Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
masterofgeometry
squish
Pronouns: she/her

At like 5:30, with the bathroom succulent, when Phil was complaining bout the broken lights and crappy bathroom, I was like "Ah, we're at the complaining about the current apartment stage of moving hill, huh"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Not that I'm done overanalyzing Phil's video but I saw this on my feed and oh my god yes I am here for phandom making their own gaming videos.

masterofgeometry
squish

Lmao @ the piranha plant part, wasn't there speculation ages ago that it was a gift "bouquet" from Dan? I see you, Phil, you ain't bein subtle.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Mod Note:

Hey folks! You might notice the forum looking a bit funky today. We've run into an issue with a recent update and are working to sort it out. In the meantime, you probably wont be able to use the Full Editor & Preview to write or submit posts, so please submit any replies via the Quick Reply section at the bottom of a thread.

Please let the mod team know if you're running into anything especially annoying! Hopefully we'll have this corrected soon.

ETA: Problems should all be resolved, but please let us know if you're still having any trouble.
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

absolutely loved that video. i love getting a chance to nosey round their apartment, they've accumulated so many knick-knacks through the years. when phil showed the mario flowers you could see the red telephone behind him from the 'uncle dan's support hotline' segment of tatinof. i also liked seeing how much the red acer has grown since it appeared in week in the life two years ago. nice to see that he's doing something right when it comes to plant-keeping (unlike me, who went away for a week leaving my plants on a sunny windowsill and came back to find them dried up and dead :/)
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Yaaay, the forum is readable again!
felucca
truth bomb

Just thought I'd pop by the main thread to say I updated the attraction thread with one final post, may it rest in peace.

Poor thing was just left hanging there in a pre-coming out universe, it didn't seem right. :ribena:

I also updated the attraction playlists on Youtube and rewatched them in the process - something I truly recommend if you've got some time to kill and don't mind getting your heart broken and put back together again.

Dan's playlist (aka the painful one)
Phil's playlist (aka the 'let's be real he hardly even bothered' one)
Joint playlist

Also, in light of recent Shane Dawson drama I got inspired to compile all the shady and gross things Shane has said about our boys in one video, enjoy...?

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:07 am Not that I'm done overanalyzing Phil's video but I saw this on my feed and oh my god yes I am here for phandom making their own gaming videos.

Aww I love that so much. Wholesome. That thumbnail is truly a thing of beauty. And "cactus" doesn't even sound like a real word anymore.

Lol I think it was like a week ago a friend complimented me on my ability to escape the phandom and "kick the habit". It's never going to happen, is it?
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

timestamps but specifically just for stuff in their flat and me commenting on it.

:01 - The long storage/bench/shelf thing seems to hold Norman and his various foods and other essential fishie things, the big painting (was that a Bryony one too?), the oil slick candle, and a terrerium.
1:48 - This Bitch. The needy plant, located beside Norman's domain.
2:19 - Magic Bean that grew out of a can and maybe is dead.
2:29 - Highlight of the video: Norman shot. Grassy boys. Mossy boys.
2:37 - Bonsai! On top of the games shelf, along with their awards collection. Boncas, a Radio 1 one, the golden headphones.
2:47 - Tiny Terrerium #1, the Quiet Hot Guy/Girl. This seems to be sitting on a floofy cushion and I'm guessing that's not where it lives, so they probably moved it for the shot.
3:00 - Terrierum Big Lad. Looks like an angry hand. Good shot of some of their board games.
3:09 - The partier plant, surrounded by the booze.
3:22 - Beast. Zee plant. Zee Zee plant. Zed plant. It's got Zeds in it. A monster. Coffee book on the table beside Phil.
3:48 - Golden Pig. (is not a plant)
3:51 - Arse-thetic dead plant corner - located on top of a shelf by a window. Terrerium full of crispy boys and also a parrot, a bonsai that Phil has a lot of hostility towards, the burned out birthday candle that made Dan cry, another candle (with the most basic candle packaging but can anyone identify it?)
4:11 - Crotch blooming flower with some performance anxiety. Sat near one of their endless windows and the chair. (Chair is by the tv? I see something that gives a time readout - this bit was filmed at 5:49 pm - and also what looks like a gaming console.)
4:35 - Lotus crunchy biscoff spread and bagels. You can't see Phil in this shot which makes me wonder if he realized he was like 20 seconds under the ten minute mark and looked around for something to film. Warburton's brand bagels, if you're curious.
4:41 - The under stair plant. Cool shelving under their stairs - there's another candle in the cube beside the fake plant.
4:53 - Fake tree thing in the hallway. Bad lighting there, very yellow. It's such a stark difference from the abundant natural light of the upstairs.
5:04 - Dilophosaurus plant. Too eager, Phil doesn't like it. He films this bit by the stairs but doesn't show us where it normally sits.
5:20 - Darkened bathroom succulent. Lights are broken and he can't be bothered to sort it out. Is this the office bathroom? I think this is the office bathroom.
5:45 - The office! Aka where Phil did his liveshows. Red chair. Dan's D. Plus a bottle of something... that looks familiar but I can't remember what it is? Classy lady plant that Phil forgets about and is covered in a layer of dust.
6:16 - We've relocated! Filming flat fridge magnet cacti. Wombat and parakeet still fucking. Someone tell them take a break. Maybe encourage hydration.
6:28 - Peace lilly. Jesus of plants. He's had it since 2014. Also the table and chairs colored from the old flat.
7:02 - Pirahna plant flowers! Cute. :(
7:09 - Phil's filming area. Yodeling pickle; not a plant. Cactus; not a real plant. Crotch unobstructed shot of Phil in shorts with his legs spread, for anyone interested in that. Old faithful plant - he's had it since they came to London. Plant is DIRECTLY against the wall in the corner of the room.
7:45 - Balcony plants; Japanese acer, Phil is very proud of it. Second acer that's trying but not succeeding.
8:16 - A squirrel laid (buried) an acorn and is growing an acorn (oak) tree, which live for a thousand years.
8:45 - Strong buddy Greg that is also an insect sanctuary.
9:05 - Phil doesn't know what's going on with this plant.
9:07 - The secondary highlight of the video, Steve the Pigeon. You can kinda see a shot of their balcony lounging area here.
9:28 - Dan's toe.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm Crotch unobstructed shot of Phil in shorts with his legs spread, for anyone interested in that.
I am now 100% convinced that Phil has a running gag with himself to put a crotch shot in every single video since the background change. I need to actually compile a list but...feeling fairly convinced.
susan2
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 3:51 - Arse-thetic dead plant corner - located on top of a shelf by a window. Terrerium full of crispy boys and also a parrot, a bonsai that Phil has a lot of hostility towards, the burned out birthday candle that made Dan cry, another candle (with the most basic candle packaging but can anyone identify it?)
It's an Ohros Candle - https://www.ohros.com
Not sure which scent tho?
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 4:41 - The under stair plant. Cool shelving under their stairs - there's another candle in the cube beside the fake plant.
This one looks like Tom Dixon - Air to me :candle:
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 5:45 - The office! Aka where Phil did his liveshows. Red chair. Dan's D. Plus a bottle of something... that looks familiar but I can't remember what it is? Classy lady plant that Phil forgets about and is covered in a layer of dust.
The bottle is the matches Dan got for Christmas in 2015 ... so I guess he really hasn't opened them then!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

susan2 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:18 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 3:51 - Arse-thetic dead plant corner - located on top of a shelf by a window. Terrerium full of crispy boys and also a parrot, a bonsai that Phil has a lot of hostility towards, the burned out birthday candle that made Dan cry, another candle (with the most basic candle packaging but can anyone identify it?)
It's an Ohros Candle - https://www.ohros.com
Not sure which scent tho?
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 4:41 - The under stair plant. Cool shelving under their stairs - there's another candle in the cube beside the fake plant.
This one looks like Tom Dixon - Air to me :candle:
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 5:45 - The office! Aka where Phil did his liveshows. Red chair. Dan's D. Plus a bottle of something... that looks familiar but I can't remember what it is? Classy lady plant that Phil forgets about and is covered in a layer of dust.
The bottle is the matches Dan got for Christmas in 2015 ... so I guess he really hasn't opened them then!
Oh bless you... I don't know why I'm obsessed with knowing what candles they're burning but I am and this reply was so satisfying.

The MATCHES omg yes. It was bothering me so much that I couldn't place what that was when I knew I'd seen it before. I'm impressed at his dedicated to the aesthetic with not using them.
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

ok bless you. i don't feel quite so insane for going through the vid with a fine-toothed comb.
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm timestamps but specifically just for stuff in their flat and me commenting on it.
2:37 - Bonsai! On top of the games shelf, along with their awards collection. Boncas, a Radio 1 one, the golden headphones.
LOVED seeing all the awards. just <3333
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 5:04 - Dilophosaurus plant. Too eager, Phil doesn't like it. He films this bit by the stairs but doesn't show us where it normally sits.
i'm going to guess bedroom, which is right beside the stairs on the bottom level.
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 5:20 - Darkened bathroom succulent. Lights are broken and he can't be bothered to sort it out. Is this the office bathroom? I think this is the office bathroom.
i think it's definitely the bathroom upstairs by the kitchen. (the one where phil fainted and has the laundry)
the office is in the filming flat, right?
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 7:09 - Phil's filming area. Yodeling pickle; not a plant. Cactus; not a real plant. Crotch unobstructed shot of Phil in shorts with his legs spread, for anyone interested in that. Old faithful plant - he's had it since they came to London. Plant is DIRECTLY against the wall in the corner of the room.
is this in the living flat or the filming flat?
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 9:28 - Dan's toe.
most noteworthy toe in existence.
bluecaterpillar

oriharakaoru wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:37 pm
the office is in the filming flat, right?
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm 7:09 - Phil's filming area. Yodeling pickle; not a plant. Cactus; not a real plant. Crotch unobstructed shot of Phil in shorts with his legs spread, for anyone interested in that. Old faithful plant - he's had it since they came to London. Plant is DIRECTLY against the wall in the corner of the room.
is this in the living flat or the filming flat?
the office is in the living flat, the filming flat doesn't have curtains like that anywhere. it's the door on the right hand side when you come down their stairs.

phil's filming space is in the filming flat, it's behind the weird glass wall.
movedon
first-time poster

Hello,

Not new to them but have only recently rediscovered them and found this page. How do you all know there are two flats and not just a very different upstairs and downstairs? Or is it just speculation?

Just really curious why people believe it!
bluecaterpillar

movedon wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:20 pm Hello,

Not new to them but have only recently rediscovered them and found this page. How do you all know there are two flats and not just a very different upstairs and downstairs? Or is it just speculation?

-they have two different buzzers/entryphones, two different washing machines, two different wifi routers and two kitchens
-the flooring and internal doors are different between the two flats
-they have 3 floors but only one staircase because the 'third floor' (filming flat) is a separate apartment
-there's nowhere for the two flats to connect internally

i know it sounds kind of farfetched at first but it's the only way the layout makes sense. also they probably enjoy having work and home a bit more separate, and their living space doesn't need to get cluttered up with filming equipment.
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

movedon wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:20 pm Hello,

what bluecaterpillar said but also we have a blueprint/layout of the living flat that someone found a few years ago. i think sharing it is taboo but it's actually really easy to find with google (all address info as been removed). what we've seen of the living flat on video matches exactly to the layout (i...might spend too much time comparing things).
jesp
why bother

Forum breadcrumbs {the directory at the top of each page} are currently missing, explanation post over in About this Forum and also quoted here.
We recently updated the forum software to the latest version to ensure we have the latest security features and bug fixes. Normally this causes no issues for the users and is only noticed on the back end, but this time there have been a very small number of bugs.

Among those are missing breadcrumbs - the things at the top of the page that look like this

Code: Select all

In Depth Bants < Announcements and News < About This Forum
When we updated the forum software we chose not to update the forum styles {or themes} from 3.2.2 to 3.3.0 at the same time leading to small bugs. This isn't a huge issue but we do want to get it fixed.

In the meantime if you do need the breadcrumb menu you can use the forum default style prosilver. Fair warning, it's ugly as heck.

To use prosilver, you can follow the steps in this FAQ post and select prosilver from the dropdown.

Please do let us know if you find any more issues, and thanks so much for your patience - we all genuinely appreciate it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Culture war commence?
I say otter pops.

Also, this thread about Steve. :( I love that Phil is taking care of his bird buddy.
jesp
why bother

Nah Phil, they're called ice lollies.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Does anyone here know anything about birds? Like, does that pigeon look injured and if so, is it really affecting its ability to be a pigeon? I'm just curious if it's an actual issue or something minor.

Also, I call them freezer pops.
noodlebum
flower crown

Ice lollies, ice pops... either way, I now want one, it's sooo hot :sunshine:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Ok, but this new tweet is pretty good too:
yoinks
not a first-time poster

Hello guys :dh: I just wanted to confirm that this plant we see in Phil's Viewers Pick My Outfits vid is the same one that's in his YT setup now? The plant in his setup looks so much more thiccccc and it had me....questioning......

If it is, then here is a reminder of that 10/10 video anyway hahah
annabanana
sofa crease

It must be a really slow news day or whoever runs the enews insta is a phannie :rofl:
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Megancita75 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:07 pm Does anyone here know anything about birds? Like, does that pigeon look injured and if so, is it really affecting its ability to be a pigeon? I'm just curious if it's an actual issue or something minor.

Also, I call them freezer pops.
Not a bird expert at all but I've rewatched some footage of Steve from the video and Instastories and he does seem to limp a bit. Sadly, that's not uncommon with feral pigeons considering how many I've seen with whole legs missing. Depending on what kind of injury it is, it might get infected and Steve could get sick and die. It's nice that he found a nice and quiet balcony with plenty of food where he can rest though, maybe it'll help him a bit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr