Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:06 pm I’m not sure if anyone’ll be able to help, but I’m trying to track down a clip from the radio show/that era - I don’t know/remember the context, but D&P were describing each other for something, like for example Phil described Dan as funny ... I had it bookmarked as a tweet but it’s been deleted, and I’ve tried searching vid clips on YouTube and text searches on here/Google and I can’t find it. Does anyone remember anything like that?
Wasn’t that for the dating apps review they did?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

No, it wasn’t that! Damn, this is going to drive me mad; I’m almost certain it was the radio/BBC. (But I’d never seen that vid before... yikes.)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
firsttimeposter
living flop

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:53 pm No, it wasn’t that! Damn, this is going to drive me mad; I’m almost certain it was the radio/BBC. (But I’d never seen that vid before... yikes.)
I know exactly what you’re talking about - wasn’t it for summer in the city or some festival in a magazine kinda thing? Like long descriptions hmm. I’ll look for it
firsttimeposter
living flop

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:53 pm No, it wasn’t that! Damn, this is going to drive me mad; I’m almost certain it was the radio/BBC. (But I’d never seen that vid before... yikes.)
Found it (if this is what you’re talking about) on dans Instagram from 9 august 2014! Sorry if it’s the wrong thing haha.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:03 pm
Found it (if this is what you’re talking about) on dans Instagram from 9 august 2014! Sorry if it’s the wrong thing haha.
Ahh I remember those! But that wasn’t it, this was a spoken word thing, not written down. I think I’ll have to accept I’ll never find it unless I decide to rewatch every second of the radio show. Thanks though!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
apathy
sad dimple

I didn't listen to the whole thing now (gotta leave soon), but I think they wrote dating profiles describing each other as part of this?
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix youtube embed
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

apathy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:03 pm I didn't listen to the whole thing now (gotta leave soon), but I think they wrote dating profiles describing each other as part of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TopG6JxY6jA
THAT’S IT!!! At 12:46 onwards. Thank you so much. :D :D

The rest of the video, though! Big Ouch. I know it was 2012, but still. ‘I’ve been single for over 3 years’. :(
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

On the one hand, I am not going to watch those vids because no thank you, but on the other hand, Dan and Phil really would be experts at writing a "Super Amazing Guide to Love Online".
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

oriharakaoru wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:26 pm On the one hand, I am not going to watch those vids because no thank you, but on the other hand, Dan and Phil really would be experts at writing a "Super Amazing Guide to Love Online".
Wow for real. That's the reboot we need.

Or, if nothing else, here's a free video idea for you, Phil... Watching My Old Videos: Gay Commentary Edition
elipie
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm Or, if nothing else, here's a free video idea for you, Phil... Watching My Old Videos: Gay Commentary Edition
I want this so much! I'm not counting on it ever happening, but it would certainly be interesting (though maybe a bit painful, depending on which videos were revisited).
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm Or, if nothing else, here's a free video idea for you, Phil... Watching My Old Videos: Gay Commentary Edition
omfg YES
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 pm
oriharakaoru wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:26 pm On the one hand, I am not going to watch those vids because no thank you, but on the other hand, Dan and Phil really would be experts at writing a "Super Amazing Guide to Love Online".
Wow for real. That's the reboot we need.

Or, if nothing else, here's a free video idea for you, Phil... Watching My Old Videos: Gay Commentary Edition
Another YESSS added to the mix :ribena:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

;)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

AmazingPhil Shop was down for a bit earlier, but now it's back up. Nothing seems to have changed (yet?) though.

I want a videooooooo :(
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Becky.rigby
living flop

This might sound a bit silly but I feel like I have gone through the grieving process with Dan and Phil :’) I have felt depressed because I miss them so much, then I have felt anger that I feel like this and angry because of their lack of communication. Then I have felt guilty for feeling angry at them when they have made me and many others so happy. I have also felt denial, not believing that this is long term and thinking they might actually bring the gaming channel back, even though they most likely won’t. And I have also felt acceptance, happy that they are actually doing what they want and happy that they don’t feel trapped and like they have to live up to the YouTube algorithm.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

What II show was outside? Is that the same one where the power went out?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is teasing merch on Instastories. I smell a video.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Becky.rigby
living flop

Please not stay hydrated merch :’) lmao, only Phil
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Becky.rigby wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:23 pm Please not stay hydrated merch :’) lmao, only Phil
I will 10000% buy "stay hydrated" merch. Extra dollars from me if there's a bottle and/or mug. :lol:
liola
rankussy

I will only buy stay hydrated merch if he releases a big ass vase as a custom glass
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
masterofgeometry
squish

I think it's pretty clear its "Stay Hydrated" merch, but I wonder if any of them will have a norman design? I for one would adore if we got a norman patch/embroidered hoodie/sweatshirt
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Pretty off topic, but this is so funny to me at 3:38. Phil saying it in such a deadpan way is hilarious to me.

Back on topic though, I am eagerly and somewhat patiently awaiting the Phil merch and video.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm very okay with Stay hydrated merch, especially if it means new HD pictures of Phil looking like a tall glass of water ;)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

In case anyone missed it and wasn’t just :roll: that tweet was Tatinof fan fic reference (cowboys or pirates, and so rarely also cake). I love the merch glimpses, though I’m not sure I have cash spare for another sweater even though I love the blue and green embroidered text. I really love the arty painting. Loving everyone’s responses (also really glad the clip madzilla was trying to find was found, I felt the joy). Phil’s deadpan in that last radio clip, it’s funny and I’m with Dan, emotional for days.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Susanisnotafish wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:20 pm What II show was outside? Is that the same one where the power went out?
The show in Greensboro, NC on 11 July 2018 was performed outside and without power. See the “Intro Banter” here. I think this was the only show performed outside and/or without power, but I could be mistaken. (There were other shows where a fire alarm went off or the display screens malfunctioned, however.)
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?