Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Phil completely inspired by the science experiment at night of awesome thinks he can science too

He decide to bleach his hair since he’s mentioned going blonde a little too much lately

No clue really. I realized that with his last video that his hints give very little away and he’s fully chaotic
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Wearing heart rate monitors while playing stressful video games is a new trend. Maybe he'll do that while playing Apex?
knq
lava lamp

sarmstr2 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:05 am Wearing heart rate monitors while playing stressful video games is a new trend. Maybe he'll do that while playing Apex?
That actually sounds like a very Phil thing to do! Though he’s said he’s a bit of a hypochondriac, so I wonder if he’d end up scaring himself.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I had a small hope for drag makeup, but I don't think it's that.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Bleaching his hair would certainly explain the ’oh no’ expressions on the faces of the people he told, and I guess it *could* be mildly dangerous, but I don’t think it’d be a very weird shopping list? (I really hope it isn’t that. Like, I’d support him and all? But no, no thank you ... also I feel like that’s maybe something he’d go to a salon for)

I really like the suggestions of science!phil, but I dunno how that’d relate to ‘something people do all the time’?

I really don’t have any other ideas, I’m so intrigued :hmmm:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Judearaya
sofa crease

No idea what Phil's video is gonna be, but I love that. I love the chaos recently, I hope it's more of that :D I have been COMBING through old threads for information on various trips/vacations for 2017 specifically and wishing I had the time/energy/resources to create a vacations thread/compilation. I barely have the resources to function at life right now LOL.

Rumors of London Marathon being cancelled -- thoughts? I only saw a passing whiff of this on tumblr so idk if this is panic or if something was officially hinted at?
liola
rankussy

They're talking about cancelling it, yeah, but nothing is set in stone yet, guess they're gonna see how the virus goes around

I don't know what Phil's video is going to be like but i have one thing i'm sure of: he'll look incredible and he'll make me laugh.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

I think the marathon will end up being this: https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/news/a3 ... ronavirus/...unless something changes. Dan probably wouldn't be considered elite...although if you ask millions of people, they would say differently. :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For science reasons, what are you favorite Dan or Phil tweets over the years?

Not the shippy ones, but the ones that are just weird as fuck and make you laugh.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I like Phil’s whole Russell Sprout saga.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, there’s a question. Dan’s 5-year-old selfie one for Young Minds was lovely. Phil’s ‘shoutout to the ant that just crawled up my shorts and bit me on the bum’ was a funny addition to the ongoing adventures of his butt (it’s a safe and silly thing to joke about I guess. It’s also been pierced by Dan’s earring).
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Dan's "good that you are good" -- absolute classic.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I love Dan’s last tweet, surprisingly earnest as it was, and his older one which I don’t have to hand where he called us ducklings. Aww.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Phantasy
woodland creature

No contest...
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

One day I fully plan to read through both of their Twitter timelines. It seems like a fun project though I have no idea how far back they go.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

46:55 - they talk about Dan and Phil a bit!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

phil out here being cute with his coffee and kit kats :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Omg, that bit in the Safiya and Tyler video is hilarious, that’s not quite where I’d go to describe them.
hello9217
flower crown

100% this tweet is my fave
liola
rankussy

Un-related really to Dan and Phil but something that made me thing of them. I was watching Ben and Cristine's new podcast and they dedicated their last episode entirely to their relationship, because people really wanna know more about it since they haven't really done anything specific on it. I kept thinking that I would honestly DIE for this kind of talk from Dan and Phil, not really the parts on how they met or the more cheesy stuff (although I would die as well for that) but the entirety of working together in multiple projects, sharing and dividing finances, discrepancy in income etc etc it was all so interesting to hear a conversation like that in real adult ways with an underline of respect and I think a lot of things could relate to Dan and Phil as well and I would sell my soul to have that

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh heck, what if Phil’s making his own fursuit :shock: too much work for one video, but that old Dan tweet made me think.

And oh yes, that kind of background working together insight would be amazing.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

My only guess re: Phil's video is that he won't be in front of his boring white background. He got a lot of praise (from my POV) for being out and about in his last video, so I'm kinda hoping he's doing another outdoor adventure.

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:10 am phil out here being cute with his coffee and kit kats :happytears:
Sigh. I love this, but I honestly think I die a little more inside every time I'm reminded that they still rent.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Out of curiosity, why do you not like that they still rent? I’m not that invested in their living situation (and I’m a long-term renter myself!) so I never quite understand what concerns people have about them continuing to stay where they are at. (This is not a critique by the way, just a desire to understand a different perspective.)
Phantasy
woodland creature

Megancita75 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:49 pm Out of curiosity, why do you not like that they still rent? I’m not that invested in their living situation (and I’m a long-term renter myself!) so I never quite understand what concerns people have about them continuing to stay where they are at. (This is not a critique by the way, just a desire to understand a different perspective.)
Because of the warm feels from the idea of a forever home, with room for stuff and a garden for a Corgi and Shibe to play in...

Aside from that, I think people shudder at the idea of the astronomic cost that their 2 loft arrangement must cost them... even without knowing the exact location, they are central to London, in a desirable area, with modern design and amenities, open layout and multiple bedrooms, bathrooms, 2 KITCHENS, balconies, etc. A 1 bedroom with similar specs in London can (and easily does) go for 2500-3000 a month, so do the math on what their place must set them back.

Now, of course they are domestic partners and a couple of rich bros, but still, that shizz adds up—especially when they’re are not actually working (or have very many friends) in London. They probably did (maybe still do) have a nice tax write-off by treating the filming loft as an office and business expense, but that’s not exactly how they use it now and aside from some passive and residual income, essentially they’re down to single income while Dan is on hiatus (new merch and YouTube).

Given their history of taking risks and producing their own projects they may be totally comfortable keeping their wealth relatively liquid and not tied up in real estate in case they want to fund the next big thing, but Phil also spilled the beans on the fixer-upper house they almost bought and of course Dan’s frequent mention of forever home, so it’s on their mind. (A YARD FULL OF PUPPERS!)
liola
rankussy

Megancita75 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:49 pm Out of curiosity, why do you not like that they still rent? I’m not that invested in their living situation (and I’m a long-term renter myself!) so I never quite understand what concerns people have about them continuing to stay where they are at. (This is not a critique by the way, just a desire to understand a different perspective.)
Because renting is a waste of money and they've both talked about it, especially Dan, expressing the desire of one day owning a house cause rent is just putting money in a landlord's pockets without getting anything out of it in the end.

I'm also a longtime renter, but that's because I'm not rich, I can't afford a mortgage for a house, no bank would ever give it to me, but if I could, I wouldn't keep renting. Investing in property is still a pretty solid financial choice and I'm appalled at the idea that they might not have, because clearly, they've thought about it.

The total cost of their rent and utilities must be insane, and I have no doubt they could pay half of that in a mortgage and still get a pretty swish place. So yeah, every day they keep renting is another day they deprive me of serotonin.

Plus I'm starting to get tired of camping on moving hill, I miss plumbing yall