Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
AmethystHollis
smol bean

I don't know if Cat is staying at DnP's or in a hotel but those tiles sure weren't in their bathrooms.
[Please someone post Cat's latest ig story, I'm on my phone.]

(Oh first on a page O.o)
Neons
spork

So I got to meet Phil at Discover Dogs today :) I ran into him really early on in the day, I was just walking down one of the aisles that have all the breed stands and just suddenly saw him coming the other way, not even with anyone. I wasn't expecting to suddenly see him like that so I got completely starstruck for a second. He immediately offered me a hug, he is SO lovely. :happytears: I kind of wish I'd said more to him but I was so nervous.

I saw him randomly about the event a few times after, it was just so weird seeing him in the flesh after watching so many of his videos. It was really tempting to just stop and stare but I didn't want to be creepy lmao. After he did the agility thing he got absolutely surrounded by people wanting pics and stuff. It's good that a lot of fans got the chance to meet him.

Saw some dog friends of mine at the event too. It's been a good day!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I love people getting to legit meet and see him!!

Also watching that tall awkward man run around an agility course was an unexpected delight, ngl.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Dan is featured in Contrapoints' new video, he is one of the voices.

:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

More Spooky Week + Halloween baking + SAP fun happening with PhandomWatch! The second session of the day just started!

:skeleton: Join here! :skeleton:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I just finished Contra’s video and I love Dan’s voice. He does things so well. Daniel content please, Daniel!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

flarequake wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:45 pm I just finished Contra’s video and I love Dan’s voice. He does things so well. Daniel content please, Daniel!
I'm sure Dan has great fun doing Oscar Wilde.

I don't think anyone posted it here, but this is Philosophy Tube's video of Romeo and Juliet in which Dan voice acted (speaking of Dan's voice acting).

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Phandom Watch is starting the final spooky watch fest of the day if anyone here wants to join in! :skeleton: :candycorn: :bat:

https://sync-tube.de/rooms/hHfcVvtCR
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 am Phandom Watch is starting the final spooky watch fest of the day if anyone here wants to join in! :skeleton: :candycorn: :bat:

https://sync-tube.de/rooms/hHfcVvtCR
Lol of course as soon as I don't have the edit window we make the announcement to postpone the fest smh. Anyway! Info below
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Members post from earlier!
AmazingPhil wrote: Members only

Hello community weasels

Hope you're all feeling swell! If you didn't see on twitter/instagram I went to a dog show and got to do an actual agility course with a dog! (turns out agility is impossible to spell as I went through ajility adgility adjility ajijijility before I got it right). The dog did 100% of the work but I'm still proud of not falling over or having to go through the tunnel by myself to rescue a confused hound.

I'm also doing another Younow show tonight so if any of you guys want to get involved we're going to be talking about KARMA! Have you ever done something nice and then something else nice happened to you? Or have you done something bad and then karma came back to get you?! Let me know in the comments below and you might be on the screen in the stream.

I might try playing that goose game also so hopefully my mouse won't be possessed by a demon again.

SEE YOU AT 8PM!
AmazingPhil
kavat
pastel persona

I keep forgetting that we can expect regular content, every week. It's been so long!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Something around Halloween? That he likes quite a lot?
:gayaf:
noodlebum
flower crown

Maybe it's a game sponsor, perhaps the Apex Legends one he was talking about after.

edit:
Phil: "I dreamt that I owned.... a seal" :lol:
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

someone who's into dream analysis please tell me what on earth phil's seal dream means :lol:

also 'what dog would you adopt' 'maybe a corgi-shibe mix' :love2:
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

bluecaterpillar wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:35 pm someone who's into dream analysis please tell me what on earth phil's seal dream means :lol:

also 'what dog would you adopt' 'maybe a corgi-shibe mix' :love2:
“Seal is a favorable omen in a dream; it means that you have to meet with someone who will help to develop your business.”

Also: pic of shorgi
https://images.app.goo.gl/5bsQy4sz9kkgUnVG9
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was an interesting liveshow. Phil seemed off his game, mispeaking a lot and generally quite nervous - but in a different way than his first liveshow.

I like that insight into programming new lights, and I hope someone with better diagram drawing/picture analyzing skills posts some screenshots of Norman cam and snail cam later because I feel like things looked a bit different in those...

He didn't do the Props chest or spon Props this time - I wonder if his discomfort with promoting cryptocurrency won out? Or if he just forgot? He did say last time that the props chest would be something he'd do every liveshow, right?

It was overall really nice hearing things from him, though. I just... really love listening to him talk.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

So Phil basically wants Nukie in real life lol 🐶🐕
Becky.rigby
living flop

I agree he did seem a bit nervous :/ and he kept ignoring mentions of Dan in the chat. Holy crap I miss Dan so much!!!! I really don't get how we have gone downhill with Dan following his last video and pride I thought he was back but now nothing :( urghhh why do you do this to us Dan Howell!!! But it was a good Phil liveshow :) goes so quick though.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Can #DanCam die please it's embarrassing.
noodlebum
flower crown

Hated the #dancam and mentions of Dan constantly in his liveshow, it's not Phil's fault if Dan isn't doing live shows or putting out much in the way of content. Poor Phil, he did seem a bit distracted. I liked the candle haul though, and his seal dream was typical weird Phil, loved it
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Apparently it’s true that Gibraltar is gay, for anyone wondering.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I loved this liveshow, didn’t notice him being nervous, thought the word flubs were just by the by tbh. I don’t seem to often notice these things :shrug: I was tickled he read out one of my replies, that was fun. And he had the corgi balloon Emma and Rachel gave him. My guess for the Halloween thing is an escape room, just where my mind went. Actually, it went to some kind of sweet food first. The seal dream was interesting especially it getting swept up at the end, I wonder what that means. The whole thing is like a bit of the original Dr Dolittle film, I don’t suppose he’s ever seen it.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I also loved this live show. I actually thought he seemed to be in a great mood and it was obvious he didn’t have as much of a script this week but I loved it. I’m really curious to see what he has up just sleeve for this new video and also the Halloween thing.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Yay, liveshow! I found myself laughing quite a few times, and I thought it was a lot of fun overall! Here are my highlights:
  • [0:06] Phil talks about going to Discover Dogs 2019. At [1:38], he reveals that he has kept the corgi balloon given to him by the one and only missemma! And at [5:17], he shows a clip of a collection of golden retrievers somewhat creepily arranged in a circle. Apparently, the moment was also originally set to music? Phil thinks it looks like they were trying to summon some kind of dog overlord. :lol:
  • [7:21] Phil is asked to share if he has any hints about upcoming projects. He says he might be doing something for Halloween, but only if the right email comes through. 🤔
  • [9:17] We get to see Norman Cam for the first and only time this liveshow.
  • [10:39] Phil introduces a new “Snail Cam Extreme.” Apparently, there are many snails in the tank, but the one in the clip is the biggest. At [12:52], he names this snail Shelby. While he’s choosing a name for the snail, this also happened (at [11:44])...wow:
    P: “Is it a girl or a boy?” I have no idea. Do you know, I haven’t learned how to sex snails in the--That sounds weird. That’s the thing. If you sex something, you check if it’s got a little snail penis. Erm. I don’t even know if they’ve got penises.
  • [12:09] Phil states that his grandmother’s name was Barbara.
  • [13:39] Phil is asked if he still plays Fortnite, and he says he’s moved on to Apex Legends. Sometimes he plays with Dan or other friends from up north. Phil says he only plays the character Gibraltar in the game. He’s the gay character, so Phil identifies with him. Someone in the chat questions whether Gibraltar is gay, and Phil says that someone told him a story about Gibraltar “leaving his husband behind or something.” Here is the relevant part of Gibraltar’s official lore from the Apex Legends website:
    Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two SARAS (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend stole his father’s motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.
  • [15:21] Phil says that he saw his internet friend Cat Valdes (catrific) for the first time in a long time the other day, and they got some fancy sushi.
  • [17:54] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: Thieves stole the rucksack of a university lecturer while he was giving a lecture. As it turns out, the lecturer was a snake expert, and the rucksack was full of snakes. Phil says this is an example of karma at work.
  • [28:00] Phil shares a dream he had the other night. He dreamt that he owned a seal, and half of the lounge was covered by a seal tank. Phil realized that the seal was getting too big to keep, so he decided that the seal needed to be put into the sea. He put the seal inside a tote bag and brought it to the sea. When he opened the tote bag, the seal didn’t want to go out. Phil started to feel really bad and started crying, but he threw it into the sea anyway. The seal tried to swim back, and Phil had a change of heart. He opened the tote bag for the seal to climb back in, but, just as it was about to reach the bag, it was carried out to sea for good. When Phil woke up, he was sad for a moment, but then he laughed because the dream was so ridiculous.
  • [31:20] Phil does an autumn (Yankee) candle haul with ratings. He shows the candles Ciderhouse (5/5 stars), Golden Chestnut (3.5/5 stars), Sweet Maple Chai (5/5 stars, though he hasn’t yet burned it), and Haunted Hollow (4/5 stars).
  • [35:44] Phil says, “lesbian rights.” He’s confused as to why people are so excited that he said that, but he’s amused when someone in the chat tells him that he’s the king of the lesbians. :lol:
  • [36:21] Phil reviews “Lights Up” by Harry Styles. He says he liked it, and he comments that it’s a very sexual music video. He says there’s lots of sweaty grinding at what appears to be an island party, and he quickly states that he’s never been to “one of those.”
  • [40:03] Phil tells his story about karma. At his apartment, there was a lady who was scared to ride the elevator. She was on crutches, so she couldn’t take the stairs. When she pressed the button, weird symbols had appeared, and the door wouldn’t open. At that moment, Dan texted Phil saying that there had been a power cut, so Phil figured that that was the reason for the issues. The lady wanted Phil to test the elevator for her, so she wouldn’t be afraid. Reluctantly, Phil agreed. In the end, the lady ended up coming on the elevator with him, and she safely got to her floor. Because of karma, Phil now believes that all elevator doors should always open for him when he presses the button.
  • [41:32] For the gaming segment of this liveshow, Phil plays a Flash game called Grow, which he says he used to play in school. At [43:59], Phil says “The demon made a little...Did it poop something? It made a purple poop.” And at [44:35], Phil says, “He’s made another poop.” I guess poop is going to be a regular topic of discussion on Phil's liveshows now. 💩
  • [48:32] Phil says he thinks there’s going to be a new video from him “next week.” However, it's only in the idea stage at this point.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?