Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

The video clips Phil posted are hilarious on their own, let alone when people photoshop weird shit into them. Can’t wait for this video! 😂

(Jacksepticeye made one of these earlier this year and one of the clips someone made was him slapping fetus Dan in the face lol)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:46 pm (Jacksepticeye made one of these earlier this year and one of the clips someone made was him slapping fetus Dan in the face lol)
You just made me realize this might be the closest we get to joint content this year, if he picks some clips with dan greenscreened in.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:46 pm The video clips Phil posted are hilarious on their own, let alone when people photoshop weird shit into them. Can’t wait for this video! 😂
honestly i think his video clips are worthy of a million views on their own lmao

Neons
spork

I really appreciate how much content Phil is giving us lately! He seems to be thriving just doing his own thing as a YouTuber now. I love him <3
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

had a quick look at the tag and the most common recurring theme is 'phil hates the hets' lmao
pretty certain he's not going to use any of those ones for the video though haha
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I only saw one of those, but I’ve only seen my own feed. It’s mostly him asleep on Harry Styles, Thor and Captain America’s ass ;) My ideas involve cheese, Thor, his hammer, sleeping puppies and a rainbow.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay this one made my entire night and dan's too apparently
(also does this answer the question of whether dan is going to be selecting them for phil? bc i strongly feel like it may lol)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

My god that is the best edit ever. Also glad, as always, to see Dan alive and acknowledging Phil exists.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:48 am My god that is the best edit ever. Also glad, as always, to see Dan alive and acknowledging Phil exists.
Biiiiig agree! Phil is really playing a risky game with this video, but I'm very excited for it. Also very much have my eyes on how massive that green screen wall is :foreverhome:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I wonder if Phil is going to just give up on monetization for this video since much of the amazing edits will be like that drag race one that contain a lot of stuff (britney spears song for example) that will get flagged by the google engine before they're even uploaded.
cocolero
squish

Time to dust off some of the danandpenises tumblr content.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:13 am
plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:48 am My god that is the best edit ever. Also glad, as always, to see Dan alive and acknowledging Phil exists.
Biiiiig agree! Phil is really playing a risky game with this video, but I'm very excited for it. Also very much have my eyes on how massive that green screen wall is :foreverhome:
I don't think it's that big actually. You can see little corners close to phil where the screen is a bit darker, those are the real edges I think. He probably just extended the colour afterwards to give more space for people to work with. At 27 seconds in, he does that little yelp? And you can see part of his hand disappear. He actually barely has space to really move in, which is probably why all of these clips are pretty restricted in their movement.

That drag race edit is amazing, can you even imagine one or both of them on that show :rainbowtears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Dan’s being dramatic about clothes tonight (gotta be dramatic about something, I guess ;) )
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

It took me so many tries to read that tweet correctly
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yes, a question mark and colon wouldn’t go amiss, but Danny’s creative flow cannot be constrained by such trifles as punctuation :roll:
blueapple_x
flower crown

Dan's tweet reminds me of when they played Best Fiends and posted to each other's twitters.

Rest in peace, DAPG.
parallel
phabergé

Someone please inform Dan what punctuation is. Please, I'm begging you.
stufflizloves
living flop

*whispers*

3 days, 3 tweets + interactions

don’t scare him away, loves. it’s possible he might have taken the “dan we miss you interact with us pls” requests to heart...???

(“i will not get used to it,” she said with love)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yeah, it’s quite a difference. He got quite a few comments on readability and requests for punctuation, but I didn’t see anything scary.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Does anyone have any stats on liveshow live viewers? I was rewatching a Dan ls from Nov. 7, 2017 and he mentioned there were 20,000 people watching. I seem to recall deppy getting around that for joint shows, but I didn’t realize Dan was getting that many solo. I noticed while watching Phil”s last ls he had around 2,000, which is what I think he was getting when he first started in 2012.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Susanisnotafish wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:14 am Does anyone have any stats on liveshow live viewers? I was rewatching a Dan ls from Nov. 7, 2017 and he mentioned there were 20,000 people watching. I seem to recall deppy getting around that for joint shows, but I didn’t realize Dan was getting that many solo. I noticed while watching Phil”s last ls he had around 2,000, which is what I think he was getting when he first started in 2012.
I don't have hard stats but I know both of the younow numbers dropped significantly when they started posting on youtube as well. I think there are a whole lot of people that watch live when they know that's their own chance, but prefer to wait and watch it on youtube later if that's an option, or that just wouldn't have watched otherwise but do watch when it's on youtube. His shows on youtube have been getting 40k to 100k on younow.
knq
lava lamp

I think the last liveshow had around 4,000 live viewers when it started. I remember it being similar to Rose and Rosie's viewer count, as they were broadcasting right before Phil. I would expect different viewership in 2017 compared to now, and also between solo Phil shows and solo Dan shows.

But also I'm annoyed there isn't anyway to look at their audience on YouNow over the years. Apparently 2,000 people in the chat was intimidating back in 2012 and my timestamps don't tell me much else. I want stats :(
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Both their solo liveshows used to get from 8k to 20k in 2015, 20k was common.
kavat
pastel persona

I always preferred when they streamed onto youtube as well, as younow is such an awful platform. On youtube you could hide the chat and didnt have to see all the stickers, and it felt more stable. I never send any messages so I always watched on yt or even tumblr when possible.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I know that Phil wasn’t the only YT’er sponsored but it’s nice to see him getting some promotion