Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dontpanic
#relatable

I give this merch drop a 9/10... could have used a bit more of Queen Cornelia

edit: the idb merch drop tho... a soild 14/10 <3
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:02 pm Just gonna #spon ourselves for the new page!
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:52 pm Okay, Dan and Phil, you're trying to steal our spotlight, but...

It's the return of the In Depth Bants holiday pop-up shop!

We're opening a few days early but just like last year, this Redbubble store will be up from today through Dec 30.

Why are we doing it a few days early? Because we want want your money before they drop more merch and you spend it all there. (#joking...... kind of)

This forum costs money to run and the last two years, the pop up shop has been enough of a success that all forum costs have been covered by the community contributions. It has also enabled us to donate at a 50/50 split with our faves at Phandom Gives! This year PhandomGives is focused on helping We Delete Blood Cancer, a charity that does... well, exactly what it says.

We offer almost all designs on a sticker and coffee mug, since those have proven to be our past best selling items, but we can customize almost any design to almost any item that you may want. Feel free to throw in special requests!

Want to help, but don't want to buy anything? We've set up a paypal donation link right here.
Just gonna go ahead and say that today redbubble have an early Black Friday deal on and if you use code “earlyfriday” you’ll get 60% off. I just ordered 6 items and it was less than Phils PJs haha!

Also just wanted to say hello everyone. I know I haven’t posted for so long! I’ve been going through a lot but now I’m back and a bit stronger so I hope to be around a lot more. I missed you all x
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Possum
squish

I really love all of Phil's merch. The dino socks are amazing, and I think I might just wear the pajama shirt as an everyday shirt. I don't really like any of Dan's merch, which is pretty par for the course, unfortunately. I wish I liked any of his stuff (and I do like that a portion of sales is going to charity), but Phil's cute animal stuff just is way more my thing. :shrug:
liola wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:31 pm Also I want a festive mukbang with Phil's pjs and the blanket and the hot chocolate SO BAD PLEASE JUST GIVE ME A MUKBANG WHY DO YOU HATE MEEE
I'm really, really hoping for this too! It would be so cozy and lovely <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Yeah so I'm just gonna drop all my favorite of the merch pics here because they look so good.

spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I have never gotten anything from their shop, but I am actually vibing with Dan’s designs this time. Also judging by those photos of Phil.. I do actually want him to go back to black hair.
Also, I’m curious can we find out how much of the profit goes to YoungMinds? Kinda wanna know if it’s is a substantial amount lol
Phantasy
woodland creature

If they don’t get a damn corgi soon I’m gonna start the woke-est of all protests to call them out on their blatant corgi and dog owner cultural appropriation.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay so it looks like the hot chocolate is made by SpiceKitchen according to the credits on the packet, and based on the ingredients list (Ingredients: Sugar, Fat Reduced Sweetened Cocoa Powder (Dairy-Free), 25% Dextrose, Salt, Anti-Caking Agent: Silicon Dioxide, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Ginger, Cardamom, White Pepper, All Spice) I'm super intrigued. I can't wait to hear what people think of it when they start getting it.
TinkerTaylor
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:12 am Okay so it looks like the hot chocolate is made by SpiceKitchenaccording to the credits on the packet, and based on the ingredients list (Ingredients: Sugar, Fat Reduced Sweetened Cocoa Powder (Dairy-Free), 25% Dextrose, Salt, Anti-Caking Agent: Silicon Dioxide, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Ginger, Cardamom, White Pepper, All Spice) I'm super intrigued. I can't wait to hear what people think of it when they start getting it.
Does anyone know why this particular item isn't available on the U.S. site? And can someone in the U.S. order from the worldwide site also?
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

istg Phil stop dog teasing us :dogue:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

TinkerTaylor wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:17 am
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:12 am Okay so it looks like the hot chocolate is made by SpiceKitchenaccording to the credits on the packet, and based on the ingredients list (Ingredients: Sugar, Fat Reduced Sweetened Cocoa Powder (Dairy-Free), 25% Dextrose, Salt, Anti-Caking Agent: Silicon Dioxide, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Ginger, Cardamom, White Pepper, All Spice) I'm super intrigued. I can't wait to hear what people think of it when they start getting it.
Does anyone know why this particular item isn't available on the U.S. site? And can someone in the U.S. order from the worldwide site also?
I'm guessing it's because it's actually being supplied from the UK and maybe that would get more complicated than it's worth to manufacture it in the US since it's for a limited time?

But you can definitely order from the worldwide site if you're in the US instead of the US shop. I'd actually recommend it. It's cheaper, usually, and gets to you at about the same time.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

spaceguitar wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:54 am Also, I’m curious can we find out how much of the profit goes to YoungMinds? Kinda wanna know if it’s is a substantial amount lol

The items say "10% of the profit from this item will go to Young Minds", so like... substantial in the grand scheme of merch sales, but also.... :lol:

I do appreciate it though. I really do. He doesn't have to do that at all and he does and it's genuinely so sweet and I love Dan.
heartsopenminds
smol bean

TinkerTaylor wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:17 am
Martyn said on Twitter that it was difficult to export food items in bulk to be stocked in the US shop (too much paperwork I guess) but individual customer orders from the worldwide shop to the US are fine.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I literally cannot justify buying another mug. I don't even have my own place right now and my mugs are already basically spilling out of the shared kitchen cupboard. So no gingerbread hot chocolate for me. Does it say how much you're getting for the 10 quid? Just that one bag? I can't find that information.

On another note, the pricing of Dan's merch is yikes, it's just too expensive, £18 for socks, damn. Also I'm getting kind of sick of his aesthetic, it looks like the stuff I bought at H&M ca. 2015. (I own a long black H&M sweater with black lettering on it from around that time that looks so much like his shirt dress from the last merch drop, no joke.)
liola
rankussy

The only thing I wish is that the chocolate came with a corgi themed mug. I don't care about the chocolate (because i hate cinnamon, even the hint of smell) but i would've got it if the design was also on the mug, I just don't like the other mugs.

Yeah Dan's pricing are higher, even the candle is a bit higher than Phil's, i don't understand why? I get the weighted blanket price, that's a hefty thing to produce, but the skull sweater is just too expensive for just how simple it is.

I do like that he's giving some of the profit to Young Minds, I just wish there was something.. more than just black and death, and that is coming from someone who wears only black and silver and skull things, but for some reason it keeps not being my cup of tea. It just seems like an odd thing to drop during holiday season (and so fucking close to the last merch drop, god).

Also, the theory that he is writing a poetry book sounds more and more likely given the new insta story
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I definitely would love it if the infamous Dan project involved writing and yeah, this is the second time he posts some poetry on his ig, so my eyes are wide open now. If I had to choose what kind of project I want to see Dan on, writing is the first choice. And probably the only one.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I really hate the scarf it looks like a cheap football scarf which isn't very Dan, I haven't bought merch since last Christmas when I was hyped for II DVD and nothing has really tempted me since.

I'd say there's a 63% chance Phil wears the PJ's in his next live show.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

glitterintheair wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:25 am I definitely would love it if the infamous Dan project involved writing and yeah, this is the second time he posts some poetry on his ig, so my eyes are wide open now. If I had to choose what kind of project I want to see Dan on, writing is the first choice. And probably the only one.
I'm not sure if I want that personally, there is so much potential for cringe with poetry (and I do find his poetry posts slightly cringy already) but it could also turn out quite good. If it makes him happy he should obviously do it but at the same time, if he's new to writing poetry, maybe... don't publish it right away? Writing is a skill and he's obviously been working on it but it takes loads of time to become actually good. But maybe he's been writing poetry all this time and never told us, of course. And maybe it's not even a poetry book. I just hope whatever the secret project is is going to make him happy but also... I want it to be good. Mostly for his own sake tbh, because he is not good at taking criticism.

(Even though he could probably publish the best book ever, poetry or no, and there would still be a lot of criticism because people's tastes are different, especially when it comes to writing. I just hope that he's proud of whatever he's making and won't be affected by bad reviews too much.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I can’t say I’ve ever wanted a poetry book from dan but I will gladly take one over a comedy routine. I just hope the poetry isn’t as convoluted as his tweets but it’s an interesting path to take and not one I would expect from him so good for him if he really is trying something so different
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Not to be a total Debbie Downer but I don’t think he meant his IG story to be serious poetry. He was just looking for an obnoxious way to write “someone drew a heart on this window”.

Unless we’re talking about the insta story after that? In which case... yes. poetry. :wine:

TBH I think Dan’s too self-aware for a book like that, but maybe I’m projecting. :shrug:
stufflizloves
living flop

rizzo wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:31 pm Not to be a total Debbie Downer but I don’t think he meant his IG story to be serious poetry. He was just looking for an obnoxious way to write “someone drew a heart on this window”.

Unless we’re talking about the insta story after that? In which case... yes. poetry. :wine:

TBH I think Dan’s too self-aware for a book like that, but maybe I’m projecting. :shrug:
i agree—not to stomp on anyone’s theories tho because if you told me dan would make a 45 min masterpiece on his sexuality this year i would have called you looney tunes—but to me, poetry feels way, way too vulnerable for dan. a whole book of his words for people to scrutinize what he means by every stanza??? *shudders, pops an alka-seltzer, & does the sign of the cross*
liola
rankussy

Amiaw wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:21 pm I can’t say I’ve ever wanted a poetry book from dan but I will gladly take one over a comedy routine. I just hope the poetry isn’t as convoluted as his tweets but it’s an interesting path to take and not one I would expect from him so good for him if he really is trying something so different
Yes, this. I don't particularly care about poetry books, it's very specific on the author, and I don't think Dan's writing would be for me, but literally anything but be good if it means we don't get a comedy routine/stand up tour like many theorize
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sonicgreen
woodland creature

The new dnp merch doesn’t really do anything for me, and a few pieces look.... cheap.... but hey I understand clearing out stock, giving mugs away with hot chocolate is a pretty good way to do it wow.
but I do love the IDB merch this year, great job!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Dan's socks are a lot more expensive because it's a pack of 4 rather than 2, but even then I don't get why it's £10 more than Phil's single pairs.

I am Suspicious at Dan's use of poetry, but honestly it's only been twice, not everything means something big. Maybe he's just Feeling It idk. I just can't see him straying to far from comedy because it's his strong suit, especially with the balance he's managed to find when talking about more serious subjects.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I’m curious about people’s thoughts on something - today is the 10th anniversary of Dan’s arrival in Manchester for ‘that week’, and on that day Dan tweeted a pic of the menu at the skybar showing a £2000 bottle of champagne (a jeroboam, actually four bottles in one), joking that Phil had bought it for them. (And then followed up someone’s question of ‘seriously’ with ‘yes’). I always thought it was funny but today, with the tweet circulating again, I saw a lot of people thinking it was genuinely true - is that the general opinion? Do people really think that they bought, and drank, *four* bottles of £500-a-pop champagne between them when they were 18 and 22 and neither of them had a job? I know Phil’s family is well off but *two grand*? I - really?? I thought it was so obviously a joke...

(Nowadays, well, that’s another matter, but even with all the money in the world and an iron liver, two whole bottles of champagne to yourself is going to leave you in a hell of a state, yikes... but even if you did, *two thousand pounds* like ... dude)

Also, v cute behind the scenes clips on Phil’s insta stories :)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

so cute :(