Dan & Phil Part 93: Fomosexual

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Here’s a playlist I made of every video of deppy I could find organized by date for February.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6R-zvhBV4u
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Phil's baking video was really great, unexpectedly so for me, I must confess. I even caught a Daniel J Layton-esque vibe somehow, although of course he is so much better at baking, but idk, the general manner. I agree that the feeling was completely different from a joint baking video, I find that whole format of (sorry) trying new things/experimenting makes Phil really shine. Also, made me realise that Dan wasn't actually the one to blame for their joint baking being so innuendo-y :lol:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Thanks to the person who mentioned that Jon Cozart vloggy video. I think I've seen a few videos before, but I really liked this movie rundown he did, enough that I subscribed to his side channel. Anyway, yeah, I have plenty of YouTubers I subscribe to who upload irregularly but I'm still happy to see stuff (like, Just Between Us just uploaded a video after not having one for a long time and it was just as fun as always).
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Just in case anyone doesn’t know Phil is going live today at his normal time.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Dan gifted the Norman mug - confirmed :betta:
noodlebum
flower crown

I wasn't in for the live show, how was it?
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I thought it was great! He seemed in a really good mood and was just generally very funny. Here are the things i remember:

- He started the show with several terrible Groundhog Day puns lol
- On his birthday itself he went to see the anime movie ‘Weathering With You’ (the sequel to 'Your Name') with friends, and they had the whole cinema to themselves
- He got some turkish delight for his birthday which he was eating before the show
- Phil got every ten-year-old’s dream gifts for his bday - Bryony got him a multicoloured triceratops ballpoint pen with a dangling dino keychain, another friend got him a mini zen garden kit, another got him a sound effects machine (which he demonstrated) and another got him a crystal growing kit
- Dan got him the Norman mug from his instagram pic the other day, which is a colour-changing mug (when you put hot liquid in it, Norman appears)
- His parents gave him his birthday gifts at Christmas and he had to wait to open them; they got him some white and blue shoes he loves and wants to use for ‘summer looks’; he facetimed them on his birthday
- His favourite gifts were the mug and the shoes
- He has more birthday celebrations still to come
- The News Story of the Weeeeeeeeeeek was about a farm in North Carolina which is looking for volunteers to go and cuddle piglets (‘I volunteer as tribute’ - Phil)
- He ate the whole cake from the baking video with the help of Dan and some other friends, and they all gave it a B+
- The baking vid is one of his favourites he’s done for a while
- Norman looking great as always in Norman Cam
- He was delighted by all the birthday comments and art and #happybirthdayphil trending
- He’s managed to smash 3 mugs in the last few days, including his NASA mug and a mug from Japan; today he threw coffee all over the kitchen and his own toes
- He loved Dear Evan Hansen, favourite song was Sincerely Me
- He absolutely loved the finale of The Good Place
- Community question was about strange birthday gifts - his dad got his mum an iron once which she was not impressed by, but later he got her an iPad which she was much happier with :lol:
- Played a bit of the card game from last time picking between 2 scenarios; chose to become a slug rather than destroy the moon (‘AmazingSlug is rising’)
- He got recommended an 8-hour ‘nurse taking care of you’ ASMR vid and watched a tiny bit out of curiosity, also imitated a little for us, thanks Phil
- Sent good luck vibes to folks for upcoming vidcon ballots :please:
- Last week’s show didn’t record so he can’t upload it, but should be able to upload today’s
- Red velvet is still his cake of choice
- His rainbow gaming mouse was having a gay disco when he came into the room with the lights off as he left the PC on :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
raantje
first-time poster

Thanks for the detailed rundown, can't wait to see it! :)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil said during the ls that he was going to check out the phandomgives page and donate and it looks like he did. He left a nice comment
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:37 pm Phil said during the ls that he was going to check out the phandomgives page and donate and it looks like he did. He left a nice comment
And donated £200 :')
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

It was good to see Phil as always! :D Here are my highlights:
  • [4:32] Phil reveals that the cake he baked in his latest video was eaten by him, Dan, and some other friends. Dan and the other friends gave it a B+.
  • [5:02] Phil continues to reveal his feelings for Paul Hollywood:
    P: Paul Hollywood, box me...Dad.
  • Phil talks about celebrating his birthday:
    • [5:31] On the day of his birthday, Phil talked with his parents on FaceTime, and he got to open some presents from them that they sent home with him after Christmas. They got him some shoes that he had forgotten that he asked for.
    • [6:46] Bryony Matthewman got him a dinosaur pen that can write in different colors.
    • [9:16] Another friend got him a sound effect machine.
    • [12:54] For Phil’s birthday, Norman has been swimming through the hole in the rocks, and “he knows that’s the best thing.” Also, his time spent with Phil has been his birthday present. :betta:
    • [14:03] For his birthday, Phil also got a crystal growing kit, and his friend got him a miniature zen garden. He’s thinking of putting a grown crystal in the middle of the zen garden.
    • [14:30] Dan got Phil the Norman mug he previously showed on Instagram. It’s a mug that reveals the image on it only when warm.
    • [41:45] On the day of his birthday, Phil went to see Weathering with You with some friends, and they had the theatre to themselves.
  • [7:42] Phil’s been really clumsy since his birthday. He’s smashed three mugs: one from Japan, one from NASA, and one that was a plain but good drinking mug.
  • [10:29] Phil shows us Norman Cam.
  • [11:41] Phil talks about seeing Dear Evan Hansen. He enjoyed it, and it was more emotional than he expected.
  • [16:51] Phil is going to the dentist this week, and he’s worried that his wisdom teeth will have to come out. They’re growing sideways, so this is actually inevitable, but he doesn’t know exactly when it’s going to have to happen.
  • [20:23] Phil’s dad once got his mom a new “pro” iron as one of her main presents for Christmas, and she was not amused. He made up for it next year by getting her an iPad.
  • [24:18] Phil is (probably) not going to upload last week’s liveshow because it didn’t record. And what about the liveshow from the week before last (January 19)? Why was that recording deleted from Tumblr, Phil?
  • [25:49] Phil says his favorite Friends episode is “The One with the Embryos” (season 4, episode 12). When he was young, he had this episode "on video," and he used to watch it all the time.
  • [27:04] Phil acknowledges Phandom Gives. He commits to donating himself (which he did, see below), and he also has included a link to the fundraiser page in the video description. ♥️
  • [29:06] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: An animal rescue farm in North Carolina is seeking volunteers to cuddle piglets to socialize them and prepare them to be adopted as pets.
  • [33:26] Phil decides to insert some wholly unwanted ASMR into his liveshow. 🤢
  • [35:10] For the gaming segment this week, Phil plays If You Had To... with the liveshow audience.
  • [37:42] Phil once tried to do a silence for Comic Relief with his friend, and they only lasted about four hours.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:37 pm Phil said during the ls that he was going to check out the phandomgives page and donate and it looks like he did. He left a nice comment
Is there a way to post his comment here?

ETA: never mind! Itasca linked it! Thanks!
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 am
  • [24:18] Phil is (probably) not going to upload last week’s liveshow because it didn’t record. And what about the liveshow from the week before last (January 19)? Why was that recording deleted from Tumblr, Phil?
So, since it seems like Phil's last two liveshows (from January 19 and January 26) aren't going to be uploaded, is anyone aware of any community recordings of these shows (for those who didn't get to see them and for me to do timestamps on)?
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Just adding this here bc Phil is beautiful. I am just so appreciative of his content! I feel he is really growing as a person and creator and I hope we someday get to see evidence of Dan’s growth through him eventually sharing some content.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Breaking news: I love Phil.
noodlebum
flower crown

Ah great will watch that tonight :) sounds like a good one
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The 35 minutes he did on his phone 2 weeks ago is still here despite him taking it down, a reblog still works :shrug: https://transdimensional-void.tumblr.co ... mazingphil

Liveshow was fun. I was clearing files from my Dropbox and phone at the same time and was so engrossed in having 8 minutes left to move some files. Was amused that those white trainers with the blue soles are from the one and only Topman. Also I thought they’re boring, but I guess they’re summery and will go with blue tshirts.
waitingfan
tol bean

I live for Phil's fav song in DEH being "Sincerely Me". There is some Gay Panic Gold in that song, which is pretty hilarious.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil did an interview!

Some stuff we've heard before, some stuff about coming out, and some stuff about mysterious projects which apparently all involve writing. It's nice.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

My heart did a flippy over thing while reading "on screen or in print". My animated show / light novel dream is coming to life I can feel it. I can taste it. 2020 is the year of Phil
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I really liked this interview. He’s given some of the same answers before but I like that he’s opening up. His comment about being really nervous to post COTY made me want to give him a hug and also him saying that negative comments do get to him even though he tries to focus on the good was interesting too because phil usually doesn’t comment on that.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, how lovely. Of all those going to Vidcon, Phil got an interview, spread the word, Standard, tell the world. I’ve been keeping his writing mentions at the back of my mind under ‘just at pitching stage, do not expect’, but this sounds a bit more likely. Dare we be excited.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Dan tweeted. Some of his interactions in the thread are pretty funny.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Someone on tumblr noticed that Lauren removed IRL from her social media profiles. She still follows the accounts but if she’s left that would explain the lack of posts about merch lately.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Thought I’d share the fic I won in the phandomgives raffle. That was such a fun day! Thanks again to the mods and everyone who helped with the watch party.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/225381 ... rong>Piece of Domestic Bliss