Dan & Phil Part 95: ASS (Aquarium Staff Seminar)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
starwatersong
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

From Phil almost swearing and causing Dan to get distracted and mess up to the tumultuous ending. So good.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
kavat
pastel persona

It's been a year since they got Norman, can you believe!? What a wonderful day that was! :betta:

liola
rankussy

kavat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:54 pm It's been a year since they got Norman, can you believe!? What a wonderful day that was! :betta:

Wait a sec what do you mean a YEAR ?! Singular?! I've heard them talk about this fucking fish for far too long for it to only have been just 12 months that is NOT possible
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

noodlebum wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:13 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:25 pm y'all... i so intensely miss proper dan&phil content today. it's one of those days for me, where the longing aches a little? ya know?

anyway. if you could share your favorite-video-most-people-probably-forgot-about, that could be fun. here's mine:
'Oh it's the chicken, watch out for your l-i-f-e' :lol: i always remember that line and how weirdly he delivered it
'Beware the bear... bitch!'

One of my faves, I watched through all of the bishi bashi specials yesterday cause I was feeling nostalgic.

Also idk why they're sitting oddly far apart right at the beginning of this, by the end they're right next to eachother like usual.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

When do we think Phil is gonna drop those socks he was wearing in the plant video?

I think they look a lot like Norman (or generic betta fish) socks and it was a blue/green combo which does not match any sock sets he's released yet.

Of course, they could just be socks he owns. But they look very Slightly Odd Socks aesthetic to me.

Amiaw
interactive introvert

Is today Norman’s anniversary or is it the first time Phil tweeted his picture on the 29th?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Amiaw wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 pm Is today Norman’s anniversary or is it the first time Phil tweeted his picture on the 29th?
The 29th is when they actually got Norman. Today is just the anniversary of DnP setting up the tank and the cute #content we got out of it. :betta:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

We've gotten some great suggestions for the next thread name. Check them out and add any addtional candidates here, and look for the poll tomorrow! :laptoprat:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
inanerat
eclipse shirt

liola wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:04 pm
kavat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:54 pm It's been a year since they got Norman, can you believe!? What a wonderful day that was! :betta:

Wait a sec what do you mean a YEAR ?! Singular?! I've heard them talk about this fucking fish for far too long for it to only have been just 12 months that is NOT possible
The way this is pretty much the closest thing we've gotten to old-style joint content since Dec 2018 and it was a whole year ago :( Anyways, rewatching this has renewed my wishes for some sort of tank tour/cleaning/norman-centered video. (Would also be a great video if you wanted to announce and spon the release of fish socks huh?? just me??) Also I don't tend to be big on merch things (from deppy or anyone) just cause they aren't usually something I'd genuinely regularly wear but socks are one of those things that I really like and am willing to spend money on and FISH SOCKS, well, my wallet is open for fish socks.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

inanerat wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:06 pm
noodlebum wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:13 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:25 pm y'all... i so intensely miss proper dan&phil content today. it's one of those days for me, where the longing aches a little? ya know?

anyway. if you could share your favorite-video-most-people-probably-forgot-about, that could be fun. here's mine:
'Oh it's the chicken, watch out for your l-i-f-e' :lol: i always remember that line and how weirdly he delivered it
'Beware the bear... bitch!'

One of my faves, I watched through all of the bishi bashi specials yesterday cause I was feeling nostalgic.

Also idk why they're sitting oddly far apart right at the beginning of this, by the end they're right next to eachother like usual.
I forgot about this one until a couple days ago where I was just like... woah.
Phil saying "denim bros" but Dan semi-correcting him with "Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake". And all the softness and Phil's sassiness. And the gayness
I cannot believe I forgot about this video. Most videos from 2018 are superb tho.

ETA: phil looks so good in this video, i can't stop looking at him (yes i am rewatching it)
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
kavat
pastel persona

snoopysadie wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:02 am
ETA: phil looks so good in this video, i can't stop looking at him (yes i am rewatching it)
Phil looked so good in basically every video during II. He was glowing that summer. (Yeah he always looks good but during II? Top notch.)
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Vote for the thread name for the next month or two here! :newyear:

(There's a bit of a theme :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :rofl: )
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Here's more fun instastories from a year ago today! The adorable pupper content. All of dan's little 'hello!'s have me :rainbowtears:

I was looking at my instagram archive this morning and my comment on these stories was 'This dog content just added 5 years to my life' and that's true. We better get some more dog content in the next 4 years otherwise I'm not gonna make it longer than that.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:04 pm

And then there's me and I'm like: Didn't they get him three months ago? What is time.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Damn.

Last year we got expecting fish parents Dand and Phil putting a tank together AND puppy content in the same week. :happytears:

It's also been 2 years since one of DAPG's best ever videos was posted. Final Google Feud aka the purest form of chaos! In which Phil doesn't have legs and shares his knowledge about milking men, while Dan is busy being Dan.

"She says you're... an idiot."
* eye fucking intensifies *
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:50 pm
It's also been 2 years since one of DAPG's best ever videos was posted. Final Google Feud aka the purest form of chaos! In which Phil doesn't have legs and shares his knowledge about milking men, while Dan is busy being Dan.
At this point I can't tell if I knew all the answers because I'm a good guesser or because I've seen that video so many times! I don't know if it's that 2018 energy or if they're just so exhausted that they don't even care, but the whole video is such a gem.

"Oh, I mean...you get up to a lot when you're not tweeting"
-
"I can't, I don't have legs"
-
"CARROT?!?"
-
"WHY DO THEY CALL IT SPOONS?"
"I'm losing the will to live"
inanerat
eclipse shirt

xAshleighx wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:47 am
At this point I can't tell if I knew all the answers because I'm a good guesser or because I've seen that video so many times! I don't know if it's that 2018 energy or if they're just so exhausted that they don't even care, but the whole video is such a gem.

-
-
"CARROT?!?"
-
Every time I say the word carrot I hear dan yelling it in my head.

Fav quotes: 'I'm going to kill you to death' and 'are you actually setting me alight?'

Also the fact that dan was googling ligma lmaoo count on dan to be googling dick joke memes. And his valley girl accent. :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A sofa? Visiting friends orrrr sofa shopping? Moving hill? Maybe? I'm not delusional at all.

Anyway, YES MAKE THOSE ASS CHEEKS CLAP BB. :ASs: <3
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
dellamay
smol bean

Bryony’s birthday instastory shows a game of Heartthrob underway and is captioned “if you know you know.” Plus she has a new sofa. 🤔
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

dellamay wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:45 am Bryony’s birthday instastory shows a game of Heartthrob underway and is captioned “if you know you know.” Plus she has a new sofa. 🤔
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm gonna 'best of both worlds' it and say yeah they were clearly visiting Bryony but that they also clearly spent that whole visit talking about furniture shopping and comparing decor notes and admiring her place while telling her about the renovations on their own.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

dellamay wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:45 am Bryony’s birthday instastory shows a game of Heartthrob underway and is captioned “if you know you know.” Plus she has a new sofa. 🤔
This makes good sense and makes me feel better that Phil probably said that in the company of close friends who would tease him about it and they could all have a good laugh, but not be a completely mortifying situation in front of random people.

I was also thinking about how to try and say what Phil was actually thinking when he said 'ass clap' and I came up with 'butt applause' which I feel is hilarious and should be a thing.

*shake it by charli XCX plays*
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

xAshleighx wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:47 am

-
-
"CARROT?!?"
-
That video is one of my faves :stan:

A bit unrelated but I'm actually looking for gaming videos in which deppy push the other person's chair out of shot because it's extremely cute and I need a compilation and if no one has done it yet then I am doing it.

So far I've got:
- google feud final battle
- quickdraw marshmallow showdown
- christmas shopper simulator 2
- extreme tetris

Please if anyone remembers/stumbles upon more vids where they push the chairs or shove each other let me know <3
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Ohh I am happy to help you on this quest, I was just thinking about chair pushing moments the other day.

There's one in Dil Gets a Girlfriend (sims #17) at 17:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxWSseTnHkQ

Other gems from this vid:
-'Romance and burgers, what more do you need in life?' I feel like that has strong deppy getting take away burgers and chilling on the couch while watching TV vibes
-Phil's lil eye roll when Dan says that letting Tabitha have a drawer to put things in the house as the next stage in the relationship might be 'moving too fast' like 'ok mr show up to the bf's apt unannounced to do laundry, you're one to talk'

Also idk if it counts but in How Not to Drive with Dan and Phil, Dan pushes Phil all over the flat in the chair/ causes him to fall off the chair in the kitchen
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil gifted Bryony with one of the art pieces from his spon deal and I gotta think now that he bought it with her in mind to begin with because she did an ig story showing it off and it is so her aesthetic. It actually looks perfect in her flat.