Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh heck, VidCon too, people would be so upset.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

I can’t imagine Vidcon going ahead, but hopefully they’ll postpone rather than outright cancel - Vidcon Abu Dhabi just got postponed from March to December so hopefully they can find new dates D&P can make. Waiting is frustrating, but it’s better than it not happening at all.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
susan2
rainbow nerd

Winners of Phil's Corgi video messages are in the process of being notified... :springdog:

1. @mynameissdan
2. @flowerfacepml
3. @talismandjh
4. @heyyitzmolly
5. @bakingvid
6. @dayevsphil
7. @ditldayz
8. @Mad_Dog_Madi
9. @sushiphil
10. @doggodnp
11. @awildinof
12. @shittydaniel
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 am I can’t imagine Vidcon going ahead, but hopefully they’ll postpone rather than outright cancel - Vidcon Abu Dhabi just got postponed from March to December so hopefully they can find new dates D&P can make. Waiting is frustrating, but it’s better than it not happening at all.
Yeah, I feel like it's gonna be rescheduled, unless some major virus related advances happen in the next month. I'm just not very hopeful about that.

I wonder if that'll prompt something special from Dan - it'd be great if they decided to do a joint liveshow or something to make up for all the fans that won't get to see them in Mexico. (Just... sending that out into the universe.)
Neons
spork

It looks like the marathon will only get cancelled if the government ban mass gatherings, which they don't seem interested in doing at the moment. Obviously this all will have escalated by the time we get to late April, so we'll see. I do feel like our government aren't doing as much as they could be, but then with something like the marathon you run the risk of people turning up and doing it anyway even if it's cancelled, which would mean they don't have access to the usual medical aid which would be there. So sometimes it's better to let it go ahead.

I'd be surprised if Vidcon doesn't get at least postponed if not cancelled. Travelling isn't really recommended at the moment as it is. Sucks for the fans. I imagine DnP will definitely try and make it up to them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A point I just made on tumblr that I wanna also document here...

The "Who's Alyssa" reaction from Dan back in the day (2013?) is basically the same reaction as Dan finding out that Phil's hair on The Weakest Link isn't natural like he'd thought it was.

(14:40)

Which is interesting because everyone before thought the Alyssa thing was about jealousy, whereas it seems more like Dan is just really put off/disconcerted by not immediately knowing something about Phil and either having to ask or being corrected.
Dbolical
placenta

Hi guys. Always lurking never posting but thought I'd share, it's always funny to me when my worlds collide. A celebrity gossip blog site I read used Dan's tweet and made me do a double take this morning..lol.

https://www.laineygossip.com/what-to-wa ... 020/64764
Last edited by rizzo on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed URL code
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, I just watched a few minutes more of the liveshow clip and I’ve got my goofy deppy grin on my face. They’re so cute there, their clothes, the mirroring hands in chins, the lamest merch announcement ever and Dan pointing out that it would’ve only been a tweet anyway. I might go watch the whole thing cos I could do with some cosiness. Noticing his reaction is for lack of knowing than jealousy, interesting. I wonder what that means underneath, but I’m not gonna analyse him. Also I don’t know and my brain is tired.

That gossip site is pretty cute, didn’t recognise the tv shows, but ‘let introverts have their moment’, aww again. I saw the other clip of Rickey and his friend and it’s so funny, also his friend is a cuddly looking guy. I have a squish need apparently.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

That's an interesting comparison and reaction. Phil Trash Nr. 1 indeed. Also, I ended up watching a good 10 minutes of that liveshow and got I miss joint liveshows. Just them talking to each other. Listening to each other. :happytears:

~instastory compilation yay
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ya know... if I were Dan and Phil, I'd take this opportunity to knock out a couple of vids to surprise folks with and cheer 'em up. It's a weird time we're in and with so many of us stuck inside with only the internet... it would be nice. And they'd make bank, surely.

But also I recognize that to be an extremely selfish request and Dan and Phil probably have their own things to worry about. I'm just saying... I could use a Dab and Evan wedding right now. okay???
noodlebum
flower crown

I was wondering to myself how all this would affect Youtubers right now in a monetary manner. One one hand, lots more people inside watching youtube now and the next couple of weeks and people are looking for pleasant lightheartedness to distract from the doom+gloom. On the other, it may make certain parts of their job harder e.g. those who have people help with filming etc, events being cancelled etc. An interesting time for all businesses, workers and services globally, big and small.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel like the text in this tweet is so relevant right now.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Vidcon Mexico was postponed until September. For the best really and I’m glad they’re announcing it now so people can cancel/change plans
malday
emo goose

I wonder how Phil is coping with anxiety right now, Im really not coping, I almost wish I didn't know the severity of it. If the virus doesn't kill me, the anxiety and insomnia will. I pray everyone is coping better than me, wish we had a phandom support group.
noodlebum
flower crown

Yeah I wish I didn't read so many dystopian books now for sure... Going on Twitter or news sites definitely causes me a lot of anxiety at the moment on top of RL stuff
susan2
rainbow nerd

London Marathon also postponed
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

noodlebum wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:35 pm Yeah I wish I didn't read so many dystopian books now for sure... Going on Twitter or news sites definitely causes me a lot of anxiety at the moment on top of RL stuff
I think you have to impose a complete news moratorium for yourself--at least that's what I'm doing. Listen to music, read fic--and post to IDB! :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Neons
spork

I hope things are better by September/October... god knows.
hello9217
flower crown

Literally thank goodness for fic my uni classes have switched to online and I have another week off so it’s really keeping me occupied during this time
knq
lava lamp

Everyone at my work started remote commuting today. Hello, YouTube all day, every day.

Many Youtubers definitely have a work set-up that's already very compatible with what's needed during a disease outbreak where social distancing is recommended. Markiplier put out a video yesterday which I felt was rather sweet, and let people know he'd continue making videos for people to watch as they stay home.

While I didn't and still don't really expect the return DAPG, that's also the sort of thing that can be produced completely from home.

Phil's videos generally fall into that category as well, though he'd been going out more recently. I promise not to complain if the dreaded white wall returns to his background.
liola
rankussy

I would really love if they did a video together just to cheer us up, I've been watching their Rize liveshows (lockdown is going well) and I miss their interactions so much. I love watching solo Phil but I'd love to be able to enjoy two people together at the moment
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
susan2
rainbow nerd

kavat
pastel persona

Judearaya
sofa crease

I won't lie I am going through a rough time right now. I'd take any extra content just to have something to focus on, you know? My anxiety has become a non-stop force that even anti-anxiety meds aren't helping with too much. I wasn't even really anxious until they cancelled school for my kids, and then it was mostly the anxiety of having a kid with the flu + trying to think through the coming school-less weeks. Having to figure it all out while in self-isolation (as we discovered we need to be today) is...my brain hurts.

Maybe I'll just make a playlist of videos that cheer me up and watch them on loop.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

The IDB youtube channel has some fun stuff on it, good mems to relive, and playlists too.

PhandomWatch will also be doing some stuff during this time, and our youtube channel has some playlists on it already from past fests you can watch if you wanted themed stuff :)

Sending good vibes to everyone <3