Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Thanks rizzo! :)

I have a degree in maths and this joke was more convoluted than most of it.

EDIT: bringing this cuteness to the new page
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the wordplay in Dan's math joke. Like, he really does think about how to make jokes and connect them to a whole existing meme conversation. Maybe ya'll been knew about that, but this particular joke really was entertaining (once I understood it) for me and made me really appreciate how his brain works.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 pm
poweroftriangles wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm Anyone care to translate???
Dan and Phil constantly quote this video ("DISGOSTANG!"):

So it's a play on that, with that accent (see: "tae" instead of "the") and then he turned it into a ridiculous math joke. SIN COS TAN instead of DISGOSTANG.

It's basically Dan being... Dan. I hate and love him. :lol:
As someone that didn't remotely get this joke, bless you. I just kept seeing people assume it had something to do with BTS and that confused me further. (Or maybe they got the joke and just wanted to make Tae references anyway, which, fair enough.)
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Judearaya wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 pm
Listen, I am DOWN for silver fox, free the grey Phil. Or go back to black. I mean you could do any color and I'd love you.

ALSO how DARE Dan be so precious as to try to pet a deer??? (I was talking about this with someone and like, the Michigander in me is all DON'T TOUCH THE DEER, TICKS OMG!" Which I realize may not be a thing in Japan, IDK)
I agree with you about the hair- set the silver free!

And as a fellow Michigander I was also horrified by the deer petting attempt. Do you want lyme disease? Cause that's how you get lyme disease. But maybe the deer in Japan are tick-free?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, what a delightful video. Who the heck left that in and uploaded it? Cripes. Well, it’s good to understand the joke at last.
Judearaya
sofa crease

CapriciousCrab wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:32 pm
Listen, I am DOWN for silver fox, free the grey Phil. Or go back to black. I mean you could do any color and I'd love you.

ALSO how DARE Dan be so precious as to try to pet a deer??? (I was talking about this with someone and like, the Michigander in me is all DON'T TOUCH THE DEER, TICKS OMG!" Which I realize may not be a thing in Japan, IDK)
I agree with you about the hair- set the silver free!

And as a fellow Michigander I was also horrified by the deer petting attempt. Do you want lyme disease? Cause that's how you get lyme disease. But maybe the deer in Japan are tick-free?
Yeah I was speaking to fondestphan about this, because we have a little thicket in our backyard that a family of deer like to bed down in. And they're cute! The little babies are cute! But half the time I don't even want my kids back there bc I am sure it's all tick city back . Maybe it's a Brittish thing?

Ok update on that I did research it it was killing me, there is Lyme disease in the UK and Japan although it seemed, upon my cursory 5 second glance that it's mostly in one area. The end note here being really, Dan why are you petting a deer???
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

too real
TinkerTaylor
phillion/danosaur <//3

I did some investigating and I've found that the Nara deer don't have Lyme Disease, but they can carry ticks: "Ticks can live on the deer and then transfer to your body."

All I'm saying is that they better strip down and examine one another.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I bought Phil’s new hoodie as an impulse and fully intended for it to be a pajama/lounging top but he makes it look good so I’m excited to get it now. Wearing it in a beautiful setting like Japan is some good advertising
noodlebum
flower crown

I love those deer videos oh my life, Phil being surrounded and told to assert his dominance, then just running away haha, love it. Also I stroke deer oops.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm not sure what it is about them but I've watched today's instagram stories more than any other days, I think.

I just. :( love them. :(
stufflizloves
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:26 pm I'm not sure what it is about them but I've watched today's instagram stories more than any other days, I think.

I just. :( love them. :(
i have watched them more than the others too. i'm not sure what it is either? because at first i thought it was the cohesive "us"-ness of it..but everything we've gotten thus far from japan has been seeped with an "OUR travels TOGETHER" vibe, so it can't be that exclusively. i think maybe today's clips felt the most familiar to me (they reminded me so much of their visit to the Australian wildlife preserve), and that familiarity feels very comforting to me. i can't explain it.

i wonder if it's a presumptuous leap to think they're traveling to another city currently since Phil is spending time on Twitter midday?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Speaking of Phil and twitter -
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Today's parade of cute! At least what updatedphan has uploaded so far. The fortune stuff deserves a post of its own though tbh.
Ones that are just scenery under the cut.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Well done, Dan, on that cheesecake :breakfast: (this emoji because the waffle is human-sized). I wanted to know which ice cream Phil got, though. Give us the deets, Philly! Lovely pictures of the city.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

is he a disney princess or a woodland creature? i can't decide but either way the vibes are strong with this one
flarequake
not an airport stalker

He’s a beautiful boy either way, but Disney prince... Thomas Sanders would approve.
stufflizloves
living flop

those pictures are such beautiful quality. i wonder if those apple nerds got the new phone? it almost looks like they were taken with a dlsr, the way you can differentiate the tones of the black...(also makes me agonize over why dan won’t break his monochrome aesthetic for a navy blue once in a while...he so suits it.)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Honestly not sure how I spent my entire life before those photos. My skin is clear and my crops are thriving. So pretty. ;-;
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really hope Dan sees this one, it's too perfect.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Let’s talk fortunes...
I’m LIVING for that middle one. :lol:
starwatersong
phabergé

Does Dan have two phones in the series of deer pictures?
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I have a couple of comments. I am enjoying the content first thing when I wake up every morning.
Also: I am not sure how I feel about Dan’s shirt lmao. Not vibing with it. He’s making some fashion choices this trip.
Also: Dan took his earring out of his right ear... I wonder why? Is it b/c of gay associations + being in Japan?
UPDATE: the earring is still there. I just didn’t see it
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

As much as I’m enjoying Japhan 2.0, I kind of hope they get home in time for a Phil liveshow Sunday. I just prefer long form content I guess.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell