Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

I continue to be excited by the prospect of Dan doing a stage show of any sort, in any capacity. I'm sure it will be fun, and, as has been pointed out, we will get to see/hear about most of it, even if it never gets online (though frankly I think it's pretty unlikely that whatever it is wouldn't become available at some point).

I'm as disappointed as the next fan in Dan's distance, but I'm also not surprised that Dan has taken a big step back from his current fandom. There is a guaranteed negative note in the response to whatever he does. (I've been in this fandom for four years and I still don't understand why that is so.) I can see the temptation to start fresh. And if his fandom has different expectations of him, even if it is much smaller, it will be nicer for him--and for many of his fans!

Ah, top of the page with some Dan love. <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Picturing these tight trunks now, Phil ;) I’m intrigued by whatever this is and also still would love to hear from Dan. I don’t want to get hopes up too much especially since we still don’t know when this might happen.
dellamay
smol bean

You know what thought has made me secretly smile during all of Dan's mysterious absence -- the realization that he is right there behind the scenes of ALL the content we've had from Phil. Phil told us Dan helped set up the new backdrop shelf in January 2019, which makes it easy to imagine that he's been the AmazingPhil assistant all this time. Dan probably helped figure out the new deep fryer for the recent video. He helped hang up the live-show green screen (well, maybe the green screen was purchased for BIG, who knows) and he surely hears all of Phil's idea brainstorms. I like to think he is delighted by seeing Phil get all the attention for once, but I have no doubt there is constant collaboration going on, just off camera. :ribena:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

dellamay wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:02 pm You know what thought has made me secretly smile during all of Dan's mysterious absence -- the realization that he is right there behind the scenes of ALL the content we've had from Phil. Phil told us Dan helped set up the new backdrop shelf in January 2019, which makes it easy to imagine that he's been the AmazingPhil assistant all this time. Dan probably helped figure out the new deep fryer for the recent video. He helped hang up the live-show green screen (well, maybe the green screen was purchased for BIG, who knows) and he surely hears all of Phil's idea brainstorms. I like to think he is delighted by seeing Phil get all the attention for once, but I have no doubt there is constant collaboration going on, just off camera. :ribena:
That's definitely a nice thought! We also know that Dan ate at least some of the cake Phil made, which makes me smile just thinking about it. I can hear him whine about what the hell he was gonna have to eat. And then fondly saying it wasn't that bad. But doesn't want another slice. :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Happy official birthday, IDB. :birthday:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm Happy official birthday, IDB. :birthday:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:09 pm
That DDR pad is an icon...

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, Phillie’s got his legs out and entertaining the masses. Happy birthday, idb :birthday:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yaaaaaaaas gimme those quarantine Instastories. That's the content I need.

And Happy 4th Birthday IDB :birthday: If y'all haven't cleared your cached images yet, please do because the header is so cute and will make you smile.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Happy 4th Birthday IDB, and many more! <3 :hbd: <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
kavat
pastel persona

The header is adorable, happy birthday to this lovely place! :birthday:

In no other place can I find such diverse but civil (mostly) discussions on anything deppy. Thank you to all the mods and the wonderful work you do :hearts:
liola
rankussy

Happy 4th birthday to IDB, and thank you as always to the admins and mods who keep it running and give us this place to talk and share our passion (and rants) :happytears: <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:09 pm
I think I'm missing something but why are they not using the ddr machine that's in the back ground of like every gaming video?
Neons
spork

Happy birthday IDB, I am very appreciative of ya, especially since this is the only place I engage in anything phandom-related.

Loved the DDR instastory, more pls Phil.
malday
emo goose

I will always remeber fondly the -gates, the rants, the jokes, the think-pieces, the excitement and surprise on here whenever deppy did something (that was already predicted :lol: ).
Thanks for making this place, thanks admins for keeping it running, thanks to people posting.
Happy birthday, idb! I'm grateful for finding this little corner and I'm grateful for discovering dan and phil.
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Happy birthday IDB! :hbd:

I'm very glad I found this little corner of the internet. Thanks everyone who keeps this running and makes it what it is <3

Edit: Love the header, so cute!
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Just uploaded the latest daily (not really these days) Instastory compilation and thought it'd be fun to sometimes look back on what they posted a year ago? The 2018 ones don't start until late April bit there are some nice things from 2019 as well.

For example, a year and two days ago Phil asked us to settle an argument between him and Dan about... colors.

And I still really wonder how heated this argument got for Phil to be like 'FINE I'LL ASK INSTAGRAM THEN' :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
noodlebum
flower crown

Haha, I remember those! My vote is lime green and mint green.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ahhh I've been so caught up in life stuff I missed wishing IDB a hbd so belated :happybirthday:

To get mushy, this place has brought so much community into my life, and has been welcoming since day one. I'm glad to have y'all and to have this wonderful corner of the internet still go strong <3
hello9217
flower crown

One of my favorites that I just watched the other day is this one:

They were so happy to be getting Norman and it was such a sweet series of stories. They were so proud of building that tank. :betta:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I'm marathoning Phil's last 4 videos that I hadn't watched yet, and I just finished the first (his birthday cake baking video) and omg I love him. I don't know why I hadn't watched these videos yet since I used to keep up with everything day to day (guess I just wasn't feeling it lately?) but it's like nothing has changed, you know? Like when you see an old friend after a while and catch up like old times or whatever. I don't know, I just came here to shout out some Phil love.

(also hi guys, it's been awhile, missed you)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Important tweet.

I now hate him because I have no way of getting fries rn.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

This is...interesting? I'm kind of thrown off by it lol
kavat
pastel persona

Oh now that's interesting. I have no idea what Motion Picture Literary means but I'm intrigued.