Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

gif credit
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just reposting the Dan softness in the new thread...
obvsly
#relatable

"Oh gosh It started."

That's what I said when I saw the haiku story and resigned myself to third-wheeling the whole trip. I feel so soft for them as I just got back from Japan myself. (I was there during the big typhoon and all.)

Anyway, I missed the last live show as there was no way I could've been up at 4am my time. I guess I could find out if someone has uploaded it but I'd rather give phil the view (and adsense money.) Do you think he will still put it up on lessamazingphil? Now that they're in japan?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I woke up to Dan being a sap on main, bless Japan. Like others, I had googled that haiku because I was sure it was from a song or a quote from something. Dan really surprised me there (is this a good time to say that I’d choose writer!dan over stand up comedian!dan anytime?) - and idk that view with those words and the sound of Phil typing in the background is really a nice combo. And it’s very interesting to me how Dan always says how much he struggles with showing vulnerability but look how unapologetically happy he is and how much he seems to want to share it with the world.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

glitterintheair wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:29 am I woke up to Dan being a sap on main, bless Japan. Like others, I had googled that haiku because I was sure it was from a song or a quote from something. Dan really surprised me there (is this a good time to say that I’d choose writer!dan over stand up comedian!dan anytime?) - and idk that view with those words and the sound of Phil typing in the background is really a nice combo. And it’s very interesting to me how Dan always says how much he struggles with showing vulnerability but look how unapologetically happy he is and how much he seems to want to share it with the world.
Right? I both admire and fear Dan’s willingness to make himself vulnerable and seen.

Although I can’t think of what else it would be, to me the typing sounds too erratic and forceful, especially at the end, to be typing.

Regardless, it’s lovely to know Dan is feeling safe and that he wanted to share that. It reminds me a lot of his IG story during II, from the back of their car at night.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

To the tune of Dan singing ‘Niall is watching while you’re pooping!’, I now have ‘Phil has given us too much information!’
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I thought the sound in the background was the rain of a fire crackling in the fireplace I imagine they have in their super cool hotel room.
:gayaf:
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

That hat is so ugly, I hope they went to team lab the photos would be amazing.
Grey
lady door

I’ve never been so happy to be wrong. <3
I'm having a stress.
stufflizloves
living flop

me, knowing nothing about japan “an amusement park? phil can’t do rides!”

*googles*

“GIANT SKY WHEEL IN PALETTE TOWN”

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

im not going to make it, you guys
Judearaya
sofa crease

So. I am seeing so much on my tumblr dash in which people are approaching or framing this trip as a super romantic thing Phil did for Dan (or even just, Phil surprised him, Phil did the thing). And a part of me is like....what if Dan sprung this on Phil? Like, equally as cute. I could write 14 fanfics about how that might go alone, including "sorry guys I was partly quiet bc I was planning this fucking badass anniversary trip, pilgrimage to see the autumn leave in Japan for my guy."
alien
procrastinator

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:59 pm I thought the sound in the background was the rain of a fire crackling in the fireplace I imagine they have in their super cool hotel room.
Before I saw anyone talking about it I also thought the sound was a fireplace.
TinkerTaylor
phillion/danosaur <//3

Why is watching Dan stroke a gigantic balloon everything I needed today?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Phew, we’re living today, eh? Gorgeous photo of Dan, hilarious dad-esque one of Phil and both of them have got their ankles out for the lads. Dan looks so cuddly in that wool shirt.
Judearaya
sofa crease

flarequake wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm Phew, we’re living today, eh? Gorgeous photo of Dan, hilarious dad-esque one of Phil and both of them have got their ankles out for the lads. Dan looks so cuddly in that wool shirt.
Am I seeing things or is Dan barefoot? Like just wandering slowly in wonder, touching things and being in this crazy lovely sensory place??!! I can't. :happytears: :rainbowtears:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It honestly feels like Christmas rn. :ravetree:
stufflizloves
living flop

Judearaya wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm
flarequake wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:01 pm Phew, we’re living today, eh? Gorgeous photo of Dan, hilarious dad-esque one of Phil and both of them have got their ankles out for the lads. Dan looks so cuddly in that wool shirt.
Am I seeing things or is Dan barefoot? Like just wandering slowly in wonder, touching things and being in this crazy lovely sensory place??!! I can't. :happytears: :rainbowtears:
they both appear to be barefooted in the...colored...ball...zone (??) and in similarly pushed up joggers (?) idk, maybe something the museum had them change into (??) i am at a loss too but something about it makes it feel soft, magical, and childlike but also futuristic, cool, and super arty...bascailly so so so dan and phil. idk i’m a puddle on the floor today. they have killed me.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hmmmm is it a filter or is Phil back to black...
Judearaya
sofa crease

stufflizloves wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:13 pm
Judearaya wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm
they both appear to be barefooted in the...colored...ball...zone (??) and in similarly pushed up joggers (?) idk, maybe something the museum had them change into (??) i am at a loss too but something about it makes it feel soft, magical, and childlike but also futuristic, cool, and super arty...bascailly so so so dan and phil. idk i’m a puddle on the floor today. they have killed me.
I missed Phil's feet on first watch. So much pretty to stare at here from them. I can't with the last bit of Dan's story. Like, hey everyone btw we're lovely and soft and filming each other and giggling and are full of wonder oh and we're super gay. <3
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

okay. today's ig stories are already everything i needed from their holiday. they look so happy! the giant ferris wheel, dan posing with a hat (he sure loves posing with hats, throwback to the 'yeet' cowboy hat from joshua tree), them filming each other at the teamlab planets tokyo exhibition :love2: i was watching the japan ditl earlier today and now seeing their stories today is really driving home how much they've grown over the past 4 and a half years but also how much they've stayed the same...
edit: okay the stories keep coming. space said gay rights. i feel blessed. :rainbowsparkle:
Last edited by bluecaterpillar on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The pushed up trousers remind me of their old knee-length tight shorts and, boy, I liked those.

I think Phil has gone back to black, though there’s still a stray white one peeking through.
bevioletsky
glabella

These are the kind of stories I expected from them (because they’re more or less what we got last year or during the LA/desert trip) but I still wasn’t prepared for how I would feel. Like I’m wholly incapable of articulating how much I’ve missed this. Actual tiny video clips of them interacting? Gay stars? I’ll end up an emotional wreck if they keep this up for at least two weeks – even if they’re completely silent for some of the days. Time for me to go question my emotional attachment to them and cry I guess.
TinkerTaylor
phillion/danosaur <//3

There's so much I should be doing right now, but I have to mention how much I love Phil's little "Awww" after Dan makes the gay star. :love2:
liola
rankussy

I am OVERWHELMED by how beautiful and happy and gay they are!!! They're in love!!! And happy!!! And gay!!! Enjoying Japan!!! I'm crying!!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Secretstanner
truth bomb

This is too overwhelming. I was on edge all last night stupidly thinking any minute they could post on stories, at least I know that they will wait until the end of their day to post everything.I really really don’t want to get use to this content I made it through 11 months but I am gonna enjoy this while it lasts. That story of dan saying “Lets make some gay stars” and phil saying “yes” did something to me, I had to lock my phone roll over and push my face into my duvet. It’s so weird that it feels like they have been out forever, like it was always a thing then I think it’s not even been half a year it’s too much to handle. We’re being so spoiled I ain’t gonna know how to act!