Dan & Phil Part 93: Fomosexual

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's gonna take me roughly 4 months to get over that first photo of what is essentially 3 couples. 3 pairs that are all one big, happy family. Like... Dan's a part of that. He's right there by Phil's side, naturally a part of this family outing and Phil wants to share that with us.

And I know this isn't new. I know we've seen Dan hang with the Lesters (+ Cornelia) many a time at this point, but like.... idk, it makes me emotional every time. Like, nobody should ever question Dan's place in Phil's life.

It's fine. I'm FINE.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I always wish for more content but this is god tier. I also want to know what dnp’s thoughts are - does this mean anything? Is this just a one off? Are we ever going to get a photo of Phil and Karen? Too many thoughts
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

How is Phil, King of No Coordination, so good at darts? Are his arms simply long enough to reach halfway across the floorspace provided? That must be it.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:48 pm
How is Phil, King of No Coordination, so good at darts? Are his arms simply long enough to reach halfway across the floorspace provided? That must be it.
Bold of you to assume those videos aren't just his editing skills~*
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

It seems like birthday festivities are continuing. I do wonder if this insta story happened before the bowling incident. Like, maybe this was a games room that had darts, bowling, etc., and the darts were before Phil tripped on his own feet.

I do also respect that Phil's dad's face is obscured in Phil's story and his name is obscured on the score chart in Cornelia's story.
knq
lava lamp

Cornelia’s IG shows Phil finishing second to last though. :D Can’t even let a guy win on his own birthday... week(s).
Megancita75 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm It seems like birthday festivities are continuing. I do wonder if this insta story happened before the bowling incident. Like, maybe this was a games room that had darts, bowling, etc., and the darts were before Phil tripped on his own feet.
I was wondering that too. It makes a lot more sense for Phil to be walking around a museum before he heroically hurt his leg.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:48 pm
Bold of you to assume those videos aren't just his editing skills~*
Oh wait yeah Phil came in next to last, I stand corrected.
Phantasy
woodland creature

They are side-by-side AND TOUCHING that counts as a couples pic right.... RIGHT?!

(so.thirsty.for.content.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Those stories absolutely made my morning :') So nice to see!!!!
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Those were beautiful and I love the group picture, looks like so much fun!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I love their shaved sides! I hope Phil tells more about this day in his live show. I was watching some old Dan liveshows and I really miss hearing his accounts of the birthday adventures.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I got this from an anon on tumblr (hi anon!) who is much better at deciphering darts scores than I am, apparently.
I don’t have an Idb account, but I want to point out that Phil did actually win one game if darts. They played 4 games. Martyn, Dan, Phil and Nigel each won won. M won overall because he also had a 2nd and 3rd. C had 3 2nd place finishes. D had 4 overall points with the 1st and a 3rd. P and N tied with one win a piece and Kath had one 2nd and 1 3rd. It looks like there was a tie for 2nd at some point.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I often call my cat "Cushion" because of obvious physical similariies, so I guess I have to agree it sounds nice!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
knq
lava lamp

I think it's cute that all the Lesters apparently shorten their name to 4 letters except Kath, whose name I also cannot help shortening to 4 letters.

Yeah I'll just be over here being irrelevant about the Lester clan :love2:
autumnhearth
senpai

^ That was my main takeaway yesterday :lol:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Can anyone tell me if that “I Dated AmazingPhil” video by Onision on 2/7/12 was an actual collab? If not, what was the Phil footage from? I know he started hating on Phil in 2016, so I don’t understand the context of that video.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
knq
lava lamp

Susanisnotafish wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:17 am Can anyone tell me if that “I Dated AmazingPhil” video by on 2/7/12 was an actual collab? If not, what was the Phil footage from? I know he started hating on Phil in 2016, so I don’t understand the context of that video.
I’ve read that it was a collab in the sense that Phil sent over some recorded video to be used. I don’t want to look into it too much because, you know, abuser. I imagine he just seemed like another youtuber at the time.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

found myself wondering if dan would acknowledge this today. he did and he's right:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Idk how to feel. Obviously this is a big moment however saying that schofe’s endorsement for Boris Johnson was a clown moment reeks of privilege. I wish he could have phrased that answer better
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I'm not in the UK, so I don't know anything about this guy or any of the potentially problematic political positions he has, but boy does my heart go out to him and his family. I can only imagine how difficult and confusing it must be for him, or anyone is a similar position, to have built a family and life around such a secret. I'm guessing he likely deeply loves his wife and children, and there were probably so many reasons (given his generation) to keep the secret and so many trade-offs he made in order to commit to his family and likely as well, a media career. Regardless, big sympathy to him, his wife, and daughters and I'm surprised people are giving him flak for lying when it's such a complicated issue. I'm sure Dan is relating hard to some of this today.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

On a personal note, this tweet makes me think about a secret I once kept -- about someone else -- that I thought at the time was the right thing to do, and I was floored and still am floored by how absolutely corrosive keeping that secret was to my mental health and my relationships with my family. It was incredibly isolating and created a lot of cognitive dissonance. I have sworn never again to keep a secret; it was utterly exhausting.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’m not in the UK either and I definitely don’t expect dan to address politics so that’s why I’m surprised he replied to that tweet at all. It’s good that dan’s using his voice to tweet about important things and I don’t want to take away from that or from Philip coming out. I just have very strong opinions and feelings about media personalities humanizing politicians that infringe on human rights. I don’t want to prolong the conversation because I’m not trying to start discourse I just wanted to express how I felt
knq
lava lamp

biiiiiitch :wavingflag:

I don’t actually agree with how Dan defines the term boomer, but ‘are you an ally?’ is the best thing he’s tweeted
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

knq wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:46 pm biiiiiitch :wavingflag:

I don’t actually agree with how Dan defines the term boomer, but ‘are you an ally?’ is the best thing he’s tweeted
I don't like the "ok boomer" thing bc i do feel young people will use it to dismiss any discussion, and i think it's a bit childish sometimes, but it's so ignorant to compare it to a homophobic slur or any other for that matter. So I'm glad he clarified.

Damn I had no idea about that tv presenter. I'm sure dan related a lot today, despite his political background.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

knq wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:46 pm biiiiiitch :wavingflag:

The term "boomer", with all its definitions (including the current insulting one), has plagued us for a very long time, and should be retired.

I like what Dan says in this tweet: maybe he'll remember this attitude next time he's about to make one of his ageist comments.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."