Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

On the topic of the last two posts....would be cool if Dan talked about BLM more like he does about trans rights. Not trying to pit oppression against each other but he's been silent for days, liking tweets but doing nothing else. I'm glad he's standing up for trans folks and using his platform that way...but a like and a retweet take the same amount of time and I just wish he did more for BLM too. Or even for Black trans folks, if we wanna focus on queer stuff. It would mean a lot more and reach a lot more people if he retweeted those tweets he liked instead/alongside. They're white people with massive platforms and reach, I think they should do more to amplify the movement and black voices.

I'm holding Phil to the same standard too, but he's been far more active than Dan in that regard. But still.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

lefthandedism wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:01 am Hm, I wonder what has prompted Dan's late-night thoughts:
JK Rowling is being her usual toxic terf self on Twitter. I'm glad Dan is standing up for the trans community, I know it probably really hurts him because of his love for Harry Potter. He has tweeted in support of BLM that's the only form of activity from him recently.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Yea, JKR is being such a TERF that my DAD sent me her tweets. I'm very involved in the hp fandom but I unfollowed JKR forever ago.

I have a fantasy that dan + phil would realize the power of joint content and utilize it the way that other creators have been to support the BLM movements - i.e. the Try Guys did a super clickbaity, ridiculous video where they tried on sexy costumes and made very silly pun lines and donated 100% the ad revenue + made it a fundraiser for BLM. They weren't trying to veer out of their lane - they are entertainers and all white or asian - but they were supporting in their way.

My absolute galaxy brain fantasy is that they reboot DNPG for one last video and let dab and evan married for pride month, and donate the revenue + make it a fundraiser for a black trans rights org.

The probably don't feel comfortable in the role of educators and want to leave that to black creators. But they can use their MASSIVE (15 mill) platform to serve some of the other roles we need in a revolution - every revolution needs a bard to lift spirits. And they could be raising money in some way.
obvsly
#relatable

just found this on tumblr! Phil on twitch??? i'm excited!

(sorry i didn't embed the post here; it's so hard to get it right!!)

here's from amazingphil twitch account:

noodlebum
flower crown

Ooh that's exciting!! I've gotten into twitch streams lately so that'll be fun if he joins in :)
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

On the one hand, it’d pretty definitively be the death knell for the gaming channel (though let’s be real, we know it’s already dead, but still). But mainly, on the other hand, I would LOVE it, especially if he did more than 20 mins at a time like most twitch streamers do. I watch quite a few streamers these days, and the idea of Phil just playing whatever game and casually chatting to us fills me with joy. Fingers crossed this means something!!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Phil's decade-long contract with Dan and younow has finally run out... ;)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:love1:
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I wonder if Dan will post anything on his coming out anniversary.
laurenbacall
delia smith

i can't quite believe that we're a few days away from BIG being a year old......

of course, i would love if dan uploaded some kind of follow up of a similar quality/style about his life, but it's more likely that he might like a few tweets referring to it (maybe art? do people still make art of him anymore? would he even acknowledge that he has/had a fanbase anymore, or has he outgrown that idea?) than saying something new himself
liola
rankussy

I'm crossing everything for a Phil tweet with pictures tomorrow. I just - I miss some domesticity. Last year it was right before BIG so I know that this year it could feel a bit more pressure, but I have a dream!!!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

laurenbacall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 am i can't quite believe that we're a few days away from BIG being a year old......

of course, i would love if dan uploaded some kind of follow up of a similar quality/style about his life, but it's more likely that he might like a few tweets referring to it (maybe art? do people still make art of him anymore? would he even acknowledge that he has/had a fanbase anymore, or has he outgrown that idea?) than saying something new himself
Oh, there's still plenty of lovely Dan (and Phil) art on Twitter and Tumblr. :loveeyes:

For example, there's only one person these eyes could belong to:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I hope Phil bakes him a cake and we get a cute photo of Dan with it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Moderator Post

The world doesn't feel all that celebratory right now, but we want to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the good you can do - and the good that Dan would WANT you to do in his name.

In addition to our birthday header (made by oqua!), we've compiled a list of places you can donate to:

Dan's 29th Birthday fundraiser hosted by PhandomGives. This fundraiser benefits Mermaids UK, a trans rights charity and education resource.

LGBTQ Freedom Fund. LGBTQ Freedom Fund posts bail to secure the safety and liberty of individuals in U.S. jails and immigration facilities.

Unicorn Riot. A worker-funded non-profit media organization.

U-DON. Donate with no money by playing this game.

Youtube playlist. Donate with no money by streaming this playlist.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Happy Dan day! And happy birthday, Dan :birthday: Love the new header :prideheart2:

To kick us off one of many wondrous fan creations, this video by Priscilla
obvsly
#relatable

the new header is lovely and right!!! 💛💛💛
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Just coming in to say that the new header is amazing -- thanks to the artist and to whoever had the idea to commission it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Some of my favorite art so far, because the art is the best part of Dan's birthday.
Also including this because it deserves love, omg:
masterofgeometry
squish

Loving the new banner! Happy birthday Dan, here's to hoping Phil got you an inappropriate cake again. (or maybe he baked one due to current circumstances...haha jk...unless?)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm not crying, YOU ARE!
I will literally be staring at this all day. That last picture? SHOOK. I. Am. Shook.
liola
rankussy

Mr Amazing has declared we can all have serotonin today, and I will cherish it :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Happy Birthday to the Big D! (d can either stand for Dan or Dumbass you decide) :birthday:

And once again I'm eternally grateful for the annual dose of Dan pics, this time including a rare joint selfie. :happytears:

I'm never not gonna be soft thinking about them taking random weird pictures of each other. Just for them. Because they're in love. The joint selfie is from this day in February btw. I wonder if they saved the joint selfie for this purpose or whether it was just not meant to be seen by us but then they changed their minds. Either way, it's cute as hell. I needed this serotonin boost.

:happybirthday:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just saw someone point out that the pig nose one is definitely a screenshot from a facetime call with the top and bottom cropped off and I'm floating Phil he looks so dumb there and you still saved it anyway ugh.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I know it's Dan's birthday (happy birthday bb!! hope it's a good one etcetc~) but like it feels like it's my birthday right now. Those pics are going to get me through a lot.

How cute and personal and alittledizzy, you're completely right. Definitely a facetime screenshot. I'm emotional.

:happytears:
Phantasy
woodland creature

rizzo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:26 pm I'm not crying, YOU ARE!
I will literally be staring at this all day. That last picture? SHOOK. I. Am. Shook.
At first glance I thought red balloon = red heart emoji and I almost collapsed into a puddle (until I saw the last photo and actually did).
:happytears: