Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

It was nice to see dan and hear from him (Lorraine was so nice as well)! And I’m so glad they reached their goal!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He looked so well, relaxed and happy. And had no trousers on, needed to know that, of course. Damn, gonna have to decompress a bit now and stop wanting an actual update, appetite is piqued. He was lovely, said lots of good things.
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Oh how lovely it was to see his face in the liveshow corner! He looked good and happy and did so well. I really missed his live ramblings so much.

The whole livestream has been incredibly wholesome and lovely :rainbowtears:
Mia
spork

That was so lovely!! I did wonder when I first saw about it if he'd get involved.

Also, Dan claiming to be the Buffy fan, I mean, we ALL know who owns those DVDs...
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

Oh, the way he so naturally introduced himself with his pronouns, talked about the people that messaged him after BIG, the queer people he met on tour, babadook jokes, NO TROUSERS, the heads-up about his project being pushed back, and finally the way he said "trans rights!" and rolled off on his chair. What a shot in the arm to get me through the week ahead, loved seeing him and his dimples.

:transheart: :transheart: :transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I love Dan so mu-huh-huh-huh-huuuuuch!

:rainbowtears:
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

noodlebum wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:25 pm Oooh, secret project he was working on that was pushed back indefinitely because of lockdown :sideeye:
(which makes sense because it's performing arts?)
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Interesting that Dan’s appearance came right after John Barrowman’s. At 18:05 he tells about meeting him in 2014.

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

That was such a wonderful surprise to wake up to. I'm really happy to see him out there using his platform to raise for Mermaids. I donated and I ~~strongly~~ suspect Dan was the one who donated the big donation.

I know the hosts mentioned a show, but I assume that dan was referring to either the
1) london marathon project OR
2) some sort of stand up style project

Greenlight/pilot season is already done in LA, and we would've heard if something got picked up. It's more likely they're putting together something for next pitching round in the fall.
kavat
pastel persona

I loved hearing him talk about the phandom making him feel welcome and acknowledging that his audience is so queer and accepting. Maybe it took five months of being hugged by people wearing pride flags during II but he got there and, yeah. I love that.
kavat
pastel persona

The full thing:

greenergrass
stress mushroom

Aw, dan I loved that so much. Nice to see his face again, and I love how supportive of the trans community he is. It was so nice to hear him talking about how much his fans inspired him to be his authentic self and come out.
plinthofmylife wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 pm That was such a wonderful surprise to wake up to. I'm really happy to see him out there using his platform to raise for Mermaids. I donated and I ~~strongly~~ suspect Dan was the one who donated the big donation.
Oh yeah, definitely thought that was dan as well. I thought it was him right away, and then they cut to him just quietly smiling and yeah most likely that was him.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

whatdoiknow wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:25 pm
plinthofmylife wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 pm That was such a wonderful surprise to wake up to. I'm really happy to see him out there using his platform to raise for Mermaids. I donated and I ~~strongly~~ suspect Dan was the one who donated the big donation.
Oh yeah, definitely thought that was dan as well. I thought it was him right away, and then they cut to him just quietly smiling and yeah most likely that was him.
I thought the exact same thing! Because when it happened - he wasn't speaking or on screen for a minute there. And then... especially when they cut to him.

But like. In case it isn't him... it's worth just saying what an INCREDIBLE donation that is from whoever it may have been. They doubled the total! What a wonderful thing to do. :love2:
Phantasy
woodland creature

So so lovely... but, “my friend Phil”... c’mon Dan!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Can't stop staring at his face help.
poweroftriangles
Pronouns: he/him

Thread of sharpened screengrabs... BABY
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
kavat
pastel persona

Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil is so nice. I really like that he replies to people like this regularly.
blahblahblah8

Just watched last Sunday’s liveshow, it was fun! I wish he would’ve shared more opinions on tiger king lol. I’m glad the ynr plus channel is uploading them but I wonder why Phil stopped?
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

...so do we think we might get a joint liveshow Tuesday? Even when dropping off the face of the earth Dan tends to pop up for community charity events 🤔
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
intoapuddle
spork

looooved seeing dan on saturday!! it's so nice to hear him speak about issues that matter so much to him :')

i've heard some ppl speculate that dan could make an appearance in phil's ls on tuesday and i mean, i don't expect him to BUT it's more likely for a charity stream than for a regular stream. we know dan is much more motivated to do something if it's got to do with charity. who knows, but i am pumped for phil's ls on tuesday regardless ^-^
kavat
pastel persona

Yeah, same. I don't expect it, but it would be a lovely treat for charity's sake. Then he can disappear for the rest of the year / until he has something to show us.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

So Charlie's spent the whole of the last few years writing and pitching and writing and pitching and doing little else (...which I now realize is complete inspo for Dan), but his show (starring Don Cheadle!!!) is gonna be on Quibi:
And has me thinking about whether Dan and/or Phil ever like... talk to him privately about his experience doing it. And whether this is the kind of thing they've been pitching. With the appearance of all of these various streaming platforms, there's so much more opportunity for new writers and Charlie accomplishing something like this really gives me hope for what Dan and Phil are trying to do.

I have no idea what Dan's exact projects are, but Quibi seems like such an interesting place to host the interactive-type thing Phil's been talking about.

Basically... idk. Charlie gives me so much hope for D&P.
one(1)phillie
phillion/danosaur <//3

Phantasy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:09 pm So so lovely... but, “my friend Phil”... c’mon Dan!
At least it's better than "other youtubers such as Daniel Howell"
Maybe it's payback lol
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phil's all kinds of active online today. 2 insta stories and he updated his profile pic and twitter header to Norman... Is anyone surprised? I can't even begin to imagine what his socials will look like when they finally get a dog.