big companies is quite another.

Anyway, happy Phil and dogs day! Can't wait to see the content
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Looks like Phil is already petting dogs :) (someone posted a pic with him and their doggo on FB) Good for him! Hope he has a fun day; I admit I’m not entirely clear on what he’s doing but I’m sure people will post more stuff!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Phil seems to be having fun!
:gayaf:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie