Your favourite Dan and Phil/phandom conspiracy theory?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Ticia wrote:
oqua wrote:
PolarFox wrote:
oqua wrote:
papierklemmen wrote:
oqua wrote:Conspiracy Theory: Phil has a tiny star tattoo under his left nipple.

In this radio show clip, Deppy discuss whether or not they are tattoo people, and Phil jokingly suggests the idea of getting a tiny star tattooed under his nipple, to which Dan reacts with disgust:

But notice at 00:16 how Dan says, "Euh, you're pointing to it!" Strange choice of words if the tattoo doesn't exist.

And when's the last time we saw a picture of Phil's bare chest? Definitely sometime before 16 June 2013, the date of this radio show.
lol reviving this conspiracy theory because i only just saw this tweet. was there some context to it? except the boob star wouldn't make sense, because the tweet is from 2009 and we saw his chest back then. :lol:
Whoa, what was the tweet?? It's been deleted now. :(

(The tweet was http://twitter.com/amazingphil/status/2418473258)
It said "I'm going to regret this tattoo" or something very similar to that :gg:
Ahh, I found a cached version of it. Here's a screenshot.

As for context, he tweeted this two days later:
and this is the link

omg, fetus Phil I hadn't seen! So cute. His American accent's not bad here, either.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

Sorry to almost meaninglessly revive this thread but I just realised something in the first Akinator video. Not only is question 14 missing but when they first click on the website 717 people have played that day. There is a jumpcut not long after and afterwards 94565 people have played that day.
I can't help but wonder what happened within that time.
Sure, right now I refreshed the website every 5 seconds or so and about 100 people had played, but if the website traffic had been around the same as it is now, that could've been over an hour long jumpcut.
:D
parallel
phabergé

SexyTrashCan wrote:Sorry to almost meaninglessly revive this thread but I just realised something in the first Akinator video. Not only is question 14 missing but when they first click on the website 717 people have played that day. There is a jumpcut not long after and afterwards 94565 people have played that day.
I can't help but wonder what happened within that time.
Sure, right now I refreshed the website every 5 seconds or so and about 100 people had played, but if the website traffic had been around the same as it is now, that could've been over an hour long jumpcut.
That's actually a good find! Hmm, I wonder why. Probably some innocent explanation, but still.
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

Phil was turned into a vampire while he was in uni, but he doesn't know it
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

CallMeAyana wrote:Phil was turned into a vampire while he was in uni, but he doesn't know it
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised. Pale skin, seemingly immortal beauty... Maybe cheese is actually like garlic for vampires?

Someone should write a fanfiction about that. Oh wait...
:D
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

I couldn't help thinking of this when everyone stated talking about Dan and Phil possibly sleeping in Dan's room in their new flat. I'll put this under Spoiler as it's quite anti-Phan and not meant seriously.
Dan and Phil moved apart.

The theory: Dan and Phil moved into separate flats/houses, maybe quite close together. Phil's place has the lounge and Phil's room, Dan's place is decorated in a space-theme and has his bedroom and the "upper lounge".

Proof:
-It would explain the random move, the mysterious layout ("Here's Phil's room. He's going to keep making videos in it like always!" "Dan's room is upstairs. You won't get to see that unless he posts an Instagram photo of himself in it at some point.") and their reluctance to give us an apartment tour.
-All the things we saw in the liveshow seemed to have been Phil's? (I'm not an expert here, if someone could chime in confirming/denying that, that'd be great)
-Phil sounded so surprised to hear Dan's design choices in the chat.
D:"I've completely changed everything." P:"OH? Well. There you go."
"You bought a plant? I didn't know you bought a plant!"

Problems?:
-What about the gaming channel? Well, they only post about twice a week, so they would only have to meet once every one or two weeks, bulk-film and then they could edit separately.
-Why did they do a joint liveshow then? Because they hadn't done a liveshow for ages and aren't going to do a regular show for a while now.
-What about the space they showed where Dan said he's going to film? We didn't see much of it. It could easily be anything else.
-Why wouldn't they just tell us? Because 1) it'd cause lots of drama and 2) they'd lose all their followers who are only there for phan.
Strangebread
smol bean
Pronouns: she/her/bread

Is cherrybomb3 secretly dan?
Just imagine me as some herby artisanal bread in a strange knot shape.
gnostic
stress mushroom

Strangebread wrote:Is cherrybomb3 secretly dan?
Now y'all had to go and ruin the good thing we had going by posting publicly about it lmao
Just here for the marketing skills
helvetica
sofa crease

gnostic wrote:
Now y'all had to go and ruin the good thing we had going by posting publicly about it lmao
lmao I've been on this forum everyday and I never even made that connection :facepalm: we should have a section for the various ""characters"" on idb so we have a written record of our own history
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

helvetica wrote:
gnostic wrote:
lmao I've been on this forum everyday and I never even made that connection :facepalm: we should have a section for the various ""characters"" on idb so we have a written record of our own history

o shit

hopefully mine is just 'idk lol'
cactusbraelyn
not a first-time poster

cherrybomb3 wrote:
helvetica wrote:
gnostic wrote:

o shit

hopefully mine is just 'idk lol'
*when it all comes together*
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

askin the real questions here
:transheart:
gnostic
stress mushroom

helvetica wrote:
gnostic wrote:
Who is saying we don't? Darling we even have user ships up in this bish
Just here for the marketing skills
malday
emo goose

cherrybomb3 is secretly dan researching about fandoms for his new book.
Moon
spork

Okay, I was thinking too that cherrybomb3 is secretly dan but I'm not 100% convinced anymore.
Dan had posted his Bahamas travel video around 8:30 pm and answered some tweets after that. But while Dan tweeted, cherrybomb3 was posting on here as well: He posted at 8:56 pm however Dan tweeted before and after that:
I think it's very unlikely that Dan was reading/answering tweets while reading and posting on idb.
(side note: cherrybomb3 has never stated to be dan, I was curious and wondered myself but I don't think it's true) (but I appreciate his posts)
That's the plan.
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

Moon wrote: I think it's very unlikely that Dan was reading/answering tweets while reading and posting on idb.
(side note: cherrybomb3 has never stated to be dan, I was curious and wondered myself but I don't think it's true) (but I appreciate his posts)
you know i am not happy unless i am doing, like, seven things on the internet at once. like right now i am posting here, talking in twitter dms, talking in a group chat and answering facebook messages. one of my astrologically inclined friends calls it "being a gemini" and while i don't believe in astrology at all, i cannot help but remember the date of dan's birthday ;)
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
Moon
spork

adequate duck wrote:
Moon wrote: I think it's very unlikely that Dan was reading/answering tweets while reading and posting on idb.
you know i am not happy unless i am doing, like, seven things on the internet at once. like right now i am posting here, talking in twitter dms, talking in a group chat and answering facebook messages. one of my astrologically inclined friends calls it "being a gemini" and while i don't believe in astrology at all, i cannot help but remember the date of dan's birthday ;)
Maybe he was multitasking when he wrote all those things. Of course, his post isn't definite proof but I think it's a bit too much- writing, reading and changing to sites in seconds. Except dan is able to write two texts simultaneously.
That's the plan.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Aww :( I liked the idea of secretly have gotten no-procrastination advice from Dan. Although I don't actually believe it either The only way to multitask in that timeframe is if he had written the reply to my post and forgot to click send and did it in between tweets.
I am sure the real, not-Dan cherrybomb3 is having a great time with all this.
Moon
spork

LtrllySusan wrote:Aww :( I liked the idea of secretly have gotten no-procrastination advice from Dan. Although I don't actually believe it either The only way to multitask in that timeframe is if he had written the reply to my post and forgot to click send and did it in between tweets.
I am sure the real, not-Dan cherrybomb3 is having a great time with all this.
Well, you have gotten no-procrastination advice from someone-that's-maybe-not-dan, it's a nice act!
That can be possible although Dan had begun tweeting a few minutes before you posted your post.
Yes, I'm sure about that too!
That's the plan.
sparkle
blobfish

I love over thinking things and making up my own conspiracies and I'm going to create what I am going to call the 'Parks and Phancreation' conspiracy theory.

My theory is basically that the next DITL video is going to be their wedding day based on a few comments they have made.

Firstly: casual touching since October 2016 has been getting us gradually more and more used to the idea they are together (maybe they got engaged/decided to be more open at this point) Regardless, more physical affection is warming us to the idea that they are more than friends.

Secondly: the move and similar comments. (Once a house is bought/dog discussion). Indicate a long term, loving relationship. You can do these things with a friend, but the fact they always include each other makes it seem more likely that their relationship is something more.

Thirdly: ask about that week in February in August. Wedding planning is stressful af. I guess we'll find out next month, but this could have been what was so stressful for them.

Fourthly: DITL videos are annual and they are often uploaded in summer and they all have a focal point. Even the first one was Manchester and not just a day in their flat filming videos. The themes have been pretty varied and interesting (Japan, Australia etc), so it would make sense that their next DITL would be pretty big. The next one could be being filmed in August. They need a theme for their DITL. They've done a LOT of things. So a wedding would be a pretty interesting 'step up'.

Fifthly: this is why I have given this theory the name it has. To any Parks and Rec fans, you will know that April and Andy get married in the episode 'April and Andy's fancy party'. They invite people over under the guise of having a fancy party, which is revealed to actually be their wedding day. In the 'Dan curls my hair' video Phil says next time he curls his hair it will be because he is going to a fancy party. And will be crying in a suit eating popcorn. A fancy party such as a wedding, such as his wedding. Crying because he is so happy and having popcorn because it is his wedding and he will have popcorn at his wedding if it is the last thing he does.

Therefore, I believe that the only logical conclusion is that they are going to get married in August, put it in a DITL video, for which Phil will have curly hair.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

sparkle wrote:I love over thinking things and making up my own conspiracies and I'm going to create what I am going to call the 'Parks and Phancreation' conspiracy theory.

My theory is basically that the next DITL video is going to be their wedding day based on a few comments they have made.

Firstly: casual touching since October 2016 has been getting us gradually more and more used to the idea they are together (maybe they got engaged/decided to be more open at this point) Regardless, more physical affection is warming us to the idea that they are more than friends.

Secondly: the move and similar comments. (Once a house is bought/dog discussion). Indicate a long term, loving relationship. You can do these things with a friend, but the fact they always include each other makes it seem more likely that their relationship is something more.

Thirdly: ask about that week in February in August. Wedding planning is stressful af. I guess we'll find out next month, but this could have been what was so stressful for them.

Fourthly: DITL videos are annual and they are often uploaded in summer and they all have a focal point. Even the first one was Manchester and not just a day in their flat filming videos. The themes have been pretty varied and interesting (Japan, Australia etc), so it would make sense that their next DITL would be pretty big. The next one could be being filmed in August. They need a theme for their DITL. They've done a LOT of things. So a wedding would be a pretty interesting 'step up'.

Fifthly: this is why I have given this theory the name it has. To any Parks and Rec fans, you will know that April and Andy get married in the episode 'April and Andy's fancy party'. They invite people over under the guise of having a fancy party, which is revealed to actually be their wedding day. In the 'Dan curls my hair' video Phil says next time he curls his hair it will be because he is going to a fancy party. And will be crying in a suit eating popcorn. A fancy party such as a wedding, such as his wedding. Crying because he is so happy and having popcorn because it is his wedding and he will have popcorn at his wedding if it is the last thing he does.

Therefore, I believe that the only logical conclusion is that they are going to get married in August, put it in a DITL video, for which Phil will have curly hair.
Oh, I wish! That would be too amazing.

[Dan and Phil, in case you're reading this...like...that's something you might consider doing... (just for the phandom's sake) ]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sparkle wrote:I love over thinking things and making up my own conspiracies and I'm going to create what I am going to call the 'Parks and Phancreation' conspiracy theory.

sparkle
blobfish

Because I can't edit this, in the main thread people are saying that they aren't going to SITC this year because they are busy.

Small family wedding the same weekend as SITC and theyre stressed because they didn't want to miss it and have all of their YouTube friends unable to go. But it was the only weekend they could get their dream venue for
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop

sparkle wrote:

Because I can't edit this, in the main thread people are saying that they aren't going to SITC this year because they are busy.

Small family wedding the same weekend as SITC and theyre stressed because they didn't want to miss it and have all of their YouTube friends unable to go. But it was the only weekend they could get their dream venue for
That's why Duncan and Mimei are going to Summer in the City this year. They're just dropping in on their way to the wedding.
deadweather
placenta

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:
sparkle wrote:

That's why Duncan and Mimei are going to Summer in the City this year. They're just dropping in on their way to the wedding.
(Hi everyone, longtime fan, shorttime lurker)

Ooooor, the wedding is the weekend after SITC, and they are just so stressed with planning that they can't attend.... oooor its the weekend before SITC, and they are on their honeymoon and can't attend