Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

There’s a tiny snippet of Phil doing the BBC podcast in this vid at 0:56.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
susan2
rainbow nerd

(v. long!) list of updates from the Laugh It Up panel today so far...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I am drowning in all this Phil content and the giddy meet and greet photos and recounts!! I hope some of our IDBers that met them come back and post how it was!!

This one is so cute :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

omg its been a full day of phil WHY IS EVERYONE SO QUIET are you all just flailing elsewhere? Because my twitter and tumblr feeds have been nonstop Phil and this place is crickets

hello9217
flower crown

I’ve been refreshing here but no one is talking about today. Seemed like a great day for phil! He seemed such in his element and so charming. Also everyone looked like they enjoyed meeting him. It’s been difficult to keep up with everything on social media because it was such a packed day! Makes me excited for Mexico.

Also no idea why but his eveybrow raise at the panel this morning has been permanently etched into my brain.
liola
rankussy

Phil was so lovely today. Like I know that I might be biased because I love him but he was so so lovely. He was quite talkative on the panel and he stood out so much, especially when they all had to introduce themselves and everyone mentioned just their channels and he managed to mention his 14 years old channel, his BBC radio gig and the stage shows. Like yes, show off my king. He seemed a bit anxious, he kept looking around randomly and not fixing on one point which I think was an anxiety tick, and it was really funny when someone mentioned that if you start YouTube you gonna get demonitezed, he was the blinking man gif irl lmao

The m&g was so so nice (and it was my first time meeting him and he looked SO GOOD and I'm :happytears: ) he was very smooth in all the pictures, I was almost expecting him to be a bit awkward with this big m&g by himself for the first time but he seemed really at ease and like If you didn't know who he was no one would think that he(was) part of a kind of duo. He was very nice and talked a bit with everyone and listened, he didn't rush anyone either which was nice

Also it's pretty obvious just how big he is compared to everyone else, even just the number of people cheering for him or screaming at the mention of his name compared to others... yeah he still pulls a lot

The night of awesome was more like night of disaster, I really don't know why he didn't do something by himself instead of getting roped into a weird science experiment but he was cute and funny and really fucking tall, a giant lamp in a blue shimmering jacket, shining into my heart. Just a shame that the entire thing was very boring from start to finish with an awful rude unplanned intermission which kinda ruined the mood.

But Phil was 10/10, A+, would Phil again
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Phil is briefly shown at 0:45.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Also someone who spent most of the day refreshing here. Being someone that never likes to start a conversation I hoped I’d see something. Part of me almost thinks if it was Dan In Phil’s position there’d be more discussion on here, but hey maybe I’m just being a salty bitch.

Didn’t go to vidcon but god, I really got happiness from everyone who met phil or their friends. When everyone was waiting to meet him and I was like, I really should of just pushed through to go. Most of my day was refreshing Twitter and tumblr, was a great time and phil looked very handsome in his blue jacket. I’m waiting to see a upload of his panel and hopefully his podcast won’t be too long of a wait. Even though the last part seemed like a dud on vidcons part I hope everyone had a good time and it was worth it. Hopefully we get a liveshow today because I want to watch it live for once.

Here’s a few IGS stories that haven’t been put on here yet And phil looking as beautiful as ever in a IG post
noodlebum
flower crown

That's a lovely photo of him and I adore that jacket!
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

Secretstanner wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:59 am Also someone who spent most of the day refreshing here. Being someone that never likes to start a conversation I hoped I’d see something. Part of me almost thinks if it was Dan In Phil’s position there’d be more discussion on here, but hey maybe I’m just being a salty bitch.
I agree with this in general but maybe some of our IDB posters will tell us more once they've recovered from seeing him (I know I'd need a few business days to get over being hugged by Phil!).

Everyone looked so good in their m&g photos and I hope they had the best time! The night of awesome seemed a bit cringy but maybe it's supposed to be lol.

Fingers crossed for a Phil liveshow today 🤞
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

That Instagram post is so cute! He looks handsome and I love the purple/pink lighting. I just caught a few clips on twitter yesterday but it seems like everyone who met him had fun. I hope everyone here that went had a good experience :) I can’t remember if he said last week whether he’d do a live show today but I’m hoping he does! And I’m hoping it’ll be an hour since the last two have been short
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Random dan sighting today
Judearaya
sofa crease

liola wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 pm Phil was so lovely today.
Can I ask, how brown/ginger is his hair in real life? I feel like it always looks like 17 colors in pictures and videos!
liola wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 pm
The night of awesome was more like night of disaster, I really don't know why he didn't do something by himself instead of getting roped into a weird science experiment but he was cute and funny and really fucking tall, a giant lamp in a blue shimmering jacket, shining into my heart. Just a shame that the entire thing was very boring from start to finish with an awful rude unplanned intermission which kinda ruined the mood.
So i was only half following SM bc it was overwhelming and my day was crazy -- can you tell me what you me why it was a disaster? (sorry I think I must have missed something, I saw a video of the science experiment but haven't heard anything else).

I'm so glad you got to meet him! I am so jealous!!
Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:54 pm Random dan sighting today
WAS HE RUNNING IT? This answers so many questions about if he's been training with smaller races!!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

liola
rankussy

Judearaya wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:59 pm
liola wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 pm Phil was so lovely today.
Can I ask, how brown/ginger is his hair in real life? I feel like it always looks like 17 colors in pictures and videos!
liola wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 pm
So i was only half following SM bc it was overwhelming and my day was crazy -- can you tell me what you me why it was a disaster? (sorry I think I must have missed something, I saw a video of the science experiment but haven't heard anything else).

I'm so glad you got to meet him! I am so jealous!!
Very very very light up close with a lot of ginger. It seemed dark again when he came into the room for the panel but up close wow it's so light, the roots are the same color as the eyebrows

Oh I also forgot to say I got a WE mention during my m&g cause I asked him if he's seen any trailer for final fantasy 7 (listen I have my priorities) and he was like "no we're trying really hard to ignore spoilers"

The night of awesome was very boring but during a performance one asshole managed to get on stage and film himself making a rude transphobic joke right before Phil was on stage which kinda made the end of the night pretty bad

Judearaya
sofa crease

Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:52 pm
OMG sorry, I was so tired and life in home is being stressful and i forgot that checking a tweet for replies was a thing that existed :facepalm:
susan2
rainbow nerd

That's so awesome!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

[source]

I'm rooting for Dan so hard on this :running:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I am.... so. stinkin’. happy and excited. for Dan.

:happytears:

And am generally really glad to know he is, in fact, doing “smaller” races. What a brilliant build up to the marathon. I legit wanna hug the guy for doing such a lovely thing.
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

Phil looks very handsome and also the number of pride flags he seems to have signed and posed with is incredible.
Okay this made my weekend :transheart:
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Judearaya
sofa crease

total aside:

That IG story of him playing the game, my heart MELTS at Dan trying not to laugh in the background. Like Phil has big day the next day, Dan's running a fucking half marathon, and they're at home playing board games. FML.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So... I wonder if this half marathon is exactly why Dan didn't do Vidcon, then? It would make sense that he wouldn't want to tell people (and have people show up) and I imagine he only has so many chances to do the half ones before the big one, right? Either way I'm so proud of him for really working for this.

I'm also drowning in love with Phil for this whole weekend. People's con reports have just been so fantastic and I hope he really feels how much people adore him.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

It's really nice--for them and for us!--that they each had a great weekend, doing entirely different things. And no one in the phandom is panicking about that.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Judearaya
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:37 pm So... I wonder if this half marathon is exactly why Dan didn't do Vidcon, then? It would make sense that he wouldn't want to tell people (and have people show up) and I imagine he only has so many chances to do the half ones before the big one, right? Either way I'm so proud of him for really working for this.
I was wondering this too! I mean it could be a number of things including that? But if he's committed to doing the marathon and it's a proving he can thing (Well in part, if you know what I mean) I think that would be a big reason not to?
lefthandedism wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:45 pm It's really nice--for them and for us!--that they each had a great weekend, doing entirely different things. And no one in the phandom is panicking about that.
Tragically, I've seen a little panic about this but...not a lot. Which is nice.
liola
rankussy

I still don't understand why Dan would run for hours

Like I can't picture it I just can't I'm sorry for everyone that is excited I just

Running. For hours.

bluecaterpillar

that's a good point about him maybe not doing vidcon because of the marathon being the same weekend. i guess it depends on whether he goes to any other conventions this year (apart from vidcon mexico of course) or if avoiding youtube conventions becomes a habit.

twitter phandom is passing around a blurry photo which is supposedly dan at the start line, but the image is from last year's race. however, i'm pretty sure it actually is dan in this tweet, the bib number is a bit blurry but it matches. first photo on the left in the grey jacket. in other news, all the photos and stories from phil's m&g have been so lovely to see! i was also refreshing tumblr and twitter for most of yesterday, noticed a lack of posts here but honestly i think a lot of that is down to the forum format lending itself more to discussion and opinions. whereas (at least until his panel gets uploaded) the stuff from vidcon was mostly lots of bitty clips and gifs and pictures which are just easier to look at on tumblr.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach