Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

sarmstr2 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:52 pm I watch PJ's twitch streams and he has mentioned moving house several times. Last time he mentioned it last week, he said he and Sophie were moving "as soon as we are able" and he mentioned they WERE pretty far along in the process. He made it seem like they were ready to move and then it was put on hold. Seems like the UK put restrictions on moving?
Yeah like I said I'm assuming there is some restrictions on like.. non essential moves? Like, sure, if you've been evicted or you're not able to stay in you current house then they have to allow it, but I really don't think PJ and Sophie, or Dan and Phil for that matter, are in NEED or wouldn't be able to negotiate. I don't think they would want to move right now if not necessary

Like rizzo said, I'm also glad Phil announced the break in advance instead of just announcing it 5 minutes before the liveshow ends
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil’s been good about notice and every time I start thinking live shows are gone for good I think about DML2. He told us he was taking a break there too and it ended up being a few weeks so I don’t think he’s just going to disappear.

To add to the moving discussion Bryony bought a flat right before lockdown and on her story the other day she said she goes to clean and pick up mail but she has to wait until lockdown to move so I have many thoughts but a dnp move right now isn’t one of them
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Was his video clue "sequins and sand"? Like, all I can think is that he is bedazzling something but I don't have any other guesses. Also, this whole bonk on the head business makes me think he's gonna be in the kitchen again.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Old Phil Lester had a farm E-I-E-I-O :rofl:

Sorry this made me laugh and I had to share.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

:rofl: at the song there. E-I-E-I-O indeed. I thought a few of these messages in the past seemed to have been true, idk how, so I got to thinking what if this was too (I first saw a much briefer version of this, further down that curious cat account if anyone cares, that omitted the speculation of party Dan and farmer Phil) and it’s not impossible, but still it’s them, so probably not.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

New video!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Not a bad vid but probs not one I’d rewatch. Still nice to see him and I love his laugh lol.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

The video was fun! Cheered me up, which honestly is the goal so I'm happy :D

I love the idea of Phil taking that baguette pillow to bed though, and Dan being like uhh k then
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Not my fav video of his but still made me smile! Def a nice way to end the work day. He's just such a pleasant person
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I vote... Dan's hands.
liola
rankussy

Those are Dan's hands, Phil's fingers are longer and skinnier and his hands are also paler.
Plus I like the idea of Dan just caressing a sequined Nicolas cage
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I liked the video. Obviously it's not my favourite because I'm not really into influencers buying weird cheap stuff for a laugh but I did like that he picked some stuff he actually thought he might like. Also it's just very Phil. The first few seconds alone made that video worth the watch.

Spoiler for the video, I guess:
I freaking lost it when he scared himself with the spider box. The video was good but this bit is the best thing I've seen in weeks.
(Thanks for the book recs, by the way. I've checked them all out and added some of them to my wish list. Especially the cinema history one sounds so cool, I can't wait to learn more about that.)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Not my favorite video by any means, but I lost it at the Nicolas Cage pillow. Hilarious.

Also - I'm gonna oppose y'all and say I'm like 94.3% sure those are Phil's hands. The thumb joint? The pale skin? The delicate way he's holding his fingers as he slides his hand down the pillow? Phil or bust. :lol: Dan's doing the zooming in.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

He's stupid but very entertaining. What do you guys think about how much of this crap he keeps -- do you think he holds onto this stuff? I personally hate novelty items, but I know plenty of people whose houses are full of this sort of thing.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rizzo wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:33 pm Also - I'm gonna oppose y'all and say I'm like 94.3% sure those are Phil's hands. The thumb joint? The pale skin? The delicate way he's holding his fingers as he slides his hand down the pillow? Phil or bust. :lol: Dan's doing the zooming in.
I'm team Phil too. idk they look wayyyy too delicate to be Dan's! And I definitely want to amplify the thumb joint too, I can't say I've seen Dan's hands look like that before.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Megancita75 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:40 pm He's stupid but very entertaining. What do you guys think about how much of this crap he keeps -- do you think he holds onto this stuff? I personally hate novelty items, but I know plenty of people whose houses are full of this sort of thing.
He does keep some. The useless box from the last wish video was also in this one so he obviously kept it. He also owns that weird noise pickle that's in the backround of all the videos so I kind of think he does keep the stuff he likes. (I can see him keeping the blanket, the baguette, the music box and maybe the Nicolas Cage pillow, not sure about the rest.) Didn't he and Dan also used to have that "prop" chest that had loads of stuff like this in it? I think Phil's the kind of person who actually enjoys stuff like this.
bluecaterpillar

wish videos aren't my favourites but it was an enjoyable watch nevertheless! the music box with the spirited away theme was cute... the spider jumpscare box less so. wish's obsession with nicolas cage confuses me but phil is so gleeful about all his nic cage purchases that they're the highlights of the video. that smack to the head at the beginning sounded painful though, glad it didn't do serious damage.

re the instastory, i think those are definitely phil's hands.

and lmao at anons claiming they're on the verge of breaking up. i guess since people can't outright deny their relationship anymore they've moved onto the next best thing, which is predicting its imminent demise based on absolutely nothing.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

bluecaterpillar wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 pm wish videos aren't my favourites but it was an enjoyable watch nevertheless! the music box with the spirited away theme was cute... the spider jumpscare box less so. wish's obsession with nicolas cage confuses me but phil is so gleeful about all his nic cage purchases that they're the highlights of the video. that smack to the head at the beginning sounded painful though, glad it didn't do serious damage.

and lmao at anons claiming they're on the verge of breaking up. i guess since people can't outright deny their relationship anymore they've moved onto the next best thing, which is predicting its imminent demise based on absolutely nothing.
The smack to the head is what he was talking about in his liveshow, I'm guessing - where it gave him headaches for days after and a feeling of pressure in his head when he laid down. I'm definitely glad it wasn't an actual concussion. I wonder if there was time between when he smacked his head and when he sat down for filming? If not, he recovered well.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I really enjoyed the video, I don't know how Phil doesn't know what magic sand is I'm the same age as him and advertising for it was everywhere in the 90's.
I'm convinced they're Dan's hands because in the video when Phil's stroking the cushion his hands look skinnier and more of a pink undertone to his skin compared to the yellow undertones of Dan's.
He should let Dan trim the back of his hair that's not cute.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:59 pm
bluecaterpillar wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 pm wish videos aren't my favourites but it was an enjoyable watch nevertheless! the music box with the spirited away theme was cute... the spider jumpscare box less so. wish's obsession with nicolas cage confuses me but phil is so gleeful about all his nic cage purchases that they're the highlights of the video. that smack to the head at the beginning sounded painful though, glad it didn't do serious damage.

The smack to the head is what he was talking about in his liveshow, I'm guessing - where it gave him headaches for days after and a feeling of pressure in his head when he laid down. I'm definitely glad it wasn't an actual concussion. I wonder if there was time between when he smacked his head and when he sat down for filming? If not, he recovered well.
Judging by the way it was cut and Phil's tone in both shots, I think there was quite a bit of time between it, but maybe more in the way of when Dan smacked him in job simulator. It totally reminded me of that so that's my theory on the time he needed to relax between takes.
bluecaterpillar

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:59 pm The smack to the head is what he was talking about in his liveshow, I'm guessing - where it gave him headaches for days after and a feeling of pressure in his head when he laid down. I'm definitely glad it wasn't an actual concussion. I wonder if there was time between when he smacked his head and when he sat down for filming? If not, he recovered well.
oh yikes i didn't realise it was as bad as that. i guess that smack did do some proper damage then. i did watch the liveshow but my internet connection is horrendous at the moment and the stream kept breaking up and crashing. all i managed to hear him saying about it was that he didn't get a concussion.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Someone told me they enjoy it when I do Not Actual Timestamps Because I'm Lazy posts for videos so here we go!

- Ouch! That sounded like quite the bang. No wonder he was concerned for a few days. Definitely not paranoid.
- Phil saying fuck like that tho... even if it was bleeped it was very pleasing to my ears.
- Phil's hair gonna be like business in the front and party in the back in another 2 weeks.
- Perpetual Christmas to New Year gap is a good way to describe quarantine, except the food isn't as good.
- "Dubious about the size of this baguette... not the first time I've said that." What you looking at other baguettes for? #phandivorce
- Aw, but Dan got genuine holes in his ears. I bet he'd love fish earrings! You gotta buy your spouse some jewelry once in a while.
- Phil prefers baguettes over fish. He already said that in June last year tho? (oh this is such a rude joke i'm so sorry)
- "What is with all the penis stuff." Wish is a fan.
- ~ nordvpn #spon ~
- Phil prefers his baguettes with some girth. Sadly I've already hit my daily limit of rude jokes, but it's still very important information.
- Do you really need another bread pillow when you already have Dan?
- A LITTLE GLASS. THE VASE IS BACK. I LOVE/HATE IT.
- Wet crotch shot. Thanks for that I think?
- He really talks a lot about pee these days...
- Toilet said gay rights.
- Phil jumpscaring himself with the spider box made me laugh embarrassingly hard. Talent.
- Now I want a burrito.
- Now I want salmon.
- It literally said that it was a pillow cover in the product title lol.
- Didn't know that a man making a horrifying image out of a Nic Cage pillow and giggling about it could bring me so much joy. I also hope he never buys another Nic Cage thing again because at some point I'm gonna have to explain the nightmares to a therapist.

It wasn't my fave video, but I still liked it. The one IRL friend I have who is a casual phannie was even into it enough to bring it up on Whatsapp as well which she never does, so either quarantine is getting to her or it's just the type of video that really hits the casual sweet spot.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Re: the Adrian/Colin content (which - thanks, bud, I will ALWAYS take Colin content) led me to make a comparison between Adrian and Dan... not at the same ages, really, because I think Adrian would have been in his mid teens in this pic? And Dan was like 20. But close enough. And wow it just blows my mind how much they looked alike then - and how little I think they look alike as adults.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:42 pm Re: the Adrian/Colin content (which - thanks, bud, I will ALWAYS take Colin content) led me to make a comparison between Adrian and Dan... not at the same ages, really, because I think Adrian would have been in his mid teens in this pic? And Dan was like 20. But close enough. And wow it just blows my mind how much they looked alike then - and how little I think they look alike as adults.
they really did look so alike. they still do, a bit, especially with dan letting the curls loose. i think this is also just a fascinating view into what they would have looked like hanging out ~5 years ago as a family back then. visibly, such opposite humans.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil is in the latest youtubers react video. He didn’t say anything about it and tbh the videos not great but he looks good