Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

xAshleighx wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:27 pm So, off topic, but I've never seen Interactive Introverts and I was thinking about buying it to watch this weekend? I'm a little bit worried, though, because I saw Danny & Drew's tour in person and didn't think it was funny, despite enjoying both of their YouTube content. Will ii be the same, or does it have a similar vibe to dnp's YouTube content? I don't know what exactly it was about Danny & Drew's show that I disliked, I just didn't think it was super funny.
I wanna reiterate what others have been saying with: yes, it's totally worth it! While I think it's better to read posts/listen to audios of the different shows because that's what made it unique, I genuinely loved getting to watch it on dvd, and I especially loved getting to hear the directors commentary. It's hands down one of the best pieces of content from them, imo. And I found tatinof kinda painful to get through in how cheesy it was so the difference was awesome.

On an unrelated note to the quoted post, I just want to say that I think without babying Dan and still remaining critical of him, dismissing his mental health problems as something he should just get over is shitty. That said, I can't fuck off from my job because I'm going through some shit and still expect to have a job at the end of the day, so I think for me bottom line is some communication would be fucking nice, it doesn't take much to write out a tweet, especially when you're making passive aggressive jokes. But I guess what we've learned from all this is that dnp are never going to change in that department and we're just clowning ourselves. I'm just saying what others have said multiple times over, but I wanted to throw my two cents in, and also say that idb is probably the only place online I've ever actually felt comfortable being truly critical and "negative", and to be met with constructive and thoughtful responses (aside from the inescapable trolls), even if I don't agree with them.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I've been looking at the content from this time last year and damn... While it's hardly the worst consequence of a worldwide pandemic, Deppy not being able to give us some travel footage is still tragic. It was like their only actual joint content last year and it was so GOOD. That entire Vidcon/America trip was all the content I ever wanted.

We got Phil's ass in those shorts, 'legalise catboys', them meeting Safiya and Cristine, their individual panels, Dan's stand up comedy bit about the marathon, the last joint meet & greet (for now... shut up let me have this), the Vidcon Now videos, AND THEN THAT ROADTRIP.
Featuring more hiking, Cornelia giving us sweet content like DnP walking behind her and having a conversation, RISKY SHOWER, Phil being nowhere to be found when they were trying to help people who got stuck, thicc rocks, Dan getting on the floor for Phil, Dan burning alive in the desert, some more hiking to Phil's absolute dismay, all those family pictures, Phil being a gambling king, Dan being a ho (with Phil's stuff in the background because he's taken lads), IRL Golf With boyFriends, them destroying things in that wreck room.

And when they got home we got a really cute Dan selfie. :( :love2:

This all happened in the span of two weeks. I want to go back to July 2019, when I still knew what happiness was. :happytears:

The fun starts with this day, but go back another if you want that to heal your soul with Dan applying glitter to Phil's face for his Aquarius merch shoot. Or watch the whole 2019 Playlist, like I do once a week.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

xAshleighx wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:27 pm So, off topic, but I've never seen Interactive Introverts and I was thinking about buying it to watch this weekend? I'm a little bit worried, though, because I saw Danny & Drew's tour in person and didn't think it was funny, despite enjoying both of their YouTube content. Will ii be the same, or does it have a similar vibe to dnp's YouTube content? I don't know what exactly it was about Danny & Drew's show that I disliked, I just didn't think it was super funny.
Definitely buy it! I’ll be honest and say there are parts which you might be a little 😏 about but 99% of the show is actually really funny! The second half was especially good. Please come back and let us know what you thought afterwards.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

A tweet and a few replies:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Behold, the possibilities of long-curly Dan

Sweet
Are hipsters still a thing?
Swishy
Only 80s kids will remember
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan STILL not having shown us his hair is an actual crime. I wanna see those wild curls! Phil is a lucky bastard.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker

And another, cute as heck
laurenbacall
delia smith

flarequake wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:03 pm
Only 80s kids will remember
cant decide if he looks more like george michael or noel edmonds in this one
flarequake
not an airport stalker

laurenbacall wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:37 am
cant decide if he looks more like george michael or noel edmonds in this one
:rofl: Oh, that’s good. My first thought was Tom Selleck, thought that in the driving instructor gaming video too, just a simple prop moustache and bam ;)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is joining the Illuminati! He will soon have the power of triangles.

:illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
phancon
delia smith

madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Whoa. Well then. I’m very surprised I haven’t seen more people posting about that (unless they did and I just have so many people muted on twitter that I missed it). Gotta say tho, the book being confirmed (like, unofficially, to us) by *weebl* of all people does crack me up a bit :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
liola
rankussy

Either I'm stupid or blind but I went through that guy channel and saw no video parody? I even tried searching his channel with the not so reliable youtube search but there is nothing that even links to Dan.

If anything anyway I 100& thought it was about TABINOF not something else lmao somehow help me out please i'm dumb
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

liola wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:38 pm Either I'm stupid or blind but I went through that guy channel and saw no video parody? I even tried searching his channel with the not so reliable youtube search but there is nothing that even links to Dan.

If anything anyway I 100& thought it was about TABINOF not something else lmao somehow help me out please i'm dumb
Ohh it is? From back in the day? Well, that explains that... I wasn’t around then and there’s still a lot of stuff I haven’t seen, didn’t know weebl had made a vid about it back then. (Was it good?) Welp, back to square one I guess!

(Wonder why he didn’t also tweet Phil lol)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan just started following social life on Instagram. I know it’s his friends company but they do a lot of work with Netflix so I wonder if it’s connected
liola
rankussy

madzilla84 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:44 pm
liola wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:38 pm Either I'm stupid or blind but I went through that guy channel and saw no video parody? I even tried searching his channel with the not so reliable youtube search but there is nothing that even links to Dan.

Ohh it is? From back in the day? Well, that explains that... I wasn’t around then and there’s still a lot of stuff I haven’t seen, didn’t know weebl had made a vid about it back then. (Was it good?) Welp, back to square one I guess!

(Wonder why he didn’t also tweet Phil lol)
No wait I've got no idea if Weebl did a video on tabinof I was just assuming since there is no new videos about books on his channel, but when i looked at the tweet the first thing I thought was that it must've been on tabinof or around that era cause.. why would a project that would probably be under NDA allow a parody when it hasn't even be announced?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
phancon
delia smith

maybe it's something he's still waiting for youtube to unblock? I don't know though, I was a bit confused too, can't remember him doing any dan and/or phil related parody.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

If it’s Tabinof I think Dan’s listed as the main author. Phil’s name is on the book but some search engines don’t show his name on it 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’d be surprised if it was anything else though because I thought the good reads release date was 2021?
susan2
rainbow nerd

I assume it was about this (old/2015) video -

NSFW
flarequake
not an airport stalker

:rofl: high art indeed
kiro56
tol bean

Imagine Dan farting on you. :flush: :happywank:

:please:
moonanonymous
smol bean

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but I've been looking for a really old phil video (like, snokoplasm era) and can't find it anywhere -- it was like a short film thing he did about the future and time travel? I want to say it was called 'dreams of the future' but I could be making that up. There were like three different versions of phil in it, each with lines drawn on his face but wearing different shirt colors, and I remember the quote "in the future, we all sleep in cryogenic pods and there are robots everywhere". I haven't watched it since 2012-ish and can't find it on his channel or unlisted videos, but I remember it making such an impression on my 14-year-old self that I showed it to my dad lol. Does anyone else remember this/know where to find it? Thank you!
tipofmemory
dank meme
Pronouns: she/they

moonanonymous wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:04 am Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but I've been looking for a really old phil video (like, snokoplasm era) and can't find it anywhere -- it was like a short film thing he did about the future and time travel? I want to say it was called 'dreams of the future' but I could be making that up. There were like three different versions of phil in it, each with lines drawn on his face but wearing different shirt colors, and I remember the quote "in the future, we all sleep in cryogenic pods and there are robots everywhere". I haven't watched it since 2012-ish and can't find it on his channel or unlisted videos, but I remember it making such an impression on my 14-year-old self that I showed it to my dad lol. Does anyone else remember this/know where to find it? Thank you!
Oo yeah that rings a bell.

I think it's this one from Nov 2009! It's called 'Dreams of the Future' and has the quote you mentioned :). (privated in 2018)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

For those who have missed Dan's Music Opinions.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Wow, strong words, Daniel.