Dan & Phil Part 94: Year of the Rats

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I love them an immense amount. This is the perfect kind of prank. Gentle and calming and extensive enough to be funny but ends with something that has genuinely made a lot of people happy. Fuck, I just love them.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Just watched the feeding clips and the q and a part, it was cute! Nice to hear their voices together again
Philena
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:01 pm I love them an immense amount. This is the perfect kind of prank. Gentle and calming and extensive enough to be funny but ends with something that has genuinely made a lot of people happy. Fuck, I just love them.
Completely agree! This has made quarantine :betta: :love2:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

This was super dorky and I appreciate them doing this, and I also appreciate the "wash your hands" and "we are all in this together" images that they flashed across the stream a few times during the Q&A.
alien
procrastinator

did anyone manage to get video?
malday
emo goose

Iv'e missed everything, can somebody please share the q&a and other moments mentioned in previous posts?
noodlebum
flower crown

Same I watched loads of it but it seems they did the Q&A while I was eating :'(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm looking for a video with the whole segment but here's a little preview for you:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AH FOUND A LINK

Neons
spork

I tuned into the stream just in time for the q&a and it made me stupidly happy. I could not stop grinning.

I got all excited and said to my boyfriend "Dan and Phil are doing a livestream q&a about their fish!!" And he was just like :-| it was hard to explain why it was significant lmao.
kavat
pastel persona

I love them.

That's it, that's the post.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Here's a clearer version with no talking over it/younow chat:

hello9217
flower crown

I love them and how much they love norman :( they are just the sweetest men. Also love that they were trying to be “srs business” like staff members but dan still had to shade phil for leaving the light on :betta: :prideheart2: :prideheart2:
bevioletsky
glabella

Well, that was unexpected – the ending, not the Norman fest, really. Kind of sad I missed the entirety of it live, but it was nice to hear their voices together again. Turns out Dan is, shockingly, still very Dan. I do always love them showing how much care and attention they give to that fish. Still ngl, watching it definitely left me feeling simply weird rather than... overjoyed or such, but whatever, ig.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Here’s a link to the entire Norman fest.

It was so heartwarming to hear Dan’s voice again! I think this was the perfect toe in the water if he might ever come back to younow or joint content. Not gonna hope for Easter baking (but I secretly am). This would be a great time for a long-awaited “seasonal special”!

Ngl these fests make me so much happier than the Dan and Phil crafts vids!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
kavat
pastel persona

My favorite part of Dan being there was that it was so unexpected. I fully thought it would be just a silent video (with that incredibly annoying music) all the way through, like pigeon fest. When Dan retweeted it I really thought that would be it, because he has shown 0 signs of wanting to be online for quite a while now.

But just hearing them together, nerding out about fish things, fondly bantering about how Phil leaves the light on just... Warmed my heart a lot. It was just what I needed yesterday.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A day later and the ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar) still makes me very happy. It's ridiculous how much of a serotonin boost I got from them fondly talking about Norman and all the work they put into keeping him happy and healthy. I love that they have that :love2:

I'm very surprised Dan was involved at all tbh, much like kavat I thought that retweet would be it. I checked Twitter while I was eating dinner (yes I have bad table manners dw my family is used to it) and almost choked on my pasta when I saw clips and screenshots of Dan's hand. I had hoped to see him, but had absolutely zero expectations.

tbh I don't completely know how I feel about Dan's first interaction with us in so long being for an April Fools joke. But I'm a fool so I guess it works out and honestly I just need to be a bit happy about something and he delivered.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

There's no way of knowing, of course, but I think it's pretty likely that ASS was a somewhat spontaneous decision, given the current circumstances. I'm glad they made it, though!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A very cute like from Phil:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan is what and what now? :?

Anyway, our unemployed fave is doing a good thing today.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker

It’s a Dan, it’s a Dan, sakes alive and it’s a fest. Whoop. Current Dan doing a current thing. I’d just been watching old videos and live shows, but Dan now for the first time since last July, November, whichever, phew (and yes, okay, April).
kavat
pastel persona

Twice in one week, hearing Dan's voice?! The world truly is upside down.

I can't wait :wavingflag:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Wish we could have a watch party. I hope someone records it.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alien
procrastinator

I am cackling at the host saying to Dan that he has a youtube channel that plays games.

Anyway, Dan is so lovely and he is so good at this type of thing imo. I've missed him and this will probably make me miss him more because now I just want more but it was really great to see and hear him.

also lmao at "my friend Phil"
noodlebum
flower crown

Oooh, secret project he was working on that was pushed back indefinitely because of lockdown :sideeye: