Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Judearaya
sofa crease

I just messaged Dizzy to say, what if this were a honeymoon? Like they could get married and not have it be a legal marriage. I mean...idk. Someone write the story pls lol.
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:11 pm Yeah I was a bit shocked when I found the hotel earlier. At first I thought I might have the wrong one because of how obscenely expensive it was, but nope. They really splurged. I agree with liola that this holiday seems to be at least a little bit more special than others. I don't think that's the kind of money you'd spend on a normal holiday, not even when you have Deppy money. They're celebrating... something.
knq wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:47 pm A suite is ~$2,000 USD a night. That’s not terribly different from the nicer hotels they stayed at during II. Or is it?

Possibly I don’t remember. Either way. I think they should go on more expensive vacations and, you know, make that travel series.
They definitely stay in nice hotels when they travel, but the Aman is another step up. Just compare the room prices for the Aman to the Imperial Hotel, which is where they stayed in 2015. Both are 5 star luxury hotels, but the Aman is much more expensive. Or compare it to the Bellagio where they stayed thus year during their Las Vegas trip. Those hotels are in their usual price range, but the Aman Hotel is like double that.
I was probably thinking if the Bellagio. I think anything over $1000 goes into the ‘over $1000’ slot in my mind, and I just sort of categorize it as ‘a lot’ whether it’s a thousand or six thousand.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I had a feeling this was an anniversary trip when Phil first announced it and now I am 100% sure. Also, the more I look at the hotel the more jealous I feel. That looks so amazing, like.. they could see the Tokyo skyline from the bed, WHY DON’T I HAVE MONEY (and a companion through life/actual soulmate to share the whole experience with)
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Whew, that’s some money. Now that I sleep terribly in hotels since I’m used to my foam mattress, though I already didn’t sleep well in them anyway, I find even £100 a night a heck of a lot. I don’t quite know what you’re paying for when it just goes up and up. I get that they’ve got everything and the service, but £1k? For 1 night? How much does all this stuff really cost? They better have foam mattress toppers you can borrow (I’m told that’s a thing I could ask about). Amazing. And certainly no leaks needing a fricking bucket, I couldn’t believe the lack of maintenance that time (I always boggle that you can pay for an imperfect hotel room, why not just stay home if it’s a bit crap? [/hotel-snob-rant]
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I read a really good travel blog review of it if anyone’s interested: https://onemileatatime.com/aman-tokyo-review/ The blog says that the deluxe rooms start at “only” about £650, which still makes me wheeze, never mind for multiple nights. The post also says it’s been called the best city hotel in the world. :shock:

Nah, but good for them honestly; it looks incredible, they deserve it, and I’d *absolutely* stay there if I could afford it. (when I went to Japan I stayed in an Airbnb that was £33 a night lol) Those windows! That’s their dream. :happytears:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
liola
rankussy

What a romantic view and he gets to enjoy it with Phil? Unfair I want a refund for my life
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oop, Dan’s onto the food now, bet he’s having a good time.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Okay, now we're getting hit with cute pictures and stories in the morning AND at night? I was not prepared. :rainbowtears:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

They’re lying in bed on Sunday morning in another swanky hotel looking through photos right? Ugggghhhh :happytears: :love2:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:13 pm I feel like this really cements that at the very least this is their tenth anniversary present to themselves. And while I can't quite think about how much money it costs without making myself queasy I am at least happy for their blissful enjoyment of the trip.
So the real reason Dan was so quiet after BIG was because he spent every waking hour planning the perfect anniversary holiday.
:happytears:

Half kidding of course, but definitely a differently paced trip than Japhan 1.0 where they essentially winged it with only like 2 weeks advance planning.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Can't remember if this got mentioned here the other day or not but the rip off glitch hoodie is down! I guess the "angry Martyn DM" worked.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

madzilla84 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 pm I read a really good travel blog review of it if anyone’s interested: https://onemileatatime.com/aman-tokyo-review/ The blog says that the deluxe rooms start at “only” about £650, which still makes me wheeze, never mind for multiple nights. The post also says it’s been called the best city hotel in the world. :shock:

Nah, but good for them honestly; it looks incredible, they deserve it, and I’d *absolutely* stay there if I could afford it. (when I went to Japan I stayed in an Airbnb that was £33 a night lol) Those windows! That’s their dream. :happytears:
I loved that review! I loved trying to imagine what cocktails they ordered and what breakfast. Remember Phil admitted to posting reviews under a false name? It would be hilarious if Phil wrote this! Jk, but those names seem like the fake fancy names they came up with for the art fair. Hope they give us a clue where they stayed in Kyoto.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Will and Arden just arrived in Tokyo. I wonder if they’ll meet up with dnp.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

The 2019 instastories are so much better than what we were getting a year ago! (but thanks for making these vids for posterity)
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
kavat
pastel persona

Oh, to be on a tenth anniversary trip with your soulmate, going to all the places and doing all of the things you've talked and dreamed about for years :happytears: and now you can because you've grown and internet empire together :happytears: so you can stay at all the fanciest hotels and go to all the sky bars :happytears:

I'm fine
glitterintheair
phillluminati

They look GOOD. Japan is doing marvels to them.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Susanisnotafish wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:30 am The 2019 instastories are so much better than what we were getting a year ago! (but thanks for making these vids for posterity)
Usually when I look back on what was posted a year ago I get sad, but in this case it made me very happy. More fun to edit as well.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

They're having so much fun! :happytears: :happytears:

Also : PHIL LOOKS SO SO SO GOOD. <3
:gayaf:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

I had to google what that joke meant. But he a funny boy. And Phil is GLOWING.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So the danandphilshop is now advertising Dan and Phil’s individual merch. Interesting.
JLynne
drama llama

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:34 pm
My inner demon may or may not have zoomed in on Phil's left pocket in that one picture... :lol:
noodlebum
flower crown

Amiaw wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 pm So the danandphilshop is now advertising Dan and Phil’s individual merch. Interesting.
I can't see anything about their individual shops on danandphilshop.com ?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

noodlebum wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Amiaw wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 pm So the danandphilshop is now advertising Dan and Phil’s individual merch. Interesting.
I can't see anything about their individual shops on danandphilshop.com ?
Sorry should have been more clear. They sent out a newsletter from dap shop
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's honestly incredible how stupid easy it is for these two idiots to please us. A sprinkle of heartwarming insta stories once a day and the phandom's happy as a fucking clam. (And when I say phandom, I mean... for the most part. I realize this content doesn't please everyone. Don't @ me.)

Anyway, my point is... boys, are you seeing this? See how easy it is? When you're back in London... we'll legit take stories of you on an escalator. IDGAF. Simple as that. Please. My goodness, please.
Hm. Perhaps it's been tough to convince people.... to pay for shipping........ twice. :coffee: