Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Didn’t they combine the shops last year for Christmas? I think they did. Makes you wonder if it is possible, why not do it all year round? Maybe they will.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

This immediately took me to 5:19 of this video:

"get you somebody... 'cause I sure did"
:rainbowtears:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I would love for them to combine shops but last year it made sense because they were still dan and Phil and this year has been all about them having their separate thing but it would be smart for them to use the joint shop for something and maybe clear out more of the dnp merch. They’ll probably just throw in another signed picture and make it work
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I must say I was very surprised when I got an email from danandphilshop when I had assumed that the Dan and Phil brand was as good as dead. But with the newsletter and the re-addition of DAPS to Phil's video description, I am starting to think they're up to something...

Also, probably a ridiculous detail to be happy over, but I love how the newsletter is signed "Dan and Phil". To think that they wrote that newsletter together :)
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I think what they’re up to is starting the run up to the holidays and wanting to sell off as much old stock as they can as well as promote their solo new stuff; Dan has one more merch launch coming and maybe Phil will have something out for Christmas as well, so it *would* be nice if they combined the shipping for the holidays, but I don’t know if that’d be too much for the separate branding thing they have going on now (which seems to extend to Japan joint selfies. Sirs ... please... I’m begging you ... just one). I wonder what’ll happen to D&P shop in the new year? I feel like they wouldn’t close it entirely Just In Case, but you never know these days.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
uwu
phillion/danosaur <//3

This is completely off topic, but does anyone else occasionally get random dnp quotes stuck in their head? Like, whenever I can't find my phone charger, my brain immediately defaults to, "WHERE IS MY PHONE CHARGER?" "I put it inside a horse!" from pinof 8. If I'm exasperated, my mind might suddenly decide to go, "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SAID OH CAN A MATCH BOX NO BUT A TIN CAN" from the impossible quiz.
And the word "yee" is now only Phil's voice in my brain.
though you may not know where your gifts may lead, and it may not show at the start, when you live your dream,
:love1: :love2: :love1: :love2: you'll find destiny is written in your heart :love1: :love2: :love1: :love2:
knq
lava lamp

I’ll be over here, dying a quiet death as Phil walks backwards while Dan follows filming him. (And so will Phil, knowing him.)

They look so happy :happytears:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

They're kind of really adorable and it kind of really hurts my heart in the best way :rainbowtears:
liola
rankussy

What are they so in love and happy for? Who gave them the right?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
glitterintheair
phillluminati

knq wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:45 am I’ll be over here, dying a quiet death as Phil walks backwards while Dan follows filming him. (And so will Phil, knowing him.)

They look so happy :happytears:
I am so obsessed with that ig story, I can’t stop watching it. There’s just something so fond on Phil’s face I can’t even describe it. :happytears:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
stufflizloves
living flop

oof. my favorite this round is the lit up view from the mountain at night. even if it was an accident and maybe slightly spooky, it also looked hella romantic.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

likeinlatin
smol bean

Phil!!!

Seeing them do LGBT stuff now and using their platforms makes my heart happy :')
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

likeinlatin wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:20 pm Phil!!!

Seeing them do LGBT stuff now and using their platforms makes my heart happy :')
It's great isn't it? Also OMG I got a Phil like for my tweet about listening on the train back from Manchester! :happytears:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phil tweeted that just as I was about to head to work... perfect timing!

I listened to his episode and am honestly all kinds of teary-eyed. So happy for him and proud that he’s getting involved in LGBTQ+ projects. Just, ugh. Phil. Ily bb.

BRB gonna go listen to the rest of the podcast tbh.
noodlebum
flower crown

Podcast was so good, really interesting stuff. Listened to the Harry Stokes one too, and going to listen to the others after work :) Well done Phil!
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

Yay! I'm so happy to see Phil do something like this. It's really nice to see him being finally free to talk about stuff like this and do these kinds of projects.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I'm in tears!
:gayaf:
obvsly
#relatable

I really wish phil would do more podcasts or take on another radio show. He has such a pleasant voice for it. So proud of him for doing this!
Neons
spork

Yes yes yes Phil :prideheart2: Just when I thought my love for him was at bursting point! I found his voice so soothing listening to it as well.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'll listen to it after I get back from work tonight but I'm so excited for Phil that he gets to do things like this now. :wavingflag:

And I'm exited for myself that I get to listen to his wonderful voice. A podcast really would be the dream.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bevioletsky
glabella

I love that someone thought to ask Phil to present one of these episodes, and I love that he said yes. I still find it so cool and amazing that this is something he can now do. Or that either of them can. I recommend listening to the rest of the episodes as well, they’re all super concise and easy to listen to, and you get to learn tiny bits of queer history of a city. I doubt I would’ve stumbled upon them otherwise, so thanks Phil ✨

(Oh yeah, I liked his introduction and the way he tied it to the subject but I wish he would’ve clarified his connection to Manchester like the other presenters seemed to do. I mean I know what it is, but a random person listening to it probably wouldn’t. Not a criticism really, just a note!)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

That was a good surprise from Phil this morning. He just keeps surprising me lately!

I’m loving all of the Japan content and I’m thinking they delayed content by a day- maybe they wanted a day to themselves but I appreciate they still took the time to share something today.
I honestly don’t know how I’m going to go back to the sporadic updates when they’re home. This feels different than Vegas in that they’ve went out of their way to post multiple times every day so I have hopes things won’t go back to how they were.
stufflizloves
living flop

Amiaw wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:31 pm I honestly don’t know how I’m going to go back to the sporadic updates when they’re home. This feels different than Vegas in that they’ve went out of their way to post multiple times every day so I have hopes things won’t go back to how they were.
i think the thing that’s trickier when they’re in London is: they live there. in Japan it’s so easy for them to say “hey we visited this temple it’s super pretty” “hey we ate here and it’s life-changing” because there’s no risk—once they’ve visited, they won’t return. but if they share the same, every day equivalent there’s inherently more risk of intrusion. a restaurant that they frequent feels less safe; the starbucks phil dips down to for an afternoon sugar fix is no longer anonymous. (i mean, to be fair, maybe people already know this information. but it isn’t—and shouldn’t be—fair game info.)

i also feel like they’ve drawn a pretty firm line in between “personal” and “professional/public” space this year. days that they’re in the apartment for days on end, playing video games and working on projects, etc seem to be in the “not shared” box. i’m just SO grateful that a clearly personal vacation has yielded so much share-worthy posts. i like to think that they feel more comfortable sharing on igstory since it doesn’t live on the platform forever (even if it will inevitably live on the internet forever.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really wanna spam with all of today's content but there's so much that I'll stick some of them under the spoiler.