Your favourite Dan and Phil/phandom conspiracy theory?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

bear wrote:
Ticia wrote:
bear wrote:
Ticia wrote:
bear wrote:some people have a theory where they were always platonic but both had crushes on
each other and recently confessed their love. I think that would be hilariously ironic, doing all that analyzing for nothing.
Where does that theory come from??
Back when I followed phannies on insta, some people thought they had skinny love and were too shy to say it.
I think I don't follow your train of thoughts here, sorry...I meant, why do you say that they "recently confessed their love"?
I'm sorry... It's 3am, I'm sleepy af and I'm bad at wording things. Some people belive they have liked each other since 2009 but either didn't do anything about it or recently told each other their feelings.
Yes, I gathered that much, but what I meant is...where do you get the theory that "recently told each other their feelings"? Is there any proof to it?
bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

Ticia wrote:
bear wrote:
Ticia wrote:
bear wrote:
Ticia wrote:
bear wrote:some people have a theory where they were always platonic but both had crushes on
each other and recently confessed their love. I think that would be hilariously ironic, doing all that analyzing for nothing.
Where does that theory come from??
Back when I followed phannies on insta, some people thought they had skinny love and were too shy to say it.
I think I don't follow your train of thoughts here, sorry...I meant, why do you say that they "recently confessed their love"?
I'm sorry... It's 3am, I'm sleepy af and I'm bad at wording things. Some people belive they have liked each other since 2009 but either didn't do anything about it or recently told each other their feelings.
Yes, I gathered that much, but what I meant is...where do you get the theory that "recently told each other their feelings"? Is there any proof to it?
Some people think it's because they've been so happy lately. I personally don't belive it, but I wanted to share it.
DryCereal
koi pond

...apparently there's still some contestants to be announced for Strictly Come Dancing this year...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:...apparently there's still some contestants to be announced for Strictly Come Dancing this year...
That would be amazing.
Ticia
suspended

SquishPhan wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:...apparently there's still some contestants to be announced for Strictly Come Dancing this year...
That would be amazing.
Yas

Yaaaas

Yaaaaaaaas

DryCereal
koi pond

Squish, Ticia, I knew you wouldn't disappoint me.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

excuse me, i just need to add the crazy 'Dan is Straight' conspiracy theory to this thread as a way to cleanse my soul, thank u
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I'm not sure if it's a conspiracy theory per se, and I honestly dunno where to bring this up so sorry if I put this here. I've been seeing a lot of mentions about Dan having accompanied Phil to the Isle of Man for a Father's Day celebration and it's taken as fact. How do we know this really happened? I've never seen an explanation for it and would love to know if this is real. Thank you in advance to all my Deppy senpais.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
backin09
living flop

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:I'm not sure if it's a conspiracy theory per se, and I honestly dunno where to bring this up so sorry if I put this here. I've been seeing a lot of mentions about Dan having accompanied Phil to the Isle of Man for a Father's Day celebration and it's taken as fact. How do we know this really happened? I've never seen an explanation for it and would love to know if this is real. Thank you in advance to all my Deppy senpais.
[Instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/4PEvVvpgNW[/Instagram]
(these were taken on the IOM)
without the internet, we never would have met
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

backin2009 wrote: [Instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/4PEvVvpgNW[/Instagram]
(these were taken on the IOM)
Thank you so much backin2009! :platonic:

stella
living flop

I'm not sure this is the place to post this but I couldn't really think of a better place. Just stumbled across this on tumblr, is it real?

~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
DryCereal
koi pond

"and i also work for youtube"

I'mma go with "no" ;)
pearshaped34
morning quiff

In 7 years of being internet famous Dan has never had a love interest his let his fans know about and he has stated clearly that he does not consider some areas of his life the internets business so the idea he was looking for love in 2013 by making public dating profiles the fans could find and stalk doesn't seem very likely.
Plus if Dan wants to find a special someone youtube itself seems to work well as a dating website. I can't count the amount of youtuber couples that say they got together by one messaging the other on there. If Dan was looking for love he'd probably more likely try to meet people that way then on an actual dating website (you know if he didn't find love that way already :sideeye: ).

Edit
I googled Dan Howell and Okcupid (because I have nothing better to do with my time this evening) and this tumblr is a top result
http://danisnotonfiredatingsite.tumblr.com/
I mean I don't know if that person seriously made that one but the messages are from may 2013 and I think that okcupid profile became widespread public knowledge when Evan tweeted it in September 2013 so the timeline adds up.
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stella
living flop

pearshaped34 wrote:In 7 years of being internet famous Dan has never had a publicly known love interest and he has stated clearly that he does not consider some areas of his life the internets business so the idea he was looking for love in 2013 by making public dating profiles his fans could find and stalk doesn't very likely.
Plus youtube itself seems to work well as a dating website. I can't count the amount of youtuber couples that say they got together by one messaging the other on there. If Dan was looking for love he'd probably more likely try to meet people that way then on an actual dating website (you know if he didn't find love that way already :sideeye: ).

Edit
I googled Dan Howell and Okcupid (because I have nothing better to do with my time this evening) and this tumblr is a top result
I mean I don't know if that person seriously made that one but the messages are from may 2013 and I think that okcupid profile became widespread public knowledge when Evan tweeted it in September 2013 so the timeline adds up.
Good find! I'm gonna go with a strong 'not real' :lol:
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
mez29
procrastinator

pearshaped34 wrote:In 7 years of being internet famous Dan has never had a love interest his let his fans know about and he has stated clearly that he does not consider some areas of his life the internets business so the idea he was looking for love in 2013 by making public dating profiles the fans could find and stalk doesn't seem very likely.
Plus if Dan wants to find a special someone youtube itself seems to work well as a dating website. I can't count the amount of youtuber couples that say they got together by one messaging the other on there. If Dan was looking for love he'd probably more likely try to meet people that way then on an actual dating website (you know if he didn't find love that way already :sideeye: ).

Edit

Some more relevant links: (cos I also just wasted too much time researching this)

http://phantaray.tumblr.com/post/626316 ... d-it-seems
http://evanedinger.tumblr.com/post/6226 ... t-to-be-oh —hmmmmm
https://www.instagram.com/p/LVwo-upgKy/ —convenient that the okcupid profile picture happened to have been publicly available.
http://thatiswhereyourewrong.tumblr.com ... m-omg-baby —untrue
Ticia
suspended

Lol "it seems to be legit" (anon on phantaray). Totes, because a cropped Instagram picture and a profile made with public info iz totez legit
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

http://gamergurlz15.tumblr.com/post/148 ... ot-but-its

Just dropping by to share my fave fake phandom conspiracy.

It's my fave cause if it were real, it's equal parts oh-my-god-this-is-sweet and oh-my-god-how-did-people-get-this emotions both coursing through me and I would have been a very torn yet very happy little

spider
ar·tic·u·late

Since this topic is back in the main thread it's time to post this compilation. It is in Part 23: Let's just retract the fist. for discussion now but anybody wanting to discuss in the future after this topic is done there can talk about it here.
are furries. Especially Dan.

Proof
Doubted furry theories for a long time until chloek88 said Dan's Guild Wars 2 shrine is almost all the character Rytlock. Then started realizing the truth. This irresputible poof is mostly in order from oldest to newest. It includes clear furry moments that are not animal ears or cat whiskers.

furries in disguise thanks to oqua
markforrer: Whos this suspicious character...
AmazingPhil: That was me in my costume on the last day of school!! :D *memories*
danisnotonfire: wait are you a furry
KatanasQuinzel: Your best friend is a furry in disguise
danisnotonfire: who isn't tbh

Phil's Blogspot answers thanks to oqua
F: Are you attracted to men? women? or lions?
Phil: All 3!
F: Would you rather be covered in fur or die age 40?
Phil: Fur :] Id be more huggable!? tho actually picturing that i'm disturbed lmao

meowing
Worst Accent EVER! 2:32 by AmazingPhil
Phil: wind8888 said try and make Dan meow. Ok. My master plan to make Dan meow is to ask him to meow so let's see how it goes. Hey Dan. Meow.
Dan: Meow. Wait why? Why are you filming this? Is this for some dodgy website? I know what you're into. I've read your browsing history

Phil's fur suit
A Day in the Life of Dan and Phil in London! 13:39 thanks to jess
Dan: Yeah I don't think I'm working this very much.
Phil: I don't know. I think mine's a good look. I might keep it on.

furry moments on DINOF DINI AP LAP DAPG
Furry Proof~ by senpai
Dan's furry hints
dan's a furry [UPDATED] by felucca
Dan's Rytlock shrine
chloek88 wrote:
rytlock is literally this beast creature from gw2:

fun fact: rytlock the beast thing is the guild wars character dan has a 'shrine' to in his room
original post
spider wrote:Did some research because this post was causing burning curiosity. Conclusion-Dan is definitely a furry. His shrine converted me from a denier to a believer.

Shrine
He usually says it's his 'Guild Wars 2 shrine' but in the tweet he called it a 'Rytlock shrine'. Guild Wars 2 shrine isn't wrong but Rytlock shrine is right.

'APARTMENT TOUR!!1!' 4:23

Tweet from chloek88's post

Poster
Dan called the large piece of art his 'Guild Wars cloth.' Don't remember what video or ls he said it. The artwork is official Guild Wars 2 concept art. The character in the front is Rytlock of course.

It doesn't seem to be official merchandise.
Plush
It's not the character Rytlock but it's the same race. US $34.99 from the Guild Wars 2 Store

Statue. This is the most interesting part.
The Rytlock statue was a limited item that was only available with the pre order Collector's Edition of Guild Wars 2. The game was US $80 and the Collector's Edition was $150 which means the statue was an extra US $70. Only an obsessed Rytlock fan would buy it.

Shirt
It seems like a limited shirt that was given away at games events like Gamescom and not for sale. Of course it has Rytlock on it.

Other items.
They're hard to see but it looks like they're general Guild Wars 2 things.

Limited Edition Strategy Guide. Was US $36.99.

The only items that are of a specific character are Rytlock. Everything else is general items. It's not reaching far to say Dan's a little obsessed. Is this enough proof for the Attraction Thread?

original post
Anti Proof
Phil's Blogspot answer thanks to oqua
F: Would you rather be covered in fur or die age 40?
Phil: Fur :] Id be more huggable!? tho actually picturing that i'm disturbed lmao
This is in Proof and Anti Proof because Phil says he would rather be furry but that it disturbs him.

Fur suits ruin things
A Festive Day in the Life of Dan and Phil! 16:05
Dan: I just can't see cartoon style huskies without thinking of people in fur suits. I'm sorry. They've been ruined forever.
Comments
This conspiracy theory mixes the real meaning and the stereotype of furry. The real meaning of furry does not mean someone is attracted to real animals. When Deppy say 'furry' they always talk about the attraction to animals meaning so that is what this post is about.

Special thanks to oqua and jess for some mentions senpai and felucca for their video compilations and chloek88 for the inspiration.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Totally true theory that everyone (2 people) believes in- Phil's secret chest in his room that he never shows to the viewers (atleast recently) leads to a sex dungeon where deppy keep their collection of furry suits, vibrators, plugs and other fun things.
Ticia
suspended

kuensukki wrote:Totally true theory that everyone (2 people) believes in- Phil's secret chest in his room that he never shows to the viewers (atleast recently) leads to a sex dungeon where deppy keep their collection of furry suits, vibrators, plugs and other fun things.
On that note...I recently read somewhere that their flat actually has a tiny attic? And that Phil mentions it in a LS? And Dan wondering if a sex dungeon actually had to be in a dungeon.
DryCereal
koi pond

Ticia wrote:
kuensukki wrote:Totally true theory that everyone (2 people) believes in- Phil's secret chest in his room that he never shows to the viewers (atleast recently) leads to a sex dungeon where deppy keep their collection of furry suits, vibrators, plugs and other fun things.
On that note...I recently read somewhere that their flat actually has a tiny attic? And that Phil mentions it in a LS? And Dan wondering if a sex dungeon actually had to be in a dungeon.
Can't think where you heard that.

Also not volunteering to get proof one way or another, ditto the "how accessibleis their flat for someone with a busted body" :lol:
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

Ticia wrote:
I remember this as well…and didn't Phil take a look into it (and checking if there is enough room for their furry suits and toys etc) while Dan was away or something? Was it during one of the times Dan was away for the gaming documentary maybe? (Sorry, can't be arsed to rewatch the LSs…)
spider
ar·tic·u·late

spider wrote:The psychic Phil theory

'I wish for pandas to mate and increase in population.'
WWF UK wrote:Breaking news!
Thanks to amazing conservation efforts the giant panda is no longer classified as endangered @IUCN

Phil is more powerful than we thought. We are lucky he is using his powers for good and not evil. Be careful of your online activity to not get an angry DM. It could probably kill you.
000dia000
emo goose

Okay, this consiracy is a bit of a stretch but nevertheless may as well be put down

A reason that Phil may have deleted his old videos (that may have included anything with family/friends, sexual content or alcohol) and adopted a PG and PC persona was that he had a greater understanding of the YouTube guidelines than everybody else?

Maybe he really is psychic and can predict the future regarding YouTube's new policy...?

Or maybe Phil secretly works for YouTube and has adopted this safety persona for the benefit of his job? Maybe he holds shares in YouTube? This does explain Phil's reluctance to bad mouth the platform unlike seemingly every other creator. In fact his most recent live show has him sounding defensive of YouTube's choices for demonetizing stating that it was not a new policy and that neither Danisnotonfire's nor DanAndPhilGames would be affected by this, with confidence.

Maybe Phil is actually the mastermind behind all of youtube? Maybe Phil is YouTube and we're all just an elaborate imagination concocted in his brain...? I'll stop talking now....
:cactus:
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

000dia000 wrote:Okay, this consiracy is a bit of a stretch but nevertheless may as well be put down

A reason that Phil may have deleted his old videos (that may have included anything with family/friends, sexual content or alcohol) and adopted a PG and PC persona was that he had a greater understanding of the YouTube guidelines than everybody else?

Maybe he really is psychic and can predict the future regarding YouTube's new policy...?

Or maybe Phil secretly works for YouTube and has adopted this safety persona for the benefit of his job? Maybe he holds shares in YouTube? This does explain Phil's reluctance to bad mouth the platform unlike seemingly every other creator. In fact his most recent live show has him sounding defensive of YouTube's choices for demonetizing stating that it was not a new policy and that neither Danisnotonfire's nor DanAndPhilGames would be affected by this, with confidence.

Maybe Phil is actually the mastermind behind all of youtube? Maybe Phil is YouTube and we're all just an elaborate imagination concocted in his brain...? I'll stop talking now....
Ohmygods. Do you have any idea how accurate this is? I was literally thinking about this a few days ago, and I must say.. you pulled it off so perfectly. I mean, maybe Phil really is a psychic, and if he admits it.. well, not many would be surprised.

Okay, so I had this theory that.. Phan is just a part of their brand, and that it'll change once they decided that they'll move to separate homes? I dunno. Just came to me, but that would suck.
Also.. I know that people already discussed the "Knights of Wands" thing, but.. has anyone discussed about the "Three of Swords" thing? Like.. Phil will be involved in a three-way (or was it two-way?) relationship? It probably happened, to be honest. I mean, I'm just gonna throw this out there, so.. I have no idea when Stephen and Charlie became a thing, but I assume that it's before Phil met Dan. Soon after, Phil met Dan (and, imo, is pretty.. similar to Charlie back then), and they became a thing. I think the reason that Phil became attracted to Dan in the first place was because he found Dan and Charlie to be awfully alike, and that he used Dan as a replacement for Charlie, but Dan soon found a room in Phil's heart and stayed there. At first, Charlie is happy with his relationship with Stephen, supporting Phan all the way, until it slowly became messy and they broke up. Meanwhile, Dan and Phil were having a time of their lives that earned a bitter response from Charlie as he realized that he shouldn't have let go of Phil.
The relation of the "Three of Swords" in the above context is that Phil is confused on whether to let go of Charlie or not, to accept Dan or not. At first, he mostly thought of Charlie all the time, until he felt like that he was cheating on Dan, and actually gave an effort to recognize Dan as he is and not Charlie.

I'm sorry not sorry for this post. Just need to throw this ugly (unrealistic) idea out there.