Dan & Phil Part 93: Fomosexual

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

I hadn't considered it until now - I was thinking more of like hosting or comedy or something - but I wonder if it actually *is* an acting role?? I know that's something he's always been interested in but has never really been able to pursue ... many thoughts, head full, etc. (It'd also explain why he could be there a while as series take quite a long time to make.)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I'm gonna be that person real quick, but... can Dan act? I only know his voice acting and didn't think it was too good. Like, not bad but also not very good. I've never imagined Dan as an actor and I'm having a hard time imagining it now but maybe he's really good at it and I just never realised.
stufflizloves
living flop

Amiaw wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:44 pm
stufflizloves wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 pm CBS owns a bunch of networks...one of which is the CW. who knows what dan is up to but—*whispers* please don’t get mad at me for mentioning his name in a professional context—CBS did produce the pilot episode for the CW shows Miss Benny was cast for. as far as I know “Glamorous” hasn’t been picked up...so this could be a major jump, idk, to think dan could have contacts that way. just something that made me go hm

would make me cackle if he ended up making something on the same network as riverdale.
Dan’s friends that were cast on Glamorous (which fell through) are both 20 and 22 so it’s not too far fetched for them to play teenagers on a CW show but if Dan were to get cast for the next CW teen drama do you think he’d be the teacher or the father?
lololol teacher dan

i’m still less sold on him acting and leaning towards him writing....but who knows, that’s just my opinion. dunno how these sort of things work, anyway. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

This whole conversation about acting and LA makes me think of Tanya Burr and that did not end well even with taking classes lol

I don't know if Dan would want to act in a tv show thing. He is a theater kid, and that is much different. Also, I think after a decade of complete creative control, with the means and time of doing your own project, he would not get involved with a project where someone else has to direct him creatively.

Anyway, Cornelia did some pics with the photographer that has done their last merch pics, although it seemed like a test shooting. Wonder if it's for her own music or something IRL involved? I love the idea that Phil's glitch hoodie could be explained on his birthday God I so wish he was the type to tease us! I wanna know more!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

It'll be interesting to see if Phil mentions anything about either of these topics in Sunday's liveshow - I'm leaning towards Probably Not, but who knows. :lol:

(Yay, I'm not a lady door any more :lol:)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Tbh, I dont think either one of them are particularly good actors so the thought of Dan trying out for an acting role seems unlikely to me. I'm more inclined to think he's trying to get into script writing or something along those lines.
Judearaya wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:07 pm
The hoodie: I always assumed we *might* know more at or around Phil's birthday bc of the barcode?
Oh, that's an interesting theory! I hope that's the case and we find out more.
stufflizloves
living flop

maybe an unpopular opinion, but i also think dan is more of a “theater kid” in the very limited stereotypical definition. i think he’s capable of lot—he has natural charisma, quick wit, and feeds off of other people’s energy—but he’s also *not* trained in musical theater, hasn’t been to drama school. he’s also expressed in the past that he’s a control freak when it comes to things he puts his name on so i have a hard time seeing him act in something he didn’t write, ya know? (other than, say, charity streams of Shakespeare ) but do i think he could be very clever at script writing? i think it’s a possibility. who knows

also since were flailing random hopes & desires out there: i very much would love to see either a graphic novel or an animated series written by phil. i think it would be weird and incredible.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I thought Dan overacted a fair bit in the Tatinof recording, some of which may have been down to nerves for the filming, but after months of the show and notes from the director each time, he was still overdoing it while Phil was subtle. Though Phil wasn’t very good in that sofa video by Ashens either, though that was a few years earlier. Honestly, this trip might be to do with Dan’s project, but if it is then he won’t be at the early stages ie casting or pitching right now, could be testing waters for something else cos why have just one thing going on, but also who knows. He might be able to act better with some more experience, I don’t know about the difference from his creative control in the past. He’d have to be flexible there for whatever he does, unless he can somehow do anything and everything by himself, idk.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Not really related to dnp but Phil’s friend/first subscriber John tweeted out his drafts the other day and one of his draft tweets was about a graphic novel he was working on. I’d love for Phil to talk to his friends and get involved in something like that because he knows the right people for it
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Regardless of whatever this LA trip is about (acting, writing, YouTube, weed run) and given that we might never know what it was about, I will say that I'm happy for Dan for what appears to be some sort of momentum. It's exciting, and I'm excited for him.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

During the TATINOF era Dan mentioned that he always loved being involved in theater but realized his limitations when it came to acting so he appreciated that their stage show gave him a way to be on stage with a live audience without having to be an actor. So I can't see him wanting to act on a tv show or movie but I can see him wanting to share his stories in a stand-up(ish) type format with a live audience. My current thoughts are that he has a stand-up type show ready to go on tour and is in L.A. looking for someone (Comedy Central?) to record one of the shows and release it as a special. But I'm always wrong when it comes to dnp so who knows.

These are interesting times for sure, and I'm really hoping that we get to see some of his and Phil's non youtube projects come to light this year.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

I'd love to see Phil put out a graphic novel, something weird and dark and twisty like Joe Hill's Locke and Key series. Phil does like his horror fiction and such so it seems like something that would appeal to him.
liola
rankussy

I don't know what I would want less than a comedy stand up show, that might be as much as the list goes
Amiaw wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:29 pm Not really related to dnp but Phil’s friend/first subscriber John tweeted out his drafts the other day and one of his draft tweets was about a graphic novel he was working on. I’d love for Phil to talk to his friends and get involved in something like that because he knows the right people for it
Imagine if they were already working on it together! Although again that could be hard logistically. I don't know I just want something animated from Phil, please, something weird and sci-fi-y
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m not sold on stand up comedy. Dan’s marathon story time was fine and I always liked his story videos, but his videos were better, and the sketch comedy ones especially. I don’t want him to never change, but still he was funnier in those.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I watched a lot of videos recently talking about Lilly Singh's late night show (for anyone unfamiliar, she's a YouTuber who was offered a late night TV talk show in the vein of like, Seth Meyers or whoever). While she was well known for being funny on YouTube, the general consensus was that the show was pretty much a flop. And it wasn't just that she wasn't funny ... it was mainly because they were trying to shoehorn her into that traditional old late night show format (opening 'comedy' monologue, topical jokes, weird cutaway sketch, cringey interview, etc). And it just didn't work for her. But rather than re-tool the show to suit her strengths they just sort of - powered ahead anyway hoping it would get better and it - didn't. They did it for Seth when he moved from the news to the comedy show - the stand-up monologues felt awkward so they put him behind a desk, which felt more familiar to the audience. Things like that, working to his strengths.

Anyway, I very much doubt Dan has been offered a late night comedy show so this is probably irrelevant, but after flarequake was talking about his old sketch/story videos (which I loved so much, RIP), I'm just hoping that whatever it is it fits his strengths, even if it's something really new. I'm all for stretching yourself and all, but I'd hate to see him be slated like Lilly has been. (Not that I don't believe whatever it is would be successful; I'm pretty sure it will be.)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
autumnhearth
senpai

anna_begins wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:52 pm Thinking about Dan pitching something and this came to mind... Do you guys remember Dan talking about an idea he had for making something revolving around the 7 Deadly Sins? He would bring it up every now and then in live shows. If I recall the last time he brought it up, which I think was when they were still in the old London apartment, someone asked him if he was going to do a series on his channel about it and he said something very vague like "on my channel, or maybe somewhere with a higher production value." I've been trying to find it, but can't remember exactly which show it was from. I've always wondered if he still planned on doing something with that, because it seemed like he had put a lot of thought into it.
I’ve been clinging onto this for years. I honestly have no clue what he could be doing, but I, very excited for him. And I do think Phil’s ‘too be continued’ will lead somewhere, I don’t think it’s been too long for that kind of teaser.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Seven Deadly Sins liveshow and timestamps here:

21 Feb 2017 - i’m never not going to be awkward
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I'm not convinced he's pursuing acting but who knows he may have been taking acting lessons and not wanted to tell us, I'm not against it, I think I'd prefer it to stand up but I'm not sure if I'm too invested in Dan as a person to fully lose myself in a story and see Dan as a character and not just Dan, especially if there was a romance.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

New video!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

So, I think we can all agree that Phil has, in fact, tasted a toe?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I had a lot of fun watching the vid. Simple and definitely overdone, but it was so casual and funny, and I loved hearing all those new stories. It was so good. I guess it's always nice to see Phil doing something he genuinely likes doing, and I'll never stop feeling that flutter when he mentions being gay because like. idk! I'm happy he's out to everyone and is just able to do that comfortably.
rizzo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:03 pm So, I think we can all agree that Phil has, in fact, tasted a toe?
The level of avoidance on that question was Severe ;)
noodlebum
flower crown

PEE
parallel
phabergé

He keeps talking about pee. Help us.

(I loved the video though. It just really lifted up my mood :) )
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Really liked this video just why does it have to be 10 minutes long??! I spend most my time watching videos on yt like 30 mins to 1hr long. I really like to get into videos so if it’s short videos (other people have made), I probably won’t click because I don’t think it’s important enough to give my attention too. Is anyone else like that? When’s he gonna realise that the longer the video the more ads he can have! Put 10 in I don’t care just give me a 20 minute video!! Also I do realise that him playing this game isn’t the type of video you’d have that super long, but I’d listen to him answer these questions and telling stories all day. Give me a whole damn liveshow playing never I have I ever and I won’t complain!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I liked it! There were so many uni stories in this vid but I’m pretty sure they were all ones we haven’t heard before so I enjoyed it! The man in the shed part made lol!