Dan & Phil Part 93: Fomosexual

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Media outlets might and will comment also on insta stories as well as youtube videos. Fans can and will share instagram stories/tweets/snapchats to make compilation and gifs and commentary on them on the internet in different places, hell it's the whole reason why commentary channels on youtube even started. Like.. these things would happen anyway. Is youtube a possibly faster medium? Yeah, maybe, it's not a given, not with how the social game is going right now, but the reality is that we don't know for sure what they think or feel like, and we all have a different opinion on it and no one can tell which is right and which is wrong. We all pose our different perspective on it, and our feelings will be based on that.

I still think videos (again, we're just talking now) would give them the veil of "this is just work" instead of being something deeply personal, and hell they could even decide to NOT monetize them if they wanted to. I mean, they did "monetize" their christmas messages by tieing the prize to a purchase of merch, didn't they?

Like, I get it, I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying that it's most likely because they're not bothering with it or because they don't care right now. Which is allowed because fuck, they're humans, they can NOT want to do something, but knowing it's on purpose would just make a possible collab with someone else hurt even more, because for me personally I would feel the loss of their joint presence online as something that has been taken away and i don't like it, that's all.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
stufflizloves
living flop

agreed—it’s a tough balance...that’s really more of a one-sided seesaw since dan is doing...whatever dan is doing. (also i miss them on my screen together something terrible. i miss it on the daily. jokes about the gaming channel aren’t funny to me for that reason, i miss it so deeply...so, we’re coming from the same place there.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I know this is gonna be a departure from the current topic but I also feel like this topic is fairly endless so there's not really any point in waiting until it feels like a time when people are less upset. So if you don't want to think about happy Dan and Phil things - I get it, I'm not trying to say you need to. There's a lot to be sad over. But I just wanna share some things I'm excited about coming up because I keep thinking of them and it makes me smile.

- Phil's birthday and the family instagrams and wishes we'll get to see. Martyn, Cornelia, Dan... especially since Cornelia uses ig stories a lot more, I'm excited about what she might share.
- Phil livestreams before and after his birthday, getting the crumbs of stories he doesn't have to share but wants to. I hope we get a birthday present haul and to hear about his parents day in London and maybe what Norman did (or didn't) get him for his birthday.
- Phil at Vidcon. Phil getting to meet fans, hug them, spread his happiness, talk in a panel. I'm excited over trying to hunt for a livestream for it or wait for a good quality video after and the livetweets from people there and also just pictures of fans meeting each other! I hope we have some fun IDB meetups that happen.
- March is kind of a blank which also excites me? Because it means we'll get videos from Phil for sure, I'm guessing two minimum, and liveshows.
- Them traveling to Mexico in late April. I wonder if they'll vacation in Florida with the Lesters over the summer? They could piggyback those two probably. I wonder if they'll sightsee in Mexico at all, make it a longer trip? And fuck I'm so happy for fans who thought they'd get to meet them two years ago and then thought they'd lost that chance forever. I'm excited for a q&a between the two of them and the meet and greet and the instagram stories and badly spoken Spanish and them losing their shit over the food, because they always do.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

In that vein, I was thinking about this last night and here's something I'm looking forward to this year: Phil's tweets! There's something about the things he tweets about and how he responds to comments that I find highly entertaining, and I'm looking forward to more twitter hijinks from him.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

There’s a lot of nice things coming up and it doesn’t make feelings about other things disappear, some feelings are stronger than others for a time and there’s room for both. I’ve smiled plenty at pictures and clips of Dan recently while being sad about other things and my back, that’s been endless too. Always good to remind ourselves of the fun things and wow, Phil’s birthday and Vidcon are both coming up soon (I’ve been glad Vidcon is as far away as it is so my chiropractor can do some more magic). Cornelia’s ig story q & a was adorable, I don’t suppose any of us saved them. Not often we hear her speak, she has a sweet voice. She’s just all round adorable, I wish I looked as cute at our similar age (makeup is magic).
liola
rankussy

I'm trying to keep my excitement for Vidcon under control and not think about meet and greet because I don't want to even think about hoping for meeting Phil. I'm so glad I'm sure I'll meet so many IDB people, that makes the entire trip so worth it.

I'm hoping to get some hint at Phil's project, I feel like that is such a mystery, it could be anything!! It could be about anything!! I like to imagine some sci-fi animated show because I think Phil would enjoy not being restricted by paper and his dreams of directing, but also who knows? I wonder if he's looking for the right person to draw the things, first? Or is that just on the outskirts of his minds and not something he's working on actively?

Is moving something in the plans of 2020? I think having Norman makes them crave for a,dog even more. Or is it not? The possibilities are endless

flarequake
not an airport stalker

I thought Phil had some writing he was pitching, but no further than that so if no one picks it up, there isn’t an active project. The Glitch thing, also no idea if there’s any more to it so it’d be cool if he has any news, but I didn’t think there’s anything we’re really waiting on. An animated or graphic novel kind of thing would be amazing, he has such fun fictional ideas, I hope something does happen.

Saw someone on twitter suggest Phil’s been talking about rabbits more than usual, so maybe he’d get a rabbit before a dog, but I don’t know what he’s said about rabbits tbh. Interesting theory. Amused I’m sitting here wondering when a man last talked about rabbits tbh, also how many times can I type the word rabbits.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

He talked about an emotional support rabbit on a plane in his news story of the week, I think he had another news story of the week about rabbits before, they need to get a house already so they can get a dog, rabbit, hamster or just a bigger tank for Norman the snails and the ever expanding shrimp family.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, of course, the emotional support rabbit. My sieve-brain forgot. That was very cute.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

We also can’t forget Holly(?) the house-rabbit his family had when he was a kid, so I could see Phil owning a pet rabbit. (though i selfishly still want dnp to get a cat)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I've always been wondering - how do they play off uncomfortable questions at meet&greets? I'm sure there's been people who've asked about their relationship, or people that would now ask if they'll ever collab again/if Dan is done with YT/etc.

(While I think the relationship questions are crossing a line, I do hope people ask these other questions!)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m not sure how much they get asked, the few uncomfortable poses have been easier to see than hearing questions. People often tell them how much they’ve helped them, those have often been shared.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil updated his YouTube story this morning to talk about his yodeling pickle
laurenbacall
delia smith

Amiaw wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm Phil updated his YouTube story this morning to talk about his yodeling pickle
the most cursed post in this thread
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Ok, Phil had some fun with Photoshop or something, but those pickle edits were pretty hilarious even if I do not understand his love of the yodeling pickle.
Snowboy
smol bean
Pronouns: he/his

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 am I've always been wondering - how do they play off uncomfortable questions at meet&greets? I'm sure there's been people who've asked about their relationship, or people that would now ask if they'll ever collab again/if Dan is done with YT/etc.

(While I think the relationship questions are crossing a line, I do hope people ask these other questions!)
If they got asked about their relationship before coming out, they probably knew they'd have to just straight-up lie.

Now it'll probably be some variation of "That's for us to know".
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay this is brilliant
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Omg those are amazing, might have just made my night. Hoo, boy, that is some funny stuff. I had to look up the first one and it is simply that you want to keep a big lug like that around no matter what. Uhf :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The PhandomGives/PhandomWatch 33 hour Phil birthday livestream is coming up this weekend. I made the playlists and I keep looking over them trying to figure out if there are any major things I missed... so I'm gonna throw it out to you guys.

What are your must-haves for a playlist that is meant to represent Phil? (This does include DAPG/interviews/fanmade videos/compilations/basically anything if Phil is in it.)
noodlebum
flower crown

Am definitely going to be giving it a watch over the weekend at some point! Thanks to all the hard work everyone puts into these :) Here's some ideas from me:

'Viewers Choose My Outfits' of course,
Phil winning at the Bonkers awards
definitely the video first introducing Truth Bombs,
Norman makeup look
Mark of Oxen!
Phil's childhood videos
Dan curls my hair
The one with the weirdo who wanted to have phil live with him while he feeds and tickles him..?
Kinetic Sand (lessamazing phil)
and maybe the oldie but goodie music video, 'Check Yes Juliet'. :)

Also these compilation/fan made ones
Phantom of the opera, for Phil's lovely deep voice https://youtu.be/YckFMZy-TEc
'dad told me to calm down' just cracks me up so much https://youtu.be/MzojN-Y_Qes
'phil lester you're a genius' https://youtu.be/izPPkrgytpA
phil lester making himself laugh https://youtu.be/C_LssLQ05Ug
Phil lester being inappropriate https://youtu.be/Kcuz5oCfLpY
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:04 pm The PhandomGives/PhandomWatch 33 hour Phil birthday livestream is coming up this weekend. I made the playlists and I keep looking over them trying to figure out if there are any major things I missed... so I'm gonna throw it out to you guys.

What are your must-haves for a playlist that is meant to represent Phil? (This does include DAPG/interviews/fanmade videos/compilations/basically anything if Phil is in it.)
- coming out to you (though i'm sure you'll have that one on the list already!)
- why i went to hospital
- worst day ever
- his old music videos - lonely day (system of a down), toxic: a static lullaby, and my personal favourite, check yes juliet
- the videos about simon the shrimp: i am god, deep sea creatures, rip simon
- all the weird kid/things i thought were true that are actually not true
- dan and phil and dogs
- dan and phil try pumpkin carving
- the wardrobe
- my childhood horror movie, phil reacts to childhood horror movie
- i got attacked by a squirrel ('where did it bite you?' 'florida' :lol:)
- dml 1 and 2
- the cheese challenge
- dan curls my hair
- viewers pick my outfits
- trying to see things without my glasses
- festive bob ross tutorial
- norman makeup tutorial
- dan vs phil: the final battle
- this video is clickbait
- dan and phil play getting over it
- bubble bobble
- yasuhati singing challenge (every time i watch phil attempting welcome to the black parade i die laughing)
- phil lester vs praying mantis
- truth bombs with tom and hazel
- mark of oxin parts 1 and 2

edited to add: the dan and phil crafts trilogy
Last edited by bluecaterpillar on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
noodlebum
flower crown

bluecaterpillar wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:04 pm The PhandomGives/PhandomWatch 33 hour Phil birthday livestream is coming up this weekend. I made the playlists and I keep looking over them trying to figure out if there are any major things I missed... so I'm gonna throw it out to you guys.

- yasuhati singing challenge (every time i watch phil attempting welcome to the black parade i die laughing)
Oh god yeah that makes me howl every time :lol: that first off-key 'wheN I WAs'
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I might add ‘lost at the mall’ too, it has distraction by sweets and lampshading his adult ineptitude, plus an eagle noise, and it’s cute.
liola
rankussy

Card against humanity if only for how insanely gorgeous he looks :happytears:

obvsly
#relatable

How Not to Drive with Dan and Phil
The Creepy Mind of Phil Lester
Hazel's Tipsy Talk with Phil (I think we learned a lot more about phil from this video)

other than these, I'm happy with whatever you've chosen and what others have suggested so far! :)