Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:04 pm The COPPA guidelines and plan sound so backwards.

I came here to ask a specific question and in gathering the info I answered it myself so I’ll ask another. Since they are back, did anyone find the (presumably) hotel where Dan did his voter registration psa from? The materials are very distinct. Also dang there are some gorgeous luxury and boutique hotels in Tokyo.
Ooh, I'm curious too.

I also wonder if Phil will give us more outtakes/picture highlights in the liveshow that I desperately hope he's going to have this weekend?
Judearaya
sofa crease

COPPA?
liola
rankussy

Judearaya wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:39 pmCOPPA?
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. Recently Youtube got a big fine because the way they advertise content for children was in violation of the act, which turned into them changing the rules for channels with content for children and with children (especially family vloggers) in terms of views, monetization and especially blocking ways for people to engage with the content itself. It's a big mess
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oooooooooooooooooh........
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That author's page photo tho, amirite? ;)
liola
rankussy

AUTHOR PIC AUTHOR PIC AUTHOR PIC AUTHOR PIC AUTHOUR PIC

CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

It doesn't look like merch so maybe it is an author pic?!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Before we all get TOO excited, I just want to slide in and also say Black Friday is in 2 days and his background is red so.... it could very well be more merch.

I'm just hoping for cooler because... eh. Why not.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

From his hint I think it’s pajamas and maybe related to the festive drink poll his did a while ago!
knq
lava lamp

Wow! How did you all immediately get to an author photo? Am I missing something obvious?

It's interesting because usually Dan takes Phil's merch photos. Phil's hint does make me think it's merch though. Pajamas?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:48 pm Before we all get TOO excited, I just want to slide in and also say Black Friday is in 2 days and his background is red so.... it could very well be more merch.

I'm just hoping for cooler because... eh. Why not.
I don't normally like to offer concrit but I feel like we're close enough that I can be comfortable publicly informing you that you misspelled "author pic author pic AUTHOR PIC" in this post.

(ok yes he ruined this joke before I could post it but yolo)
knq wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm Wow! How did you all immediately get to an author photo? Am I missing something obvious?

It's interesting because usually Dan takes Phil's merch photos. Phil's hint does make me think it's merch though. Pajamas?
If Phil is selling coffee, then god damnit he's got my money.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

He replied to someone with emoji hints so maybe it is merch...

Ooh, could he be making something edible like coffee or hot cocoa?
liola
rankussy

Never mind he tweeted emojis that make me think festive pajamas which isn't bad but also why would he book a professional photoshoot for merch I'm confusion

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:53 pm Never mind he tweeted emojis that make me think festive pajamas which isn't bad but also why would he book a professional photoshoot for merch I'm confusion
It's pajamas but they're booty shorts and he didn't trust Dan to make it through the photoshoot intact so he had to bring in professionals.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm
liola wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:53 pm Never mind he tweeted emojis that make me think festive pajamas which isn't bad but also why would he book a professional photoshoot for merch I'm confusion
It's pajamas but they're booty shorts and he didn't trust Dan to make it through the photoshoot intact so he had to bring in professionals.
Mandy, do you want me to cry? Because I know we'll never get Phil in booty shorts and now I'm sad
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Do we know that it's more professional than in the past? Is it because of the background? Or do we know that the woman who did them before whose name I can't remember didn't send photos in the same kind of way as he's indicating in the tweet?
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:55 pm
You cruel woman, putting that image in my brain, I am fragile you know?
Templeofshame wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Do we know that it's more professional than in the past? Is it because of the background? Or do we know that the woman who did them before whose name I can't remember didn't send photos in the same kind of way as he's indicating in the tweet?
I'm assuming because the background and lighting looks professional and also someone sending pictures indicate a professional working outside the usual realm of Phil's photoshoots aka Dan taking them, which wouldn't be something he would need to send over.

Unless of course it was just a figure of speech because Phil wanted to share that pic as a tease, but it still looks different to me than usual

Amiaw
interactive introvert

Don’t they usually have the photos on a computer right there when they’re doing the photo shoot at irl? They’ve showed clips of photo shoots before where people were viewing photos as they were being taken?
Idk just seems different to his usual merch shoots
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I need Phil's release to be coffee or hot chocolate because (hint, hint, hint) we're posting something here on IDB tomorrow that might give you plenty of options for drinkware.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:11 pm I need Phil's release to be coffee or hot chocolate because (hint, hint, hint) we're posting something here on IDB tomorrow that might give you plenty of options for drinkware.
Ohhh this is extremely exciting!!!!

But yeah I think he might be doing some cozy festive merch.

I appreciate the Norman update too, and in that same vein I'm 99% sure Phil's gonna do a liveshow this Sunday, which makes me extremely pumped for literally whatever he could talk about in it.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Templeofshame wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 pm
FWIW I was talking about the times Tina Miguel did their photography, not Dan. Potentially most memorable for the behind the scenes shot where people thought Phil was wearing a wedding ring? I don't know how/when they viewed the photos from those shoots personally but it could well be that it was immediate.
liola
rankussy

I mean it could be the same photographer but still, different means for pics. The IRL ones were company shoots to have a professional look for the rebrand, it's just not something Phil has done for his solo merch which is interesting

noodlebum
flower crown

Didn't he put up an instastory poll a couple of months ago saying something along the lines of 'which would people prefer, hot chocolate or coffee?'. Sounds like one of those plus pyjamas for winter merch to me for sure :)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

With my post I meant that when they do photo shoots they are usually able to see the photos right away - they have the laptop set up like here for dan So wouldn’t he have already seen the photo? He probably just worded his tweet that way because he needed a way to announce new merch and it was the most ‘Phil’ way to do it but still curious as to why he’s decided to do the professional photo shoot this time
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:24 pm I mean it could be the same photographer but still, different means for pics. The IRL ones were company shoots to have a professional look for the rebrand, it's just not something Phil has done for his solo merch which is interesting
Not to be beating a dead horse on this, it doesn't really matter whether it's Tina Miguel or not, but she took a range of IRL merch photos including the group shot, but also the "My Soul" line, a Dan one from March 2018, Lucy Moon and Dean Dobbs merch, headshots for IRL employees, and apparently the advent calendar 2 years ago? Also a Cornelia album cover.

Her IG does not show evidence of her taking any solo Phil merch photos in the past.

(Also she may well show them the photos immediately, I have no idea.)