Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Dan in that ig story. :happytears:

The hearts are because I like hearing him and the tears are because I wanna see him too.
starwatersong
phabergé

Love hearing Dan!

For those who may not know, he’s quoting Trinity Taylor in Drag Race (who was critiquing another contestant’s poor depiction of Sofía Vergara).
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

Aw, Dan says that he can't hear the TV station/channel and Phil's dog, maybe purposely so that Phil stops the loud app, falls in the water and I think that's Dan in the back and on the right? :hmmm:

Maybe they don't have a dog because they need to be able to hear the TV. :rofl: :P jokes jokes
kavat
pastel persona

I love knowing that they are just chilling together, enjoying a coffee and games and sweets. Feels good, feels organic.
knq
lava lamp

If dnp purchased the flat they currently rent, would that satisfy the residents of moving hill? I’m curious. I actually have quite fond feelings about their flat now—the moon room and the lounge with the windows especially. Probably because of WITL content and all their domestic nonsense filmed there.

Haribo should really sponsor Phil. I cannot support any clown shaped candy though.
liola
rankussy

knq wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:17 am If dnp purchased the flat they currently rent, would that satisfy the residents of moving hill? I’m curious. I actually have quite fond feelings about their flat now—the moon room and the lounge with the windows especially. Probably because of WITL content and all their domestic nonsense filmed there.

Haribo should really sponsor Phil. I cannot support any clown shaped candy though.
I can't really imagine that because they talked about the house not being permanent, but i woudn't mind. I've thought about it before, it would also solve the dog problem because from what I remember it's not the complex that doesn't allow dogs but just the landlord.

I don't think they would though because a lot of people already know the address, so I think the moment they decide they're ready to buy they'll keep it off the internet as much as they can
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:15 am
knq wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:17 am If dnp purchased the flat they currently rent, would that satisfy the residents of moving hill? I’m curious. I actually have quite fond feelings about their flat now—the moon room and the lounge with the windows especially. Probably because of WITL content and all their domestic nonsense filmed there.

I can't really imagine that because they talked about the house not being permanent, but i woudn't mind. I've thought about it before, it would also solve the dog problem because from what I remember it's not the complex that doesn't allow dogs but just the landlord.

I don't think they would though because a lot of people already know the address, so I think the moment they decide they're ready to buy they'll keep it off the internet as much as they can
I definitely agree with Lia. I think once they buy there will be no/very few public social media postings about it and locations will be left as ambiguous as possible. Which I imagine fans will riot over - it's nice to have a sense of where they live and some familiarity to it. But for their privacy and peace of mind if they plan on putting roots down somewhere I don't think they'd want fans idly strolling down the street in front of their door multiple times a week in hopes of a 'random' encounter, or camping out at places they frequent.

So basically while I am 100% moving hill part of me almost dreads when it does happen. I think that the intangible knowledge that they've bought a house together will satisfy people for a week or two before the discomfort of Dan and Phil in a new place, with a new life transition they keep for themselves and don't let us in on, will start to gnaw at people and it'll become a point of discourse that they feel even further away.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That’s interesting cos they’ve already stopped posting much of any rooms, I was quite surprised to see a bit of sofa in Phil’s coffee and kitkats photo. We haven’t heard of any fan encounters randomly on the street since this apartment, thankfully. I get it, though, but I thought it had already happened at the start of last year.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

That's a really interesting point, and I'd sort of considered it before, which is why I admit I haven't been quite as enthusiastic about them moving as a lot of people are - while it'd make me happy in the sense that it'd just be a lovely step for them to take together, I agree that overall it probably *would* be kind of sad too, as no doubt it'd mark yet another door closing - literally and metaphorically - on us. (And I totally understand and agree why they'd do that, but even so; obviously the idea of them being *even more* remote, and us not being welcome on any level, isn't very appealing.)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Becky.rigby
living flop

Apparently on twitter Phil is doing a meet up in new york. Dunno how true this is but it seems legit. Sorry but I'm unsure how to attach a tweet and feel weird posting someone elses tweet on here.
liola
rankussy

Becky.rigby wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:39 pm Apparently on twitter Phil is doing a meet up in new york. Dunno how true this is but it seems legit. Sorry but I'm unsure how to attach a tweet and feel weird posting someone elses tweet on here.
Sorry what? I can't find anything on Twitter about this and I haven't seen anyone talk about it either so how does it seem legit?

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I think that’s just a few friends meeting up and joking that they’re bringing tiny pocket Phil with them to hang out, they’re just playing. Unless it’s someone else entirely.
Becky.rigby
living flop

flarequake wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:03 pm I think that’s just a few friends meeting up and joking that they’re bringing tiny pocket Phil with them to hang out, they’re just playing. Unless it’s someone else entirely.
Ah thank you, yeah seems more likely :/ generally thought it was legit, sorry everyone.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Becky.rigby wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:27 pm
flarequake wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:03 pm I think that’s just a few friends meeting up and joking that they’re bringing tiny pocket Phil with them to hang out, they’re just playing. Unless it’s someone else entirely.
Ah thank you, yeah seems more likely :/ generally thought it was legit, sorry everyone.
It's SO hard to figure out what are inside jokes and what aren't when the people involved are taking them seriously and you only see a small part of the context. That tripped me up on tumblr last week.

I would actually love it if Phil would do more solo meet ups, though. He did SO well at Vidcon!
dontpanic
#relatable

now I'm not too familiar, but I thought in the UK if you purchase a home it's public information as well as how much you purchased it for? so wouldn't their address unfortunately likely get leaked regardless of where they live?
drago
tol bean

dontpanic wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:56 am

now I'm not too familiar, but I thought in the UK if you purchase a home it's public information as well as how much you purchased it for? so wouldn't their address unfortunately likely get leaked regardless of where they live?
I thought that you can get information about owners of a certain property and the amount of money they've payed for it only if you know the address.
knq
lava lamp

Dan is liking a lot of tweets about Bernie Sanders lately. I wonder if he's fallen down a politics rabbit hole.

I've been watching so many game series on YouTube that I wish I got to see Dan and Phil play (though to be fair they never really played series in the first place.) I've watched 10 hours of jacksepticeye playing Detroit: Become Human and talking about future technology and how self-driving cars make decisions in car accidents, even though he's not a youtuber I usually watch, and I've now learned enough about Twitch to come to the conclusion that Dan's 'stay hydrated' meme type thing was inspired by the Twitch hydration bot that reminded streamers to drink water.

It's weird, I agreed with Phil when he said at one of the VidCons that people didn't really watch DAPG for the gaming, we watched it to see him and Dan 'doing stuff together.' But the longer it's been since DAPG was active, I realize I was actually watching it for the gaming, or at least for them gaming.

Bit of a ramble to say I hope Phil does decide to make a video playing Animal Crossing whenever that is a thing! Those first few liveshows where he played games were my favorites.
liola
rankussy

So.. No Phil video? Dammit I really needed some good things today Phil :(

sonicgreen
woodland creature

Any speculations for what it could be?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

It doesn’t look like he’s in his filming corner so I can only hope we get to see him moving about somewhere. I really have no guesses but I hope he releases the video before the live show so folks in the chat can talk about it to him. That sounds like a fun time.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

knq wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:12 pm

It's weird, I agreed with Phil when he said at one of the VidCons that people didn't really watch DAPG for the gaming, we watched it to see him and Dan 'doing stuff together.' But the longer it's been since DAPG was active, I realize I was actually watching it for the gaming, or at least for them gaming.

Bit of a ramble to say I hope Phil does decide to make a video playing Animal Crossing whenever that is a thing! Those first few liveshows where he played games were my favorites.
I was watching for them gaming as well it actually got me watching other gamers but I've kinda stopped since the gaming channel ended. Out of all the videos on the gaming channel there's probably less than 5 I wouldn't watch again and again. I would actually really enjoy regular gaming content from Phil either on YouTube or his live shows, I really enjoyed Apex legends especially. I also woke up at 2:30 am yesterday and my first thought was Dab and Evan are never going to get married and it's ridiculous how sad that made me.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hmm. So I'm thinking maybe he was busy today and we just get the video instead?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

He just posted a members post and will be doing a live show but I don’t think the UK does daylight savings the same time as in the US right? So he’s on time but for me at least it is an hour late.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Megancita75 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:12 pm He just posted a members post and will be doing a live show but I don’t think the UK does daylight savings the same time as in the US right? So he’s on time but for me at least it is an hour late.
omg you're right, I totally forgot that it happens at different times.
autumnhearth
senpai

My bet is on Trying New Instagram Life-Hacks 2. Going to miss the ls + vid drop though.