Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Neons
spork

Count me as another who loved tonight's live show, I thought it was the most relaxed so far. He was on great form, so many things he said tonight made me laugh. I do keep wondering what the Halloween thing could be...

I never look at the chat but it's a shame to hear people were constantly mentioning Dan. I mean, I'm sure Phil's used to it by now, but I hope he knows people appreciate him as an individual too!
enomdy
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her

The liveshow was fun as usual.

On another topic, theres a ton of phannies rn on twitter (or my twitter feed at least) saying d&p are gonna get married on the 19th. Even if the demon phannie theories are right, they'll likely never reveal they are married lol
:betta: :sparkle: lol what :sparkle: :betta:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Thanks to Phil, I just went on a quest to find out if snails have penises. Turns out they all do. They are hermaphrodites. There is a lot more interesting snail mating info out there if anyone’s curious.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
kavat
pastel persona

I feel like the liveshows get more and more relaxed and unplanned. The first one was very structured and thought out, but this felt like he was mainly just winging it. I didnt get nervous energy from him, more frazzled or like he didnt prepare as much.

Loved him talking about the dog show, and that he took the ballon dog home! I can imagine him making a joke to Dan about stealing a dog.
knq
lava lamp

Whenever the chat is being irritating by asking Phil where Dan is I remember a 2012 liveshow I made some timestamps for, where Phil says he'll take a question, but "If it's "Where's Dan?" I'm gonna throw a pen at your face." He's certainly learned how to manage the chat more skillfully over the years.

Rather hypocritically, I also want to know where Dan is. I just have an acute sense of missing the them-ness they once shared with us this evening. Somehow seeing Phil makes it both better and worse. Phil mentioning Dan texting him affected me way too much.
bevioletsky
glabella

Quick morning thoughts on ls, probably repeating folks but also based on what’s been said: I didn’t rly notice much nervousness, he did mess up his words a lot more than usual but it didn’t seem particularly nervous to me. Cute that he kept a balloon he got from someone on Saturday. New video perhaps this week that he has an idea for, and maybe something he seems genuinely excited about for Halloween, nice. He seems to be on a roll work-wise. Phil bringing up that something’s gay on his own accord, also nice. Setting up lights for six hours does sound potentially moving-y. (Wherever it is, did I hear him mention an app or did I imagine that I bet they have cool smart lights that can change colours now and I’m jealous bc I’ve been wanting some but they’re a bit expensive for my budget. Maybe for Christmas. Anyway.) In principle I’m amused by the idea of a Dan-cam as everything else living in the house seems to now have one, but yeah maybe stop spamming. It’s not new behaviour though and exactly why I just fully ignore the chat always. I too wondered if he forgot to do #spon or just didn’t want to this time. Him waking up sobbing after a seal dream, aww but also kind of hilarious. Overall just pretty good stories and bants all around, I don’t know about others but I really enjoy these streams now and am very glad about their existence. An almost-hour goes by fast and doesn’t feel like a slump at any point. And there’s not much awkwardness like there was in the first one.

Him numbering these on LAP is interesting, does he have a set number of shows he wants to do, some kind a contract with younow perhaps (seems kinda likely because of the spon)? If so, will they continue beyond that? Or is he numbering them just because? Honestly I’m not too stressed about this point, I’ll take what I get, just thinking out loud.

Oh and, going back to Dan’s cameo, I think it’s highly iconic of Natalie to make Dan read Oscar Wilde specifically. I’m impressed with his ability to always make all his faves like him – not that he doesn’t deserve it, absolutely love that for him. Curious about what he’s up to and whether he’s got to any further in his thoughts of the future than ‘no idea’, and wondering if he did make a video exactly how inspired it’d be by the breadtubers - maybe just kind of to the extent of BIG? In it whatever influence there was felt very natural. Or would he actually like to try something even approaching the production levels of Nat’s videos (the new one is a lot and I hear Olly’s next one is going to be quite something as well). Still have a hard time seeing him busting out the citations at least. And really I would expect him to keep a more personal approach vs what leftubers often do because that’s what his videos have ultimately always been like, personality-based, and that’s cool because he is himself and not anyone else (wow truly eloquently put). He’s such a silent mystery these days so who knows. Maybe he should try to up Phil and finally do the candle haul video. Nope, not letting that go. In any case, I think what I wanted to say was that taking inspiration is great but I hope that he doesn’t put crippling amounts of pressure on himself with the whole wanting to impress people -business now that he’s got the attention of certain people, I know I’d be terrified. I’m sure he’s aware of all of this though. (I think I rambled again, I’m sorry. Quick thoughts, I say, and end up writing three paragraphs – I seem incapable of not typing out too many stupid thoughts once I begin. Wish academic text came to me half as easily.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I just wish dan would remember he’s an entertainer and entertain us at some point this year. I know BIG took a lot of time but since he’s made that video and spent some time away I’m really curious about how he’s going to proceed. Is he still going to try to be a comedian? Does he want to make commentary videos? Does he want to step away all together? There’s only two months left to the year so I guess we’ll know it soon if the one video is it for 2019.

On that note I’m soooo glad we have phil and that he seems to be newly inspired. His liveshows and videos keep improving and I think he’s shown that he’s still committed to making content.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

While I know the marriage stuff was just Twitter clowning as usual, I would like to point out that the date would be nice and symmetrical for wedding rings etc - 19/10/19. Just sayin. ;)

Re liveshow- I enjoyed it a lot! I don’t know if it’s better or worse when it has a bit less structure; it feels more like ‘the good old days’ but then there are more shoutouts etc, so eh. But it’s always just nice to see him, even if he is the KING of avoiding talking about things. (“What’s been keeping me busy? ...Lots of things!” PHIL PLS)

I never look at the chat so I didn’t see any of the stuff mentioned, but I’m not remotely surprised, and I doubt he is either after all this time. He had to expect it when he returned to liveshows.

If they are a limited number/set number for a ‘season’, I wish he’d say so now rather than get to the last one and drop a Xmas-liveshow-style bombshell. I expect him to take weeks off/move them sometimes when he has stuff on, and probably an extended break over Xmas/new year - but I hadn’t gotten the impression they were finite.

I almost don’t even want to mention the g*ming ch*nnel - I think it’s going the way of the Vegas video.

@bevioletsky summed up my thoughts on Dan’s content and plans really well, so I won’t repeat it all, but even when he was at his most fanboy he never changed his content to be more like Phil’s (the stuff they did together notwithstanding), even when Phil was the youtuber he admired most - so I hope he takes inspiration, sure, as he’s always done, but remains authentically himself and doesn’t start taking himself too seriously to impress people. (I think that authenticity is important to him though, so here’s hoping.)

I don’t know what he’s doing, obviously, and it’s possible he doesn’t either, but I have been feeling his absence a lot more lately, especially with Phil’s return to liveshows. When he said he was ‘back from the dead’ after BIG, with accompanying merch even, I thought he might actually, y’know, mean it. (Though I guess plans change and maybe his did.) Still kinda hoping they produce something last-minute together for Halloween but I’m most likely clowning myself. Watching all the Halloween baking vids over the weekend, as much as I love them, has me feeling very melancholy about joint content.

(Actually, the current Fortnite event reminds me of being in the phandom this year - everything people had loved ended, players left staring uncertainly at a silent black hole for an indeterminate amount of time, not knowing when or if it would return - and if it did, it would be completely different from anything that came before. In this essay I will)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
glitterintheair
phillluminati

If Phil uploads his video on Saturday I will never stop laughing.

RE: Dan. I am totally cool with Dan not releasing YT content, but damn do I miss him. I get it if he doesn't know what to do yet, or if he's working behind the scenes or if he's simply enjoying life off in the internet, but that doesn't change the fact that I really would do anything for something like a liveshow, for example. Liveshows would be a great way to still deliver content without the pressure of the quality threshold that he always applies to his videos and I wonder why he stopped, especially because he's someone who has Opinions and loves to shares them and I'll be honest - even though his solo liveshows always gives me anxiety, I miss them, I miss his rants and rambles.
(Ironically, when talking about dnp + liveshows, we were ready to bet that Phil would be the one not doing them anymore because it didn't seem like he actually enjoyed them that much but uh, look how things have changed).
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

It seems that waiting to watch Phil’s ls on YouTube works better for my mood and anxiety. The husband watched with me and we were both laughing out loud at several points, especially in the first half. Phil telling the chat to chill, asking if we deserved snail cam and proceeding to ask himself ‘what is my life’ were great.

For the person who asked, yes Phil was syncing the lights to an app, he ended up doing it bulb by bulb. :facepalm2:

Phil seemed to think that we would be able to figure out this potential Halloween project easily, but I have no clue.

Dizzy asked for Norman Cam analysis so I will try :betta:

Close ups of the tank are really just confusing to me, so many black parts. But one this is for sure, their bigger potted plant is still to the left of the tank. Of course they could have chosen the same setup or the footage could be old.

Snail cam seems more likely to be new. Again the tank is sitting near familiar objects like Bryony’s painting and Dan’s designer candles. Reflections are more prominent here. Looks like a sofa and doorway to me. :shrug:

What piques my interest is this light source. I don’t recall a lamp ever being near the painting, that’s where the games shelf was. Also the object in the bottom right corner, the dark part is one of the votive candles and I thought... wait that’s clearly a terrarium.

So uh all I’ve got is potentially different lighting. Hard to tell if the sofa is the same, I don’t see that headrest piece. Cool cool. Carry on.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Someone on twitter posted a picture of the candle haul and I couldn’t really tell but the reflection in the black candle looked different too
Neons
spork

Phil is asking for q&a questions in his latest YouTube story.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I wonder if the lack of preparedness is a response to the backlash from the first one being so segmented/scripted or if he just decided not to do all that prep every time because he didn't like it?

Also, I'm happy with a Q&A. Fill us in on that life shiz, bud. And hey... what if... you used the q&a to tell us you moved... ahaha, just kidding... unless??
liola
rankussy

What do I need to do for them to film a mukbang? Pay for the fucking food myself? I will do it Phil Lester, don't you think for one second I wouldn't pay for you to stuff your faces as long as you stuff my soul with joint content
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Is he doing a video or are the questions just for his story?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:55 pm Is he doing a video or are the questions just for his story?
Oh, it's for his story - whoops I didn't even read the entire message. Damn, I actually would have been happy with a Q&A video.
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:30 pm I wonder if the lack of preparedness is a response to the backlash from the first one being so segmented/scripted or if he just decided not to do all that prep every time because he didn't like it?
He might not have had enough time to organise more, what with his extensive day of trying to sort out his fancy lightbulbs :lol: and recovering from the dog agility course :dogue:
liola wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm What do I need to do for them to film a mukbang? Pay for the fucking food myself? I will do it Phil Lester, don't you think for one second I wouldn't pay for you to stuff your faces as long as you stuff my soul with joint content
Love this, yes please let's sort a phandom fundraiser for their mukbang :lol: :ribena: Imagine if that's the video idea for this week though, and he's playing it cool so it's a nice surprise :happytears:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

The last mukbang turns one year old tomorrow, so, y’know, a pretty good time...
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
autumnhearth
senpai

madzilla84 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:16 pm The last mukbang turns one year old tomorrow, so, y’know, a pretty good time...
Please this is all I want. I will never ask for anything else.

Woah we got a gaming video and domestic joint AP video in the same week a year ago? Damn we were spoiled.

Weird that he is answering questions on Instagram when he avoided so many yesterday :P
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I got bored and did timestamps.

:01 - Phil singing! Things I miss when I'm thirty seconds late loading the livestream.
:05 - Launching right into the dog show stories.
1:45 - He did come home with a dog! And it's the dog Emma gave him!
2:20 - He starts to talk about going to the dog show and gets distracted by a hair question. According to Phil, the camera lies about his hair color. Resumes story about how he was dropped off in the wrong spot and then he ended up walking someone's dog.
2:58 - Phil has no dense of sirection.
3:18 - Still strong with the dog stories. On to dog agility course.
4:04 - He put it on facebook and 'real life people that are my friends' were asking if he'd been practicing that. He was tempted to lie to them and say yes but truth prevailed. (Also I'm sure Dan would have sold him out.)
5:19 - Another video; golden retriever dog overlord summoning circle.
5:49 - His grandparents used to have "a lovely golden retriever" that growled at his brother but really liked him.
6:19 - No Norman Cam yet. Phil has to eke the clips out slightly.
6:30 - He doesn't normally drink tea but he's been drinking apple and cinnamon tea to soothe his sore throat. Also his mug has disappeared.
6:45 - He's been trying to set up lights in the apartment that connect to an app. It did not work. He's got possessed lights.
7:22 - He might be doing something around Halloween for a thing but he can't say. King of Vagueness.
8:15 - Throwback mention of when he went to the cat cafe. He remains unimpressed with that experience.
8:54 - The chat threatens rioting for Norman cam. It works.
10:36 - World First Frickin' Snail Cam
11:21 - He can't name all the snails but he's gonna name the chonky snail.
11:47 - Phil does not know how to sex snails. He has not checked to see if they have little snail penises. Shut up Phil.
12:03 - His mouth is not connected to his brain.
12:17 - Barbara was his grandma's name. Very old school name.
12:29 - You can't call a snail frog. It'll get confused and hop out of the tank and slither up his face while he sleeps.
12:43 - He wants a name that begins with s. He likes a good alliterative name.
12:55 - Chonky snail is named Shelby. It's perfect. It's got a shell. It's a snail.
13:33 - He makes the mistake of saying that it feels like a series of cams and he doesn't know what would be next. Cue the chat saying 'Dan cam' for the next 37 minutes straight.
13:41 - Phil has moved on from Fortnite; is obsessed with Apex Legends. Sometimes he plays with Dan or friends up north. He's bad but gets three or four kills per game, and also gives him heart palpitations.
14:17 - He mains Gibraltar exclusively. Gibraltar is the gay character. My conclusion drawn: Phil can't be bothered with any of that het shit in his video games.
15:17 - His tweet was preparing for the dog event, seeing Cat. Some musing on internet friends and the passage of time.
15:40 - They went for fancy sushi. Chopsticks update: he's still bad at them.
16:30 - Vagina sushi.
16:46 - Here's the dom!Phil of fanfic lore - he's getting firm with us. Giving us those orders. "Look. Try a vegetable sushi. Dip it in a little bit of soy sauce. Maybe a little bit of ginger. Put it in your mouth. And stop saying you hate it."
17:04 - He likes a spicy tuna roll, and the signature chef ones.
17:58 - New Story of the Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. Theme: karma. He's unprepared, but it's fine.
20:33 - Section where he reads viewer comments on karma.
24:57 - The green screen makes his hair look purple.
26:26 - Phil takes us on a literature analysis lesson by talking about whether or not the kids died in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
27:07 - He's gonna go watch charlieissocoollike and the Chocolate Factory and get back to us.
27:13 - He'd love to go back to Japan. He feels like he only touched the surface of Japan.
27:53 - He slept like a dog last night but couldn't sleep the night before because he was so excited about the dogs.
28:05 - He tells us about his seal dream and how he woke up sobbing about the seal. He was sad for a second then burst out laughing.
29:53 - Putting seals in tote bags while he's sleeping is keeping him busy.
30:15 - Cold remedy: lemon tea, a lot of sleep, watching GBBO.
30:46 - He'd like a corgi mixed with a shibe.
31:18 - He hasn't prepared for the spooky season, but he has autumn candles. Music is way too loud; post-production Phil promises the music gets quieter.
31:41 - Candle one: Ciderhouse. "Smells super apple-y and leafy. Like you've rubbed a leaf on an apple. Crisp apple-y day." Filled the room with a nice smell. He'd recommend it.
32:17 - Candle two: Golden Hazelnut. (Phil, it's not hazelnut.) Hazelnuts don't have smells. (Of course not. Because the candle is not hazelnut.)
32:30 - The music gets turned down.
33:11 - Phil realizes it is Golden Chestnut not Golden Hazelnut. He read it as hazelnut "like 47 times." Chestnuts do smell when roasted on an open fire. "Smells like sweet cake, like a pecan cake. But then it's got a musky undertone like an aftershave. It's quite a manly one. It smells like a manly aftershave mixed with a sweet cake." He'd call it chestnut musk. "Like a deep nutella." 3.5/5
34:16 - Candle three: Sweet Maple Chai. "Smells amazing. If you like the smell of coffee, you know like when you walk in and someone's brewed some coffee, it smells like that but it's got a sweet sugaryness to it as well. I really want to eat it." From sniff test, another 5/5.
34:42 - Candle four: Haunted Hollow. "It smells like smoke. It smells like smokiness and some herbiness. Like witch's sage or something." 4/5. He likes a good theme.
35:38 - Winner of the candle haul that is apparent a competition: Ciderhouse.
35:44 - Phil says "lesbian rights."
35:51 - Phil was terrible at GTA.
36:03 - Phil doesn't know why everyone is spamming him with lesbian rights but someone says he's the King of Lesbians and he seems quite pleased with that.
36:24 - Harry Styles opinions. Very sexual. Lots of sweaty grinding at an island party. He hasn't been to one of those. He doesn't know.
37:05 - Rights for everyone. Including Norman. Fish rights.
37:20 - He has not cosplayed before.
38:02 - RIP Goose Game. Epic servers were down.
39:00 - He dyed his hair about three weeks ago.
39:32 - Someone asks him what he's been doing today, he uses that question to transition into the gaming segment of the day.
40:05 - Phil tells us his karmic moment involving a lady, a power outage, and a lift.
41:33 - Phil plays Grow with viewer input.
46:49 - He'd be terrible at Minecraft. That'd be a mistake. (I agree.)
47:07 - He couldn't get close to the Shibe at the dog show because it had too big a fanbase.
47:50 - He starts wrapping it up and saying his goodbyes.
parallel
phabergé

enomdy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:36 am The liveshow was fun as usual.

On another topic, theres a ton of phannies rn on twitter (or my twitter feed at least) saying d&p are gonna get married on the 19th. Even if the demon phannie theories are right, they'll likely never reveal they are married lol
They wouldn't be able to hide a marriage unless they moved to a different country because marriages are public record in the UK. And I assume that if they just Haru'd it and one day we found a Deppy marriage certificate in the records without Dan and Phil explaining it, the entire Phandom would go apeshit. Basically, if they want to get married, they'd have to tell us (assuming they'd rather we hear it from them than from some legal documents).
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm I got bored and did timestamps.
33:11 - Phil realizes it is Golden Chestnut not Golden Hazelnut. He read it as hazelnut "like 47 times." Chestnuts do smell when roasted on an open fire. "Smells like sweet cake, like a pecan cake. But then it's got a musky undertone like an aftershave. It's quite a manly one. It smells like a manly aftershave mixed with a sweet cake." He'd call it chestnut musk. "Like a deep nutella." 3.5/5
Sorry but actually I think it was a 'dank nutella' musk' :P thank you for the timestamps, I like reading through the little snippets I missed e.g. his grandma is called barbara :D
autumnhearth
senpai

parallel wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm
enomdy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:36 am The liveshow was fun as usual.

They wouldn't be able to hide a marriage unless they moved to a different country because marriages are public record in the UK. And I assume that if they just Haru'd it and one day we found a Deppy marriage certificate in the records without Dan and Phil explaining it, the entire Phandom would go apeshit. Basically, if they want to get married, they'd have to tell us (assuming they'd rather we hear it from them than from some legal documents).
Not that I think they will get married (this week) but I don’t see it as a big deal in the post coming out universe. Yes we will all scream, but what is there to explain? They’re companions through life, whether they want to gain the legal benefits or to celebrate with a ceremony is just a thing on top of it. :shrug:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I wasn't able to catch it last night, but luckily liveshows make for excellent long video material to have on while doing my makeup in the morning. I really enjoyed it, just like the last 2. He seemed to not be as tight on the planned out segments anymore, allowing for a more natural flow while still remaining structured. He might've been a bit tired though, judging by the amount of word flubs? But not in an uncomfortable way and I didn't notice any nervousness. He seemed excited for the potential Halloween thing which was nice to see.

btw I'm absolutely delighted that he took the dog balloon home because it's one of the best gifts ever given to them tbh. Just imagine Phil coming home and showing Dan their new pet. Imagine the laughing and softness. Ugh.

Not to the point of rudely spamming Phil's liveshow chat but I do miss Dan. Would love for him to work on his own stuff rather than feature in BreadTube things. It's cool that he got noticed by them, but knowing the way compares himself to his peers and how that often seems to work against himself and his creativity... I haven't decided whether it's a good thing yet. Sometimes it's better to just be inspired from afar, but that's just not the way Dan does things or we all wouldn't even be here lmao.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr