Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:20 pm I’m trying to care less but... logically it makes sense for Phil to film there, especially as it seems like they moved Dan’s desk and stuff to the living flat (as seen in the bts of the planet merch shoot). The corners check out for that space and good catch with the rectangular thing. The only thing that doesn’t work with that location is this:
As that’s the wall the glass door is on (though there is a section of plain wall, as seen in the still image of Dan’s filming space, which is behind their Muse poster.) The closet position is why most recently I thought it was in the gaming room, but then that doesn’t work with the second corner. So I’m stumped :shrug:

I enjoyed Phil’s video, bless him for showing us that domestic interaction. Loved him in the sequin skull sweater and his hair is lovely.
i'm pretty sure there actually is a wardrobe/cupboard on that wall of the dinof room though. you can see the edge of it quite clearly on the left at 5:40 of trying to live my truth. it's also kind of visible at various points in viewers pick my outfits when phil comes through the curtains in each outfit.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Biggest plot twist of the year was dnp going to the museum with Wirrony
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Amiaw wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:48 pm Biggest plot twist of the year was dnp going to the museum with Wirrony
Yeahhhh like Bryony blink twice if you need help, we got you girl.

Anyway, I do like the influx of stories, and Dan and Phil giggling in that porthole one has my heart today <3
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Hi moody :)

As someone who likes to spend time wandering museums, I love when they go to art museums and share some of their photos with us. Gives me a glimpse of places and shows I'll probably never see.

Interesting that B and W were both there! Wonder what's up on that front?
stufflizloves
living flop

CapriciousCrab wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 pm Interesting that B and W were both there! Wonder what's up on that front?
👀👀👀👀
truly surprised by that one too. ..hm...
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

stufflizloves wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:02 pm
CapriciousCrab wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 pm Interesting that B and W were both there! Wonder what's up on that front?
👀👀👀👀

I'm out of the loop, why is this surprising?
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Someone asked Tyler about a collab with Dan and this was his reply. I hope this is just Tyler stirring the pot and he’s not serious. If dan collabs with Tyler before we get a proper video I won’t be happy
stufflizloves
living flop

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:07 pm
👀👀👀👀

(y’all correct me if i don’t have this totally right...i’m not a perfect phandom historian)

bryony and wirrow were together for a very long time (before dnp? maybe? i didn’t follow b when she was on youtube as paperlilies ) but they were dnp’s go-to doubledates in london: they went on holiday together, they went to dinner together, they had many group/family dinners together. and then there was a general assumption that they split up. (i think well founded? they don’t lead as public lives as dnp and also i believe value their privacy a lot so i don’t want to overstep boundaries) anyway, it was sort of a who-gets-custody/kip-from-friends situation where, at least from my perception, bryony seemed to sort of triumph? tho i guess it’s hard to say...have we ever seen wirrow? i was under the impression that he keeps a rather anonymous artist profile.

anyway. not like we would know anyway since it’s very much not our business, but i didn’t know that b + w still interacted. this is def the first time they’ve been mentioned together with dan & phil since ending their relationship...right?

(that was a lot and i’m not sure it’s all correct...again, i feel more weird about this because i know both b & w seem to value their privacy/i think phandom has been invasive before. i don’t want to give that impression or encourage that, ya know??)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I may be wrong but wasn’t it thought that wirrow and bryony went to a birthday dinner for Phil in 2018? Wirrow responded to someone on twitter about wrapping a gift or liked a tweet about it being for Phil and then someone spotted them at a restaurant?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

stufflizloves wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:34 am
Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:07 pm
👀👀👀👀

(y’all correct me if i don’t have this totally right...i’m not a perfect phandom historian)

bryony and wirrow were together for a very long time (before dnp? maybe? i didn’t follow b when she was on youtube as paperlilies ) but they were dnp’s go-to doubledates in london: they went on holiday together, they went to dinner together, they had many group/family dinners together. and then there was a general assumption that they split up. (i think well founded? they don’t lead as public lives as dnp and also i believe value their privacy a lot so i don’t want to overstep boundaries) anyway, it was sort of a who-gets-custody/kip-from-friends situation where, at least from my perception, bryony seemed to sort of triumph? tho i guess it’s hard to say...have we ever seen wirrow? i was under the impression that he keeps a rather anonymous artist profile.

anyway. not like we would know anyway since it’s very much not our business, but i didn’t know that b + w still interacted. this is def the first time they’ve been mentioned together with dan & phil since ending their relationship...right?

(that was a lot and i’m not sure it’s all correct...again, i feel more weird about this because i know both b & w seem to value their privacy/i think phandom has been invasive before. i don’t want to give that impression or encourage that, ya know??)
It's pretty accurate yeah. From the little things people picked up (Bryony ranted about the breakup a little on a different account) the breakup wasn't pretty, hence the surprise that they're hanging out together again. Actually, since last year D&P have mainly been hanging out with Bryony, so a lot of people assumed that D&P weren't as tight anymore with Wirrow.
Amiaw wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:56 am I may be wrong but wasn’t it thought that wirrow and bryony went to a birthday dinner for Phil in 2018? Wirrow responded to someone on twitter about wrapping a gift or liked a tweet about it being for Phil and then someone spotted them at a restaurant?
They didn't break up until later in the year afaik.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
firsttimeposter
living flop

Amiaw wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:15 pm Someone asked Tyler about a collab with Dan and this was his reply. I hope this is just Tyler stirring the pot and he’s not serious. If dan collabs with Tyler before we get a proper video I won’t be happy
I’ve been rewatching old dan and tyler collabs and honestly!! I would love to see them make a comeback, even if dan doesn’t make a video on his own channel - I feel like, whichever form he wants to take on YouTube, he can. I’d just be happy to see him, and Tyler + dan was always SO fun. But uh I feel like it def is just tyler trying to hint at something that won’t happen, cause even if I really want it, I can’t imagine dan would make a comeback like this.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Sounds to me like something he’d happily do, but probably isn’t in the pipeline at all :shrug:
parallel
phabergé

If Dan's YouTube comeback was through a Tyler Oakley collab that would be so chaotic and quite hilarious tbh. I would love another Dan/Tyler collab, but Dan does need to start making regular solo videos again before he starts making collabs with other YouTubers (other than Phil, I suppose, since that's always been a thing on YouTube)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I almost agree, you’d think he’d do solo videos before collabs, but tbh at this point I don’t put anything past Dan and if he wants to collab, if that’s more comfortable, idk, then I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. I’ll be surprised to see him in another video at all after the fresh gap since BIG and the way he’s mentioned what he’s working on now/doing next, but I’d also be very happy to be surprised cos I love his style of solo content. Who knows, though, maybe anything non-video would be so much better or different that we’ll all love it, especially when he’s happy and comfortable with it (as I hope he has been at least most of the time on YouTube as well).
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Re: Phil’s filming space
I think he just went and engineered an impossible room just to fuck with us. :shrug:

I thought the video was pretty good, though I don’t love Wish videos. Its a suspiciously cheap marketplace of over-consumption so I’m not a fan of youtubers buying things from there and seemingly endorsing it...
dogsaremybestfriends
squish

I'd personally love to see another Tyler and Dan collab, whether or not Dan had uploaded before that point or not. I highly doubt it'll happen though. Tyler, why do you tease us this way? :wahh:
noodlebum
flower crown

Are we counting this as a joint selfie? :shrug: :lol:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Idk I think my issue with a Tyler collab is that if he did that before his comeback to YouTube or even a video with Phil is that his whole explanation of why he stopped making sillier videos is because they didn’t allow him to grow and that’s not who he is anymore. It would seem a step back for him to do that after everything. Also, the reason I see most people wanting another Tyler collab is because of the jokes and how comfortable dan was but hasn’t dan been telling those jokes and being more comfortable since BIG anyway? I’m ready for something different from him too.
autumnhearth
senpai

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:19 pm Re: Phil’s filming space
I think he just went and engineered an impossible room just to fuck with us. :shrug:

I thought the video was pretty good, though I don’t love Wish videos. Its a suspiciously cheap marketplace of over-consumption so I’m not a fan of youtubers buying things from there and seemingly endorsing it...
Ya know I was thinking the same earlier yesterday, but thanks to bluecaterpillar pointing out the closet, the old dinof glass closet ticks off all the boxes. It’s funny, a couple of months ago I thought I was so sure about several things, but it turns out I know nothing. And that’s probably for the best.

And big agree about Wish as a website.

The photo Wirrow took is so lovely.

noodlebum
flower crown

I just realised Dan and Phil are in that photo, not sure how I missed them before.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The Phleeep has spoken, liveshow at 8 their time!
Christmassy Cacti! I hope you enjoyed my new video and sorry if I traumatised you with the Nicholas cage joggers/teeth.

I'm doing a live show around 8PM and my question for you tonight is.. invent a new 2020 fashion trend you think will catch on? I already predicted ear tints so maybe we can discover the future! Let me know in the comments below. You can watch me at http://links.younow.com/amazingphil

In other news I just completed Pokemon Shield (main story)! My sobble did me proud. I've also completely finished B99 so I'm going to be rocking back and forth in a corner until it comes back.

It's starting to feel very Christmassy over here now! The tree is up! Norman's tank has been decorated! I have officially eaten a mince pie! 🎄✨

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Phleeep
AmazingPhil
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:00 pm The Phleeep has spoken, liveshow at 8 their time!
Christmassy Cacti! I hope you enjoyed my new video and sorry if I traumatised you with the Nicholas cage joggers/teeth.

I'm doing a live show around 8PM and my question for you tonight is.. invent a new 2020 fashion trend you think will catch on? I already predicted ear tints so maybe we can discover the future! Let me know in the comments below. You can watch me at http://links.younow.com/amazingphil

In other news I just completed Pokemon Shield (main story)! My sobble did me proud. I've also completely finished B99 so I'm going to be rocking back and forth in a corner until it comes back.

It's starting to feel very Christmassy over here now! The tree is up! Norman's tank has been decorated! I have officially eaten a mince pie! 🎄✨

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Phleeep
AmazingPhil
I forgot Phil does Sunday liveshows! I forgot it was Sunday! I'm excited.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil is so funny. I think I’ve lost it every single time he goes live. There should be another ls next week
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

The liveshow was cute! There's always so many nice little moments in Phil's liveshows, and always a moment that makes me laugh a lot.

Norman cam was pretty swanky today too, nice to know where he is in their flat, and to see how theyve decorated the tank :')
flarequake
not an airport stalker

‘Crotch-et-ed’ jfc, Phil. He knows now that it’s ‘crow-shayed’. I guess I heard it as a young kid cos my mum was into it somewhat (dress I wore on my 4th birthday was made by her). Still, 32 years is impressive before discovering that. The Buzzqueed fizz was fun. It was all fun, I just wasn’t paying full attention for once (His Dark Materials was on TV).