Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Judearaya
sofa crease

liola wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:30 pm I still don't understand why Dan would run for hours

Like I can't picture it I just can't I'm sorry for everyone that is excited I just

Running. For hours.
I mean, I have no desire to do this. I ran a 5k once to prove to myself I could do it and that was it for me. I was a swimmer though and I really did get a sense of self worth and understanding of my determination and capability from pushing myself in that way. It's not for everyone. By that I mean that ppl find ways to find that emotion in a million different ways. I'm emo over this bc he's pushing himself to do a thing he said he failed at before, and I want him to be happy and feel good. You could not pay me to run lol.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

bluecaterpillar wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:45 pm that's a good point about him maybe not doing vidcon because of the marathon being the same weekend. i guess it depends on whether he goes to any other conventions this year (apart from vidcon mexico of course) or if avoiding youtube conventions becomes a habit.

twitter phandom is passing around a blurry photo which is supposedly dan at the start line, but the image is from last year's race. however, i'm pretty sure it actually is dan in this tweet, the bib number is a bit blurry but it matches. first photo on the left in the grey jacket. in other news, all the photos and stories from phil's m&g have been so lovely to see! i was also refreshing tumblr and twitter for most of yesterday, noticed a lack of posts here but honestly i think a lot of that is down to the forum format lending itself more to discussion and opinions. whereas (at least until his panel gets uploaded) the stuff from vidcon was mostly lots of bitty clips and gifs and pictures which are just easier to look at on tumblr.
Oh yeah, the one in the gray jacket standing off to the side looking down at his phone is absolutely Dan.
Judearaya wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:55 pm
liola wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:30 pm I still don't understand why Dan would run for hours

Like I can't picture it I just can't I'm sorry for everyone that is excited I just

Running. For hours.
I mean, I have no desire to do this. I ran a 5k once to prove to myself I could do it and that was it for me. I was a swimmer though and I really did get a sense of self worth and understanding of my determination and capability from pushing myself in that way. It's not for everyone. By that I mean that ppl find ways to find that emotion in a million different ways. I'm emo over this bc he's pushing himself to do a thing he said he failed at before, and I want him to be happy and feel good. You could not pay me to run lol.
I definitely feel like it's a personal journey for Dan, to take something he failed at and spend a year working hard at being better and breaking it down into parts he can accomplish, then trying it again. He's never had an experience like that on his own in life, and I'm just so proud of him.
knq
lava lamp

I’m loling at how very ‘Dan’ that particular photo is. Checks out.

I’m theoretically happy for Dan, but practically don’t have many thoughts beyond the whole “Running. For hours.” thing.

Apparently a Phil Lester was in the same race, but he was very fast and over 40 years old. Small world?

I hope our philly plans on a liveshow today, assuming he’s rested a bit!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Phil did post that he’s doing a live show today at 8pm! I noticed he didn’t upload last weeks, I’m hoping he’ll upload today’s bec I’m probably gonna miss it
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Someone asked him if he missed the radio show and I actually love his answer. He seemed to put thought into it (as much as one can in a liveshow) and said that he misses it sometimes because it was a unique experience to know people were listening on their drives home, but that he prefers being his own boss to having a boss and that there were a lot of hoops to jump through with the radio.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

He could get some of the good parts about the radio show minus the bad parts by doing a podcast.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I hope he uploads this ls. He was so sassy today
Phantasy
woodland creature

Reading the caption from some of the runners and apparently the conditions were crazy... very windy and getting pelted by rain and sea spray the whole time!

As miserable as he must be after that ordeal, I’m encouraged he’s running real races and (seemingly) conditioning himself properly.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Sounds like he had a good time at Vidcon! He said that he was less anxious (his brain was being nice to him) and that he got to chat with some people he was hoping to see. He was also really appreciate of the people who came out to see him <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm I hope he uploads this ls. He was so sassy today
That response about him doing what he wants with his hair cracked me up.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

omg I like this picture better than the selfie he uploaded.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Amiaw wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm I hope he uploads this ls. He was so sassy today
That response about him doing what he wants with his hair cracked me up.
I’ve been slightly obsessed with the idea of him
dyeing his hair so I’m glad he replied to my question and also followed it up with that response. I love his brown hair but he’s been mentioning blonde so much lately I just wanted to know if he was serious
(I love that he shortens my username and calls me Jenn too)
Judearaya
sofa crease

Phantasy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 pm Reading the caption from some of the runners and apparently the conditions were crazy... very windy and getting pelted by rain and sea spray the whole time!

As miserable as he must be after that ordeal, I’m encouraged he’s running real races and (seemingly) conditioning himself properly.
Lackless just mentioned in WWC subscribing to..a feed? the website (I just woke up from accidental 12 minute nap)...bc they post pictures (official ones) of runners, so hopefully we'll get one of him?
Judearaya
sofa crease

Uhhh how do i do this officially?
Sorry I am spam posting, but I just saw this on tumblr that there might be a Dan sighting in Sophie's instastory? But if he was at VidCon wouldn't ppl have mentioned/seen?
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
bluecaterpillar

Judearaya wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:23 pm Uhhh how do i do this officially?

https://dip-the-pip.tumblr.com/post/19 ... he-posted

Sorry I am spam posting, but I just saw this on tumblr that there might be a Dan sighting in Sophie's instastory? But if he was at VidCon wouldn't ppl have mentioned/seen?
yeah if dan can't run the brighton half marathon without being spotted there's absolutely no way he can stand by pj's booth in the middle of a youtube convention and stay anonymous. but i have to admit the hair, the height, the outfit and the rucksack all do look really dan-esque.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

The hair looked straight when I zoomed in and I don't think Dan could go unnoticed at Vidcon.
Judearaya
sofa crease

Phanshy wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:40 pm The hair looked straight when I zoomed in and I don't think Dan could go unnoticed at Vidcon.
It's Dan from 2015, jumping forward in time.

I really wanna make a cursed joke about the doppleganger comment Dan made once but I'll hold back ;)
Last edited by Judearaya on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

He might have been on the floor during the youtuber-only time. They give youtubers and vendors an hour to go play on the floor without fans after it closes.
Neons
spork

Great liveshow tonight, including the sassiness. Loved all the mentions of embracing the neon aesthetic, as my username may suggest I am rather a fan of neon things & bright colours etc. Love his recent insta posts :loveeyes:.

It made me feel weirdly sad though when he mentioned he'd been playing Apex all day just because it seems like he doesn't want to play proper games in the liveshows anymore. But maybe he prefers to keep things like AL for his offline life rather than sharing it with everyone. I miss gaming Phil though!
bluecaterpillar

plinthofmylife wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:55 pm He might have been on the floor during the youtuber-only time. They give youtubers and vendors an hour to go play on the floor without fans after it closes.
oh this would make so much more sense! i had no idea this was even a thing. in that case i guess it could be dan then? the rucksack, jacket and shoes all look like items which he's worn before in videos and photos, which did really confuse me. although i've no idea when sophie posted the ig story and whether the timing lines up with the youtuber-only hour (the story itself is gone now).
Last edited by bluecaterpillar on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

There’s some really good pics of Phil at the end of this video.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

We were looking at the merch stand photo while watching the Night of Awesome show and it didn’t seem quite right, eg his hair’s too short, though obvs he could have cut it. When RenMakesMusic came on to sing, he was in a different outfit, but the same shoes and haircut, though tbh the smile still looks more like Dan to me. There are people in the photo other than creators, it doesn’t look like a creators-only time.
liola
rankussy

Yeah that picture happened during peak vidcon time where everyone was around the merch stands not after it closed so he would've definitely been spotted if it was Dan. There were people taking pics at Pj's shop all the time and tomska and dean's and Phil's were right around there as well so highly unlikely that no one would've seen dan and said a thing or even asked for a pic

Phil's live show 💙he is just so fucking adorable, and I don't know what he was wearing but it looked like a bathrobe and I'm just glad for that mental picture.

Also when he mentioned not knowing anything from tiktok @Catallena and I just fucking died laughing and she choked on her drink because his face was just priceless
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Phantasy
woodland creature

The photos of Dan from the marathon posted on the official site—they’re cropped and watermarked, basically previews made available for purchase.

I’m sure someone will post them here, but let’s just say they are not flattering. His runners face is something to behold! (I mean after running for 13 miles in the wind and getting pelted with rain and salt water, you’re not gonna look great)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Phantasy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:38 am The photos of Dan from the marathon posted on the official site—they’re cropped and watermarked, basically previews made available for purchase.

I’m sure someone will post them here, but let’s just say they are not flattering. His runners face is something to behold! (I mean after running for 13 miles in the wind and getting pelted with rain and salt water, you’re not gonna look great)
The photos are here (I didn't bother capturing them or saving them bc watermarks and stuff whatever) and I'm proud of him! I wish we could have heard about it from him instead of the reports and whatnot, but I'm very proud of him! I wonder (can't remember if I've posted about this yet) if this is another "block" for him to pass through, like the next video we'll get from him will be about running the marathon he couldn't do last year. Or simply about his journey as a runner. Idk i got the vibes from his vidcon talk that he isn't exactly done talking about this. Especially since it wasn't on his main channel.

And someone on tumblr pointed out that he's wearing the same jacket Phil is wearing in this insta pic, which makes my demon ass very emotional lol