Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
moonanonymous
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her

tipofmemory wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:30 am
moonanonymous wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:04 am Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but I've been looking for a really old phil video (like, snokoplasm era) and can't find it anywhere -- it was like a short film thing he did about the future and time travel? I want to say it was called 'dreams of the future' but I could be making that up. There were like three different versions of phil in it, each with lines drawn on his face but wearing different shirt colors, and I remember the quote "in the future, we all sleep in cryogenic pods and there are robots everywhere". I haven't watched it since 2012-ish and can't find it on his channel or unlisted videos, but I remember it making such an impression on my 14-year-old self that I showed it to my dad lol. Does anyone else remember this/know where to find it? Thank you!
Oo yeah that rings a bell.

I think it's this one from Nov 2009! It's called 'Dreams of the Future' and has the quote you mentioned :). (privated in 2018)
That’s it!! Thank you so much :)
dontpanic
#relatable

In a rare turn of events I agree with Dan's music opinions
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Happy 2 years since this iconic moment (headphone users beware).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Happy tourbus #babuse day y'all. Dan in that bit cracks me up. No but I still love this video so much and I'm having A Day, so I really recommend it if you need a dose of happiness like I did.

Phil please give us a new video soon-ish, my thirst needs quenching.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Yes, that was a fun rewatch. Of course, there's an extra layer of humor if you're American and know what their wrong picks were (eg, Iowa for Ohio, and confusing New Hampshire and Vermont).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

:P Meandering into a completely different subject...for those of you that didn't know, if you ask Siri who is Phil Lester's husband, or ask who he is married to, Siri says Phil Lester is married to Daniel Howell. :P :rainbowtears:

yes i did spend many minutes asking Siri a bunch of random questions in the middle of the night now stop judging me :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

What a great rewatch! There was never a decent reason for them to be squeezed onto that tiny bus seat when there's a whole couch behind them. I had completely forgotten about the Yung Lean joke, that made me do a proper laugh because I didn't expect it.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:42 pm
I have honestly never felt more seen. He's really speaking for an entire fandom rn.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Finally someone using the check mark privilege for a good reason
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, Thomas, endlessly-sweet sunshine and force for good :lilheart: I hadn’t spotted this tiny bouncing heart before, it’s adorable.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

But what are you going to do about it, Phil? What are you going to do about it?!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

rizzo wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:36 pm But what are you going to do about it, Phil? What are you going to do about it?!
It's silly but i'm ctfu over how Phil untagged Dan in his reply.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:21 pm It's silly but i'm ctfu over how Phil untagged Dan in his reply.
lol i noticed this too. i have so many questions. is this how they're trying to separate career & relationship? :lol:

OR is untagging dan just ensuring nobody gets too hopeful for joint content ever again? both? lmao truly a move.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingPhil wrote:Hello cactus chums!

Hope you are all doing well (or better than well) (or SWELL).

Shock horror.. I’m writing this while snacking on something! I’m eating some bizarre flavoured liquorice that my mum sent me in a care package. All in all I don’t think you should combine liquorice and fruit but if you want a review I’d say that banana liquorice is pretty great and kiwi/apple liquorice belongs in the fires of hell. (I’ll still eat it though).

Thought i'd pop in to say I'm filming the last part of a new video tomorrow! It might be a bit of a slow edit due to a load of random phone clips so it could be out at any point later this week depending how square I want my eyes to be. My hints are that it contains a lot of drama and time pressure…!

My weekend was consumed by the new paper mario game. I blinked and 2 days had passed and I had vivid dreams that I was made out of origami so all in all I guess I had a great time.

Anyway i'll give you a sneaky heads up just before I post the video and you can ponder your love or hate for liquorice in the poll below!

Philip
AmazingPhil
He also included a poll about loving or loathing licorice in which far too many people had the wrong opinion. (Licorice is tasty af.)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:00 am Finally someone using the check mark privilege for a good reason
My SO is verified on twitter and I have definitely considered having them tweet at dan and phil so it goes into the special mentions box 😂
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Liquorice opinions huh... I’m not a fan, but I can manage the sweet-layered liquorice allsorts, liquorice to the minimum, thank you. Amazing that he’ll eat them even if they’re from the fiery pits of hell, boy is basically one big sweet at this point (if I had to assign him a flavour, perhaps strawberries and cream, or peaches maybe).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm Dutch, liquorice is the food of my people. I'm not fond of the salty kinds and one shouldn't put that shit in ice cream, but I fucking love liquorice. In fact I was craving some this afternoon but we have none :( As far as fruity liquorice goes, we have these winegum and liquorice duo sweets here which are pretty good. Nothing like kiwi and banana though. Sounds foul.

I'm mighty curious about Phil's new video. Drama and time pressure?? Gimme.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bevioletsky
glabella

Liquorice is great, so is liquorice ice cream. Salty liquorice is even better. Am not generally a fan of mixing liquorice with fruity things though, with some exceptions, so would probably pass on the sweets.

Someone with an ii tote walked past me yesterday, which was unexpected and a bit strange because I’m not used to seeing signs of them in the wild, but I also found it kind of nice and funny? Honestly it made me quite nostalgic for two years ago, because while I didn’t go see the show I did enjoy the other content we got then. So... I support the message of that Thomas Sanders tweet, I guess? And I’m looking forward to a new Phil video, the last few have been really nice.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Is he.... playing a game on his phone? Promoting an app? DMing celebrities?

Also liquorice is terrible and should not be allowed to be categorized as candy. Based on Phil's post... "flavored" liquorice can sometimes be a different story. For example, Twizzlers are good, beause they're not actually liquorice.

......anyone else find the word liquorice is starting to look/sound weird?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Liquorice is so good! All you haters be gone 😂

Yay to a new video, phone clips though. I hope not a hashtag soon of a mobile game - unless it’s Pokemon go I’m still pining for those videos to return 😭
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I am suspicious of this 10-day gap. What were you searching then, Philly?
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I hate liquorice allsorts even the non liquorice bits are yuck -67 out of 5 would recommend to my worst enemy, the only tolerate way to eat liquorice is a liquorice sherbet fountain, it's a better combo than a dib dab because the lolly is gone way before the sherbet then you find yourself with three quarters of a bag of sherbet to eat, liquorice is unpleasant enough it lasts the whole packet.

At this point I don't mind ehat kind of video it is I'd watch anything.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m on team Dip Dab, which I thought was Dib Dab, as did Phil (also good grief, autocorrect, I meant neither Dan nor DAB radio, how many times have I gotta type and correct), fond memories of just using a finger for the rest of the sherbet and the lolly itself is way nicer than liquorice.

Edit - ooh, I’m “not an airport stalker” now :thumb: practise considerate stanning.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Liquorice in all forms is the best, fight me.

V curious about the new video. The reply to Thomas made me sad lol, because of covid bullshit but also because it harkens to a time when deps saw other youtubers and were more active ;_;