Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

AmazingPhil Shop is down again. Video tonight?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I'm reading this morning about the three fatal stabbings in Reading that happened this weekend. The UK press is reporting it as a terrorist attack, though who knows if that will change as the details come out. It looks like two of the men who died were LGBTQ. I don't expect Dan to tweet about this, but that's -- literally --hitting pretty close to home for him.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil video coming out soon and the merch shop is down so........ I'm guessing it'll be a good day for seeing Phil's face!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel so satisfied by that video.

I loved the nice long look at the flat and somehow Dan managed cheeky commentary without ever saying a word and I love that from him too.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That was such a GOOD VIDEO. Fuck.

This. video. had. everything:
  • More insight into their lives.
  • Their liquor cabinet.
  • Steve the pigeon.
  • Dick jokes.
  • Dan. (Well... Dan's toe. But I'll take it! #jointcontent)
  • Norman the sassy betta. :betta:
  • Those shorts.
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I loved the video! The merch isn’t really my taste but the black shirt looks so good on him! Last video the black hair looked kinda harsh to me but I actually love it this video! He cheers me up so much, I didn’t realize how much I’ve missed live shows. I didn’t get the appeal of a plant tour before but I think Phil just makes anything interesting to me lol. Also as someone who has pet birds and also feeds wild birds, I love Steve and I wish the pigeons in my yard were that comfortable with me!
liola
rankussy

That video was funny and sexy and I want you all to know I installed a gelato shop on Moving Hill we here y'all we truly are
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

That was a very cozy video - almost reminded me of old AP videos but with growth. The video also had really strong moving vibes.
Also merch review: I like the black shirt and the tote
Phantasy
woodland creature

Cute and quirky vid... years later and this was still probably the closest to an apartment tour as we’ll ever get.

REALLY wanna see the bloopers just to see how many takes Dan ruined by laughing.
kavat
pastel persona

That was such a fun video! The bucket made me literally laugh out loud, his comments about who the plants would be if they were people were brilliant and I could feel dan trying not to laugh behind the camera.

Very suspicious that he's suddenly showing basically every room in the house, and the balcony. Very suspicious.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

The bloopers would make me so happy. I am legitimately impressed they got through that whole video without wry dan commentary.

Pigeon facts were GREAT. I don't care about plants and still found that a funny and delightful video.

Curiouser and curiouser that we're now seeing the whole house...
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Also...they own a LOT of liquor for folks that don't do a lot of drinking. Kinda surprised. Some nice stuff, too. I guess, that being said I have a pretty full liquor cabinet at Phil's age and I don't drink at all, just for hosting and my SO.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:36 pm Also...they own a LOT of liquor for folks that don't do a lot of drinking. Kinda surprised. Some nice stuff, too. I guess, that being said I have a pretty full liquor cabinet at Phil's age and I don't drink at all, just for hosting and my SO.
Yeah my first thought was that they probably like to make drinks on board game nights (when, you know, that can happen).

That said, can people start naming what some of those liquor bottles actually are bc I am so curious as to what kinda cash they shell out on their booze now.
Becky.rigby
living flop

First of all I just want to say I absolutely loved the video :’) was laughing all the way through. It was a bit weird why Dan didn’t say hi or anything considering he knows people miss him :S I wonder why. I understand it is Phil a video, but that hasn’t stopped Dan before.

As for the merch, it looks cute and I can see a lot of people being happy with it and it is something that relates to Phil, but I don’t think it is my cup of tea unfortunately (that’s ok, not everyone likes everything their favs create). The bag looks cute though, but I don’t have any use for a big bag at the moment.
noodlebum
flower crown

I loved that video, seeing all the different plants and how he cares for them, how fragile they are etc. Also Steve the pigeon is so chill WTF! Love how we can tell what Dan is thinking while doing the filming haha, and yes bloopers would be brilliant!
I like the merch and think it's all lovely, but I don't think I'll get any.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

What is this magnet on their fridge?

onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:38 pm
plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:36 pm Also...they own a LOT of liquor for folks that don't do a lot of drinking. Kinda surprised. Some nice stuff, too. I guess, that being said I have a pretty full liquor cabinet at Phil's age and I don't drink at all, just for hosting and my SO.
Yeah my first thought was that they probably like to make drinks on board game nights (when, you know, that can happen).

That said, can people start naming what some of those liquor bottles actually are bc I am so curious as to what kinda cash they shell out on their booze now.
The two bottles to the right are Mr.Lyans brand premixed cocktails I believe, which you can either get at a fancy restaurant or at Selfridges (https://www.mrlyan.com/). And funnily enough, the bottle to the left is a brand called Cockburns Special Reserve, which I have to imagine either got gifted to them or they bought it because of the name lol. :rofl:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Holy serotonin boost! That video was everything I wanted and needed it to be. :stan:

Some unfunny commentary without timestamps because that's too much work:

- First things first, it seems Phil's hair has largely sorted itself out after the massacre. Good for him!
- I love how there's no real reason for Dan to be filming the intro since it could've just been done in Phil's normal corner with the tripod, but he was already there and he needs to earn his keep somehow so he might as well. And also it makes phannie hearts beat a little faster. :love2:
- Phil drinking out of that bucket got me laughing out loud for the first time in like a week. And I just love the way he looks up at Dan during that bit. Not the camera, but Dan. God, I've missed third wheeling with them like that. :happytears:
- The merch is nice and very Phil, but not quite my thing. The cactus cushion is really cute and original though.
- Dis Bitch is needy drama queen. Dis Bitch is actually Dan as a plant.
- I had that magic bean thing but forgot about it after a few days oops.
- Norman's tank is technically a house plant. Sure, I guess.
- Aw look at the awards sitting next to crunchy bonzai. Good times.
- Phil says 'hot guy' first because he gay, but also mentions a girl because he's inclusive like that.
- That's a lot of booze. I think. I dunno what a normal amount of booze is. :ribena:
- arse-sthethic :ASs:
- Phil's cure for plant performance issues: stay hydrated (merch link in bio).
- Biscoff is for weak people who have never experienced the joy of putting actual Speculaas cookies on bread. Such is my Dutch opinion.
- I find it hard to believe anyone compliments that fake hallway plant of all things.
- Phil trash talking the Jurassic Park plant had me rolling.
- They're just gonna move when the last bathroom light breaks aren't they? Gas Leak and Storage Room 2.0 :roll:
- Confetti cannons literally get everywhere. I set off a bunch of of those with my friends once and for the following 3 years we would regularly find bits of confetti behind, between and under literally everything in the living room. I'm impressed that it's just one bit of confetti there.
- Ah, my favorite empty fridge. Now with less plant in front of it than when they were still trying to fool us.
- That peace lily is a monster holy shit.
- The Mario plants lmao. Sure that counts I guess.
- Oh to be a plant that has been with DnP since they moved to London. The things it must have seen.
- What's with all the jokes about the plants having performance issues? I bet they tell each other these jokes all the time and just giggle uncontrollably like the goofs they are. :lol:
- The maple is my fave she's gorgeous.
- A fish, a squirrel, a pigeon? DnP are the gay Disney Princes we always wanted them to be.
- Hello there Dan's foot awkwardly shuffling out of frame! That's joint content right there.
- I love Steve. I've grown attached. What a chill bird.
- Dan is not human confirmed.

So that was Let's Talk About Houseplants!: The Movie and it was *chefs kiss* perfect. I'm gonna rewatch it another 5 times now.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Loved the house (plant) tour. Uh hello bathroom number 5! I was only a bit bummed that the cherry blossom tree and bamboo were left out. But I love that he included all the fake ones. They used to have a live plant in that entry niche (I think it was the first temperamental “needy friend” one) it’s really taken off upstairs though. I’m not really suspicious about the moving right now. It will happen one day, but all their little knickknacks are still out, this really was just a nice way to spon Phil’s new merch. I adore how the cactus matches their cloud cushions, but I roll my eyes a bit a Phil continuing to “take inspiration from” his own wardrobe. This time both his VIBES shirts. The white and red “good vibes” <3 from the beginning of the II tour for font and the newer black shirt with colorful lettering :rainbow: (I wonder if that’s stitched?).

and maybe a bit of BRIGHT FUTURE for the bi-color theme

(not that you should care)

I’m too lazy to find the images but it’s just like
green stitched fox jumper + blue pugs jumper = blue stitched derpy corgi jumper.
Obviously grey fox jumper = grey fox jumper, but major kudos to the graphic designer of the hidden foxes. Anywho my kid wants the cactus cushion, so well done Phil. (It took a second watch for me to catch the “ribbed” for her pleasure joke.) The white cactus tea would be cuter if the design was on a pocket. Still wouldn’t buy it, but I’d respect it a bit more, ya know? :cactus:
bevioletsky
glabella

That was so nice 🥺

I don’t watch her regularly but I had actually seen jennamarbles’ plant tour and remember thinking that it was the perfect kind of chill content and something I’d like to see from Phil, only I didn’t think it would happen as it would involve showing some of their flat and not being stuck to a tight frame. But hey, they managed! Actually showing some of it but also not too much! I was so pleased to see their booze collection, idek. The plants really don’t seem to be doing that badly, considering, although promoting himself to a botanist might be a step too far. Overall, Phil was funny and cute and relaxed, and Dan’s surprisingly expressive presence as silent cameraman was much appreciated as well.

Oh yeah, and since someone might care, I guess..? When Phil was talking about the ZZ plant I spotted a book in the background with the word ‘COFFEE’ on the cover and felt the need to find out what it was; it appears to be this specific edition of The World Atlas of Coffee: From Beans to Brewing — Coffees Explored, Explained and Enjoyed. Fascinating info I know, do with it what you will lol.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

bevioletsky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:39 pm Oh yeah, and since someone might care, I guess..? When Phil was talking about the ZZ plant I spotted a book in the background with the word ‘COFFEE’ on the cover and felt the need to find out what it was; it appears to be this specific edition of The World Atlas of Coffee: From Beans to Brewing — Coffees Explored, Explained and Enjoyed. Fascinating info I know, do with it what you will lol.
I do actually find that interesting! Phil is an instant coffee pleb after all, so I wonder how they got that book. Did Dan buy it for himself? Or as a joke gift to tease Phil's pleb taste with? Did Phil buy it to broaden his horizons untik realizing that he loves his Nescafé too much? Did an unassuming friend or family member pick up on Phil's addiction and got him the book as a genuine gift?

I'm genuinely fascinated. I'm insane enough to want to know backstory about any random thing in their flat. Help.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

bevioletsky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:39 pm Oh yeah, and since someone might care, I guess..? When Phil was talking about the ZZ plant I spotted a book in the background with the word ‘COFFEE’ on the cover and felt the need to find out what it was; it appears to be this specific edition of The World Atlas of Coffee: From Beans to Brewing — Coffees Explored, Explained and Enjoyed. Fascinating info I know, do with it what you will lol.
Ugh, yes! I wanted to bring this up as well! Idk if they got that book themselves or if it was given to them as a gift, but it's written by James Hoffman who has his own youtube channel. I love said channel, not because I'm by any means a coffee connoisseur, but because his videos are really peaceful and satisfying to watch.

This info is also neither here nor there, so I'll just close it out by saying that Dan and Phil should release a coffee so that James can review it. And also, that I will now imagine that they are fans who enjoy watching his videos for some light entertainment.

:daddy:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan followed James Hoffman on Instagram sometime last month so maybe he got the book as a gift or took up an interest in brewing coffee
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I’m still salty about the loss of the brown hair but Phil looked great, especially in that natural light next to all of that green. For someone who says he kills plants, so many of those were absolutely flourishing and I have to applaud the commitment. I’ve also always figured they had a nice apartment but seeing these extra glimpses just made me think how really comfortable and nicely decorated it is. And as someone who has a large liquor collection mostly due to various dinner parties, I certainly hope some of their collection is evidence of fun nights with friends and family.

The one comment that made me wonder was when Phil was on the balcony talking about the plant that tries but doesn’t always succeed and how that was like Phil. He then cut to the hair cutting video but I thought immediately of his VidCon interview about his first pitch not working out. The comment just struck me as self aware in a bit of a wry, dry way.

Also I have purchased the cactus pillow and really want the black shirt but it was already sold out in my size. I am also surprised by how much I like the tote bag. It is not my style at all but it was kinda mesmerizing in the video and I love the idea of Phil being really into something so very flashy.
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm What is this magnet on their fridge?

looks like Lucario kissing another Pokemon who's color is pink (Slurpuff ?)