Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

oh boy dan might be doing a thing? one fear. but also a christmas miracle. still not sure i'll care a lot but i'll be happy for him either way.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phanshy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:22 pm I think of Pre-order for books and Pre-sale for tickets.

If it's a stand up show do people see him touring it or just doing shows in London? I can't really imagine Dan enjoying another tour even if it was just the UK.
Oooh, you have a point!

Perhaps it's not necessarily a tour, but just like... a show or 2 in London. I could see him wanting to do like a One Man Show, personal-essay-type thing?

Very... Dan of him.
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

What if it's a show and he's not going to vidcon because of that I would be the saddest
rizzo wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 pm
liola wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 pmI'm tired of being upset at Dan, honestly. I'm hoping he doesn't just drop the presale for whatever without saying.. anything about what it is? It's the one thing I hate the most, I hate buying on blind trust, I hated it for II as well but at least there I knew it was a show of the two of them

If it's a stand-up tour I'm unsubscribing. There I said it
I'm all for being upset about the current situation we're in, but I don't see how this in particular would be upsetting, personally. It would explain where he's spent all of his time. We already know/have been told he's been working on a larger project and now.... here it is. I'm nothing but excited for there to be an upcoming announcement and release of something. AT LAST.

Also, I feel like anyone - youtuber or not - would announce a book with a presale. What's the point of announcing anything without the product being immediately available? Presale also significantly plays into book rankings.

If it's not a book - idk, the same still applies. Why announce something and then have the audience just... sit on that knowledge without an action item? Like, if it's a tour, I'm sure that page will feature dates first, before tickets. (I really don't think it's a tour, but perhaps I don't know Dan at all...)

IDK what This Thing is, but.... oooh boy. Content? Things? Updates on Dan? Give it to me. Fucking please.
Ah sorry I wrote fast, I'm not upset right now, mostly frustrated because I'm tired of being upset at him haha

For me it doesn't cancel everything I've been complaining about aka the lack of interactions and communication and engagement with the fans but I'm at the point where nothing is probably going to cancel that unless there's some change.

And yes of course presalea are a thing, I just mean that I hope he announces it first before dropping the presale, giving people the time to adjust to the idea and understand what it's about before buying it! It's just something I don't enjoy, and I mean it in general, blind presales are not my thing and I find they relay too much on the trust of people.. and right now that trust in Dan is paper thin, I guess it's what I'm trying to say!

I'm not ready to be excited yet :shrug:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’d also like some acknowledgement that he understands it’s nice, if not just the proper thing go do, to talk to us about it before just dropping it. He did say he’d decided against Beyoncè-ing it, though maybe only because of the merch upset, I’m not sure now. I’d all just like him to talk to us again, I miss him.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

liola wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 pm It's a subdomain of his main shop, the newsletter form shows that it's the same list for his shop (which is.. weird? You'd want to hopefully target whatever the presale is to a different audience than merch? Mailchimp lets you personalize the subscription forms for this exact reason so either it's something merch shop related or they haven't created a separate audience/segment/group on mailchimp and I hope it's just temporary because otherwise I just want to send them an email God why is this so frustrating HOW CAN YOU PROPERLY SEGMENTATE YOUR CUSTOMERS DANIEL HOWELL)

Ok digital marketer rant over.
Usually even with shopify websites under construction can be hidden and simply redirect to the main site so I'm going to assume it's happening kind of soon which GOd why
Yeah when I saw the DH in the same lettering as the merch shop I thought that it must have something to do with merch. But since he’s says there won’t be any merch for a while, pre-sale doesn’t make any sense. But I agree, if it’s a separate project I find it really strange it’s under the domain of the shop.

I really can’t imagine him doing a solo comedy tour tbh. Idk for me personally the only thing that would excite me is a return to YouTube but that’s unlikely and I can’t help but be uninterested in the prospect of a book or tour.
liola
rankussy

blahblahblah8 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:45 pm
liola wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 pm It's a subdomain of his main shop, the newsletter form shows that it's the same list for his shop (which is.. weird? You'd want to hopefully target whatever the presale is to a different audience than merch? Mailchimp lets you personalize the subscription forms for this exact reason so either it's something merch shop related or they haven't created a separate audience/segment/group on mailchimp and I hope it's just temporary because otherwise I just want to send them an email God why is this so frustrating HOW CAN YOU PROPERLY SEGMENTATE YOUR CUSTOMERS DANIEL HOWELL)

Ok digital marketer rant over.
Usually even with shopify websites under construction can be hidden and simply redirect to the main site so I'm going to assume it's happening kind of soon which GOd why
Yeah when I saw the DH in the same lettering as the merch shop I thought that it must have something to do with merch. But since he’s says there won’t be any merch for a while, pre-sale doesn’t make any sense. But I agree, if it’s a separate project I find it really strange it’s under the domain of the shop.

I really can’t imagine him doing a solo comedy tour tbh. Idk for me personally the only thing that would excite me is a return to YouTube but that’s unlikely and I can’t help but be uninterested in the prospect of a book or tour.
No I mean the shop itself is a subdomain (the main domain is danielhowell.com which exists but currently redirects to the shop) my main questions are why is this new website on shopify? Well it needs a cart, clearly, or maybe they just have a dev subscription for shopify and it's less money, good on them. I'm mostly complaining about detail things ignore me it's just so frustrating ngh show me your strategies Dan and Phil that's all I want

I also can't imagine a solo tour, mostly because I'm not sure how long that would last? .uK only? Tours are expensive, they just finished one, and the explanation they gave for that, Dan in particular, is that they felt bad that they couldn't go to many places before

And they also sold it as the last chance of them ever doing it although I guess at that point they must've meant together because joint content was gonna die bip bop

Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote:For me it doesn't cancel everything I've been complaining about aka the lack of interactions and communication and engagement with the fans but I'm at the point where nothing is probably going to cancel that unless there's some change.
I just typed out a long post but it basically said this, so...

I like Dan's humour and I think he's a good comedy writer so I do think this project, whatever it might be, will be good. I'd love to be more excited about it but I just can't do it right now because no matter how good it is, it won't cancel out his recent behaviour. I wish he'd just address the silence and everything properly before trying to sell us something new again but I just don't think he will and I'm not sure how I feel about that. (I'd love to be proven wrong though, come through, Daniel.)

I do wish him the best with this project though, I really hope it's something he's happy with and can be proud of because he's struggled with that content-wise in the past.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I just worry that if it were to be a smallish sort of performance, of any kind, that demand would vastly outstrip supply and it’d be almost impossible to get tickets. It wouldn’t be like their other tours which were in multiple, large venues. The sales would be a bloodbath.

...but I’m speculating with no info, which is pointless. I just hope it’s something that’s accessible to all of Dan’s fans, and not just 150 lucky Londoners.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I hope he’d know us well enough now to gauge that, but we won’t know until it happens I guess. Ticket stress and disappointment is worse than spending all the money on it.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Eek can’t believe we got to say hello to them tonight. They were with PJ and Sophie and some others that I don’t know (or took much interest in). They were kind as always and stood to talk to us for a minute or so. Dan was so kind and recorded a video for my girlfriend as I showed him her tattoo (his quote and she has asked me not to share the video so I won’t - mainly after a photo of her kid was posted all over social media and it caused her a lot of anxiety) and they were both so kind about it. Having not seen him for some time I can only say that Dan looks beautiful. Maybe some time away has been good for him. Everything about him was just glowing. Don’t get me wrong Phil was also as lovely as ever but I just got this feeling from Dan that I can’t explain. Such a good evening!

Just a shame we didn’t see him after the presale thing went live 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Lovely to hear that he looked and seemed well. He’s been looking happier and more relaxed in photos for a while. Lovely that you met them, they were sweet as usual and recorded a video. Poor thing probably wasn’t planning this presale to be found, hope it doesn’t cause him a ton of stress. Maybe they’re used to it by now.

There’s this on tumblr - https://plantboy-lester.tumblr.com/post ... bsite-on-a

New discount code, is all. More fuel for speculation :shrug: Probably just a normal one for the shop.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

madzilla84 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 pm I just worry that if it were to be a smallish sort of performance, of any kind, that demand would vastly outstrip supply and it’d be almost impossible to get tickets. It wouldn’t be like their other tours which were in multiple, large venues. The sales would be a bloodbath.

...but I’m speculating with no info, which is pointless. I just hope it’s something that’s accessible to all of Dan’s fans, and not just 150 lucky Londoners.
Just. THIS.
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That’s D&P’s tree, right? Right.
knq
lava lamp

When I tried to preorder the DVD from dnp's shop it took me to a specific cart/shop/website for preorders separate from the regular shop. I suspect that's what this is as well. You can see a similar setup at www.danandphilpresale.com and google cache shows that https://presale.danielhowell.com/produc ... eton-shirt was apparently once a URL
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Well, I’m (irrationally?) annoyed that they’re not fully visible in that photo and it’s tiny. Fft. They can dress up and see a film without giving us a good photo I guess, but those suits would be great to see more clearly.
Birdie
blobfish

knq wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:01 am When I tried to preorder the DVD from dnp's shop it took me to a specific cart/shop/website for preorders separate from the regular shop. I suspect that's what this is as well. You can see a similar setup at www.danandphilpresale.com and google cache shows that https://presale.danielhowell.com/produc ... eton-shirt was apparently once a URL
Are you telling me my first idea that this is just something left over from when they set the site up was probably kind of right? It's time for the clown make-up, I guess.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A bit of Phil in Hazel's ig story!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yay, a crumb. He does look good, universe, send me a man soon please. Gods, I’m envious of these lucky pups.
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 pm
Finally get a proper couples pic aaaand it’s Phil and PJ.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil is finally posting content....

Please sir...

A joint selfie...

It's all I want for Christmas. :(
kavat
pastel persona

knq wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:01 am When I tried to preorder the DVD from dnp's shop it took me to a specific cart/shop/website for preorders separate from the regular shop. I suspect that's what this is as well. You can see a similar setup at www.danandphilpresale.com and google cache shows that https://presale.danielhowell.com/produc ... eton-shirt was apparently once a URL
This seems most likely. If you go on dapshop on mobile, filter after Dan and then filter again, you can see that there is a presale filter option which only leads to the skeleton t‐shirt.
So it's probably just something left after the site launched, people just haven't noticed it before.

I'm surprised Dan didnt post anything from last night, he rarely misses opportunity to show off a good outfit.
liola
rankussy

kavat wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 am
This seems most likely. If you go on dapshop on mobile, filter after Dan and then filter again, you can see that there is a presale filter option which only leads to the skeleton t‐shirt.
So it's probably just something left after the site launched, people just haven't noticed it before.

I'm surprised Dan didnt post anything from last night, he rarely misses opportunity to show off a good outfit.
That... doesn't really make sense?!?!? Not attacking you btw I'm just baffled by this because.. it doesn't... make sense? Unless shopify has changed drastically since the last time I used it, each subdomanin is a website/store and products can be made available in the store settings... there is no need to add a product on a different subdomain just to keep it until it's ready to go online, shopify already does that? Like they would just have to not make the product available and it wouldn't show up anywhere i'm so confused? Was the Skeleton shirt ever on presale?? I mean I wouldn't know because i never looked at it twice but even then I don't ever remember something like that Im confusion

Maybe they wanted to make it a presale thing but even then.. you can do it without needing a different website so idk i feel like irl is personally fucking with me and I'm talking alone like a moron
I feel like no one cares about the technical nightmare of this except for me which you know what it's my own fault i just have feelings about these things ignore me everyoen
Maybe i'm just bitter because I slept like shit and my coffee is even worse today but I did have a bitter laugh when I woke up this morning and saw that Phil only posted an insta story of his outfit from afar ( chef kiss :drool: ). Maybe it was to avoid posting a solo selfie on his feed, the comparison with last year would be hysterical. I'm absolutely not surprised we have no joint pic or even a Dan pic (but hey dan feel free to prove me wrong) so for once i'm not disappointed because my expectations are just non existent at this point

That said, Bryony, ma'am, where's your coat and shoes from and how can I afford it :stan:

glitterintheair
phillluminati

We will get the joint Star Wars selfie on a signed card next year as a “gift” if we buy something from their shops, dw guys!

Anyway I really hope Dan is not planning a stand up show or whatever along those lines because that would be the last straw for me, but we’ll see.

Bryony looks like a Queen and that’s what she deserves.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

kavat wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 am I'm surprised Dan didnt post anything from last night, he rarely misses opportunity to show off a good outfit.
Yeah, I was too! I wasn’t expecting a joint selfie because it’s 2019 after all, but I’m astonished he didn’t post one of himself in his nice suit. I’m hoping he just got in late and was tired and might post one today, but I’m probably clowning myself again. 🤡
blackbirddan.tumblr.com